The meanest thing anyone has ever said.....

Options

Replies

• stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    As you can see from all these responses - this is a very supportive group. Just remember that no matter what he said - YOU are the better person. And for realizing you need to do this for yourself. Let the journey begin. :flowerforyou:
  • Iwalkbyfaith
    Options
    Girl, there are men out there that will Love Love Love you at any size. Move on and get ready to have a fantastic new life. Big or little, attitude is a powerful thing. Surround yourself with people that build you up and make you feel like the superwoman you are. Do this for yourself and you will find the better you feel, the better your attitude, and that really shines to the world, and will draw people to you. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I'd love to be your cheerleader.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    My daughter's father said the same thing to me, of course he waited until I was 3 months pregnant and in a horrible place mentally. It really did a number on me and given how emotionally fragile I was with the pregnancy and other issues at the time.....I stuck around....

I shouldn't have....I should have left that day. Both my daughter and I would have been so far ahead for it. But I ldid leave him 5 years ago and I've never looked back. Best thing I ever did.

Most guys who say that are unconsciously trying to "break you down" because THEIR self esteem is so low they can't conceive of keeping a woman without "trapping' her with emotional blackmail.

You did good by leaving him and you are worth it.

Bravo.
  • erny936
    erny936 Posts: 1
    Options
    Well, you've already lost weight by getting rid of that looser!!!
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Today I start my diet. Just like everyone else here....I hope we are successful and make goals. I'm here because my boyfriend last week said to me. I would not marry you at the size you are now. But I know you COULD BE beautiful. Then he said....Let's get real....You can get anyone to "screw you"....but no one will marry you, cause your fat. Well he is now blocked from my phone and I'm not doing this for him. I'm doing this for ME. I don't have tons of friends so I'm looking forward to this website because I know people will understand the struggles that I am facing. I am definately a person who "eats for what's eating me". But I hope by the posts I read from others it keeps me motivated. So good luck to everyone and stay POSITIVE!!!! Pam

I just read the first page of this, so I apologize if someone else has already said this but:

Sounds like you've already lost the most important ~200lbs. Keep up the good work. :D
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    im shocked that someone you love can say such a thing, what an utter c*ckhead, lady you are beautiful and NO one is worthy of having your love having spoken to you in that way...simply cruel, well done precious for joiing this site because it is full of wonderful people to support you on your journey, best of luck x
  • DerGraf
    DerGraf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    "I can't picture you in my life ever again."

... said to me by my NOW wife. What an idiot!

lol
  • Nico0211
    Nico0211 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Lots of people will be here to encourage you on this journey... YOU CAN DO IT!!! sending you my request!

WELCOME to myfitnesspal !!!

:)
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    wow that's harsh. I had someone say something similar to me. Jerks. Funny thing is when I told my man friend that I am seeing now that I was losing weight his response was "why?" He is one of the few men that I have known who was interested in me where I was at.

Good luck to you in your journey!
  • tavamynt
    tavamynt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are going to drop 200lbs right away---of that ignorant loser! Please don't ever get back with him either no matter what!
  • jen_42
    jen_42 Posts: 26
    Options
    My partner says some things about certain parts of my body..which makes me hate myself..but you know its not about my weight..this is about loving me..losing weight for me...its about building ur self esteem up and self love..you need to think thats its 'his loss' and that theres someone worthy to be will you..no matter what weight you are..hes done you a massive favour..even tho it hurts like hell..i know that i can lose weight being on this site with other people in the same boat as me and has had the same struggles as i have had..good luck !! add me if you want.. :wink:
  • Peter29
    Peter29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No one deserves that and I'm sorry that he hurt you. I truly believe everything happens for a reason and while he may have hurt your feelings, his words helped you to join this site and start taking care of yourself. I truly believe that people can be beautiful at any size, but the real important issue is getting healthy to live life to its fullest and to have a long life. The best thing you are doing is doing this for yourself. You can also take comfort in knowing that you can change your life, leave him behind and before you know it you will find the person you were truly meant to be with. If he treats all women like he has treated you, he is bound to be alone. And always remember, when someone says mean things to you they are only saying it because they are unhappy with themselves and have to bring someone else down to make themselves feel better. Best of luck to you, you've joined the right site.
  • twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    First off, I'm truly sorry about the situation and hope he gets some sense. Secondly, add me! I could use a few friends myself.
  • jenn7841
    jenn7841 Posts: 2
    Options
    Dropping him is the best weight loss there is. My husband (soon to be ex) told me after I started taking my depression medication that caused me to gain some weight, that if I got fat (which he said i was) he would leave me, he would just sleep with someone else. It has taken me a while to finaly push my Loser aside and be me again. Mean people just bring us down and thats not something we need in our lives. I just started this site on tuesday and I'm looking foward to reaching my goals. More importantly, I'm just ready to be me again. If you ever need any support of just someone to chat with, please feel free to add me as a friend and post on my wall. I know I can use all the support I can get. On top of trying to drop a little weight, I'm quiting smoking, which is sooo hard for me right now.
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    What a b*****d!! Im so glad you got rid of him. You defiantly deserve better then that!
  • Morgan75243
    Options
    Pam,

Congrats! for taking the first step to "Marrying" yourself. Love for self is the first love. It 's not going to be easy breaking those old habits, but it will be worth it in the long run. Know that you're not alone and help is available to help you succeed... Tonya

Completely agree!!!

You have made a wonderful decision to improve your health! Just don't forget that beauty is from within, but your weight loss and fitness improvements are for a longer life and improved health!

You can do it!!!
  • Butterflynma
    Butterflynma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Jealousy and insecurity comes in many shapes and sizes. Good luck to you on your journey.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    What an as__h__le!!!! Hope you don't let him get in your head!! Always tell yourself that u are beautiful. I'm sure you will meet somene who will always love u not matter what u look like. That is true love!!
    Good luck on your journey!!!
  • teresah37
    teresah37 Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow!!!! I am glad you dumped that piece of trash. You can do it!!! You will have good days and bad, but when your feeling unmotivated and don't feel like working out, just remember how his awful words made you feel and get up and get your self on track.

Don't get mad, get even girl!!
  • ArtHarlot
    ArtHarlot Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow Pam, all I can say is wow. What an *kitten*! He certainly doesn't deserver you. I'm glad you dropped him. Don't look back sister. Just look forward and know that you are a worthy person who should never take anything like that to heart. It came from his evil side....let it go and move on. Obviously, he's the one with the problem. Good luck with your weight loss and hopefully, it' won't be a diet, but a lifestyle change. keep in touch!

Emily