Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.

Last film I saw in a cinema was...The Other Boleyn Girl, about 10 years ago ! I hate going to the cinema. I'd rather sit in my pajamas, on my comfy sofa, with popcorn and drinks, with the ability to pause for wee breaks.

I love the cinema! At times I go nearly weekly and will occasionally take in a double feature!
    Me too. I don't go as often as you, but I do go probably monthly. We have a great second run cinema near us and I'll happily pay $5 to see pretty much anything there. I also am quite happy to see a movie by myself.

On Tuesdays movies are only $5.20. That is why I mostly go on Tuesdays. There is also a rewards program where you get 100 points for every movie ticket you buy, and 1,000 gets a free movie ticket, so I save them up for when I go on a full price night. The program also gives you a 10% discount on snacks!

There are times I go a month or even two without going cuz I am kinda picky about what movies I see.

I :heart: Scene points :smile:

Me too! And I love that you can collect AND redeem them at Sportchek now!

I didn't know that! This could be dangerous...

Yes, you get a point for every dollar you spend, and then you can redeem each 1000 points for $10 off. Also they have sales like "spend $100 on Nike products and get a bonus 1000 points".
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Oh, well, I'm 47 which probably sounds ancient to you young'uns. I promise it comes around surprisingly quickly. I certainly don't feel old, but I guess the driver's licence says otherwise.

I admit you're technically old enough to be my (teen) mom, but my actual mom is in her 60s and most of my friends are in their later 30s, so you definitely would fall more into "older-sister" than "mom" category :smiley:
    Yay! My own mum was a young mum. She was married at 17, had my sister at 19 and me at 23. I liked having young parents.

Another with younger parents- my dad is 55 and mom is 54, they're still young to me! <3

I am the youngest of 4. My dad is 82. My mother passed away almost 20 years ago. They were both in their 30s when I was born.

This is me.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Oh, well, I'm 47 which probably sounds ancient to you young'uns. I promise it comes around surprisingly quickly. I certainly don't feel old, but I guess the driver's licence says otherwise.

I admit you're technically old enough to be my (teen) mom, but my actual mom is in her 60s and most of my friends are in their later 30s, so you definitely would fall more into "older-sister" than "mom" category :smiley:
    Yay! My own mum was a young mum. She was married at 17, had my sister at 19 and me at 23. I liked having young parents.

Another with younger parents- my dad is 55 and mom is 54, they're still young to me! <3

I am the youngest of 4. My dad is 82. My mother passed away almost 20 years ago. They were both in their 30s when I was born.

This is me. I am the 2nd youngest of 5. My mom was 36 and my dad 37. My mom is 81 and my dad has been gone 26 years.

So, you and I would get along great in real life, as long as it is not American football season. LOL!

Yes, me and football don't mix! :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Its really funny.... I never realized how 'abrupt' my writing is when I am on the phone in this thread. Or maybe its because its been a long day, but I popped back in after getting home from all the stuff I did today, and wrote most of the above at Panera where I stopped for dinner. I may need to start adding more smiley faces or something. I don't sound very friendly! Ooops... Even my sarcasm seems flat. Or maybe I really am just tired! Ok, off to the bat cave, and now that I am on my computer, maybe I can be more eloquent!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 and @riderfangal I hope this wasn't close to you yesterday!!

sdsgjlin95t0.jpg

I don't think it was, my friend on fb was kind of vague except it was Alberta and he was on the yellowhead.
    Not where I was, thank goodness! It rained all day and was quite chilly, but no snow. Today was warm and sunny again - we've had a fabulous summer - so I'm in denial that winter is ever coming.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    My SO left for work today and will be gone for the next 14 days. This has been the routine for as long as I've known him but I never get used to it. *sigh*

Fortunately he took me out for lunch today and I had a nice wholesome veggie omelette, because I have been rather hopeless at feeding myself supper, which has consisted of:

133 grams of cottage cheese (off to a great start)
    a kiwi (going along well)
    about a tablespoon of leftover wild blueberries (still okay)
    about a quarter of a tube of leftover cheddar Pringles (going downhill rapidly)
    half a toffee KitKat bar (aargghhhhhh!)

I might have to officially call this Eat Like a Kid Day. Actually, until I got to the KitKat, it was all leftovers... there's some merit in using those up, right?

Think I'll poach myself a couple of eggs so my protein isn't abysmally low, and maybe feel like a grown-up again.

What does your SO do that he leaves for 2 weeks?

