You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    When I estimated calories in my head of something we ate and then logged it in MFP to find out 140 calories off (to the good). I have gotten too good at knowing the calories in most stuff.

edited to add.. this was an entire dinner.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    When you fly to visit your daughter and the first place you stop on the way to her house is Walmart so you can buy your digital food scale. And on the way to the airport to go home, you return the digital scale.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    When you actually yell across the table at dinner at Red Robin, interrupting yor husband in the middle of ordering in dessert, "There is NO WAY I am going to sit here and watch you all eat a TOWER OF DOUGHNUTS!!!!" And your family forgives you for being so rude. :blush:

it takes 5 minutes to count out 15 tortilla chips - because it's hard to find ones that aren't broken.

When you move food from the original package to a zip lock to keep it fresh and tear off the bar code to put in the bag also.

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

LOL I Have nothing to offer - everyone else has said it!!! (Except the pooping - I'm always down .5 lb)

for those who missed a day they can reset their number here - I'm not sure how much time you've got though.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    When you secretly delight that your calorie count is actually much lower because you let your dog eat the last 1/2 teaspoon of your yogurt or banana.
    And apples, pears, toast, cereal, chicken, fish, peas, potatoes, and anything else my dog will eat, which is a lot.
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When i started my weightloss journey my family was supportive but they are picky eaters so i continue to cook them the same stuff. I make fresh chocolate chip cookies 3 times a week for my boyfriend and made them cupcakes yesterday. So last night as we are watching a football game i am going to get more water and ask if they need anything from the kitchen...what do they want...my nutrigrain bars. The one thing i love to eat with a cup of coffee in the mornings. How dare they eat my stuff when i can't eat theirs.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    When you move food from the original package to a zip lock to keep it fresh and tear off the bar code to put in the bag also.

I have to do this all the time!! :D
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    When you feel sad when a good MFP friend disappears and you think 'another one bites the dust'.

Heh. Hopefully they're just off healthily managing their weight elsewhere :)
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    When you feel sad when a good MFP friend disappears and you think 'another one bites the dust'.

I feel sad too, and they are my "real life" friends, I try to get them to come back :'(

One such friend also complains all the time about never being able to shed even a single pound, that she eats right and kills herself in the gym. She is saying this after eating at Zaxby's and while eating a pizza (all within ~ 3 hours!) And she just will not start logging again because she said it did no good. Frustrates me but I am trying to keep quiet because she just doesn't want to hear the truth it seems.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    When I get really sensitive about someone eating something on my plate! I have to recalculate now dammit!!!

When I mentally am assessing the calories in someone elses meal. I'm usually able to tell my bf how many calories I saw him consume (if he asks....I had to be told to stop giving him this information)
  • cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    When I say, "I'll get it for you honey" so I can get the step count.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

Heh. Hopefully they're just off healthily managing their weight elsewhere :)

Can hope yeah, but her last posts were that she was making bad choices, so I'm doubtful. Oh well.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    cdcllcga01 wrote: »
    When I say, "I'll get it for you honey" so I can get the step count.

That's awesome!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Wow, and this is all considered a "healthy" way of living?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »

Healthier than the alternative, yeah.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »

Everyone rows their own boat. But yes. What I do now, versus the way I used to do things...MUCH healthier. The awareness. The decision making. The food choices. The exercise. The commitment. Yes, this is a "healthy" way of living.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    k80flec wrote: »

for those who missed a day they can reset their number here - I'm not sure how much time you've got though.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request

Thanks for this! My counter reset some point last week (I think in error but it could have been user error!) but when I clicked this link it had my correct number to switch it to. Hm. Anyway, super happy about this. <3
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    When you have a slight moment of panic when you drop (part of) your treat or other high calorie food item; already weighed and logged.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    That strange look you get when you place your palm over your chicken breast on your plate to make sure it totally IS the size of a deck of cards, and explaining your not actually trying to bless your chicken or do some weird mind meld thing. Lol
    Rach

This is so funny