Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I confess I'm a home wrecker......

Today as I was out walking I noticed a pretty blue gray bird by the side of the lake and as I passed, I watched it fly off it was beautiful.
    When I turned my face forward again I did so just in time to see the middle of a rather large spider web. It spanned over my head to mid chest.

First of all I'm sorry spider for wrecking your very close knit large web. I'm sure it took along time to make. I hope you have enough web to build another one

Secondly. Shriek, wild thrashing about with my arms trying to get it off of me, and dear God please don't let that spider be on me.

I was pulling weeds in my front flower garden Saturday. (It was WAY past due, and the weeds were way out of control, but that's a different confession.) I have a certain garbage can that I put pulled weeds in. It's really old and has a hole worn in the bottom, so I can't put anything small or liquid in it. Anyway, I pull out this garbage can and there is a GINORMOUS black widow spider in its web behind the garbage can. I don't have a photo to show you, because I was too busy SQUISHING it!!!

Black widow spiders freaked me out as a kid. Some how I got the impression that if they bit me I could become very ill and possibly die.

We had a tack shed that they seemed to like for some reason. I remember going into it with my sister behind me.
    Well there was one over my head and running right at me. I think I ran clean over my sister to get out.

My husband laughs about when he was young that they ( all boys in the family) had a black widow spider as a pet. They would feed it flies. They kept it in a mason jar with little holes in the top so it could breathe. All went well until till she had about 1000 babies that were small enough to crawl out the holes in the top. They all laugh about it.

To this day I can catch and hold almost anything but spiders.

I woke up with a black widow on my chest once (on top of the blanket) as a teenager. Totally freaked out about that!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

Mmm wow didn't know those existed!!

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Yes, yes... 1000 times yes.

The only good thing about fall: it's Pumpkin Season.

I love it!!

I've already bought some Pumpkin foods B).

Pumpkin Fiber One bar (pretty good for 90 calories), Chobani Pumpkin Spice (awful for 130 calories), & Dannon Pumpkin yogurt (170 calories & really good).

I had my first Pumpkin Chai latte of the season yesterday....MMmmmmm!

@KylerJaye and @kecmw25 - BLASPHEMY!

I tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte this weekend from Starbucks. They changed the ingredients and I'm not a fan of the new taste which makes me sad, I love pumpkin anything (I'm an October baby, my mom would make me pumpkin flavoured cakes etc).

If you have a Target near you then they have a lot of different Pumpkin/Halloween foods this year. I bought Pumpkin Spice M&Ms, Peeps in Pumpkin Spice, Candy Corn, & Caramel Apple flavors, a Russell Stover's Pumpkin Spice Latte candy bar, & a Hammonds Candy Corn Bar (this was awful).

I tried the Pumpkin Spice Peeps & they were awesome! I wish I would've bought a few more packages of them.

I hope I can find the Peanut Butter & Co. Pumpkin Spice spread & the Hostess Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes.

I bought a limited addition pumpkin pie ice cream today......
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Today as I was out walking I noticed a pretty blue gray bird by the side of the lake and as I passed, I watched it fly off it was beautiful.
    When I turned my face forward again I did so just in time to see the middle of a rather large spider web. It spanned over my head to mid chest.

First of all I'm sorry spider for wrecking your very close knit large web. I'm sure it took along time to make. I hope you have enough web to build another one

Secondly. Shriek, wild thrashing about with my arms trying to get it off of me, and dear God please don't let that spider be on me.

I was pulling weeds in my front flower garden Saturday. (It was WAY past due, and the weeds were way out of control, but that's a different confession.) I have a certain garbage can that I put pulled weeds in. It's really old and has a hole worn in the bottom, so I can't put anything small or liquid in it. Anyway, I pull out this garbage can and there is a GINORMOUS black widow spider in its web behind the garbage can. I don't have a photo to show you, because I was too busy SQUISHING it!!!

Black widow spiders freaked me out as a kid. Some how I got the impression that if they bit me I could become very ill and possibly die.

We had a tack shed that they seemed to like for some reason. I remember going into it with my sister behind me.
    Well there was one over my head and running right at me. I think I ran clean over my sister to get out.

My husband laughs about when he was young that they ( all boys in the family) had a black widow spider as a pet. They would feed it flies. They kept it in a mason jar with little holes in the top so it could breathe. All went well until till she had about 1000 babies that were small enough to crawl out the holes in the top. They all laugh about it.

I woke up with a black widow on my chest once (on top of the blanket) as a teenager. Totally freaked out about that!

