Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

Mmm wow didn't know those existed!!

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Yes, yes... 1000 times yes.

The only good thing about fall: it's Pumpkin Season.

Blasphemy! I love fall. I can't wait for jacket weather.

ETA: It occurs to me that Canadian fall is probably not what I'd like fall to be. I'll just be over here with my apple cider...

Yep- separated at birth.

I am a fall/winter person. I like sweaters, tights, high boots, etc. I do not like summer clothes. I am always glad when fall hits.
    I'm a bit like this too, so I live in the right place. The novelty has worn off by March though, unlike the cold weather!
    But we're going to his 26C today, so I'll make the most of bare ankles!

Same! I'm going to enjoy the next couple warm days because there is a chance it could snow a bit Monday evening into Tuesday :cry: I know it won't stay long, but it's never fun to see this early.
    Did you guys get 'Snowtember' last year? We lost thousands of trees here this time last year with a heavy, wet snowstorm while all the leaves were still on the trees. The weight just peeled off branches like banana skins - it was crazy.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    All this talk of pumpkin has my creative side wondering if you could make pumpkin cookies like the peanut butter ones talked about so much. maybe pumpkin, egg, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice? I might have to try it.

You can mix a can of pumpkin (not the pie mix) with a box of spice cake mix and make cookies out of them. They are very dense and best kept in the fridge after you bake them. Mine usuall don't last that long. I think it is 350 on the oven for about 8 minutes. They are very soft.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Blasphemy! I love fall. I can't wait for jacket weather.

ETA: It occurs to me that Canadian fall is probably not what I'd like fall to be. I'll just be over here with my apple cider...

Yep- separated at birth.

I am a fall/winter person. I like sweaters, tights, high boots, etc. I do not like summer clothes. I am always glad when fall hits.
    I'm a bit like this too, so I live in the right place. The novelty has worn off by March though, unlike the cold weather!
    But we're going to his 26C today, so I'll make the most of bare ankles!

Same! I'm going to enjoy the next couple warm days because there is a chance it could snow a bit Monday evening into Tuesday :cry: I know it won't stay long, but it's never fun to see this early.
    Did you guys get 'Snowtember' last year? We lost thousands of trees here this time last year with a heavy, wet snowstorm while all the leaves were still on the trees. The weight just peeled off branches like banana skins - it was crazy.

I don't think it was that bad, but we definitely got some at the beginning of September.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

I love it!!

I've already bought some Pumpkin foods B).

Pumpkin Fiber One bar (pretty good for 90 calories), Chobani Pumpkin Spice (awful for 130 calories), & Dannon Pumpkin yogurt (170 calories & really good).

I had my first Pumpkin Chai latte of the season yesterday....MMmmmmm!

@KylerJaye and @kecmw25 - BLASPHEMY!

No judgment, remember. Besides.... More Pumpkin for me!!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    All this talk of pumpkin has my creative side wondering if you could make pumpkin cookies like the peanut butter ones talked about so much. maybe pumpkin, egg, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice? I might have to try it.

I think I would add a little cornstarch or xanthan gum as pumpkin is thinner than peanut butter and I think the cookie would crumble when you pick it up.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It's 9/11 and there have been rumors of possible attacks at schools here today. I sent my kids to school because a) I think the rumors were started by kids who hoped our superintendent would close schools "out of an abundance of caution" and b) there's an international chemical company headquartered here as well as a good sized military munitions plant (think mortars, surface to air missiles, and air to air missiles). I'm thinking those would make better targets and it won't matter where my kids are if either of those is hit.

The superintendent knows our football team is playing Sevier County tonight. Google Dollywood if you want to know where the kids would rather be than school.

Anyway, I have a coworker who asked me if I sent them to school. "Of course, I sent my kids to school. Keeping them home would be letting fear win. I never let fear win." (which is why the same coworker calls for me every time she sees a spider)

YES! I never let fear win!

A woman was murdered on some of the country roads I used to run on in my old hometown. It was a random occurrence. The guy who did it was suffering from some sort of mental breakdown after a huge fight with his family. Friends, family, and random people at work were all telling me to quit running when it happened. Nope. Fear doesn't win. I can't live my life that way.

If we let fear win, nobody would do anything or go anywhere and no, that is no way to live!

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I hope nothing comes of those rumours and it was just some kids playing an awful prank.

