Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    We are going camping this weekend and I have so much to do that I am stressed!!! Tonight I have to stop by the vets office and get my dogs meds, take my daughter to her swim lessons and go grocery shopping. Tomorrow night is my mom's retirement party. (Yay for Mom!!!) Thursday, we have to pick up the camper from my parents house and some time in there I have to pack and food prep. Oy!!!

I think there might be some beer drank around the campfire.

Also, s'mores.

That does sound like a busy week! Good luck with getting everything done! And enjoy your camping trip :smiley:

ETA: And have some s'mores for me lol
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I forgot to share my latest NSV with you.

I went to a baby shower Saturday, and there was homemade cupcakes, veggies and dip, nuts, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, watermelon, pistachio salad, and candy. I filled 2 small plates with veggies and little bit of dip, 1 pretzel, watermelon, mixed nuts, (just a few) 4 buttermints, (which I shared with Mr. Mo) and a small scoop of pistachio salad. I totally skipped the cupcakes!!! I didn't even feel like I was missing out because everyone that ate one, had blue lips and tongue.

Nice! What is pistachio salad? Sounds yummy.

Instant pistachio pudding mix is combined with whipped topping, miniature marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and nuts. This particular salad had a few too many marshmallows for me. I'm sure everyone makes theirs different, but this one was pretty good and not super heavy.

I thought we were the only people who made that! My mom makes it every Christmas. She calls it "snow salad". LOL

Marshmallows, pudding and whipped cream - yep, salad.

Yea my sister makes that too. I love it. She also makes one with cherry pie filling (it may be the picture below) and that is super tasty too!

My grandma made it at Thanksgiving. She called it Watergate Salad.

Speaking of cherry pie filling - has anyone tried the dessert where you substitute all the liquid ingredients in chocolate cake with a can of cherry pie filling? This is relevant to my interests.

If this is a thing, I need it in my life mouth PDQ.

You can mix most cake mixes with pumpkin (or pureed beans if you're into protein - black beans are actually kind of awesome in brownies because the texture is very dense and fudgey), so I would imagine something pectin-y like cherry pie filling would probably work fine too (heck, there's an old Weight Watchers "recipe" where you mix diet pop with cake mix and it still works.)

I'm not a big cherry fan (I do like fresh ones, but not so much in stuff usually) so I haven't tried it, but I've definitely done some lazy baking with pumpkin and bean and it's totally edible.

I've done the can of pumpkin with spice cake and it's awesome! I've also done soda cakes...and they're pretty good too. I loved angel food cake with a can of crushed pineapple!!! SO GOOD!
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I went to a baby shower Saturday, and there was homemade cupcakes, veggies and dip, nuts, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, watermelon, pistachio salad, and candy. I filled 2 small plates with veggies and little bit of dip, 1 pretzel, watermelon, mixed nuts, (just a few) 4 buttermints, (which I shared with Mr. Mo) and a small scoop of pistachio salad. I totally skipped the cupcakes!!! I didn't even feel like I was missing out because everyone that ate one, had blue lips and tongue.

Instant pistachio pudding mix is combined with whipped topping, miniature marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and nuts. This particular salad had a few too many marshmallows for me. I'm sure everyone makes theirs different, but this one was pretty good and not super heavy.

I thought we were the only people who made that! My mom makes it every Christmas. She calls it "snow salad". LOL

Yea my sister makes that too. I love it. She also makes one with cherry pie filling (it may be the picture below) and that is super tasty too!

Speaking of cherry pie filling - has anyone tried the dessert where you substitute all the liquid ingredients in chocolate cake with a can of cherry pie filling? This is relevant to my interests.

I'll just take the cherry pie filling. I could eat have eaten that stuff straight out of the can.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I didn't wake up this morning in time for my run so I am retreating to the gym to get my 5 miles in. It's stupidly hot here 39 Celsius (102 fahrenheit) with 40% humidity, cannot wait to go swimming after this run.

Edit: I can't spell...

Blech, that heat sounds awful.

