CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    Here's my cheat note for low carb days. I don't hit this exactly but if gives me a guideline.
    LOW CARB DAY
    A low-carb day will call for about .5 grams of carbohydrate per pound of body weight. Your protein intake will usually increase to about 1.5 grams per pound, and your fat intake to around .35 grams per pound.

According to the book carb cycling the recipe and diet book by Jesse Morgan ...she mentions MFP and she breaks down how to get the grams for low and high carb

Low Carb day 20% of calories from carbs=400 calories .....50% of calories from Protein =1000 calories...30% of calories from fats = 600 grams

High Carb day 45% of calories from carbs=900 calories ....40% of calories from Protein=800 calories 15% of calories from fats= 300 calories

Next convert those calories into grams , for protein and carbs divide calories by 4, for fat divide by 9

Here is what that would look like for a 2,000 calorie diet.. LOW CARB DAY: 20% of calories from carbs=100 grams ...50% of calories from protein =250 grams ....30% of calories from fats=67 grams
    HIGH-CARB DAY 45% of calories from carbs =225 grams...40% of calories from protein=200 grams ...15% of calories from fats=33grams

Here it is in one straight line equation for the low carb day, 2000 x .20 divide by 4=100 grams carbs
    2000 x .50 divided by 4 =250 grams protein ....2000 x .30 divided by 9= 67 grams of fat

I hope that makes sense and helps ...this is how I set up my grams on here and I change daily from high carb to low carb

Happy early b-day DB ...my daughter's is Oct 5th she will be 10 UGH lol

I just tweaked my cheat notes based on these stats - looks similar to what I've been doing but this was a much easier conversion. Also - Happy B day to your daughter! My youngest daughter is 15 and she just switched to homeschooling this year.
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    DB- My husband's birthday is Sunday too! We're celebrating on Saturday but happy early birthday to you! :)
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Happy early birthday DB :smile:
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Here's my cheat note for low carb days. I don't hit this exactly but if gives me a guideline.
    LOW CARB DAY
    A low-carb day will call for about .5 grams of carbohydrate per pound of body weight. Your protein intake will usually increase to about 1.5 grams per pound, and your fat intake to around .35 grams per pound.

According to the book carb cycling the recipe and diet book by Jesse Morgan ...she mentions MFP and she breaks down how to get the grams for low and high carb

Low Carb day 20% of calories from carbs=400 calories .....50% of calories from Protein =1000 calories...30% of calories from fats = 600 grams

High Carb day 45% of calories from carbs=900 calories ....40% of calories from Protein=800 calories 15% of calories from fats= 300 calories

Next convert those calories into grams , for protein and carbs divide calories by 4, for fat divide by 9

Here is what that would look like for a 2,000 calorie diet.. LOW CARB DAY: 20% of calories from carbs=100 grams ...50% of calories from protein =250 grams ....30% of calories from fats=67 grams
    HIGH-CARB DAY 45% of calories from carbs =225 grams...40% of calories from protein=200 grams ...15% of calories from fats=33grams

Here it is in one straight line equation for the low carb day, 2000 x .20 divide by 4=100 grams carbs
    2000 x .50 divided by 4 =250 grams protein ....2000 x .30 divided by 9= 67 grams of fat

I hope that makes sense and helps ...this is how I set up my grams on here and I change daily from high carb to low carb

Happy early b-day DB ...my daughter's is Oct 5th she will be 10 UGH lol

I just tweaked my cheat notes based on these stats - looks similar to what I've been doing but this was a much easier conversion. Also - Happy B day to your daughter! My youngest daughter is 15 and she just switched to homeschooling this year.

