Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I'm going to have to get a police check and medical exam soon to apply for my Canada permanent residency and I am absolutely terrified. Not about the police check, but I KNOW I'm going to have to get a blood test and just knowing that makes me feel woozy and teary. On top of that I read a review of the place I am most likely going that said the woman giving the blood test made everything painful... oh please don't let that be the case for me.

The last time I got a blood test I passed out on the floor and woke up utterly confused and nauseous, wondering if the woman above me was my mom and being scared that I didn't remember anything. Passing out is something I have a great phobia of. :( Blegh blood tests.

Easier said than done, but try not to think about it too much before hand. And if you're prone to passing out, let the techs know ahead of time, you're not the only one who passes out, so I'm sure they'll have a way to help you, or at least move you somewhere safe before it happens.

And hey, usually you get free juice if you feel light headed or dizzy! And any blood they take OBVIOUSLY negates any calories the juice has. :wink:
    peleroja wrote: »
    I'm going to have to get a police check and medical exam soon to apply for my Canada permanent residency and I am absolutely terrified. Not about the police check, but I KNOW I'm going to have to get a blood test and just knowing that makes me feel woozy and teary. On top of that I read a review of the place I am most likely going that said the woman giving the blood test made everything painful... oh please don't let that be the case for me.

The last time I got a blood test I passed out on the floor and woke up utterly confused and nauseous, wondering if the woman above me was my mom and being scared that I didn't remember anything. Passing out is something I have a great phobia of. :( Blegh blood tests.

Make sure you warn the staff, ahead of time if possible. Honestly, most nurses etc. that do a lot of blood tests are very used to people who are afraid of needles and they want to make it as easy as possible on both of you, so if you tell them that you're very frightened, they can make accommodations for you like doing the test in a bed or lounger instead of in a chair, taking extra time, and that kind of thing. They might even make sure that your appointment is with someone who usually works with children or who is known to be especially gentle.

I don't have a fear of needles but I've passed out a couple times after immunizations/bloodwork for unconfirmed reasons, so I now have to warn them beforehand in case and I can honestly say that not one person has been less than awesome about it. Even at the travel health clinic recently, the nurse gave me all my shots while I was lying on the couch to make sure I didn't topple off the chair or whatever and didn't make me feel silly about it at all. Even the pharmacist who gives me my flu shot goes out of his way to make sure I'm comfortable and safe. Don't hesitate to tell them how you feel so they can help you!
    Thanks you guys! I'll definitely warn them in advance. When I got my cap placed in my teeth and they gave me a shot to numb the area I was fine... until I wasn't. The dentist asked me with a very very concerned voice if I was ok, and just hearing him ask that made me start to feel dizzy, so he leaned me back in the chair for around 15 minutes.

Anyone ever do this? Like when your mom asks if you're ok in a very sweet voice, and you just start tearing up and wanting a hug? :lol:

YES!!
    i'm doing fine, holding it in, then someone says in that ever so concerned voice...what's going on? you don't seem ok.
    then bam! floodgates open!!
    I know - what is that?! I've had to say to friends before "Don't be kind, or I'll cry." Everyone always seems to know what that means, and will say something practical and bracing instead.

I'm the same way. Don't tell me you're sorry, or offer me hugs, or anything nice like that. Either ignore it, or make a light joke and let's all carry on. Otherwise I will bawl.

This is exactly how I was when my dog passed two years ago. I had one day of work left before I started my vacation and I knew I could make it through one day if no one was sympathetic.

I came close to losing it when my very sweet coworker neighbour asked me her usual chirpy, "So what did you do last night?" and I had to mumble an offhand, "oh, not much" when it was on the tip of my tongue to say, "Euthanized my dog".

I had the same issue when my dog was euthanized. It was over Thanksgiving weekend, so everyone was asking how Thanksgiving was and I would just mumble "it was fine" because I didn't want to get into it.

I had to euthanize one of mine on a Thanksgiving weekend too. He'd been diagnosed with a grapefruit-sized lung tumour about three weeks prior, steroids weren't helping, and he was deteriorating quickly. So it was like, the vet clinic is going to be closed for three days and he's not going to last for four, better deal with this now.

That was a long time ago, the clinic is open Saturdays and Sundays now.

I have spent far too much time sitting crying in the box of a truck with a crated dog on that last ride.

I had a vet come to the house & it was the best decision I could've made. The vet would've been so stressful for her, and I don't think it would've been safe for me to be driving afterwards.

I'd love to have a vet come to the house, that would be so much more comforting.

I have a friend who has become my Dead Dog Buddy because he always gets roped into helping me bring them to the vet since all of my former dogs have been to heavy for me to lift by myself. He stayed with me for the euthanasia the first time... and he's never been able to stick around for the others, he goes out for a smoke. But at least I don't have to drive, and he always gives me a cigarette... I quit in '99 but I've always had one after the dogs pass. Of course, the SO is always at work when these things happen.

