Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Oooh, so much good stuff in your post! I like Quest bars for the protein/fiber double win, since I need high fiber.

Yep, a workout should feel like you worked at it. Sometimes I wish I had a trainer pushing me, I'm probably not working to capacity.

Both of these so much! I know I could be working harder, but I have no one pushing me or even holding me accountable, so I'm lazy. I let myself slide WAY too much. I should work harder, but I don't.

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Note: I love ferrets. :heart:

Such cute pictures. I've mentioned before that my sister has ferrets. I am a dream angel for five ferrets (that is where you donate money to help pay for the care of ferrets that are permanent residents at a ferret care site). We are going to a bbq to help raise money for them this weekend too. :) It should be a lot of fun.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    labohn91 wrote: »
    I like to wear my headphones with no music so I can listen in on peoples conversation.

Bahahaha I totally do this too!

I do this accidentally. Whatever I have on will end, and I won't notice...

(I've noticed bad news feed posts - do not blow up this thread! pg 1318)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, today's lesson, if you think you've got something put away out of the toddler's reach, you haven't. Let's just say Raelynn and I will now have matching mandolin slicer scars. And I feel like a horrible person/parent now...

Oh no. Ouch. You are not an horrible/person or parent. Toddlers are cagey beings!!

Believe me, that slicer and all its parts are in the trash now. Nothing like seeing your 3 year old running towards you screaming while covered in and dripping blood everywhere to give you a scare. I could have sworn I had that thing out of her reach but apparently she was able to get it.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I am SO tired. I was staying up last night watching some cringey compilation videos. Cringey as in it hurts to watch them because you feel so bad for the people in the video (why was I doing it to myself?). I had to take several breaks and in the end I felt like I died a little bit inside. One dude sent his wife away on vacation for a week so he could surprise her with a brand new AMAZING kitchen that he spent $60,000 on. First thing she says? "I hate that color." UNREAL. Instead of commenting on the two stoves she always wanted, she got mad at him for not changing a LIGHTBULB of all things. He worked to make her happy all week and the only things she could do were insult him and nitpick. That video was less cringey and more infuriating.

I don't know why I'm saying all this..... guess the video really stuck with me? :lol: Kindness is important!

I've seen that one too. I would have cried if someone had done all that work for me.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    levan11 wrote: »
    I'd also like to point out that it DOES affect me. That money doesn't come from thin air. Everybody will be paying for it in the form of higher prices for pretty much everything. If I am also not getting a raise, that is a double hit to me. Buttttt this is the last I will say on this matter. Zipping my lips, promise! :|

My mouth is hanging so far open that it might just fall off my face!

Do you not think the prices of things raise during minimum wage freezes? Do you not think it affects those hard working people?

I am literally floored......

I don't care if I get hate for this, but this is one of the reasons so much of the world has such a poor image of Americans and how they think and behave.......

My sister is American, and is a very high up in a very big company and makes a disgusting amount of money, I would be shocked to hear her say something like this.

FWIW, I'm American and I 1000% agree with @Italian_Buju on this.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that we would begrudge somebody making $15/hr when they don't have any problem at all with the CEO of same company making $5,000+/hr. Seriously?

And, a degreed nurse only makes $20/hr? I did not know that. That boggles my mind. For the amount of money that health care costs, where is all the money going??

I know people who work as unskilled labor in a warehouse who make $26/hr, non-union, in a state with a reasonable cost of living. Why on earth would they make more than a nurse? Oh, right, because the company is willing to pay up to get employees that will stay.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Woke up to find our dog had died in the middle of the night. She was 11 years old. And we have no idea why it happened.

One of my kids is devastated. The other doesn't even know yet, and I have to tell her soon.

Oh no. I am so sorry. :( That is terrible.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Except for crayon and coupon (q-pon), I pronounce each of those words interchangeably. I guess it depends on my mood or something.

I also randomly bust out with a fake British accent. :)

Doesn't every non-British person? I assume British people will bust out fake American or Canadian accents too.

