CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• fitsteph78
    fitsteph78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    They were good in my opinion. It was my first time trying them.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    The only way I use to eat zucchini was raw with lots of ranch dressing ....Skinnytaste.com has baked zucchini fries that I am gonna try soon dipped in her low fat blue cheese dressing that I already made and I think its delicious
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

My biggest obstacles are also weekend carbs and getting enough protein. I read we can only utilize about25-30 grams in an hourit so it seems pointless to consume more in one meal. I love the feeling of control I have with this lifestyle and I'm not having those huge energy swings I had the first two weeks.
    I also love the feeling of accountability and support I have with my MFP friends and this board.
  • Db8688
    Options
    The only way I use to eat zucchini was raw with lots of ranch dressing ....Skinnytaste.com has baked zucchini fries that I am gonna try soon dipped in her low fat blue cheese dressing that I already made and I think its delicious

I like it grilled but the pasata turkey sausage recipe sounds lreally good!
  • Db8688
    Options
    fitsteph78 wrote: »

I tried adding this to our low carb board but it's not letting me. Could be the new phone update I installed today.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find on high carb days they are hungrier than low carb days? I found it weird, more calories, but hungry today.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Jen, yes!!! At first....but after a few weeks it seemed to level out some....I have to really focus , so I don't go verboard
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    As we get closer to these final days of September, I ask myself ...what did I learn about myself ....and this WOE, and my workouts... And my determination...

I know I didn't get enough protein on a lot of days , I do much better when I have low sugar intake...

My weekends are my biggest temptations....1) my thusband is the carb King ...once I bite that forbidden whatever, I'm sunk....but on the flip side my carb / sugar headache after the fact, sucks and I'm learning I reall don't like that feeling at all, so it's getting easier to obstain...some days...

I did 30 day shred DVD, and Bob Harpers Kettlebell workout DVD, most days....and walked my dog 3 miles 3-4 days a week... I felt stronger as the month progressed!

I found that MFP Community was just the ticket to keep me focused, and I truly appreciate all of you guys !

Here's to another successful month ahead !!!

Sue

Sue-This is as great self assessment of your monthly accomplishments! Knowing what triggers you to fall off track is half the battle and I'm sure you can continue to improve and ward off temptation. You're doing fantastic! Cheers to a successful October and continued motivation! :)
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Thanks Laura ! Cheers!!
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    fitsteph78 wrote: »

I tried adding this to our low carb board but it's not letting me. Could be the new phone update I installed today.

I was able to add the recipe to the low carb Pinterest board. Thanks Steph!
  • fitsteph78
    Options
    You're welcome. I'm looking forward to trying some new recipes. In the few days that I've been doing the carb cycling, I'm learning to plan ahead. Right now, I plan the night before for the next day, but I'm hoping to start planning out my whole week in advance.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    High carb day today.... Feeling headache-y , darn that sugar !!!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    How did you do with your month goals ?
  • Db8688
    Options

I noticed my pants are a little loose tried on a pair of the smaller size that I haven't worn since 2013. They fit! Not loose enough for me to start wearing but I'm almost there!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    That's fantastic DB !!!! Nothing like shopping in your own closet !
  • fitsteph78
    Options
    That's awesome! Can't wait to be able to fit back into some of my smaller clothes.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options

I noticed my pants are a little loose tried on a pair of the smaller size that I haven't worn since 2013. They fit! Not loose enough for me to start wearing but I'm almost there!

Congrats DB! I can't wait to fit into my old clothes. I have every size in my closet from 4-14 LOL!
  • Db8688
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »

Congrats DB! I can't wait to fit into my old clothes. I have every size in my closet from 4-14 LOL!

Thanks! I tossed everything from 14-16 two years ago. I went from 12 down to 8 and then started gaining it back. 8 is my favorite size so that's what I aiming for again.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    DB - you will soon be in your favorite 8's soon enough ! You are doing awesome woman !!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Tiff - you have quite a range of clothes in your closet - lol !!!! What size are you most comfortable in ? Keep up good work !!!