Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• lucstone
    lucstone Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My go to dinner used to be a large ultimate bacon cheeseburger combo, 2 tacos, 20 pc nuggets, and an oreo cookie shake.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @Just_Ceci I was looking through the photos in the bat cave on the random picture thread and I cannot get over how cute your granddaughter is!! I just want to pinch her little cheeks!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So I just spent about 40 minutes drawing Poison Ivy and The Joker. I'm excited for Suicide Squad (I know Poison Ivy isn't in it, but I like her)!!! I've seen the trailer like 30 times and am so frustrated that I have to wait until next year to see it. :lol: I'm drawing Harley next! Maybe I should start reading the comics.
  • LBuehrle8
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I suck at posting whoops!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    So I just spent about 40 minutes drawing Poison Ivy and The Joker. I'm excited for Suicide Squad (I know Poison Ivy isn't in it, but I like her)!!! I've seen the trailer like 30 times and am so frustrated that I have to wait until next year to see it. :lol: I'm drawing Harley next! Maybe I should start reading the comics.

Ooo you should post it in he bat cave!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

I take it you're posting from your phone. I HATE posting from my phone and I still haven't figured out how to upload pictures so I have to email them to myself and then share them from my computer. It's for sure a pain in my heiny.

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    A couple of weeks ago I posted that we were having a grandbaby any day, well she has still not had that baby! Tomorrow is the day though, they are inducing labor in the morning. I am so excited to meet my granddaughter!
    That's so exciting! Good luck and I hope the delivery goes very smoothly :smiley:
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I take it you're posting from your phone. I HATE posting from my phone and I still haven't figured out how to upload pictures so I have to email them to myself and then share them from my computer. It's for sure a pain in my heiny.

You are smart! I post from my phone when I'm at home! And it suuuuucks
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Hi, all,

Just giving a quick update, as I may be in and out over the next few days. I am at my Mom's for vacation with my sister and her 2 kids who are 14 (girl) and 10 (boy). We are going to NY today and visiting the new world trade center and then maybe the village and maybe the Empire State Bldg. Then Times Square tonight and dinner. Then I booked a hotel off of central park and in the AM we'll go for a long walk in central park (I am going to run there in the AM before they get up), lunch in central park and then I got us all tickets to the Lion King. I have never seen it and am SO excited.

I live 45 minutes from NY, used to work there daily, still go in a lot, and still get like a kid when I can go in and play tourist. I LOVE NYC!

Will take plenty of pics to share with you all when I can get them uploaded.

Take care... sorry have to say this... no politics and remember no swearing! (Excusing yourself or apologizing to the people who don't like it before you swear still counts as swearing...). I think we have all gotten back to a good place the last few days, let's stay there so we don't lose any of our dear friends. Thanks!

Lion King is amazing! My other half surprised me with tickets for my birthday last year and I loved it!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    @WestCoastJo82 Can you tell me the name of the lifting program you do? I'm at work with the overly zealous interwebs filter, so I probably can't look it up here. But can you tell me the basic lifts you do? We have a power rack at home and I'm wondering if the lifts are ones I could manage at home.

ETA: Strong Lifts? Is that it?
    Yes! Strong lifts 5x5 is the name of the program. If you have a power rack at home you are completely set! (And I'm insanely jealous of you and @ythannah). SL is just two workouts that you alternate - three lifts per workout, 5 sets of 5 reps (except deadlift, that's only one set). A is squat, bench, row and B is squat, overhead press, deadlift. Ideal programming is three times a week, but I only do twice a week sometimes and I'm still steadily progressing. If you download the free app it tells you when and how much to up your weight (which is everytime unless you fail) and will tell you to decrease weight if you fail too many times in a row. Also has a nifty timer built in to make sure you're resting enough between sets.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I forgot to share my latest NSV with you.

I went to a baby shower Saturday, and there was homemade cupcakes, veggies and dip, nuts, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, watermelon, pistachio salad, and candy. I filled 2 small plates with veggies and little bit of dip, 1 pretzel, watermelon, mixed nuts, (just a few) 4 buttermints, (which I shared with Mr. Mo) and a small scoop of pistachio salad. I totally skipped the cupcakes!!! I didn't even feel like I was missing out because everyone that ate one, had blue lips and tongue.

Nice! What is pistachio salad? Sounds yummy.

Instant pistachio pudding mix is combined with whipped topping, miniature marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and nuts. This particular salad had a few too many marshmallows for me. I'm sure everyone makes theirs different, but this one was pretty good and not super heavy.

I don't believe this is possible.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Sounds like an awesome day! What's everyone's favorite pizza?

Mine is either plain cheese, pizza with cheeseburger, sausage, & mushrooms, or pineapple pizza.

Shockingly, my all-time favourite is Pizza Hut Meat Lover's with added feta. Total sodium bomb, however.

I can eat meat as pizza topping because it's normally processed way beyond any resemblance to meat, in my mind.

Otherwise I tend to favour plain old pepperoni and cheese, or a multi-cheese blend. You'd think veggie pizzas would be a shoe-in for me but they tend to include the dreaded olives or some other vegetable that turns out slimy and weird... this can sometimes happen with mushrooms and tomatoes.