Also, I like the new picture! (I don't know if you just changed your picture or if I just noticed)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    1crvygrl wrote: »
    rosehips60 wrote: »
    Since around the first of May I hadn't really logged food, I just logged in to keep my log-in streak, I lost nothing and actually put on a couple so I'm back to actually logging
    CONFESSION #1
    I've also been logging on the MFP site(360 days straight as of today) but not logging my food most of the time. Since Feb I've put on about 12 lbs and have only recently started logging my food and getting serious about getting this weight off. In the past 2 weeks I've lost 6 lbs and several inches.
    CONFESSION #2
    I've followed this thread since day 1, missing some days occasionally, but usually going back to catch past posts. This month, since trying harder to lose this weight I've been behind a lot. I just got caught up today, by skipping some of the pages in early July.

Welcome to the thread....now that you've posted and confessed! ;)
    And good job on getting serious, losing weight AND inches. Nicely done!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Except for crayon and coupon (q-pon), I pronounce each of those words interchangeably. I guess it depends on my mood or something.

I also randomly bust out with a fake British accent. :)

Doesn't every non-British person? I assume British people will bust out fake American or Canadian accents too.

I would think that is how Hugh Laurie got the role of House. Frequent random practice.

Whenever he was on a late night show my jaw dropped whenever I realized he was actually from England.

My sister was the one who said "You gotta watch this interview with Hugh Laurie!" I was like okay whatever... I went to sit in the chair as she hit play and I missed and fell on the floor! :lol:
    Like, REALLY?! He's from ENGLAND?! :astonished:

Go back and watch Friends episode "The One With Ross's Wedding Pt. 2. He's sitting next to Rachel on the plane. He has his accent.

OMG, I thought about that exact same thing when someone mentioned Hugh Laurie

Hugh Laurie is a legend. In his younger years he was in a comedy called Black Adder and it's my absolute favourite.
    Also FYI he is a brilliant singer and musician. <3
    I saw him and his band a few years back! Before that I had no idea he did music....and I have never watched House, but I see it is on Netflix!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It is really weird looking at the BMI scale and seeing I would be considered obese if I just gained 35 or so more pounds... when right now I'm in the normal range. 35 pounds doesn't seem like that much (of course I don't want to test that out).

I know it doesn't sound like much, but I wouldn't want to carry a 35lb kettle bell around with me all the time. :wink:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Okay, so no judgement and all, but...salad? SALAD? How is that a salad? LOL.

I'm young enough to have escaped all those things with Jello and Cool-Whip and marshmallows that people refer to as "salad", so I always find it kind of shocking that they still exist, hahaha.

In America, anything can be a salad. Throw a bunch of ingredients together, add some sort of "sauce", don't cook it, and it's a salad. These were really big in the 80's when Tupperware was all the rage. Not so much anymore. I DO love me some Waldorf Salad, though.

Waldorf Salad has actual produce in it and is really yummy!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    It is really weird looking at the BMI scale and seeing I would be considered obese if I just gained 35 or so more pounds... when right now I'm in the normal range. 35 pounds doesn't seem like that much (of course I don't want to test that out).

Until you're doing walking lunges holding that much :(

Anytime I want to over do it with food I should force myself to walk around carrying weights so I can remind myself that I don't want to gain any more.

We

I know it doesn't sound like much, but I wouldn't want to carry a 35lb kettle bell around with me all the time. :wink:
    True that! I used to get 4 x 4 liters of water from the grocery store before I had it delivered. One time they ripped the bags I was carrying because they were so heavy. Just looked up how much weight that was and (according to that calculator) 16 liters of water = 35 pounds! It was a huge burden and I would ache like crazy after getting home. Thinking back... yep, I definitely don't want to gain 35 pounds.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Yes, I have made cherry chocolate dump cake. I've also made it with blueberry pie filling and apple spice dump cake. (apple pie filling and a spice cake mix). When I need a quick dessert, it's my go to item. If I am cooking it over a campfire in a Dutch oven, I add a can of sprite. It gets too dry if I don't. Hope that helps and doesn't totally wreck your diet,
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited July 2015
    Options
    "Aluminium" is hard to say. I say it like the usual American: ALUMINUM. :tongue:

My mom and my high school chemistry teacher were friends. Just because I knew it made Doc crazy I said, "alum in um".

Edit because I can't type today.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 YOU'RE BACK!!!! You have been missed!!!! <3 And now, I am going to find a calculator to see how much you are lifting in lbs, cuz I have no idea.

ETA: Nice lifting, Lois! Those are great numbers (now that I know what they equal)

Ditto!!