I had one dog die naturally at home, in pain, and I was in hysterics. I'll pick a nice peaceful needle at the vet's over that any day.

That's a very nice friend you've got! I know at home euthanasia isn't always an option, depending on the circumstances, but since my girl had cancer I had a bit of a heads up and was able to make arrangements. That vet was the kindest woman I have ever met, I wish they could all be as compassionate as she was.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I've always stayed. I'm Mama, and I am with them to the end, cuddling them until the vet officially pronounces them "gone".

I also have this weird notion that I have to pretend to be upbeat and cheerful because the dogs have always picked up on my emotions and I don't want them to feel my sadness. Although I guess I've never fooled them.

Will anyone have any sympathy for me if I say that for the first time in my life I'm having trouble keeping weight on?

Since I've bumped up my exercise with the stairs etc and weights, I've been losing weight again, (slowly but still), although I feel like I'm eating so much more. I'm tracking and even going over what should be maintenance but it's still continuing to drop bit by bit. Eating is a chore at this point, which I never thought in a million years would even be possible.

I'm worried that it's rendering the exercise pointless if I'm not building muscle. I don't want to be putting in all this working-out, stair-climbing and strength-training effort for nothing so I'm kind of frustrated. And quite frankly, I don't really want to be any thinner at this point. My clothes are getting too big, there's an inch of empty space in my bra cups, and my rings are super loose.

I have never in my life felt bad for people who claim they can't gain weight (because how hard is it to just eat some more?!) but it turns out that the answer seems to be that it's a lot harder than I thought.

Loads of sympathy here, I'm having much the same issues.

Whereas I liked the idea of losing some BF and getting definition, I didn't want to lose flesh off my chest and face, which is where the loss is the most noticeable.

Last summer I dropped 5 lbs (that I didn't need to lose) because of taking hardcore antibiotics... I digested nothing for two weeks. Right after that I was on vacation and my physical activity increased significantly, plus my eating got a bit erratic just because of weird scheduling, and I only managed to gain 2 lbs back. Dedicated myself to lifting and eating higher protein in January, but it has still taken me a year to return to my normal weight.

I was hoping that building muscle would ADD some weight, not just shrink my boobs.

DON'T SAY THAT!!! :o

LOL, that's about the only good thing about dropping my body fat so low. Losing them makes me positively gleeful, apart from all the extra cup space.

But you have them to lose, I, however, do not.
    No, me neither :(
    I'm starting to see how some women reward themselves for getting to their goal weight, by getting a 'little extra' added!

I didn't know this was a thing. I've thought MANY times about having "some work" done, but I honestly don't think I ever would. I just need to learn to be satisfied with what God gave me and accentuate the positives.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, it's just not for me, I don't think. I might change my mind when I hit 40. Who knows?!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I was disappointed last night. DH and I decided on an impromptu date night (quick Vietnamese dinner followed by new Mission Impossible movie) I ate only one spring roll and wor wonton soup (left the noodles) in anticipation of a treat at the movies, but our film was SOLD OUT! So we went home and I had fruit and yogurt instead and was grumpy. :|

I would have been too.

• ShibaEars
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

:cry:

My brother's girlfriend told me she has never and will never stay with a pet when it is euthanized and... I confess... I lost a lot of respect for her. How you can have a pet for years, say you love it, then walk away right at the end is beyond me. Yes it's hard to stay, but I think if they could pick, they'd prefer to have their favorite person/people there with them.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    So. Much. PAIN. :s

Confession: I spent the better part of this morning crying my eyes out because my back injury hurts so terribly. I haven't slept in two nights because of it, and the OTC medicine we got at the pharmacy is barely tickling it. Walking hurts, sitting hurts, laying hurts, EVERYTHING HURTS.

Right now, between the evil migraine I'm nursing right now and the back injury, I'm in so much pain that I feel nauseated. :'(

I'm SO SO sorry, @Susieq_1994. I hope you can get some sort of relief soon. I'd hug you, but I don't want to hurt you more.

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I've always stayed. I'm Mama, and I am with them to the end, cuddling them until the vet officially pronounces them "gone".

I also have this weird notion that I have to pretend to be upbeat and cheerful because the dogs have always picked up on my emotions and I don't want them to feel my sadness. Although I guess I've never fooled them.

Will anyone have any sympathy for me if I say that for the first time in my life I'm having trouble keeping weight on?

Since I've bumped up my exercise with the stairs etc and weights, I've been losing weight again, (slowly but still), although I feel like I'm eating so much more. I'm tracking and even going over what should be maintenance but it's still continuing to drop bit by bit. Eating is a chore at this point, which I never thought in a million years would even be possible.

