Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Confession: I have zero regrets about my Ren Faire food adventure today, and am actually considering making popcorn right now.
    so what did you eat and drink

Yea and any pictures?

No pictures since none of it was exactly pretty. I had two cups of hot spiced cider, lunch was a cheesesteak and home-brewed birch beer (a Ren Faire staple) because lines were insane at some of the more exciting places, but I also had Irish nachos (potato chips/thin fries with cheddar, sour cream and chives). And then I ate an entire apple strudel with salted caramel ice cream. :p

Licking my chops
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I went to go donate blood yesterday and the whole time I was sitting there, this guy kept talking to me about how he has been in a relationship with a married woman but she broke up with him for her husband and he thinks she was cheating on him with another guy while they were together because she always wanted to spend time with her children and now he's really lonely. I was half-heartedly listening, throwing in "oh that sucks" and "that's too bad" where it seemed appropriate. He asked me to exchange numbers with him (I couldn't switch numbers because I was 6th in line and he was 9th, and I had to be to work in an hour and a half, otherwise I would have let him go ahead of me) He kept glancing down at me, and positioning himself so that he was awkwardly close. He had a wicked stutter, and joked that I should try to "slap it out of him." He was bragging about all his scars and how cool his scar stories are (seriously, his best scar story was that he was sweeping with a really cheap broom and it broke and stabbed him in the finger, and he needed a couple stitches). He kept telling me how cute he was though he still couldn't find a woman, and I just smiled politely and said "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and told him that he'd find someone "eventually." This older gentleman gave me a sympathetic glance and saw that I was shivering (my chair was next to a fan) and gave me his coat, which was really nice. The guy with the stutter turned to him and was like, "oh you don't have to do that, I could have kept her warm." The old guy started laughing and said that he was donating double reds, so he'll be there awhile anyways. I have no idea what weird guy's actual age is, but he was telling me how he didn't get his learner's permit until he was 29 and he still can't drive a car because he doesn't have one. It was so hard to not just be like "shut the hell up, sir, you're stupidly annoying!"

You win the weirdest encounter of the week award. I'd have told him yo shut up and leave me alone.

I thought about it, but then I felt bad for him, and part of me feels like he was a little on the mentally disabled side, so I would have felt bad, plus I knew I couldn't be around him for more than an hour and a half anyways...
  • raymax4
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I can't stop eating all the chocolate today. I've had an awesome piece of dark chocolate, a chocolate chip cookie, and a piece of chocolate cake, as well as chocolate creamer in my coffee! :neutral:

Chocoholic!
    You know chocolate is a very effective antidepressant.
    Do you can exceed your limits, feel bad about it, and cure your bad feelings all at once.
  • raymax4
    I've been super on track all year except for the past 3 months I was in a play. It was all high-energy, dancing, jumping, lifting other dancers etc. It took ALL MY TIME. I was at work from 9-5 and play rehearsal from 6-10 every night. So, I decided the best way to get the calories and protein I needed was to eat a fast food hamburger every night before rehearsal (because I was too lazy to plan ahead and pack my own dinner!)
    I easily maintained my weight for those 3 months even with all the junk I was eating thanks to the amount of movement the play required, but I immediately noticed the negative consequences following closing night.
    I took a break and almost immediately slid right back into old habits of not counting my calories or doing any exercise. I told myself I deserved a break but it has just taught me that I can't give an inch or I'll take a mile (or ten).
    Don't get me wrong, I had SO much fun taking part in the play. It definitely made me live outside my normal comfort zone and I made a TON of new friends. However, it's time to get my act back together. I'm back on track drinking tons of water and cutting out the fast food and am upping my daily activities and feeling more like myself.
    Here's to constant vigilance and a reminder to myself that I LIKE being active! (Ugh, why is it so hard to remember that some mornings?)

I love activity too. You had something you looked forward to. When you get up now what do you look forward to now?
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    peleroja wrote: »
    First post for the 13th I think. :)

Anyway, I have to go out to lunch and bowling with co-workers today for "team building." I'm not looking forward to it...

I hate team building. Just let me work. They made us have a team photo taken last week. It was for a retiring coworker or I would have told them to shove it.

I'll do it if it gets me out of the office! We had an "employee appreciation week" over the summer. We'll also have United Way week later this month. Not much work gets done at the office those weeks...

Of course, next week there's a Cricket tournament during one afternoon. Um, I don't even know the rules of Cricket. I suppose I'll pass...