He works in an underground gold mine... 14 straight 12-hour shifts. Two weeks in and two weeks out. And he does steady days or nights on each rotation, currently on days.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My SO left for work today and will be gone for the next 14 days. This has been the routine for as long as I've known him but I never get used to it. *sigh*

Fortunately he took me out for lunch today and I had a nice wholesome veggie omelette, because I have been rather hopeless at feeding myself supper, which has consisted of:

I might have to officially call this Eat Like a Kid Day. Actually, until I got to the KitKat, it was all leftovers... there's some merit in using those up, right?

Think I'll poach myself a couple of eggs so my protein isn't abysmally low, and maybe feel like a grown-up again.

He works in an underground gold mine... 14 straight 12-hour shifts. Two weeks in and two weeks out. And he does steady days or nights on each rotation, currently on days.

Wow. Is that as dangerous as coal? And I can't imagine doing 2 weeks on/2 weeks off, why do they do it that way?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    So, an awesome surprise arrived in the mail today from @FroggyBug today. I'm feeling so much love. just want to go on record and say that even though I can't post all the time I'm always reading and rooting for you guys and sending out good vibes and wishing all the best things for everyone here. *grouphug*
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    So, an awesome surprise arrived in the mail today from @FroggyBug today. I'm feeling so much love. just want to go on record and say that even though I can't post all the time I'm always reading and rooting for you guys and sending out good vibes and wishing all the best things for everyone here. *grouphug*

+1 to the bolded.

You were NOT alone in the @FroggyBug love today! Made my lack of sleep for my shift tonight totally doable and I'm kinda looking forward to shopping with my dad tomorrow morning! It's amazing how something that seems so small could totally make someone's day. Thank you @FroggyBug!

My dad has actually joined MFP and has logged 50 days straight today and has lost 11 pounds so far!
    He's kinda peeved that he hasn't lost some in a little while, but I told him to keep at it and he might get a whoosh. I'm also working on getting him to use the food scale a bit more. Although he's pretty good at eyeballing, I want him to get in the habit of being as accurate as possible. He only has 80 more pounds until his goal.

He mentioned one day, in a kind of melancholy tone, that he's never eaten at a Red Lobster and I told him when he hit 250, I would take him. Totally my treat and he could order anything that he wants (I'm already saving for this as of two weeks ago). I'm already planning on us ordering multiple entrees each and him trying a little of everything.

My mother has downloaded the app on her phone but hasn't actually used it yet. She says that entering calories is 'too hard' I told her she has the time and it really is almost nothing once you get in the habit. She comes back on Friday the 28th so hopefully she can jump on the wagon too.

I am 26 years old, and my mother and father are 56 and 63, respectively. My mother will turn 57 this December!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Confession: My new profile pic was taken as SOON as I woke up tonight and it is my 'I totally do NOT want to workout today' face.

Probably one of my most 'authentic' photos.
    There is also one of me from Christmas when I was 17, when I opened a gift, and it was my first rifle. The sheer joy on my goofy little face is so real. I think it looks horrible but it was my ex-husbands favorite photo of me.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Hopefully one breakfast is enough!

I find that I'm not hungry while drinking, but the next day I want all the things!

I went out of town to an archery tournament once, went out for bacon and eggs with the guys I was staying with, came back to the hotel and went out for French toast with another group.

I tend to want to eat like mad WHILE I'm drinking. Bacon, eggs, cheese(loads of cheese), burgers, fries, cheese sticks, sausage, pancakes, waffles, biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns, potato wedges, boneless buffalo wings(usually too inebriated to eat traditional), fried pickles, macaroni and cheese, and chicken alfredo.

These are things I have craved/eaten like a starving person while drinking.

This is more me. When I drink too much restraint disappears. It usually means a trip there burger King for a big fish meal. And ice cream. Often after having had dinner. This is why I try not to drunk much anymore.

This post is funny. I sound drunk. I was trying to graze my horse and post.

Trip TO Burger King.
    Try not to DRINK much anymore. ;)

Haha! When I read this last night, I was wondering... Thanks for clearing it up! :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I must admit, I'm a little sad. I seem to be the only one who didn't receive a little bit of of love in their mailbox. :(
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I got absolutely paralytically vomit inducing drunk last night. Now I want a fry up and full fat coke

You should have made yourself throw up. You'd feel better today. ;)

I was very sick, then passed out
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Oh gosh - forgot to say @Tubbs216 - You must be so proud of your oldest for going through with such a grown up interview! I hope he gets the job.

Great news that your daughter's tests came back normal! Excellent!