I'm worried that it's rendering the exercise pointless if I'm not building muscle. I don't want to be putting in all this working-out, stair-climbing and strength-training effort for nothing so I'm kind of frustrated. And quite frankly, I don't really want to be any thinner at this point. My clothes are getting too big, there's an inch of empty space in my bra cups, and my rings are super loose.

I have never in my life felt bad for people who claim they can't gain weight (because how hard is it to just eat some more?!) but it turns out that the answer seems to be that it's a lot harder than I thought.

Loads of sympathy here, I'm having much the same issues.

Whereas I liked the idea of losing some BF and getting definition, I didn't want to lose flesh off my chest and face, which is where the loss is the most noticeable.

Last summer I dropped 5 lbs (that I didn't need to lose) because of taking hardcore antibiotics... I digested nothing for two weeks. Right after that I was on vacation and my physical activity increased significantly, plus my eating got a bit erratic just because of weird scheduling, and I only managed to gain 2 lbs back. Dedicated myself to lifting and eating higher protein in January, but it has still taken me a year to return to my normal weight.

I was hoping that building muscle would ADD some weight, not just shrink my boobs.

DON'T SAY THAT!!! :o

LOL, that's about the only good thing about dropping my body fat so low. Losing them makes me positively gleeful, apart from all the extra cup space.

But you have them to lose, I, however, do not.
    No, me neither :(
    I'm starting to see how some women reward themselves for getting to their goal weight, by getting a 'little extra' added!

I didn't know this was a thing. I've thought MANY times about having "some work" done, but I honestly don't think I ever would. I just need to learn to be satisfied with what God gave me and accentuate the positives.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, it's just not for me, I don't think. I might change my mind when I hit 40. Who knows?!

I used to think that too, but now I'm pretty sure that, especially if we do decide to have kids, I'm going to get mine hoiked up as far as possible afterward. They're staying put so far but I'm terrified of them ending up around my navel one day :lol: If I'd had to lose a lot of weight and they'd gotten shrunken or saggy I would have fixed them without question.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

Confession: I spent the better part of this morning crying my eyes out because my back injury hurts so terribly. I haven't slept in two nights because of it, and the OTC medicine we got at the pharmacy is barely tickling it. Walking hurts, sitting hurts, laying hurts, EVERYTHING HURTS.

Right now, between the evil migraine I'm nursing right now and the back injury, I'm in so much pain that I feel nauseated. :'(

Sounds like you need an adjusment from a chiropractor. I love mine. He has gotten me out of painful situations a few times. I know some of them are a bunch of hooey, but mine is a great guy, never pushes for more than I need.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I didn't stay with the first pet we ever put down..our cat, Bowie. I thought it would be too hard. I felt guilty every day after that...just imagining him there without his family. :cry: It still makes me so sad, even now as I type it.
    When it was time last summer to put our dog Pacey down, I stayed the entire time until the very last few seconds. I didn't want my last view/memory (whatever you want to call it) of him to be after he passed/stopped breathing. But I held his paw and snuggled him the entire time up until the second before his last breath...and he stared right into my eyes the entire time. (I'm bawling right now typing this)...
    Then just a few months later when our cat Steve had to be put down, I did the same thing.
    It's still so hard to think about...but I feel much better knowing that I was there with them. Just still feel so bad about Bowie. If I could go back, I would. :cry:

I feel the same way. The only cat I didn't stay with I regret to this day. I will admit I did not stay with Oberon. If he had been in pain or suffering I would have but he wasn't and he had people with him ( my trainer and the vet) he knew well and was happily grazing. When a horse is put down they fall to the ground and sometimes twitch, etc. as if they are still alive even thought they are not. I just didn't want that to be my last memory of him. I did go to the barn that morning and say goodbye and feed him treats. I went to the beach and went for a walk by myself til the news came through he was gone.

That would be very hard to see!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, I definitely have ADD, no question. I also had blood drawn to check my thyroid since both my parents have issues, she put me back on the pill, and I go back in 4 weeks to follow up. As far as my back goes, basically I've got to just try to take Tylenol for now and when I go back we're going to look at trying injections. I'm currently on strattera for the ADD, to see if that helps, and once my lab results come back, we'll know what else is going on, or if my thyroid is okay or not. She did mention my weight, and I told her I was doing what I could to try to lose it, but she's also wanting to address that and go other avenues concerning that. She's concerned my weight could be affecting my back too, so I'm guessing if it's not my thyroid, she's going to try something else. She did mention the strattera has a side effect of loss of appetite, which can lead to weight loss. I feel better, but still a little confused.

Btw, anyone familiar with strattera? Lol

Was there something in particular you want to know?