I'm on the "Social Committee" in my office (voluntold, not by choice) and I think it's kind of the worst. I don't mind organizing the Christmas hamper donations/Food Bank volunteer work and that sort of thing, because it benefits people, but most of the potlucks/lunches/activities just seem like...if people wanted to do that stuff they could do it without it being formally organized, I guess. I like my coworkers but I don't like them any better after being forced to play weird office games or whatever. Charity stuff is one thing but the random parties and games and stuff are not for me.

YES!! It's always so awkward. And, I never take part in the potlucks. I don't know how sanitary these people are when they cook.

Haha you sound like me. :) I RARELY take part in potlucks either. I also hate when people bring in food that their kids helped make. I never eat that. Yuck. This usually happens around the holidays. I'll leave the food for someone else.

We are having a potluck tomorrow. I am bringing a prepackaged veggie tray. I like easy.

Shoot...this just reminded me I have a potluck tomorrow and have not thought at all about what I'm bringing...grr...
  • WestCoastJo82
    Confession: I have zero regrets about my Ren Faire food adventure today, and am actually considering making popcorn right now.
    so what did you eat and drink

Yea and any pictures?

No pictures since none of it was exactly pretty. I had two cups of hot spiced cider, lunch was a cheesesteak and home-brewed birch beer (a Ren Faire staple) because lines were insane at some of the more exciting places, but I also had Irish nachos (potato chips/thin fries with cheddar, sour cream and chives). And then I ate an entire apple strudel with salted caramel ice cream. :p

Licking my chops

I second the drooling over Irish nachos and apple strudle/ice cream (rest sounds awesome too, but those two...yum!)
  • WestCoastJo82
    Holy cow this thread really has slown down! Maybe I can keep up here, too ;) (As long as I continue to ignore the fact that I skipped thousands...)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Holy cow this thread really has slown down! Maybe I can keep up here, too ;) (As long as I continue to ignore the fact that I skipped thousands...)

Come back here! We need more participants! And yes, just skip the other pages. Start fresh.
  • Oberon21

Anyway, I have to go out to lunch and bowling with co-workers today for "team building." I'm not looking forward to it...

I hate team building. Just let me work. They made us have a team photo taken last week. It was for a retiring coworker or I would have told them to shove it.

I'll do it if it gets me out of the office! We had an "employee appreciation week" over the summer. We'll also have United Way week later this month. Not much work gets done at the office those weeks...

Of course, next week there's a Cricket tournament during one afternoon. Um, I don't even know the rules of Cricket. I suppose I'll pass...

I'm on the "Social Committee" in my office (voluntold, not by choice) and I think it's kind of the worst. I don't mind organizing the Christmas hamper donations/Food Bank volunteer work and that sort of thing, because it benefits people, but most of the potlucks/lunches/activities just seem like...if people wanted to do that stuff they could do it without it being formally organized, I guess. I like my coworkers but I don't like them any better after being forced to play weird office games or whatever. Charity stuff is one thing but the random parties and games and stuff are not for me.

YES!! It's always so awkward. And, I never take part in the potlucks. I don't know how sanitary these people are when they cook.

Haha you sound like me. :) I RARELY take part in potlucks either. I also hate when people bring in food that their kids helped make. I never eat that. Yuck. This usually happens around the holidays. I'll leave the food for someone else.

We are having a potluck tomorrow. I am bringing a prepackaged veggie tray. I like easy.

Shoot...this just reminded me I have a potluck tomorrow and have not thought at all about what I'm bringing...grr...

Ooh did you decide? I always offer to bring utensils. ;)
  • Oberon21
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Ugh, neither do I!

I once ate tacos that were provided for our store being accident free for so many days & had diarrhea. Plus with potlucks you never know if people wash their hands after using the restroom or touch foods with their hands.

I have to say none of this has ever occurs to me. It will now!

We always have free food at my work (leftovers from meetings etc). If it sits out in the open, I will not take any. If it is covered but sat out for too long, I will not take any. I'm very picky about taking food. That's a good thing though. If I took free food every time it was offered, I'd be even bigger than I am now.

We had a meat and cheese tray here one day last week. I took it home and treated my dog. No way I was leaving it for people after it sat on a break room table for 8 hours

But it was ok for your dog ;)
  • Oberon21
    Oh, me!

If I weigh myself and don't like the number I'll weigh myself again to check. If it's the same number again I accept it but if I like the number the first time around I don't weigh myself again.

I thought everyone did this. I know I do.

I do. Especially if I am at a low or high weight. I refuse to believe it.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Oh, me!

