The Cleanse

Options

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    So every time I have been ill and didn't feel like eating except for a little soup, I have really been doing a cleanse? Wow.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    So every time I have been ill and didn't feel like eating except for a little soup, I have really been doing a cleanse? Wow.

No, that only works for dogs.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Oh, well I'll make sure to let my dog know. I'm pretty sure she likes chicken broth. But she only weighs 11 pounds, so I'm not sure what a cleanse would do for her.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Oh, well I'll make sure to let my dog know. I'm pretty sure she likes chicken broth. But she only weighs 11 pounds, so I'm not sure what a cleanse would do for her.

Well according to the OP a cleanse can be used for weight gain too. Your little doggie will probably turn into a Great Dane on her cleanse.
  • maryelgin1988
    maryelgin1988 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    After reading through this...
    Seriously left me wondering if OP is still going to "cleanse".
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    And here I thought we were joking about detoxing our little canine and feline buddies.

But noooooooo.

Life Gold - Cat Detox
    Detoxify your cat from toxins, and harsh chemicals
    Support for the immune system
    Supports vital systems of detoxification
    Helps to reduce oxidative stress
    Scavenges free radicals
    Supports antioxidant function

I weep for humanity.

Though I could get a laugh out of thinking about anyone would actually survive trying to get the Cat Detox INTO the cat.

LOL
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    lorenswan wrote: »
    I did a cleanse. I felt better. I lost weight. I kept it off.

I have a friend. She did a cleanse. She could finally gain weight and stop looking anorexic.

My grandmother did a cleanse. Discovered certain foods that dont agree with her so she takes a vegetable
    enzyme now.

My dog got sick. The vet suggested a cleanse. (chicken broth for a day). He felt a lot better.

When was the last time I did a cleanse? I dunno five years ago. Why do you guys even care?! lol

[Edited by MFP Mods]

I'm sorry.......did you really put your dog on a cleanse?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I did a cleanse. I felt better. I lost weight. I kept it off.

I have a friend. She did a cleanse. She could finally gain weight and stop looking anorexic.

My grandmother did a cleanse. Discovered certain foods that dont agree with her so she takes a vegetable
    enzyme now.

My dog got sick. The vet suggested a cleanse. (chicken broth for a day). He felt a lot better.

When was the last time I did a cleanse? I dunno five years ago. Why do you guys even care?! lol

[Edited by MFP Mods]

I'm sorry.......did you really put your dog on a cleanse?

If we believe the story, the dog was sick and the vet put it on chicken broth for hydration, like giving a kid pedialyte.
  • kimmiebrito
    kimmiebrito Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Benefits - none.
    How it works - takes your money - makes big promises it can't produce
    Gain the weight back - probably - if you even lose any at all

Waste of time and money. Completely useless. Your body cleanses itself.
    I have watched a couple of documentaries about people who went on the cleanse for about a month. One guy had a disease that he had cured by a juice cleanse, and his doctor informed him that he was in perfect health. You shouldn't really tell someone it's bad for you if you know nothing about it lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,510 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm thinking about doing a cleanse for a few days. What are the benefits? How does that work? And wouldnt I just gain the weight right back?
    Benefits: You get to see how wonderful food really is without it.
    How does it work?: It doesn't. You lose some water weight, but that's it.
    Gain weight back?: Absolutely because all you did was an extreme calorie deficit and deplete the body of glycogen.

The marketing ploy from all these companies that offer this is temporary weight loss that for some reason gets people in a frenzy to spend more money on other products or programs provided by the previous seller of "cleanse" program. The whet your whistle than take your wallet.
    Just to mention NO DIET PROGRAM works without calorie deficit and all that means is just eating less.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Benefits - none.

I have watched a couple of documentaries about people who went on the cleanse for about a month. One guy had a disease that he had cured by a juice cleanse, and his doctor informed him that he was in perfect health. You shouldn't really tell someone it's bad for you if you know nothing about it lol

You know most documentaries are just infomercials in disguise right? Juice isn't curing any diseases.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Benefits - none.

Wow

That's really gullible. Next you'll be telling me Dr Oz is worth watching
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Benefits - none.

I would really love the link to this documentary. Please
  • kimmiebrito
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Fat sick & nearly dead
    Food inc
    Supersize me
    Forks over knives
    The gerson miracle
    You guys need to stop being ignorant, food fuels our body.
    You put *kitten* into it you get *kitten* in return
    You overload your micronutrients -- it'll work wonders.
    That's why you hear of so many people ridding of their diabetes by changing the way they eat.
    And it's not a coincidence that some people who live under the same household, though not related, develop diabetes.
    Your diet is crucial to how your body functions.

• kimmiebrito
    Options
    AND I personally know two people who cured their diabetes using herbalife & the nutribullet. They are both over 40 and never looked better. I know even more people without any diseases who have lost weight using these plans as well.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Fat sick & nearly dead
    Food inc
    Supersize me
    Forks over knives
    The gersom miracle
    You guys need to stop being ignorant, food is fuels our body.
    You put *kitten* into it you get *kitten* in return
    You overload your micronutrients -- it'll work wonders.
    That's why you hear of many people ridding of their diabetes by changing the way they eat.
    Your diet is crucial to how your body functions.
    I hear you but a cleanse is still not needed. Change of some habits is needed