Oops, my bad! Should have been more specific lol. Basically, does it seem to work relatively well, and are there really that many side effects as I've been told there are?
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    So, I definitely have ADD, no question. I also had blood drawn to check my thyroid since both my parents have issues, she put me back on the pill, and I go back in 4 weeks to follow up. As far as my back goes, basically I've got to just try to take Tylenol for now and when I go back we're going to look at trying injections. I'm currently on strattera for the ADD, to see if that helps, and once my lab results come back, we'll know what else is going on, or if my thyroid is okay or not. She did mention my weight, and I told her I was doing what I could to try to lose it, but she's also wanting to address that and go other avenues concerning that. She's concerned my weight could be affecting my back too, so I'm guessing if it's not my thyroid, she's going to try something else. She did mention the strattera has a side effect of loss of appetite, which can lead to weight loss. I feel better, but still a little confused.

Btw, anyone familiar with strattera? Lol

My brother used it for ADHD and, according to my mother, it was a miracle drug. I recall that it was very effective in many of the students in her center who had similar issues as well, and also that it was very, very expensive. That's about all I can remember, because it was a long time ago. I hope it will be helpful for you. :)

Yeah, without insurance it would cost us nearly $400 a month, but luckily my insurance covers it, so we're only looking at $45 a month now. I'm just hoping I don't have to go through a whole bunch of different medications. She wanted to start me on this to see how it works before trying the Ritalin or adderall (or however you spell it).
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    I confess I am sooooo ready for (American) football season. I have changed my profile pic and am currently wearing my Boise State polo at work. I am team mom on my son's team, my hubby is asst coach. We have season tickets to the Boise State games. ARGH!!! Kick off, already!!!!

September 3rd starts USC's (and I don't mean California!) season and I can't wait!!! Hubby is in Charlotte at the Panthers fanfest for his birthday, (he's 26 today!) I'm so ready for football season!!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

I'm so so sorry @Susieq_1994! Praying you find some relief and feel better soon!!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I confess I am sooooo ready for (American) football season. I have changed my profile pic and am currently wearing my Boise State polo at work. I am team mom on my son's team, my hubby is asst coach. We have season tickets to the Boise State games. ARGH!!! Kick off, already!!!!

OMG, @quiksylver296 ME TOO!! C'mon football!!! I am a huge Seahawks fan (have been for my whole life) and hubby is a Denver Bronco fan. I graduated from Oregon State, so we cheer for the Beavs, too. I love watching Boise State football - that blue field, though, freaks out my TV. :smiley:

ETA: I was going to comment on your BSU profile pic - had a note to comment on that and ask if you are an American football fan.. Heh... you answered that!
  • ShibaEars
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I went into Petsmart yesterday, to look for ONE item for my dog. I spent over $100 and walked out with a new betta fish (and supplies for said fish). They didn't have the dog item...

I now have two bettas - I will see if I can post a pic in the batcave later today, this new guy is a really pretty half-moon tail.

Years ago I went a little fish-crazy, and had up to 6 tanks at one time (the largest was about 35 gallons, the others were smaller ones for the individual bettas). I'm hoping once I'm in my own place next year I can get a really big tank set up. (I won't be the crazy cat lady, I'll be the crazy fish lady)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Feel better soon, @Susieq_1994! Hope you find something to help with the pain soon.
  • jthurman3
    Options

Oh no! :cry: I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon.
  • jthurman3
    Options

September 3rd starts USC's (and I don't mean California!) season and I can't wait!!! Hubby is in Charlotte at the Panthers fanfest for his birthday, (he's 26 today!) I'm so ready for football season!!

Woo Hoo! Another football fan! That is a pretty great birthday present for a fan. Fabulous!
  • jthurman3
    Options
    I went into Petsmart yesterday, to look for ONE item for my dog. I spent over $100 and walked out with a new betta fish (and supplies for said fish). They didn't have the dog item...

I now have two bettas - I will see if I can post a pic in the batcave later today, this new guy is a really pretty half-moon tail.

Years ago I went a little fish-crazy, and had up to 6 tanks at one time (the largest was about 35 gallons, the others were smaller ones for the individual bettas). I'm hoping once I'm in my own place next year I can get a really big tank set up. (I won't be the crazy cat lady, I'll be the crazy fish lady)

Hee hee... I've never heard of a crazy fish lady, but you could totally pull that off. But see, if you only have ONE really big tank with a bunch of fish in it, it's less crazy sounding. "What? I have ONE tank. Jeez." "Yeah but you have 45 fish...."
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

That's awful! (Gentle) hugs!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »

Woo Hoo! Another football fan! That is a pretty great birthday present for a fan. Fabulous!

His brother took him for his birthday lol. I get him all to myself tomorrow since that's our anniversary! (Anyone see what I did there? He can't ever forget haha! ;) )