Thanks for your concern. High school dismissed at 2:45. Nothing happened, except the school nurse thinks son 2 may have bronchitis. He didn't have a fever, so he stayed, but a trip to urgent care is in his future.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    On July 1 my doctor said that my labs were a huge concern
    A1c was 6.4 which meant my average blood sugar was 130 (one point away from being a diabetic)
    Triglycerides were156 norm was <150
    Cholesterol was 248 norm 125-200
    HDL 51 norm >46
    LDL 166 norm <130
    Ratio 4.9 norm<5

With these labs I was headed for some serious long-term morbidity. And high chance of a heart attacks in the future if I continued down this path. He had prescribed metformin but some how there was a mix-up between his pharmacy and his office and when I called his office they stated that it was not ordered.

He explained that I could change this with changes in my diet and exercise.
    When I complained my legs hurt all the time his answer was, “You don’t have to do a lot just start moving some. Then add exercises as you can.

After a search of food diaries on July 4 I started with MFP I started with an average of 6621 steps a day felt exhausted and slept a lot. Last week my average was 10442

I started just logging what I ate making sure it was under my calorie goals but making sure I ate my protein goals. I continued to eat what I wanted. I have not been hungry or did I feel deprived. On average my splits were 40% carb 30%protein, and 30% fat

Today at my follow up visit my doctor came into my room almost giddy and said, “You are batting 1000”

A1c 5.5 normal range
    Triglycerides 81
    Cholesterol 189
    HDL 54
    LDL 119
    Ratio 3.5

And 31 lbs lost
    I was able to where a pair of shorts and shirt that I have not worn for several years.

Life style change and exercise works!

I don't think I have ever been excited about being called normal before.

That is Excellent!!! I am happy for and proud of you!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a LOT of pages to catch up on, so maybe somebody has already mentioned it. Registration for the Country Music Marathon opens NEXT WEEK!! Whee!

Ooh I have been checking! I signed up for alerts but nothing yet. I will be registering. What day day does it open?? Sooooo excited!

I was thinking it's probably insane there during this time. Should we buy Grand Ole Opry tickets now???

I got an email this morning. It says it opens on 9/16.

Hmm. Yeah, maybe we should look at the Opry now. I don't know if you realize it, but ticket scalping is legal in Tennessee. It can be tough to get tickets for any show for that reason.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I have no hope of catching up. I have been watching my food intake, but I confess that I had no motivation to do any upper body stuff for the last two weeks as my ankle has been healing. I did nothing except walk my kids to school. I've gone out for longer walks twice this week though. Back at it!

I just pinned a recipe for baked pumpkin donuts. I am going to try it very soon.

I missed so much. I hope everyone is doing well.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    It's 9/11 and there have been rumors of possible attacks at schools here today. I sent my kids to school because a) I think the rumors were started by kids who hoped our superintendent would close schools "out of an abundance of caution" and b) there's an international chemical company headquartered here as well as a good sized military munitions plant (think mortars, surface to air missiles, and air to air missiles). I'm thinking those would make better targets and it won't matter where my kids are if either of those is hit.

The superintendent knows our football team is playing Sevier County tonight. Google Dollywood if you want to know where the kids would rather be than school.

Anyway, I have a coworker who asked me if I sent them to school. "Of course, I sent my kids to school. Keeping them home would be letting fear win. I never let fear win." (which is why the same coworker calls for me every time she sees a spider)

I hope nothing comes of those rumors, regardless of what the possible targets may be. Also, this reminds me: ISIS have blown up so many of our mosques here in Saudi Arabia (and other Gulf countries like Kuwait) that my husband told me there were police at the door today when he went to attend the Friday prayer at the local mosque.

All of this is terrible. Having personally been in NY during 9/11 this day always affect me. I certainly didn't love booking my flight for today. But you can't let fear rule you. Ever.

So true!

I am a lot more affected by today then I thought I would be. I was on my way to work and our city was putting a row of flags out, I got seriously choked up.

Good luck this weekend @pofoster21 !!! to @m1xm0d3 as well :)

My boss and I were discussing where we were when it all happened and we both started tearing up, it's emotional that's for sure, just thinking of all those innocent people, so awful. Getting choked up again...:(
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I have no hope of catching up. I have been watching my food intake, but I confess that I had no motivation to do any upper body stuff for the last two weeks as my ankle has been healing. I did nothing except walk my kids to school. I've gone out for longer walks twice this week though. Back at it!

I just pinned a recipe for baked pumpkin donuts. I am going to try it very soon.