I would think that is how Hugh Laurie got the role of House. Frequent random practice.

Whenever he was on a late night show my jaw dropped whenever I realized he was actually from England.

My sister was the one who said "You gotta watch this interview with Hugh Laurie!" I was like okay whatever... I went to sit in the chair as she hit play and I missed and fell on the floor! :lol:
    Like, REALLY?! He's from ENGLAND?! :astonished:

Go back and watch Friends episode "The One With Ross's Wedding Pt. 2. He's sitting next to Rachel on the plane. He has his accent.

• ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Toddlers can teleport. Nothing is ever completely out of their reach. Every mother would have an "Oh my god! How did they reach that!" story but most have been forgotten.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession: FMLA Girl was out Tuesday, yesterday and today this week and I am having to do work she hasn't done for the last month. I confess that if she really is so sick she cannot do her work while she's here, I think they should put off on short-term disability until they find out what is wrong and fix it. I'd rather do the work in a timely fashion than know I am only allowed to work on it when she isn't here.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    oriel67 wrote: »
    I am afraid that when I lose my weight, I will feel ugly and hate the extra skin so much, that I will gain the weight back :(

I don't know how much you want to lose, but you might find you don't have much loose skin or that if you do, you won't really care. My arms are nicely toned (thanks to our very own in-thread arm workout series), but I have crazy bingo wings and I couldn't care less. I let my freak flags fly in tank tops and short sleeved shirts!

What I'm trying to say is that I would rather have the loose skin than the extra 135lbs I was carrying.

Wait, are bingo wings loose skin? I have them, but there's so much fat in them I didn't consider it to be loose skin. And they're slowly shrinking.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Woke up to find our dog had died in the middle of the night. She was 11 years old. And we have no idea why it happened.

One of my kids is devastated. The other doesn't even know yet, and I have to tell her soon.

Oh my gosh, how horrible! I am so, so sorry!!! hugs to you..and your kids! <3
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju -minimum wage nationally in the U.S. is $7.25/hr. States and localities can set it higher if they like. I know, for instance, it's $15/hr in Seattle, but not all of the state of Washington.

If the minimum wage here in TN were raised to 15/hr, I would get a raise and so would most of my coworkers who do not have masters' degrees, except for the nurses. (I have a bachelors.) however, if you think bachelors degree nurses who are making $20/hr vs CNAs who make $10 or people who make $8.75 to transport patients and deliver food and clean rooms are going to stand for not getting a raise if those people do, then you don't know human nature. It's not that all nurses look down on them (some do - I don't like them); it's that they've put years into their education and training and feel that it brings the hospitals and medical practices more skill. And if the bottom gets a raise and so does everyone else to be fair, then how do we contain costs to the patient?

It's a problem, but there are no magic wand solutions.

The problem, is not what you make vs what someone else makes. The problem is that you have CEO's making 8 BILLION dollars a year, while their employees cannot afford food!

I so agree with this ^. No one needs that amount of money.

However, I also agree with the other side (please don't hate me-I really like you :) ). I have a bachelor's degree and it put me into a lot of debt. $500 a month goes to debt for my degree alone (it used to be $680 but I did pay one loan off). So, the way I see it is why did I bother going to school if I'm not going to make more than what minimum wage is going to be anyway? I would have been way better off not going at all. I'd have more money than I do now.

I will also not say anything else on this because I don't want this thread to crash. :)

But why is that the fault of the person that makes minimum wage??

I am sorry, but everyone of you that posted about this, all I can see is "I am mad that the person that makes my coffee/cleans my toilet when I stay at a hotel/makes my sandwich at subway, is able to feed their kids, pay their rent and have heat all winter" And quite frankly, it makes me sick to my stomach.

Some of those people work 40-60 hours a week, doing hard laborious jobs, and you guys do not think they work hard enough to make a living wage?

