Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    smrich57 wrote: »
    I just need motivation to stick to something so I can drop the weight for health reasons. I don't have a lot of weight to drop but the excess weight is around my middle and hips. That is the worst place to have it with heart issues. If I can get on here and just release my frustation it might help. Please don't judge because of my lack of self control. Thanks :)

We definitely don't judge here. We've spent this week talking about eating cocoa powder for heaven's sake. Welcome and get that weight off for your heart's sake.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'll play too:

I have definitely eaten dry hot chocolate mix, but I have also eaten dry cake mix. Yeah.

I have never eaten out of the trash as I'm a bit germophobic. However, I do have a trash-related confession for today: I threw out like 20 kg of my husband's expired protein powder/creatine this weekend without telling him and I have a feeling he's going to be mad when he does notice...but it expired in DECEMBER 2013 and it has been cluttering up my limited pantry space ever since and he has not made a protein shake in at least a year and a half. I don't regret it and I know if I'd asked him he would have been like "but it's so expeeeeeensive..." but it was also going to poison him probably so I don't care.

I've never drowned peanut butter but I've definitely thrown "extra" stuff right down the disposal instead of saving it so there was no chance I could go back and eat more of it.

I wear workout stuff at least twice, as I have only three sports bras, do laundry once weekly, and work out every day but Friday normally.

I've never worn a sauna suit but I did try one of those ab belts once and I also used to have a Thigh Master passed down from my mother, haha.

It probably would've tasted disgusting if he did make one now. You did the right thing :wink:

Right? Not like he would have noticed with all the almond butter, fruit, and yogurt he loads into his smoothies but still, it can't have been good. I know it was powder but it's still kinda dairy and if it had an expiry on it that probably means something...especially a nearly two-year-old expiry.

I'm glad I married a guy who's responsible with his money but sometimes I have to shake my head and tell him it's okay to get rid of stuff that's unusable even if it was expensive. I refuse to let him turn into a hoarder like I worry certain members of his family are headed.

For what it is worth, the health dept and USDA let us serve canned foods/dry goods at the soup kitchen for a year after it's "expiration" date. I think it's 6 months for frozen foods, but don't quote me on that. The protein powder needed to go.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I'll play too:

I have definitely eaten dry hot chocolate mix, but I have also eaten dry cake mix. Yeah.

I have never eaten out of the trash as I'm a bit germophobic. However, I do have a trash-related confession for today: I threw out like 20 kg of my husband's expired protein powder/creatine this weekend without telling him and I have a feeling he's going to be mad when he does notice...but it expired in DECEMBER 2013 and it has been cluttering up my limited pantry space ever since and he has not made a protein shake in at least a year and a half. I don't regret it and I know if I'd asked him he would have been like "but it's so expeeeeeensive..." but it was also going to poison him probably so I don't care.

I've never drowned peanut butter but I've definitely thrown "extra" stuff right down the disposal instead of saving it so there was no chance I could go back and eat more of it.

I wear workout stuff at least twice, as I have only three sports bras, do laundry once weekly, and work out every day but Friday normally.

I've never worn a sauna suit but I did try one of those ab belts once and I also used to have a Thigh Master passed down from my mother, haha.

It probably would've tasted disgusting if he did make one now. You did the right thing :wink:

Right? Not like he would have noticed with all the almond butter, fruit, and yogurt he loads into his smoothies but still, it can't have been good. I know it was powder but it's still kinda dairy and if it had an expiry on it that probably means something...especially a nearly two-year-old expiry.

I'm glad I married a guy who's responsible with his money but sometimes I have to shake my head and tell him it's okay to get rid of stuff that's unusable even if it was expensive. I refuse to let him turn into a hoarder like I worry certain members of his family are headed.

For what it is worth, the health dept and USDA let us serve canned foods/dry goods at the soup kitchen for a year after it's "expiration" date. I think it's 6 months for frozen foods, but don't quote me on that. The protein powder needed to go.