And I'm a middle-aged Canadian... the metric system was introduced while I was in school... I can think in both lbs and kg, inches and cm, grams and oz, miles and km, Celsius and Fahrenheit...

I can do the bolded, oz completely escape me and so does Fahrenheit. I know there is a little equation to figure out Fahrenheit to Celsius but I can never remember it. :confounded:

I cheat o:) I have an app that converts for me so I can convert it quickly and talk to SO about celcius temps like I know what I'm talking about hahaha

Well in my opinion:

0-10C - Cold to chilly (warm jacket)
    10-20C - Chilly to cardigan weather
    20-30C - Cardigan to perfect
    30C + = WAY too hot for me.

26-28C is my perfect weather
    Starts at 0?? Update for Western Canada:
    -0 to -10C - Deathly freezing. Wear five layers of clothing and maybe a ski mask.
    -10 to -15C - Add some more layers. Maybe hibernate inside an incubator.
    -15 to -20C - Your blood feels frozen. Is your blood frozen?!
    -20 to -30C - You're already dead.
    -30 to -40C - Not applicable. Because dead.
    -40 and colder - Also not applicable. See above.

Fixed for an Arabian's (specifically a gulf one) point of view. ;)

People do have very individual temperature tolerances. I always was amused on about about a 60 degree day in Tucson to see everything from flip-flops and shorts to Uggs and parkas - sometimes next to each other.

When I first moved to Tucson, it was August. It was over 110 degrees every day, and I thought I was going to die. I would see people in jeans and long sleeves and I was so confused. 2 years later, I was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt to school with no problem, and freezing when I visited my family in Washington state. It's so weird how you can get use to extreme temps.

It's hot as hades here today, and I'm wearing a sweater. That's because I think they keep the AC set on 50 in my office...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

You can mix most cake mixes with pumpkin (or pureed beans if you're into protein - black beans are actually kind of awesome in brownies because the texture is very dense and fudgey), so I would imagine something pectin-y like cherry pie filling would probably work fine too (heck, there's an old Weight Watchers "recipe" where you mix diet pop with cake mix and it still works.)

I'm not a big cherry fan (I do like fresh ones, but not so much in stuff usually) so I haven't tried it, but I've definitely done some lazy baking with pumpkin and bean and it's totally edible.

Okay, now I am totally making a pumpkin spice cake for a potluck in early August. Thank you!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    HIYA ALL! This weekend was pretty busy, I worked Saturday and went to accupuncture. Yesterday was stupidly hot so we helped the mancreature's parents with some landscaping (I needed some sun anyway so I wore my bikini top and shorts). We also went to GNC (all the Quest Bars were on sale!!), I got to finally try the chocolate mint one and I love it! I also bought Quest protein powder (Peanut butter), which wasn't available before in Canada. I've got two months until my half marathon and the wedding that I'm a Bridesmaid in, time to tighten things up and get back into the swing of things! Lol

I am thrilled that you posted this! I traveled all over the city last week looking for Quest bars in the flavors I wanted, and still did not get them all!

I never thought of GNC til I saw this post. Not only is it literally up the street from me, the bars are cheaper AND they have a bunch of different flavors......

I love that this thread pointed me in the direction of those bars, I love them! I have tried powders, but do not like milk and juice is so sugary, and have tried other bars, and while I liked them, the carb counts were so high that I only ate them once in a while.

The net carb count for these is so low not only can I eat them often, but I can actually have fruit at breakfast which is exciting for me, as I normally cannot seem to make it work with my blood sugar normally. Except for berries cuz they are so low in sugar. My plan is to have a Quest bar four times a week for breakfast, with just greek yogurt and fruit (FRUIT!!) LOL. I have tried three flavors so far and have loved them all, I can't wait to go tomorrow and see what other kinds they have.

Has anyone tried the Quest protein chips?

We go usually twice a month and do a big "haul" so I plan on getting a bag or two of the chips, if you get tehre before let me know how they taste.

I bought three bags today and just ate the salt and vinegar......they are -ok-. Not as good as the bars, and not as good as regular chips, but with 21 grams of protein, that is awesome. I also bought a bag of sour cream and onion and sour cream and cheddar.