Ugh, I hate Olives! I always take them off my pizza if someone orders a Supreme.

My old favorite pizza place made me sick the last time I went there. I don't know if it was the grease, the hamburger, or the sauce.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Same. I try to avoid the thread at night because it's such a pain posting on the Android app. I don't even get to see all of the photos posted in threads or avatars.

Someone I know ordered two Fitbit Zips for a birthday and Amazon sent a third for free! :open_mouth:

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @WestCoastJo82 Can you tell me the name of the lifting program you do? I'm at work with the overly zealous interwebs filter, so I probably can't look it up here. But can you tell me the basic lifts you do? We have a power rack at home and I'm wondering if the lifts are ones I could manage at home.

That's awesome! I wish I had the space for one.

http://stronglifts.com/ You can also check out the Strong Lifts app. I tried it a while back and probably would have made better progress if I wasn't overdoing cardio and my deficit. I am seriously ashamed of my dairy on Fatsecret. :/
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I can't keep any dessert type snacks in my house like cookies or cake or chocolate because I am incapable of eating them in moderation.

You're not alone. I am banning ice cream, cookies, & other desserts for a long time until I can eat them in moderation.

I have no food in my house. No wine, no snacks, no goodies. I can't eat anything in moderation when its in my house.

Yeah, we saw your fridge.....apparently mints are the only thing you can control yourself around, LMAO!

@Italian_Buju I think the mints were for the horses! Hee hee...

Yep! They are horse treats. I hardly ever eat those mints! But the horses. ...they love them. Whenever I give a horse who had never had one for the first time their eyes light up as soon as they bite it. :)

Do they just swallow them whole? Or do they chew them? I never would have guessed horses would like mints!

They chew them. The first time they try them it takes them a while to figure out how to chew them. They seriously love them.

The way you describe the horses & their mints sounds like the York Peppermint commercials:).
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I had a dream last night that I started SL 5x5. I was at the Y and I was completely lost on what to do and what machine to use and NO ONE would help me, they all just continued doing their thing even though I looked like a lost child hiding the clothes rack.

This is my fear. I will get up the courage to start and will be totally lost and no one will help me, so I just take myself back to the cardio stuff because it's easy and I have yet to hurt myself on it.

I have anxiety over this. :(

Your anxiety is understandable, but at least at my Y my fears proved unfounded. I was able to make an appointment with an employee to do an orientation. He showed me how to use everything and helped me with a program for the goals I had then. I've ditched it for mostly weight training now, but it was helpful a year ago. :)
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

Yes! Strong lifts 5x5 is the name of the program. If you have a power rack at home you are completely set! (And I'm insanely jealous of you and @ythannah). SL is just two workouts that you alternate - three lifts per workout, 5 sets of 5 reps (except deadlift, that's only one set). A is squat, bench, row and B is squat, overhead press, deadlift. Ideal programming is three times a week, but I only do twice a week sometimes and I'm still steadily progressing. If you download the free app it tells you when and how much to up your weight (which is everytime unless you fail) and will tell you to decrease weight if you fail too many times in a row. Also has a nifty timer built in to make sure you're resting enough between sets.

Perfect! Thanks for the info! I think I'd like to try that out after I finish up with the last 10-12 lbs I wanted to lose. I've never done a dead lift and am irrationally worried about hurting my back somehow... heh... I think I'll watch some videos re: form and such... or just ask Mr. Jenni, cuz he know that stuff. Maybe it can be something we do together!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

That's awesome! I wish I had the space for one.

http://stronglifts.com/ You can also check out the Strong Lifts app. I tried it a while back and probably would have made better progress if I wasn't overdoing cardio and my deficit. I am seriously ashamed of my dairy on Fatsecret. :/

Hubby wanted the power rack SO badly a couple years ago, so we splurged and got it. I've never actually used it, so maybe it's time I learn. I mean, I stare at it while I ride our stationary bike in the garage, so perhaps I should get a little better acquainted. :tongue:
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

What are some red flags for people?
    The one's I really looked for:

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Pushing for "cuddles" or anything else very quickly.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

What other red flags come to mind?

Not letting me do things for myself e.g. insisting on ordering something for me instead of letting me order what I want and other weird signs of dominance.

Talking about their ex repeatedly in anyway. Glowing terms can be just as bad as negative ones. My ex girlfriend was so good to me she'd drop everything to make me my favorite dinner and then she'd clean up the entire kitchen.

Treating staff where ever you go badly. I think you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat people who're waiting on them.

Calling too much (I had one guy literally calling me over 30 times in one day) or too little (if you haven't heard from them in a month they're not really interested).

I agree with these and the others listed earlier. Good stuff

I would also add

If you are a mom the guy wanting to be insta-dad. I vaguely mentioned my kids in my profile and more than one man in the first email offered to help raise them. No thank you.

The player who is almost seems like relationship material but fails. He comes so close and is charming and good looking and rich. And them you realize he's flakey as heck. And his almost commitments are insincere and then he tells you he's been divorced twice not just once and was with wife #2 while still with wife #1. And then you let him know no more. You will not be going out with him again.