If I weigh myself and don't like the number I'll weigh myself again to check. If it's the same number again I accept it but if I like the number the first time around I don't weigh myself again.

I thought everyone did this. I know I do.

I have a little ritual when I weigh in. I keep the scale under the couch, so when I put it in front of the bathroom (my spot) I step on and off the scale quickly to reset it. Twice. Then I weigh myself three times. Most times it's the same number, but if it changes, I go with the low one.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member

Ignore the thousands and just jump in. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member

Ugh, neither do I!

I once ate tacos that were provided for our store being accident free for so many days & had diarrhea. Plus with potlucks you never know if people wash their hands after using the restroom or touch foods with their hands.

I have to say none of this has ever occurs to me. It will now!

We always have free food at my work (leftovers from meetings etc). If it sits out in the open, I will not take any. If it is covered but sat out for too long, I will not take any. I'm very picky about taking food. That's a good thing though. If I took free food every time it was offered, I'd be even bigger than I am now.

We had a meat and cheese tray here one day last week. I took it home and treated my dog. No way I was leaving it for people after it sat on a break room table for 8 hours

But it was ok for your dog ;)

She has a notoriously strong stomach. And loves cheddar cheese, so it was more than okay to her.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    1,000th post guys so I thought I would fill everyone's Bingo card. I'm looking for you @MoHousdon

I have absolutely ate hot chocolate powder.
    I have never eaten anything out of the trash but then again I don't throw much food away which leads into...
    I have never thrown away peanut butter much less drowned it in water or soap. Come on! It's peanut butter!! :p
    I do wear work out clothes more than once before washing.
    I have never worn a sauna suit but I did own an ab belt once. If you're not sure what I mean by that, it was a belt that gave you little shocks that were supposed to simulate contracting muscles and give you a six pack without any effort whatsoever. It hurt. And it didn't work.
    A while back we were supposed to name something about ourselves that we really liked. My tummy is no where near as flat as it was back in the ab belt days but it's so much better than it was 2 years ago so I catch myself lifting my shirt and looking at my belly. Pretty much every time I'm in my bathroom. I can't believe I admitted that :blush:

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    1,000th post guys so I thought I would fill everyone's Bingo card. I'm looking for you @MoHousdon

I have never eaten anything out of the trash but then again I don't throw much food away which leads into...
    I have never thrown away peanut butter much less drowned it in water or soap. Come on! It's peanut butter!! :p
    I have never worn a sauna suit but I did own an ab belt once. If you're not sure what I mean by that, it was a belt that gave you little shocks that were supposed to simulate contracting muscles and give you a six pack without any effort whatsoever. It hurt. And it didn't work.
    A while back we were supposed to name something about ourselves that we really liked. My tummy is no where near as flat as it was back in the ab belt days but it's so much better than it was 2 years ago so I catch myself lifting my shirt and looking at my belly. Pretty much every time I'm in my bathroom. I can't believe I admitted that :blush:

HAHA nice!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

These are great!

I have not eaten hot chocolate powder. But I have eaten Tang powder and Jello powder.
    I have never eaten anything out of the trash.
    I have never drowned or thrown out peanut butter. It is not my Kryptonite.
    I wear all gym clothes for a week. Except panties.
    Craziest weight loss gimmick - I paid hundreds of dollars for the HGC (?) crap with vitamin B shots I gave to myself.
    And, I think we all know by now, I'm impressed with my booty... :D
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Awesome confessions today, Chrissy and Tami! :)

BINGOOOO!!
  • Oberon21

This is great!

In response:
    I have never eaten chocolate powder
    I have taken stuff back out of the trash
    I have never thrown away or drowned peanut butter. I am with you on that one.
    I never wear exercise clothes twice, I sweat too much.
    I have never warn a sauna suit (but I have thought about it)
    I am constantly pulling up my shirt in the bathroom, turning sideways and admiring (or lamenting ) my stomach since I lost weight. You are not alone in that one.

That was fun. ;)
  • Oberon21

These are great!

I have not eaten hot chocolate powder. But I have eaten Tang powder and Jello powder.
    I have never eaten anything out of the trash.
    I have never drowned or thrown out peanut butter. It is not my Kryptonite.
    I wear all gym clothes for a week. Except panties.
    Craziest weight loss gimmick - I paid hundreds of dollars for the HGC (?) crap with vitamin B shots I gave to myself.
    And, I think we all know by now, I'm impressed with my booty... :D

I did HCG multiple times. Lost a ton of weight. Just couldn't keep it off.