I also bought 12 more bars.....so I am starting to feel a bit obsessed lol. Seriously though, I have tried four flavors so far, and these are the best protein bars I have ever had. Every one I have tried so far has been delicious!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

My mom did a similar thing only with cherry chip cake or yellow cake. She drizzles a glaze over it. That was always my brother's birthday cake every year because it was his favorite. YUM
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 YOU'RE BACK!!!! You have been missed!!!! <3 And now, I am going to find a calculator to see how much you are lifting in lbs, cuz I have no idea.

ETA: Nice lifting, Lois! Those are great numbers (now that I know what they equal)

Ditto!!

And I'm a middle-aged Canadian... the metric system was introduced while I was in school... I can think in both lbs and kg, inches and cm, grams and oz, miles and km, Celsius and Fahrenheit...

I can do the bolded, oz completely escape me and so does Fahrenheit. I know there is a little equation to figure out Fahrenheit to Celsius but I can never remember it. :confounded:

I cheat o:) I have an app that converts for me so I can convert it quickly and talk to SO about celcius temps like I know what I'm talking about hahaha

Well in my opinion:

0-10C - Cold to chilly (warm jacket)
    10-20C - Chilly to cardigan weather
    20-30C - Cardigan to perfect
    30C + = WAY too hot for me.

26-28C is my perfect weather
    Starts at 0?? Update for Western Canada:
    -0 to -10C - Deathly freezing. Wear five layers of clothing and maybe a ski mask.
    -10 to -15C - Add some more layers. Maybe hibernate inside an incubator.
    -15 to -20C - Your blood feels frozen. Is your blood frozen?!
    -20 to -30C - You're already dead.
    -30 to -40C - Not applicable. Because dead.
    -40 and colder - Also not applicable. See above.

Fixed for an Arabian's (specifically a gulf one) point of view. ;)

People do have very individual temperature tolerances. I always was amused on about about a 60 degree day in Tucson to see everything from flip-flops and shorts to Uggs and parkas - sometimes next to each other.

When I first moved to Tucson, it was August. It was over 110 degrees every day, and I thought I was going to die. I would see people in jeans and long sleeves and I was so confused. 2 years later, I was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt to school with no problem, and freezing when I visited my family in Washington state. It's so weird how you can get use to extreme temps.

@berlynnwall we are location twins! When did you live in Tucson?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    HIYA ALL! This weekend was pretty busy, I worked Saturday and went to accupuncture. Yesterday was stupidly hot so we helped the mancreature's parents with some landscaping (I needed some sun anyway so I wore my bikini top and shorts). We also went to GNC (all the Quest Bars were on sale!!), I got to finally try the chocolate mint one and I love it! I also bought Quest protein powder (Peanut butter), which wasn't available before in Canada. I've got two months until my half marathon and the wedding that I'm a Bridesmaid in, time to tighten things up and get back into the swing of things! Lol

I am thrilled that you posted this! I traveled all over the city last week looking for Quest bars in the flavors I wanted, and still did not get them all!

I never thought of GNC til I saw this post. Not only is it literally up the street from me, the bars are cheaper AND they have a bunch of different flavors......

I love that this thread pointed me in the direction of those bars, I love them! I have tried powders, but do not like milk and juice is so sugary, and have tried other bars, and while I liked them, the carb counts were so high that I only ate them once in a while.

The net carb count for these is so low not only can I eat them often, but I can actually have fruit at breakfast which is exciting for me, as I normally cannot seem to make it work with my blood sugar normally. Except for berries cuz they are so low in sugar. My plan is to have a Quest bar four times a week for breakfast, with just greek yogurt and fruit (FRUIT!!) LOL. I have tried three flavors so far and have loved them all, I can't wait to go tomorrow and see what other kinds they have.

What were your favorite flavors so far?

I officially deem the worst flavor Coconut Cashew! I ate that one Saturday & had to force myself to finish it.

@Francl27 I'm pretty sure has ate The Quest Protein Chips.

My favorite so far is the chocolate chip cookie dough......I have also tried the chocolate peanut butter and double chocolate chunk....both great. I plan on buying ten bars tomorrow, with a couple cookie dough and then one of each flavor I want to try so I can figure out which ones are gonna be my go to ones (I did that with Hagaan Dazs at the beginning too, ;) ).

If they have the chips I am gonna buy a bag and try them out.

ETA: @spacequiztime - just saw your post now.....why were they awful?? Second this last sentence, lol.

