The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    There's nothing like waking up tired and coming downstairs to a barrage of questions about financial planning and a wife that is passive aggressive because you are caught off guard by the questions to start your day off on the wrong foot. Add to that the smoke from the forest fires has gotten so thick that my automatic lights are staying on during the day and that just about frosts it.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Wow. That sounds SUPER annoying. The members of my household know that if they need to approach me about something important as soon as I wake up, to do so with great care.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I should put a sign on my door. "Don't poke the bear!"
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Haha! I always liked that saying!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    So why is it if you light candles in your house your bird dies, but if you have forest fires, there aren't thousands of birds dead all over?
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    This is my last night shift. We sold our house in MD, and I am getting ready to move next week to Mississippi to be with my husband, whose job sent him there in Feb. These last few months have been unbearable, but it's almost over. Of course, it's super busy here in the lab tonight. Good luck to everyone.
  • GabriellaEstrella
    GabriellaEstrella Posts: 1,513 Member
    Options
    IM AT WORK NOW :s
  • paul199madrid
    paul199madrid Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Ughhhhh good ole graveyard *kitten* this should be illegal!!
  • paul199madrid
    paul199madrid Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    What do you do??
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @maddogmanor - Glad you get to go join back up with the hubby. :smile: Don't be a stranger. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    OK, time for bed then back at it again tonight. See all you peeps this weekend. :smile:
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    12 hours left to this shift...
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @sufferlandrian -Sweet dreams! Get some good rest!
    @SongDragon -I got 10 left, but I've already been here 5.

How is everyone's night going?
  • RhodeWarrior401
    RhodeWarrior401 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    life is always good, but the night was somewhat mediocre.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Most of us on here work nights because we prefer it!

• GabriellaEstrella
    GabriellaEstrella Posts: 1,513 Member
    Options

Yes it should!!!
  • RhodeWarrior401
    RhodeWarrior401 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1st shift > 2nd, 3rd shift.
  • jennifer_417
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Ooohh, boy.

Perhaps coming into a thread full of 3rd-shifters who do it because they prefer it and immediately going on about how much it sucks isn't your best way to make friends...just sayin'.
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @jennifer_417 This is a double for me. 16 hours in all, then I return 12 a.m. Sunday. That should be illegal. I'd like some guarantee that if I get hit like that, and my boss does schedule it that way for no other reason than I'm the least squeaky wheel since we're almost fully staffed now, that I get two days in a row somewhere to recover. Even if I request it, It never happens.

At least it's reasonably quiet here now. Helped make meatloaf. And chores. Now most are in bed and I can start routine checking type stuff.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    SongDragon wrote: »
    @jennifer_417 This is a double for me. 16 hours in all, then I return 12 a.m. Sunday. That should be illegal. I'd like some guarantee that if I get hit like that, and my boss does schedule it that way for no other reason than I'm the least squeaky wheel since we're almost fully staffed now, that I get two days in a row somewhere to recover. Even if I request it, It never happens.

At least it's reasonably quiet here now. Helped make meatloaf. And chores. Now most are in bed and I can start routine checking type stuff.

Hmm....maybe you should squeak a little more? That sounds like a real pain, I hate turnarounds!