Minimum wage has gone up quite a few times in the last few years where I live, and while it does not affect me personally, I am glad the woman that makes my tea every morning on my way to work, might be able to buy something nice for her kid and still pay her phone bill in the same month. And it disgusts me that some people would rather see people like that struggle and not be able to eat every day, because they did not have the same opportunity to go to school that you did. Not everyone is born on the same playing field and gets the same chances, but everyone is human and deserves the same dignity and a living wage.

Okay so nobody here ever said we think anyone is beneath us. Not once and not at all. And no one said we would like to see people to continue to struggle. You're right it's not their fault, but it's my fault that my dad worked his butt off so I could get a good education? No it's not. We're not saying that anyone is below anyone or they don't deserve to make money when they work hard, so please quit saying that.

It's not a bad thing to disagree with people and have different point of views but your posts come across a bit mean to me.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, can we all just agree to disagree??
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Dnarules, I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is hard but I think it's a hundred times harder when you have kids who loved him or her too.

@raelynnsmama52512, I'll be thinking good thoughts for your family, both the housing thing and for your little girl. You are one tough cookie!

@quiksylver296, the triceps thing is awesome. I've been trying for months and I don't think I'm making much headway but they look so good on fit people so I'm not giving up.

On the cheese subject, in our fridge right now we have:

A hunk of parmesan
    A hunk of asiago
    Jalapeno cheddar
    Herb and garlic cheddar
    Extra old chedder (sensing a pattern? The blocks were on sale at the grocery store a couple weeks ago)
    Light goat cheese
    Feta
    Bocconcini pearls
    And six pounds of shredded pizza mozzarella in the freezer (again, there was a sale...)

I would also like to use this post to complain, because last night we went to the travel health clinic for our vaccinations and got totally pincushioned, so today I'm $664 poorer, have a fever of 103F, and can barely lift my arms (and I've got a pretty impressive swollen lump on my right tricep from the Yellow Fever one.) At least my insurance will reimburse the money, but I feel siiiiiiiiiick and whiny.

Edited to add: oh, woe is me, I have to put up with some minor discomfort because I get to go on an exotic vacation, however will I cope?....I've got some major first-world problems today.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I am SO tired. I was staying up last night watching some cringey compilation videos. Cringey as in it hurts to watch them because you feel so bad for the people in the video (why was I doing it to myself?). I had to take several breaks and in the end I felt like I died a little bit inside. One dude sent his wife away on vacation for a week so he could surprise her with a brand new AMAZING kitchen that he spent $60,000 on. First thing she says? "I hate that color." UNREAL. Instead of commenting on the two stoves she always wanted, she got mad at him for not changing a LIGHTBULB of all things. He worked to make her happy all week and the only things she could do were insult him and nitpick. That video was less cringey and more infuriating.

I don't know why I'm saying all this..... guess the video really stuck with me? :lol: Kindness is important!

Omg, I saw this video...I could NOT believe her reaction!!!

I seriously wanted to slap her when I watched that. I'm telling you, if my hubby sent me off on a vacation AND dropped that much money to give me my dream kitchen, I'd be thanking him profusely, not nitpicking and complaining! Some people just can't be made happy though...

I felt like that video was staged. I saw it a long time ago, it seemed very fake, almost like they were reading their lines. Also, I wouldn't want my hubby redoing my kitchen without my involvement. Maybe that makes me a horrible person, but I want to choose the colors and whatnot together, not take whatever he picks out.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So, today's lesson, if you think you've got something put away out of the toddler's reach, you haven't. Let's just say Raelynn and I will now have matching mandolin slicer scars. And I feel like a horrible person/parent now...

Oh no. Ouch. You are not an horrible/person or parent. Toddlers are cagey beings!!

Believe me, that slicer and all its parts are in the trash now. Nothing like seeing your 3 year old running towards you screaming while covered in and dripping blood everywhere to give you a scare. I could have sworn I had that thing out of her reach but apparently she was able to get it.
    Ouch, I love my mandolin but it can be scary to think about how easy it is to get a bad cut from it.

