New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    I dream of a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods :'( At least we have a Costco which has introduced me to many great new products.

I was thrilled when I moved and found out that there was a Whole Foods 10 minutes away (the closest was 45 minutes before). Even more thrilled 10 months later when they built a TJ just on the other side of that road!

But honestly, I don't go that often. The stuff I love there is high calories so it's really a treat.
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    patrikc333 wrote: »
    I never noticed M&S offers "count on us" low fat desserts

130g of double chocolate sundae = 170 cal
    skinny choc mousse = 116 cal

tasted super yummy, decent portion, cheap = my new paradise

I have to look... where do you find those in the store?

Those brownies... man they look good!

I found them in the cold dessert area but depending on the store they can be scattered around between the fridges

there is a good variety, well worth to try!

Hmm are you in the US or the UK? I always look there, and I haven't seen anything.

Oh, and I saw yesterday that the Cheesecake Factory has a new flavor coming out in 2 days... Salted caramel. Going to have to make room for that...

UK
  • Francl27
    Options

I found them in the cold dessert area but depending on the store they can be scattered around between the fridges

Hmm are you in the US or the UK? I always look there, and I haven't seen anything.

Oh, and I saw yesterday that the Cheesecake Factory has a new flavor coming out in 2 days... Salted caramel. Going to have to make room for that...

UK

Figures! My biggest disappointment when I moved to the US is how sad the cold dessert section is. It's 99% yogurts.

Oh and if anyone was wondering what the salted caramel cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory looks like...

CCF_Salted_Caramel_Cheesecake_staged_highres-600x450.jpg

Really going to have to save calories for it.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

UK

Figures! My biggest disappointment when I moved to the US is how sad the cold dessert section is. It's 99% yogurts.

Oh and if anyone was wondering what the salted caramel cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory looks like...

CCF_Salted_Caramel_Cheesecake_staged_highres-600x450.jpg

Really going to have to save calories for it.
    Ooh, that looks delicious!
  • 29_adjacent
    29_adjacent Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Been looking for protein bars that actually taste good since I really don't like Quest bars.

This one is lovely! Just like a normal chocolate bar to be honest, not at all chewy or tough. Loved it! (Not new but new to me.)

54o0tvtuyunx.jpg

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    y7rl5df9dit8.jpg

These are new at Trader Joes. Really good. They actually taste like their gluten free brownie mix. The mix is one of the best gluten free brownies I ever had.
    Oh wow! I really wish the closest Trader Joe's to me wasn't downtown. :/

DSC03720.jpg
    I don't remember if I've made a post about this, but I really love this stuff. I plan on buying the Kroger brand coconut macaroon spread next. I'm not sure how it would compare to the Trader Joe's cookie and cream spread.

Mwahaha. All the cool kids live inside the loop... :wink:
    Baaa :s

At least HEBs are plentiful.

• whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Tulsi green tea that we picked up in a Indian grocery store. It has a cinnamon, woodsy type flavor. Pretty yummy!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I dream of a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods :'( At least we have a Costco which has introduced me to many great new products.

I was thrilled when I moved and found out that there was a Whole Foods 10 minutes away (the closest was 45 minutes before). Even more thrilled 10 months later when they built a TJ just on the other side of that road!

But honestly, I don't go that often. The stuff I love there is high calories so it's really a treat.

You know the good thing about having a Trader Joe's right next to your work? You can go there anytime you want.

You know the bad thing about having a Trader Joe's right next to your work? You can go there anytime you want. And try the Brownie Crisps. And then have an open bag of Brownie Crisps under your desk for the rest of the day (I do better portion controlling at home) just taunting you.

• Francl27
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

You know the good thing about having a Trader Joe's right next to your work? You can go there anytime you want.

You know the bad thing about having a Trader Joe's right next to your work? You can go there anytime you want. And try the Brownie Crisps. And then have an open bag of Brownie Crisps under your desk for the rest of the day (I do better portion controlling at home) just taunting you.

I hear you. I tried the hazelnut cookies once. Promised I would never buy them. Just too dangerous.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    y7rl5df9dit8.jpg

These are new at Trader Joes. Really good. They actually taste like their gluten free brownie mix. The mix is one of the best gluten free brownies I ever had.
    Oh wow! I really wish the closest Trader Joe's to me wasn't downtown. :/

DSC03720.jpg
    I don't remember if I've made a post about this, but I really love this stuff. I plan on buying the Kroger brand coconut macaroon spread next. I'm not sure how it would compare to the Trader Joe's cookie and cream spread.

Mwahaha. All the cool kids live inside the loop... :wink:

That spread looks pretty good. The Jif Cookies & Cream Nutella is alright but not as good as Lotus Cookie Spread.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I can't stop eating these Black Sesame Bars I just tried!!! Super healthy too; four pieces have 10 grams of protein, 5g fiber, 30% calcium (and not to mention all the copper not listed since black sesame is a fantastic source of that among other nutrients)! I've also tried milk candy for the first time recently and I can't get enough of it!
    Seriously, I have a weird obsession with my Asian grocery store. So many good finds!

80m05yh8t1mv.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Did I post this already? o14v8iz9ipo8.jpg

They are great with coffee flavored Chobani as an afternoon pick me up...
    image.jpg 1014.2K
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the Oikos Apple Pie, but I'll have to, now!

Update: The Chobani Salted Caramel Flip was only meh. Not enough salt to balance out the sweet, so why bother? Also, not very caramel-y. Good, but not what I was hoping for. I also tried one of the Oikos(?) Triple Zero yogurts- Coconut Creme. Not impressed. No added sugar PLUS no artificial sweeteners made it a bit too tart for me. That plus fat free . . . just too much of nothing. I don't really care about either sugar or artificial sweeteners, so I'll stick to my regular Yoplaits and Chobanis.

Yeah, I bought one on a whim because it sounded good. I don't really like stuff in my yogurt, and I didn't find it that good anyway.

I also tried the Yasso bars. I think the mint chocolate chip is AWESOME and the Salted Caramel is good but not as good, so I will probably stick with mint after the Salted Caramel are gone.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I bought these honey sesame cookie thins. They were a little sweeter but not too bad for a dollar.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Bought the Oreos thins as I found them on sale. I'm a fan... plus 4 of them is very satisfying for 140 calories!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Bought the Oreos thins as I found them on sale. I'm a fan... plus 4 of them is very satisfying for 140 calories!

The Golden Thins were delicious. The next time I buy cookies I might get the Mint.