I used to keep a carafe of water next to my bed because I woke up thirsty a lot. One night, I was lazy and, instead of sitting up to drink, I just picked up the carafe in the dark and tilted it over my mouth. A COCKROACH fell off the lip. ONTO MY FACE. To this day, a cockroach is the only bug that will send me running and screaming. Before that, I wasn't at all afraid of them. A cockroach running across your face can do that to you, apparently.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

This is the one I killed from my shed last week. This is not a good picture but I wanted to make sure I killed her. She was the biggest I have seen.
    1rd2oh6zt456.jpg
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #22

this was saturday afternoon and was probably the most "non-date" first date ever.
    i'll fully admit, i didn't even attempt to try.

had been talking to this dude for a lil while, and we kept trying to set something up, but schedules were always getting in the way. so on saturday he's like hey! i'm free for a bit this afternoon if you want to chill. my reply? it's a pajama jams saturday, i have zero intentions of doing anything other than having beverages and listening to my ipod. zero fracks shall be given. (yeah, not trying, at all).

apparently this dude saw my ghetto attitude as fun and refreshing (lol), and was like sounds awesome!
    so dude came over and chilled on the porch for a while with beverages, chit chats, and a random cig here and there. he was also very fond of my batman pajamas (yeah i don't mess around). found out he's a lawyer (classy!), and really, really chill and relaxed, which apparently doesn't quite meld with his profession. so i'm thinking the idea to sit on a porch with a chick in pj's and beverages would be a fun change of pace.

and he was really nice! hung out for a few hours, and i actually had a great time.
    maybe a #2? who knows, gonna have to wait and see, but overall a good day :)

I might steal this date idea....

Update on SSP:

So we met at his place Sunday morning, no coffee, because he doesn't drink coffee, but he did make iced tea. He told me about the supervisor's class he took while in Houston and what it told him about relationships with subordinates and how it scared him. Something about being able to be 'friendly' but not being able to be friends or have relationships with them outside of the work environment. That's PART ONE of why he dumped me.
    Part two was that he was getting nervous about how attached I was and how attached he was GETTING! So on the BRIGHT side, I'm a really amazing girl and he likes me. But I'm not quite worth putting his career in jeopardy. Which I think is totally understandable, he's been doing this job for years and years and he's looking at retiring in a decade or so. He wants me to stay where I am and have the opportunity to use the tuition reimbursement and open hours of nightshift to get a degree.

Anyway, I gave him his kindle back that he let me borrow, he mentioned something about it not being destroyed and I said I didn't even THINK about it despite how hurt and mad I was because I am a rational human for the most part.
    He said he thinks the circumstances suck and now he is one of those dumb ones. When I asked what he meant, he brought up that we had a conversation once about the men who were dumb enough to let me walk away from them. I told him not to worry about it and that I won't be waiting around for circumstances to change and that I don't expect him to either. He made some joke about him being eternally single and whatnot, we said our good byes and I left.
    I wanted to scream in his face and call him a hypocrite because him and the Lt hang out, ride motorcycles, and have dinner about once a month. If that isn't considered being 'friends' I don't know what is. If the Lt can be more than 'friendly' with his sergeants, why can't he(SSP) be more than 'friendly' with me?

Oh well. He's made his choice and I'm already down a pound so, his loss.

Anyway, I reconnected with a guy I met back when I was working at Lowe's in early mid 2014. His name is Jason and he always offered to buy me lunch when I was working as a cashier there, but I usually brought my lunch.

We have plans for something on Thursday, but nothing concrete as of yet. I'm not feeling so much as a date as more of a 'hey let's just get out of the house for a bit' kinda thing. He knows the situation and is cool with maybe just some mini golf or a movie. "Having a new friend is good, if nothing else" he said.

ETA: Edited because emotions make typing hard
    Edited again to add: I don't want to be with a guy who is going to be breaking things off because he's afraid of his own feelings anyway. That just shouldn't be a reason.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I used to keep a carafe of water next to my bed because I woke up thirsty a lot. One night, I was lazy and, instead of sitting up to drink, I just picked up the carafe in the dark and tilted it over my mouth. A COCKROACH fell off the lip. ONTO MY FACE. To this day, a cockroach is the only bug that will send me running and screaming. Before that, I wasn't at all afraid of them. A cockroach running across your face can do that to you, apparently.

Oh my gosh that is the most disgusting thing ever.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Edited again to add: I don't want to be with a guy who is going to be breaking things off because he's afraid of his own feelings anyway. That just shouldn't be a reason.