Sorry to hear about your pet @Dnarules
  • rungirl1973
    Options

So sorry for your loss.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

And, a degreed nurse only makes $20/hr? I did not know that. That boggles my mind. For the amount of money that health care costs, where is all the money going??

Here, where the cost of living is beyond cheap, yes, a brand new RN with a BSN starts at $20/hr. If I answered the rest of your question, I am afraid I really might blow up the thread. Let's just say that I wish we had skipped the Accountable Care Act and gone straight to single payer and there are a lot of regulatory costs in medicine. (And I mean that knowing that it might cost me my job and I might have to go back to waiting tables for tips.)
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju -minimum wage nationally in the U.S. is $7.25/hr. States and localities can set it higher if they like. I know, for instance, it's $15/hr in Seattle, but not all of the state of Washington.

If the minimum wage here in TN were raised to 15/hr, I would get a raise and so would most of my coworkers who do not have masters' degrees, except for the nurses. (I have a bachelors.) however, if you think bachelors degree nurses who are making $20/hr vs CNAs who make $10 or people who make $8.75 to transport patients and deliver food and clean rooms are going to stand for not getting a raise if those people do, then you don't know human nature. It's not that all nurses look down on them (some do - I don't like them); it's that they've put years into their education and training and feel that it brings the hospitals and medical practices more skill. And if the bottom gets a raise and so does everyone else to be fair, then how do we contain costs to the patient?

It's a problem, but there are no magic wand solutions.

The problem, is not what you make vs what someone else makes. The problem is that you have CEO's making 8 BILLION dollars a year, while their employees cannot afford food!

I so agree with this ^. No one needs that amount of money.

However, I also agree with the other side (please don't hate me-I really like you :) ). I have a bachelor's degree and it put me into a lot of debt. $500 a month goes to debt for my degree alone (it used to be $680 but I did pay one loan off). So, the way I see it is why did I bother going to school if I'm not going to make more than what minimum wage is going to be anyway? I would have been way better off not going at all. I'd have more money than I do now.

I will also not say anything else on this because I don't want this thread to crash. :)

But why is that the fault of the person that makes minimum wage??

I am sorry, but everyone of you that posted about this, all I can see is "I am mad that the person that makes my coffee/cleans my toilet when I stay at a hotel/makes my sandwich at subway, is able to feed their kids, pay their rent and have heat all winter" And quite frankly, it makes me sick to my stomach.

Some of those people work 40-60 hours a week, doing hard laborious jobs, and you guys do not think they work hard enough to make a living wage?

Minimum wage has gone up quite a few times in the last few years where I live, and while it does not affect me personally, I am glad the woman that makes my tea every morning on my way to work, might be able to buy something nice for her kid and still pay her phone bill in the same month. And it disgusts me that some people would rather see people like that struggle and not be able to eat every day, because they did not have the same opportunity to go to school that you did. Not everyone is born on the same playing field and gets the same chances, but everyone is human and deserves the same dignity and a living wage.

Okay so nobody here ever said we think anyone is beneath us. Not once and not at all. And no one said we would like to see people to continue to struggle. You're right it's not their fault, but it's my fault that my dad worked his butt off so I could get a good education? No it's not. We're not saying that anyone is below anyone or they don't deserve to make money when they work hard, so please quit saying that.

It's not a bad thing to disagree with people and have different point of views but your posts come across a bit mean to me.

I know I said I wouldn't say any more on this but I agree with this.

I do not look down on others and I don't think they should be paid less. I am a good tipper since that was brought up (usually I end up tipping 50% or so when I go out). I think everyone deserves to be treated kindly and be able to provide for their family.

All I'm saying is why did I bother going to school and getting in debt to make the same amount? It's my fault, I know, and if I could go back I would have skipped college.

And that's it because I like this thread too much. No hard feelings to anyone. :)