No projects. He is not there to fix or improve you. You are not there to fix or improve him.

You have to like each other as people and be interested in who that person is. That means no projecting. One man kept trying to put words into my mouth about what I liked and what I did for fun.

Where was this advice when I was dating? You should teach a class! All the single ladies, looking for someone, in this thread should start taking notes!!
    Develop your passive aggressive detection radar. (Speaking from experience)

I really agree with how does he treat people who are in the service industry. Kindness and human decency are priorities to me.

How does he treat animals?

BIG red flag - is he always the victim and life is not fair and it is always someone else's fault. RUN!!!

So much these! And describes himself as a nice guy--if you really are, you don't need to advertise it.

For me:

-Religious. Haven't yet met a religious man who didn't try to change me or didn't force the issue of my atheism.
    -Discusses his ex in any capacity too close to the beginning. Asks about your exes.
    -Has hang-ups about purity. More of an issue for you younger girls, but RUN from dudes who are obsessed with knowing about your sexual past or try to make you feel bad for things you've done in the past.
    -Too many sexual jokes before you've had sex.
    -Pressures you to do anything you're uncomfortable with. ANYTHING. This is a red flag because it shows he doesn't really care about your feelings or anything besides what he wants and needs. Potential rapist.
    -Is unwilling to do new things/has a meltdown if plans go awry. I sympathize with this, as I realize it's generally a neurological thing, but I personally can't deal with it. There are many more patient people than me, so if this describes you, ignore me.
    -Bad mouths his mom. I would make an exception for someone I got to know somewhat before discussion of childhoods occurred. But then again, people don't generally bring up their drug-addicted child-beating jailbird moms on the first date.
    -Brings up a mutual female friend several times on the first "date". That one's self-explanatory, right?
    -Wants to stay home and be taken care of. I know there are women in this world for whom a stay-at-home dad is ideal, but I don't ever see myself making the kind of bank it takes for that to happen, yet I keep meeting men like this.
    -Is sexist/defends sexist behavior and media. Same with racist behavior and media. Any man who needs to feel like he's above someone by virtue of his birth is horribly insecure (and probably for good reason, since he ain't worth ####).

I'm currently single and currently not looking. One bad marriage was more than enough.

This is a good list that I'd totally agree with for me. Thankfully I'm married now, but I met a lot of guys with many of these traits while I was dating and it wasn't good.

@orangesmartie, to bake a single cookie, you'll need some liquid eggs (the carton kind, you know - either whites or whole ones depending on how tight your calorie limit is.) Then it's super easy:

Cream 15g butter (or [light] margarine, again, if your limit is tight) and 25g sugar (you can mix with half Splenda if you're into that too) in a bowl, then add 15ml liquid eggs and a splash of vanilla and mix again. Add 20g flour, 3g baking powder (for cakelike cookies) or baking soda (for flatter, chewier cookies), a pinch of salt, and a few chocolate chips (or whatever else you want to throw in there - instead of chocolate chips sometimes I do cinnamon and nutmeg) and mix until just combined, then put it on a pan and bake at 175C for about 8 minutes. You can also take away about 5g of the flour and add 10g cocoa powder if you want double chocolate cookies. So easy.

@kellyjellybellyjelly, I'm not really a big "North-American" pizza person, apart from Spicy Perogy pizza and the occasional slice of donair pizza, but I love most Italian-style thin crust ones. There's a local place that makes incredible pizzas in this style that I'm obsessed with, especially one with fire roasted garlic prawns, fior di latte,
    sriracha pesto, fresh basil, and a lemon squeeze, and another with arugula, prosciutto, fior di latte,
    charred lemon, shaved pecorino. Oh, and I'm also really, really into one from a smallish Canadian chain that has oven-roasted Brussels sprouts, prosciutto crisps, gorgonzola cheese, dates, walnuts, and a drizzle of honey. It's out of control good.

The lion thing, I am disgusted. I'm not opposed to hunting if you're using what you shoot, but I truthfully think there's something wrong in the head with people who enjoy killing for fun/sport. Not going to start a debate on that or anything, but trophy hunters are just not the kind of people I want to spend my time with or people I have anything in common with.

Wouldn't it just be easier to buy a package of pillsbury cookie dough and bake one when wanted?? LOL

I totally agree with every word in your last paragraph!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I can't keep any dessert type snacks in my house like cookies or cake or chocolate because I am incapable of eating them in moderation.

You're not alone. I am banning ice cream, cookies, & other desserts for a long time until I can eat them in moderation.

I have no food in my house. No wine, no snacks, no goodies. I can't eat anything in moderation when its in my house.

Yeah, we saw your fridge.....apparently mints are the only thing you can control yourself around, LMAO!

@Italian_Buju I think the mints were for the horses! Hee hee...

Yep! They are horse treats. I hardly ever eat those mints! But the horses. ...they love them. Whenever I give a horse who had never had one for the first time their eyes light up as soon as they bite it. :)

Do they just swallow them whole? Or do they chew them? I never would have guessed horses would like mints!

They chew them. The first time they try them it takes them a while to figure out how to chew them. They seriously love them.

I need to see this happening......