CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just layered the ingredients for the iMaui Wowie Chicken n the slow cooker. If turns out well' ll add it to pinterest.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Slingshot week that Chris Powell suggests ??
  • Db8688
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    I just layered the ingredients for the iMaui Wowie Chicken n the slow cooker. If turns out well' ll add it to pinterest.

The Chicken recipe turned out great. Posted to pinterest on the low carb board.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Slingshot week that Chris Powell suggests ??
    Yes ive done it a few times. I treat it like I would eat on a high carb day for 6 days. It was easier to not go and eat the whole house that way.
  • Db8688
    Options
    Low carb day and lunch with my mom. This should be challenging.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    Low carb day and lunch with my mom. This should be challenging.
    Well try having a salad with meat or a sandwich without bread or chicken with broccolli or salmon with carrots. Soup. Etc. Or share a meal with mom. Ive done this and uts a bit weird at first but completely doable!
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Low carb day out to eat would be hard if you follow the plan to a tee. At first a salad seems like the best choice but without fat you would not be able to have anything by vinegar and lemon for dressing. Maybe there will be a meat and veggies dish at the restaurant?

Thanks for posting the crock pot recipe!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    That's funny you mention the slingshot method. I've never tried it but I saved his post from Facebook in case I ever need to do it LOL!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    q64wfmlv025w.jpg
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sorry to intrude ladies but this carb cycling sounds interesting. Do you have any resources I should check out?
  • Liza45Oo
    Liza45Oo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I do carb cycling and calorie cycling Usually do mon and thu ( 500 calorie-carb fast days). Then tue/wed/sun at my TDEE ( 100g carbs average) then fri/sat are high carb/ higher cal. I was low carb, then paleo for about two yers, but found that I just binged whenever I had any carbs, so this is intuitively right for me. I'm here to lose about 3kilos ( 7lbs) not much and then to be a happy maintainer.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Saitiffeh- some of us are following Chris Powels Chose to Lose principals. There is also resources under bodybuilding.com Basically we alternate our days from low carb to ( higher ) carb days with a reward meal or day a week. Some people only do high carb a couple times a week , with the rest being low carb.... It's a great way to keep the body guessing while keeping calories and carbs inline... Stick around this thread...we love helping others !
  • saitiffeh
    Options
    I've been doing some googling and it looks like a plan that would really work with my lifestyle! I think it's time to look up recipes and food ideas :)
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    If you Pinterest , we started a couple of boards that may help. But basically it's protein and veggies and fat for low carb.... High carb is protein, veggies, and starchy type veggie or breads/ pasta, or fruit.... If you look back at earlier posts you will find some other specifics. It's really clean eating...as you do low carb a couple if days you'll find your body flushing out excess water...and high carb days are a burst of energy for some people.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Welcome Liza and Saitiffeh! Some of us have more to lose. Some less, but we all come together in support for each other's journey. Have a beautiful day !
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Liza, how much total have you lost then ? Did you notice the loss more in the scale or in your sizing ?

Sue
  • saitiffeh
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    If you Pinterest , we started a couple of boards that may help. But basically it's protein and veggies and fat for low carb.... High carb is protein, veggies, and starchy type veggie or breads/ pasta, or fruit.... If you look back at earlier posts you will find some other specifics. It's really clean eating...as you do low carb a couple if days you'll find your body flushing out excess water...and high carb days are a burst of energy for some people.

I would like to see those boards if possible! I'm Pitneresting as we speak hah :)

My only issue is that I am unfortunately a picky eater when it comes to veggies :blush: So that will require me to work around it a little. There are some I like though so I will take a closer look :) So many options to explore!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Welcome to the group new members!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    If it makes you feel better I'm not big on veggies either. Sometimes I even skip them (I know it's bad). I usually can do salsa, and I like veggies I don't have to chop like mushrooms since I'm lazy Lol!

saitiffeh wrote: »

I would like to see those boards if possible! I'm Pitneresting as we speak hah :)

My only issue is that I am unfortunately a picky eater when it comes to veggies :blush: So that will require me to work around it a little. There are some I like though so I will take a closer look :) So many options to explore!

• saitiffeh
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    If it makes you feel better I'm not big on veggies either. Sometimes I even skip them (I know it's bad). I usually can do salsa, and I like veggies I don't have to chop like mushrooms since I'm lazy Lol!

I have found I can stand things like brocolli more if they are boiled... but not to boiled, you know? I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow and will bring home some zucchini I think and aspagarus... maybe cook them with some olive oil and spices and give it a shot. I have found some other really great ideas and recipes too. I will take a few days to make my food plan and then attempt carb cycling.

It's funny, my 7 year old teases me for being picky!