I must admit that the name "clotted cream" makes me gag. I have this horrible aversion to milk specifically because it gets all clumpy and sooooo groooosssss when it starts to spoil. So "clotted cream" translates into "rotten nasty milk" for me.

The worst part is that I've never actually tried clotted cream, as it's not a thing here in the US. I bet I'd LOVE it if I tried it elsewhere AND if they didn't tell me that's what I was eating. Just call it... ummm... buttery pudding... or sweetened cream.... or... well, anything but "clotted". Hee hee

I wish I could send you all some clotted cream

I have never had a desire for clotted cream. ..sounded disgusting. When I am in London next year I now vow to try it.

Oh yes you will! If I can persuade you down to Devon for s couple of days, I will take you for the best cream tea ever at ny favourite café on the cliffs.
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Oh gosh - forgot to say @Tubbs216 - You must be so proud of your oldest for going through with such a grown up interview! I hope he gets the job.

Great news that your daughter's tests came back normal! Excellent!

I must admit that the name "clotted cream" makes me gag. I have this horrible aversion to milk specifically because it gets all clumpy and sooooo groooosssss when it starts to spoil. So "clotted cream" translates into "rotten nasty milk" for me.

The worst part is that I've never actually tried clotted cream, as it's not a thing here in the US. I bet I'd LOVE it if I tried it elsewhere AND if they didn't tell me that's what I was eating. Just call it... ummm... buttery pudding... or sweetened cream.... or... well, anything but "clotted". Hee hee

I wish I could send you all some clotted cream

I have never had a desire for clotted cream. ..sounded disgusting. When I am in London next year I now vow to try it.
    Do it in style!
    http://www.theritzlondon.com/palm-court/

Mrs Smartie's company does the water testing and treatment and ductwork there. We're not eating there ;)
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    kgn5uf97w44o.jpg

I saw this and thought of this thread
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    SL 5x5 update. We did day 5 yesterday. I squatted 70 lbs., benched 55 lbs. (pretty easily), and rowed 55 lbs.
    Mr. Mo failed on his fifth rep of his 5th set of bench. He was pretty down about it, but I told him not to worry and just try again next time. Truth be told, he pushed himself too far too fast instead of following the program. I think he's getting pretty serious about us getting a power rack (or something) for the basement. He spent a considerably amount of time checking them out online last night.

I ate steak twice yesterday, and STILL didn't hit my protein goal. Not sure what was up with that, but the rest of my numbers looked AWESOME!!!

I am going to be really busy the rest of the day, so won't have much time to chat, but I hope you all have a wonderful Friday Eve!

Great progress on Stronglifts! Tell your husband he's still kicking butt since he did well on the rest of the sets. What is your protein goal set at?

Yah, I'm curious about this too. I'm currently eating 170g plus of Protein, so I may be able to give some tips on this one.

How in the world do you eat this much a day?! What am I doing wrong that I struggle, and I mean STRUGGLE getting a little over 100 grams a day!

ETA words, because words make sentences. Sheesh!

I have to be honest I pay no attention to any of this. I eat my 1200 calories. I try not to get yelled at by MFP for too much sugar (clif bars and M&Ms have alot of sugar! ) other than that nope. Way too much work.

The only thing I try not to hit too much of is Fiber & the reason I say that is a few days last week I hit around 60-70 grams & I am thinking that's one of the reasons I was constipated for around 3-5 days.

The other reason would be that I wasn't drinking enough water to keep up with the high fiber.

The only macros I try to hit a decent amount on is Fiber (again not too much LOL) & protein since it keeps me fuller longer & less crabby/stabby.

I'm also trying to watch my sodium levels a little, but won't have a heart attack if I go over by a thousand.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird remember our little discussion yesterday?

Guess who went out and had 10 beers, then had a couple more drinks when they got home? At least I remembered to eat before I went to bed - eggos and cheese.

Not feeling too bad today - a little dry. I'm down 1.8 lbs from yesterday, which I'm not recording.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

In Oman, that means he works in the oil fields out in the middle of the desert. In Canada... No idea. :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I must admit, I'm a little sad. I seem to be the only one who didn't receive a little bit of of love in their mailbox. :(

Neither did I. :) But that's because my mailbox is too far away. Surely yours will arrive soon!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Neither did I. :) But that's because my mailbox is too far away. Surely yours will arrive soon!

I didn't get mine yet either. We don't get mail on Saturdays in Canada anymore.

I don't think I'll get mine until later this week, international mail always seems to take longer.