QFT

Have fun with Jadon!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #22

this was saturday afternoon and was probably the most "non-date" first date ever.

had been talking to this dude for a lil while, and we kept trying to set something up, but schedules were always getting in the way. so on saturday he's like hey! i'm free for a bit this afternoon if you want to chill. my reply? it's a pajama jams saturday, i have zero intentions of doing anything other than having beverages and listening to my ipod. zero fracks shall be given. (yeah, not trying, at all).

apparently this dude saw my ghetto attitude as fun and refreshing (lol), and was like sounds awesome!
    so dude came over and chilled on the porch for a while with beverages, chit chats, and a random cig here and there. he was also very fond of my batman pajamas (yeah i don't mess around). found out he's a lawyer (classy!), and really, really chill and relaxed, which apparently doesn't quite meld with his profession. so i'm thinking the idea to sit on a porch with a chick in pj's and beverages would be a fun change of pace.

and he was really nice! hung out for a few hours, and i actually had a great time.

Update on SSP:

So we met at his place Sunday morning, no coffee, because he doesn't drink coffee, but he did make iced tea. He told me about the supervisor's class he took while in Houston and what it told him about relationships with subordinates and how it scared him. Something about being able to be 'friendly' but not being able to be friends or have relationships with them outside of the work environment. That's PART ONE of why he dumped me.
    Part two was that he was getting nervous about how attached I was and how attached he was GETTING! So on the BRIGHT side, I'm a really amazing girl and he likes me. But I'm not quite worth putting his career in jeopardy. Which I think is totally understandable, he's been doing this job for years and years and he's looking at retiring in a decade or so. He wants me to stay where I am and have the opportunity to use the tuition reimbursement and open hours of nightshift to get a degree.

Anyway, I gave him his kindle back that he let me borrow, he mentioned something about it not being destroyed and I said I didn't even THINK about it despite how hurt and mad I was because I am a rational human for the most part.
    He said he thinks the circumstances suck and now he is one of those dumb ones. When I asked what he meant, he brought up that we had a conversation once about the men who were dumb enough to let me walk away from them. I told him not to worry about it and that I won't be waiting around for circumstances to change and that I don't expect him to either. He made some joke about him being eternally single and whatnot, we said our good byes and I left.
    I wanted to scream in his face and call him a hypocrite because him and the Lt hang out, ride motorcycles, and have dinner about once a month. If that isn't considered being 'friends' I don't know what is. If the Lt can be more than 'friendly' with his sergeants, why can't he(SSP) be more than 'friendly' with me?

Anyway, I reconnected with a guy I met back when I was working at Lowe's in early mid 2014. His name is Jason and he always offered to buy me lunch when I was working as a cashier there, but I usually brought my lunch.

We have plans for something on Thursday, but nothing concrete as of yet. I'm not feeling so much as a date as more of a 'hey let's just get out of the house for a bit' kinda thing. He knows the situation and is cool with maybe just some mini golf or a movie. "Having a new friend is good, if nothing else" he said.

Well the supervisor class is an excuse. If he is 10 years from retirement then he knows better than to have an affair with a subordinate.

I think the 2nd part is most likely the reason. And 'eternally single' is a clue right there. Also at his age if he's never been married he is likely to be a commitment phobe. Enjoy your next date!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

I know, right?! :s
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #22

Update on SSP:

Well the supervisor class is an excuse. If he is 10 years from retirement then he knows better than to have an affair with a subordinate.

I think the 2nd part is most likely the reason. And 'eternally single' is a clue right there. Also at his age if he's never been married he is likely to be a commitment phobe. Enjoy your next date!

He's more like 18 years from retirement...

And BOOM! That's exactly what I plan to do.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Agreed! Yuck!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Agreed! Yuck!
    This. And:
    *post date update*

first date #22

Update on SSP:

This.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    On July 1 my doctor said that my labs were a huge concern
    A1c was 6.4 which meant my average blood sugar was 130 (one point away from being a diabetic)
    Triglycerides were156 norm was <150
    Cholesterol was 248 norm 125-200
    HDL 51 norm >46
    LDL 166 norm <130
    Ratio 4.9 norm<5

With these labs I was headed for some serious long-term morbidity. And high chance of a heart attacks in the future if I continued down this path. He had prescribed metformin but some how there was a mix-up between his pharmacy and his office and when I called his office they stated that it was not ordered.

He explained that I could change this with changes in my diet and exercise.
    When I complained my legs hurt all the time his answer was, “You don’t have to do a lot just start moving some. Then add exercises as you can.

After a search of food diaries on July 4 I started with MFP I started with an average of 6621 steps a day felt exhausted and slept a lot. Last week my average was 10442

I started just logging what I ate making sure it was under my calorie goals but making sure I ate my protein goals. I continued to eat what I wanted. I have not been hungry or did I feel deprived. On average my splits were 40% carb 30%protein, and 30% fat

Today at my follow up visit my doctor came into my room almost giddy and said, “You are batting 1000”

A1c 5.5 normal range
    Triglycerides 81
    Cholesterol 189
    HDL 54
    LDL 119
    Ratio 3.5

And 31 lbs lost
    I was able to where a pair of shorts and shirt that I have not worn for several years.

