The meanest thing anyone has ever said.....

Options

Replies

• evenidomhnaill
    Options
    What a tosser! I am so glad you are strong enough to kick his behind to the curb and if you put half that strength into your weight loss you will be slim in no time. I am so shocked at what he said to you. I have gone up 3 or 4 dress sizes since having my 2 children an if my husband ever said anything mildly like that I would kick him out! You need people in your life that love and support you no matter what. I'm not saying if my husband mentioned i put on a little weight I would go mental as I know he loves me for me and would just say something if he is concerned but omg what you bf said to you was petty , hurtful and way out of line. You will meet some one to love you for you and I pity the girl who gets stuck with him. Good luck with you weight loss journey
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Ok so this is Random, but I just posted a reply here, but was wondering if my ticker is showing up. I did what it said but all I see is jibberish words.....:laugh:

Nope, getting the code instead of a ticker image
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    So glad you got rid of that W*nker! :angry:

The meanest thing (that i can remember) that someone said to me was when i got on the underground and went to sit down in a seat next to some bloke who was sitting there with his legs really wide open. When i looked at him as if to say "can you move your legs please" he just said "no i'm not moving my legs - i dont want to get squashed". I could have died of embarrassment!! I was soooo humiliated! I held it together in front of him tho and some other bloke who heard him called him a tosser or such other expletive. When i got to work i went to the toilet and just burst into tears!!

Will never forget that. Cheers "mate", you really helped my self esteem/motivation. NOT!! :angry:
  • CarlaCR66
    CarlaCR66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Glad you got rid of him and glad to see you here at MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • Nen83
    Nen83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thats awful, please get rid of that man! and welcome :D
  • Jormesher
    Jormesher Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You probably just lost at least 150 pounds by getting rid of him!

We need a tracker to show "dead weight" loss! (Bad boyfriends, naggings thoughts, friends who don't believe in us) :happy:
  • ronny23
    ronny23 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hey! can you be my friend?:) I admire the courage you are having for leaving that human being who doesn't even love himself...cuz he's basing how he values people just on the outer appearance... Sad for him.. Isn't it? And great for u for not being married to someone like that! Yay!
    See ya beautiful lady:)
  • DanaBravo
    DanaBravo Posts: 5
    Options
    I am not going to be one of those women who say her husband/boyfriend "loves" her just the way she is, because that is not true. I am going to say that you are better off without a man who says mean things to you. A partner should be there to help and support, not demoralize you by being hurtful. Good luck to you and stay stong!
  • TIFFYBABY83
    Options
    That makes me so angry, so Happy you dropped that loser , sending you a request :)
  • stevenst
    stevenst Posts: 1
    Options
    screw him!!! My hubby has said insensitive things to me as well and I always let him know that those things don't help anything, but anyway glad your here and I'm back up at my heaviest so I need to make sure I keep logging on to keep me honest, I don't even realize how much I'm ingesting some days, which is why I do best when I'm counting and keeping track, lets face it being thin for some of us requires a consious effort, I hate it but it's true unfortunately, so lets see what we can accomplish!
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You can always lose weight. He on the other hand has a much bigger battle becoming a decent human being.
    You ARE beautiful by the way. And not just in the self-help book everyone is beautiful kind of way. This dude is not even worth your breath let alone your revenge. Write him off and move on.
  • Saragre
    Saragre Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    He just cheated himself with those words. Good for you for believing in yourself and not him. You are already a success for being strong enough to come here. I wish him luck in his own life, he's gonna need it.
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    holy moly, the nerve of some people...good for you for doing it for you, you are the only one who really matters! Good luck and you can always lean on your MFP buddies here!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! And congratulations on two things: 1. ridding yourself of a poisonous 'boyfriend' and 2. taking the first step to a healthier you.
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    I am not going to be one of those women who say her husband/boyfriend "loves" her just the way she is, because that is not true.

This is true.

Physical attraction is important in relationships, as a relationship without it is going to be incomplete. This is just true. Some people dont like blondes, some people like small boobs, or big ones, or ...well, you get the point. Physical attraction is what leads to relationships most of the time. Emotional attachments can lead to physical attraction, sure...but not always. Particularly when you are talking about men. Lets be honest, men are wired to be attracted physically ... women not so much, but men are. They are attracted to different physical traits sure, but its still the way we work most of the time.

So in a strange way, what he said to her was honest. Brutal, maybe, sure...but honest. It's not so much what he was telling her that was bad as it is the manner in which he told it. I mean, at least he was honest about his feelings now...which allows her to make her decision accordingly (i.e., she either wants to be in a relationship where her physical appearance is of utmost importance, or she doesnt).

Alot of us are seriously overweight...I know I am. I'm basically losing weight for two reasons: 1) my health. My dad died at 48 from a heart attack largely related to his weight and smoking. I quit smoking 2 years ago, now I'm working on the weight before I'm 40. 2) My wife. She's very supportive of me and we have a good relationship, but I dont want to become (actually, remain) some big fat slob...that's just not really what she signed on for when we got married 11 years ago. Its not something she has ever mentioned to me, or ever would, but that doesnt mean I dont want her to be happy and want to do all I can to help ensure she is so....and again, physical attraction plays a role (those of you saying it doesnt matter are fooling yourselves: it most certainly DOES matter). There are other reasons, sure, but those are the two main ones far over and above anything else.
  • LyssaMarie13
    Options
    Wow what a terrible person.... He is obviously so insecure with himself that he needs to put you down. People like that just seem to confuse me. If he cared about you and had your best interest in heart he would sit you down and say that he'll love you no matter what. If he was genuinely worried about your weight for health reasons I could see somebody saying I care about your health and I want you in my life for a very long time... Lets do this together and better our lives together. It needs to come from a loving place not a hateful place. My mom nicely told me that she noticed I had put on a couple pounds and she knows how important staying in shape is to me. I could tell that it was coming from a loving place and it was not mean at all! But goodness! He basically said nobody will love you which is the worst thing in the world! Everybody deserves to be loved no matter what size and I truly believe that! Thank goodness you got rid of him. You can do so much better!!! Sorry about my rant. This just really struck a nerve with me... I know what it's liked to be bullied because of weight. And he is a big bully! He needs to grow up and work on himself!
  • Behavioral
    Behavioral Posts: 60
    Options
    What a complete F****** idiot! I'm so sorry you had to suffer through him. Hopefully, you've come out the other side stronger. Friend me if you need support. I'm there for ya darlin!
  • deirdre035
    deirdre035 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WOW, what a total TOOL! Kicking him to the crub is the first step.

Just think you have already lost between 150 and 200 pounds!

GOOD LUCK!
  • brittanydittman
    Options
    OMG id be livid!!! I cant believe your own boyfriend said that... goes to show how men think tho unfourtunatly!!! Good luck with your weight loss dear! feel free to add me as a friend!! :flowerforyou:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    That's mean, but I doubt it is the meanest thing anyone has ever said.