Another one that disappointed me was the S'Mores bar since it didn't really have that much of a S'Mores taste. The White Chocolate Raspberry bars are my favorite, but with them you have raspberry seeds that can get stuck in your teeth which is a bit of an annoyance. My sister's favorite flavor so far is the Cookies & Cream.
    I am hoping to try the cookies and creme, white chocolate raspberry, peanut butter and jelly, apple pie, cinnamon roll, strawberry cheesecake, brownie and maybe the mint chocolate. Mind you, I have no idea what flavors they have, but that is just what I saw online.

Is it silly that I am THIS excited to go and buy protein bars??

Not at all! My sister & I went to GNC a few weeks ago & we were like kids in a candy store. Do you buy them from GNC or another store? If you buy them from GNC you can purchase a Gold card that at least in the US makes the boxes $24.99. On the Quest website on Cyber Monday I believe the price per box was even cheaper than GNC.

Well the first two I bought at Zehrs, and then Commisso's for the next few.....but then someone here said GNC so I went there today, and they have ALL the flavors! Not three like the grocery store, lol. Plus they are always buy 4 get one free, AND you can mix and match with the chips.

Within a months time I will have tried all the flavors (except for the few that do not look appealing to me at all), and will know which ones are my go to!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I didn't wake up this morning in time for my run so I am retreating to the gym to get my 5 miles in. It's stupidly hot here 39 Celsius (102 fahrenheit) with 40% humidity, cannot wait to go swimming after this run.

Edit: I can't spell...

I am no longer mentally whining about 91 with 56% humidity. Thank you. And yes, that's too hot to run outside.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

What were your favorite flavors so far?

I officially deem the worst flavor Coconut Cashew! I ate that one Saturday & had to force myself to finish it.

@Francl27 I'm pretty sure has ate The Quest Protein Chips.

My favorite so far is the chocolate chip cookie dough......I have also tried the chocolate peanut butter and double chocolate chunk....both great. I plan on buying ten bars tomorrow, with a couple cookie dough and then one of each flavor I want to try so I can figure out which ones are gonna be my go to ones (I did that with Hagaan Dazs at the beginning too, ;) ).

If they have the chips I am gonna buy a bag and try them out.

ETA: @spacequiztime - just saw your post now.....why were they awful?? Second this last sentence, lol.

Another one that disappointed me was the S'Mores bar since it didn't really have that much of a S'Mores taste. The White Chocolate Raspberry bars are my favorite, but with them you have raspberry seeds that can get stuck in your teeth which is a bit of an annoyance. My sister's favorite flavor so far is the Cookies & Cream.
    I am hoping to try the cookies and creme, white chocolate raspberry, peanut butter and jelly, apple pie, cinnamon roll, strawberry cheesecake, brownie and maybe the mint chocolate. Mind you, I have no idea what flavors they have, but that is just what I saw online.

Is it silly that I am THIS excited to go and buy protein bars??

Not at all! My sister & I went to GNC a few weeks ago & we were like kids in a candy store. Do you buy them from GNC or another store? If you buy them from GNC you can purchase a Gold card that at least in the US makes the boxes $24.99. On the Quest website on Cyber Monday I believe the price per box was even cheaper than GNC.

At Supplement Giant (which is where I've always purchased my Quest Bars) a box is ALWAYS $24.99 no Gold Card or sales necessary. What I like about SG is that you can mix and match boxes so you can get the flavors you like without having to buy a whole box of them, or if you want to try just one of each flavor, you can do that too.

PS. It's not silly at all to be excited about protein bars when they pack that much good stuff in such low calories. I actually like the s'mores one, but cannot STAND the white chocolate raspberry, but to each their own. I haven't been brave enough to try the PB&J yet, but maybe some day I will be.

OHHHH PB&J is what I have packed for breakfast tomorrow!!

I used to eat pure protein or cliff, but the carb counts were so high, too much sugar, and did not taste as good!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Okay, as another word comparison, how do you say batteries?

Bat-trees or (the correct way lol) batter-ees ?

Batter-ees! Pet peeve here, people who can't say espresso correctly...

Yup, and people who say 'pacific' instead of 'specific'. No, no 'Pacific' is an ocean honey, you mean specific.

YESSSSSS!!!!!
    Also when people say "supposably" instead of "supposedly". DRIVES ME NUTS!!!!

YES!!! THIS!