Life style change and exercise works!

I don't think I have ever been excited about being called normal before.

Congrats @raymax4 ! That's great! You must be so proud of yourself!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    On July 1 my doctor said that my labs were a huge concern
    A1c was 6.4 which meant my average blood sugar was 130 (one point away from being a diabetic)
    Triglycerides were156 norm was <150
    Cholesterol was 248 norm 125-200
    HDL 51 norm >46
    LDL 166 norm <130
    Ratio 4.9 norm<5

With these labs I was headed for some serious long-term morbidity. And high chance of a heart attacks in the future if I continued down this path. He had prescribed metformin but some how there was a mix-up between his pharmacy and his office and when I called his office they stated that it was not ordered.

He explained that I could change this with changes in my diet and exercise.
    When I complained my legs hurt all the time his answer was, “You don’t have to do a lot just start moving some. Then add exercises as you can.

After a search of food diaries on July 4 I started with MFP I started with an average of 6621 steps a day felt exhausted and slept a lot. Last week my average was 10442

I started just logging what I ate making sure it was under my calorie goals but making sure I ate my protein goals. I continued to eat what I wanted. I have not been hungry or did I feel deprived. On average my splits were 40% carb 30%protein, and 30% fat

Today at my follow up visit my doctor came into my room almost giddy and said, “You are batting 1000”

A1c 5.5 normal range
    Triglycerides 81
    Cholesterol 189
    HDL 54
    LDL 119
    Ratio 3.5

And 31 lbs lost
    I was able to where a pair of shorts and shirt that I have not worn for several years.

Life style change and exercise works!

I don't think I have ever been excited about being called normal before.

This is SO amazing. I hope to have my dad in the same boat soon! :smiley:
    Stand tall and be PROUD to be normal!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    This weekend is my birthday weekend (it's actually on Sunday). I was hoping to be under 100kg by now but I've only missed it by a kilo so I'm ok with that.

I am going to eat ALL OF THE FOOD this weekend and have ZERO regrets. :)

Good for you! I hope it was amazing!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    ericGold15 wrote: »
    This is the best thread at MFP, hands down. Thank you to all the brave and honest souls.

My all-grown-up daughter reminded me the other day that one Halloween she woke up the morning after to find a pile of wrappers in the living room. My explanation that I was saving her from the ravages of candy did not go over well.

Must remember to buy her a pile of chocolate when she visits during the holidays.

Ha ha, that's quite funny. But at least you owned up to it and moved past it.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    So in May 2014, I graduated from college with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry. After looking for over a year, I finally landed an incredible new job on Tuesday with a well-known medical company specializing in eye care (won't say the name of the company). I'll get to do a bunch of chemistry lab testing (which is very exciting to me :p).

I get to quit my current job next week (where I'm on my feet 4-5 hours every day for 6 days a week). I've been celebrating getting this new job all week but plan on getting back on track by Monday.

That's friggin amazing! I hope it is everything you expect it to be and you enjoy it!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I was at work this morning (scribe in the ER) and a patient came via ambulance. He could not breathe and was slowly turning purple. He kept saying how tired he felt. He kept looking at me and I could see so much pain in his eyes. It was rough and the doctor spent an hour or so in his room trying to get him breathing. She did multiple EKGs, lab work, a chest xray, intubation, and was getting ready to helicopter him to a different facility. When my shift ended at 7, he was still there, still alive, and she wasn't sure whether or not she'd still need to fly him. I cried the whole way home. Like, fully crying, to the point where I was gasping for air and making these awful noises. I almost stopped and grabbed a pint of ice cream because I just felt so crappy. Worst part is, I'll never know whether or not he made it alright, unless I see him there again. We don't follow up with patients. Once they're gone, we have no idea what happened unless another doctor calls to update or consult about the patient.

Awww that completely sucks! I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but it must be great seeing all the people you have helped walk out the hospital healthy?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I love England and all our non threatening bugs.

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2015-09-14/false-widow-spiders-10-facts/
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    We don't have pumpkin flavoured ANYTHING here. We don't even have tinned pumpkin. You can buy fresh ones around Halloween but that's about it (and I think we have pumpkin soup!). I don't really know what it tastes of. Another thing to try if I ever make it to the USA again.

Oh yes we doooooo! Go to your local Tescos and find the 'Around the worlds' Section. It has a load of American foods, including pureed pumpkin. I found it last year and was so happy to see it back. It kinda disappeared over the summer. Beware though. That section also has yummy pop tarts, massive packs of Oreos and other yummy things.