Glad you thought it was an easier conversion ....and thanks for the b-day wishes to my daughter .... I hope your daughter loves homeschooling as much as we do :smile:
  • Db8688
    Options
    DB- My husband's birthday is Sunday too! We're celebrating on Saturday but happy early birthday to you! :)

Thank you! That's pretty cool! :smiley:
  • Db8688
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    Happy early birthday DB :smile:

Thank you! :smiley:

• Db8688
    Options
    I hope your daughter loves homeschooling as much as we do :smile:

She does and I love the communication with the online instructors! I get to sit in on classes whenever I like so this helps me to understand what she's learning so that I can help her when needed.
  • fitsteph78
    fitsteph78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just started carb cycling this past Sunday. I am following Chris Powell's Classic Cycle. My low carb days are Sun/Tues/Thurs and High Carb are Mon/Wed/Fri with my cheat day being on Saturday. My main goal for October will be increasing my exercise. Haven't come with an exercise routine yet other than the 9 minute missions, shredders, and walking. I am going on a vacation to the Dominican in November and have 2 weddings that I am in next year so I'm looking to drop a good amount of weight. I've lost weight before counting calories, but this is my first experience with carb cycling. Hope to have great results.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    fitsteph78 wrote: »
    Hi all! Just started carb cycling this past Sunday. I am following Chris Powell's Classic Cycle. My low carb days are Sun/Tues/Thurs and High Carb are Mon/Wed/Fri with my cheat day being on Saturday. My main goal for October will be increasing my exercise. Haven't come with an exercise routine yet other than the 9 minute missions, shredders, and walking. I am going on a vacation to the Dominican in November and have 2 weddings that I am in next year so I'm looking to drop a good amount of weight. I've lost weight before counting calories, but this is my first experience with carb cycling. Hope to have great results.
    Welcome Steph !! We are glad you found us here, and good luck with your October goals !!! We are here to help, support, motivate.....
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Hi Steph! I am pretty much on the same plan as you (same days too) except I do an additional low carb day on Friday, and on high carb days I eat cheese (sparingly) but it's a no no according to the book. Welcome to the group!
  • pwrfl1
    edited September 2015
    Options
    As we get closer to these final days of September, I ask myself ...what did I learn about myself ....and this WOE, and my workouts... And my determination...

I know I didn't get enough protein on a lot of days , I do much better when I have low sugar intake...

My weekends are my biggest temptations....1) my thusband is the carb King ...once I bite that forbidden whatever, I'm sunk....but on the flip side my carb / sugar headache after the fact, sucks and I'm learning I reall don't like that feeling at all, so it's getting easier to obstain...some days...

I did 30 day shred DVD, and Bob Harpers Kettlebell workout DVD, most days....and walked my dog 3 miles 3-4 days a week... I felt stronger as the month progressed!

I found that MFP Community was just the ticket to keep me focused, and I truly appreciate all of you guys !

Here's to another successful month ahead !!!

Sue
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Sue, you named your dog 3 miles? Just kidding, a little Tuesday humor :smile: You're doing a great job and your weight loss results show it!
  • fitsteph78
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone and getting some new meal ideas. It looks like you've all had some success with this way of eating.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    Sue, you named your dog 3 miles? Just kidding, a little Tuesday humor :smile: You're doing a great job and your weight loss results show it!
    Yep...I might as well name him that !!! Thanks for the compliment !! hg7kjodnewge.jpg

• pwrfl1
    Options
    Steph, we also started a few Pinterest boards for recipe ideas.....
  • fitsteph78
    Options
    Love Pinterest. I'll have to check it out tonight after dinner.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Welcome Steph ......

I highly recommend the low carb thai chicken peanut lettuce tacos from skinnytaste.com ....1st time making it today and its is yummy ...eating it now as I type :p ..I hope everyone is having a great day

Megan
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Sounds Yummy Megan ! Can't wait to try !! N
  • fitsteph78
    Options
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Looks good Steph..... How was the zucchini noodles,? I'm usually not a big fan of that veggie, but it seems to be popping up into a lot of recipes lately....probably due to harvest season B) my mom used to make a zucchini chocolate cake.... THAT ! I could handle...oh and zucchini bread !!