WE missed you!! Hope your ankle has been feeling better, glad you've been taking care of you though!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

I hope nothing comes of those rumors, regardless of what the possible targets may be. Also, this reminds me: ISIS have blown up so many of our mosques here in Saudi Arabia (and other Gulf countries like Kuwait) that my husband told me there were police at the door today when he went to attend the Friday prayer at the local mosque.

All of this is terrible. Having personally been in NY during 9/11 this day always affect me. I certainly didn't love booking my flight for today. But you can't let fear rule you. Ever.

So true!

I am a lot more affected by today then I thought I would be. I was on my way to work and our city was putting a row of flags out, I got seriously choked up.

My boss and I were discussing where we were when it all happened and we both started tearing up, it's emotional that's for sure, just thinking of all those innocent people, so awful. Getting choked up again...:(

I was here at work when it happened. It was so unreal. I remember calling my grandpa later that night because I just didn't understand.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

So true!

I'm not American but I remember that day too. I didn't hear about it until I got to school (I'd just started grade 12). When I went home at lunch I put the news on. They were replaying the towers collapsing and I just cried. I still tear up too :cry:
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I'm glad you are back, I'm new here and looking forward to getting to know you
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Welcome back!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Well, I have a LOT of pages to catch up on, so maybe somebody has already mentioned it. Registration for the Country Music Marathon opens NEXT WEEK!! Whee!

Ooh I have been checking! I signed up for alerts but nothing yet. I will be registering. What day day does it open?? Sooooo excited!

I was thinking it's probably insane there during this time. Should we buy Grand Ole Opry tickets now???

I got an email this morning. It says it opens on 9/16.

Hmm. Yeah, maybe we should look at the Opry now. I don't know if you realize it, but ticket scalping is legal in Tennessee. It can be tough to get tickets for any show for that reason.

Ok we need to start looking into this.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    On July 1 my doctor said that my labs were a huge concern
    A1c was 6.4 which meant my average blood sugar was 130 (one point away from being a diabetic)
    Triglycerides were156 norm was <150
    Cholesterol was 248 norm 125-200
    HDL 51 norm >46
    LDL 166 norm <130
    Ratio 4.9 norm<5

With these labs I was headed for some serious long-term morbidity. And high chance of a heart attacks in the future if I continued down this path. He had prescribed metformin but some how there was a mix-up between his pharmacy and his office and when I called his office they stated that it was not ordered.

He explained that I could change this with changes in my diet and exercise.
    When I complained my legs hurt all the time his answer was, “You don’t have to do a lot just start moving some. Then add exercises as you can.

After a search of food diaries on July 4 I started with MFP I started with an average of 6621 steps a day felt exhausted and slept a lot. Last week my average was 10442

I started just logging what I ate making sure it was under my calorie goals but making sure I ate my protein goals. I continued to eat what I wanted. I have not been hungry or did I feel deprived. On average my splits were 40% carb 30%protein, and 30% fat

Today at my follow up visit my doctor came into my room almost giddy and said, “You are batting 1000”

A1c 5.5 normal range
    Triglycerides 81
    Cholesterol 189
    HDL 54
    LDL 119
    Ratio 3.5

And 31 lbs lost
    I was able to where a pair of shorts and shirt that I have not worn for several years.

Life style change and exercise works!

I don't think I have ever been excited about being called normal before.

Awesome!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    On pumpkin I love it. I got Phoebe a pumpkin muffin last night. Usually I get her a honey bran raisin one. I smelled it. But didn't taste. I can't get that taste in my mouth I'll obsess!

I love that you give them mints and muffins :heart:

And animal crackers and carrots. And horse treats. They *might* be spoiled.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Nice. We have this awesome bakery here that these amazing jelly donuts with a PB frosting that will make you wanna slap your momma. Oh man, I haven't had one in ages. I'm due.

Today when I came into work my coworker was eating a Peanut Butter donut. At first I was grossed out, because I thought it had a huge hunk of butter on the top.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession: MFP has really made me want a donut and I've been googling places around Houston to get a good one. XD

You realize that is messed up, right?

What's messed up with that? If I was planning such a splurge I'd deffenatly want to get the absolute best one.

That MFP is causing her to WANT donuts... that is what is messed up.

MFP is causing me to want white chocolate candy corn M&Ms ;) ... which would require a trip to the US...

You're not missing much to be honest since they don't even have a candy corn flavor.