Interesting. I tend to look at the "best by date" as a suggestion anyway.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'll play too:

There's a lot of research out there that suggests exactly that - that "best before" doesn't mean "inedible after" - but I'm pretty conservative with it and will toss anything I'm remotely suspicious about, especially dairy. My boss has been known to eat yogurt weeks past its expiry from her office fridge and I would NEVER. I clean out the fridge weekly and very little that's past date is ever allowed to remain. I'm aware that it's wasteful but I just can't deal with it. I do try really hard not to throw out food though and use everything FIFO like a restaurant walk-in ;)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I'll play too:

There's a lot of research out there that suggests exactly that - that "best before" doesn't mean "inedible after" - but I'm pretty conservative with it and will toss anything I'm remotely suspicious about, especially dairy. My boss has been known to eat yogurt weeks past its expiry from her office fridge and I would NEVER. I clean out the fridge weekly and very little that's past date is ever allowed to remain. I'm aware that it's wasteful but I just can't deal with it. I do try really hard not to throw out food though and use everything FIFO like a restaurant walk-in ;)

I will eat things like yogurt past the best before date if it was unopened & doesn't smell/look bad. I use the best before as a suggestion as well - besides, just because that date hasn't passed doesn't automatically mean it's good. I've opened milk and it's been bad, even though it was days before the expiry.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I'll play too:

My husband would love you. He cleans out the fridge every few weeks and tosses all the sauces/spreads if he thinks they aren't been used frequently enough. It drives me nuts, even though he's often right. Left to me own devices I would have a fridge full of sauces that I used once and was too lazy to chuck because I might want to use it again.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'll play too:

My husband would love you. He cleans out the fridge every few weeks and tosses all the sauces/spreads if he thinks they aren't been used frequently enough. It drives me nuts, even though he's often right. Left to me own devices I would have a fridge full of sauces that I used once and was too lazy to chuck because I might want to use it again.

I may or may not have eaten expired mayo last night. I don't mean recently expired either, I'm talking months. But I'd already opened the tuna and refused to eat it plain. It tasted fine and I'm feeling alright today so I think it was okay :lol:

Confession: I put the mayo back in the fridge rather than throw it out.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I just need motivation to stick to something so I can drop the weight for health reasons. I don't have a lot of weight to drop but the excess weight is around my middle and hips. That is the worst place to have it with heart issues. If I can get on here and just release my frustation it might help. Please don't judge because of my lack of self control. Thanks :)

We definitely don't judge here. We've spent this week talking about eating cocoa powder for heaven's sake. Welcome and get that weight off for your heart's sake.

AND I MISSED IT?! I have probably gotten 37 BINGOs by now.

• peleroja
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

AND I MISSED IT?! I have probably gotten 37 BINGOs by now.

Go look! We did a little Bingo bonanza on the last few pages!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'll play!

I've never eaten dry hot chocolate mix.
    I've never eaten out of the trash!!!
    I have never drowned peanut butter although there are times that I should have!! I have thrown other things away though because of eating waaaay too much.
    I wear workout clothes a few times before washing.
    I've never worn a sauna suit.

Me too!

I've never eaten dry hot chocolate mix. But I HAVE eaten the mini marshmallows by themselves. :smiley:
    I've never eaten out of the trash!!! (That might be a lie, I can't remember right now if I have or not)
    I have never drowned peanut butter unless it's to rinse out the jar for recycling.
    I wear workout clothes a few times before washing. This is mostly because I'm too lazy to wash them all the time.
    I've never worn a sauna suit.

I'm SO sad I missed out on this.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    1,000th post guys so I thought I would fill everyone's Bingo card. I'm looking for you @MoHousdon

I have absolutely ate hot chocolate powder.
    I have never eaten anything out of the trash but then again I don't throw much food away which leads into...
    I have never thrown away peanut butter much less drowned it in water or soap. Come on! It's peanut butter!! :p
    I do wear work out clothes more than once before washing.
    I have never worn a sauna suit but I did own an ab belt once. If you're not sure what I mean by that, it was a belt that gave you little shocks that were supposed to simulate contracting muscles and give you a six pack without any effort whatsoever. It hurt. And it didn't work.
    A while back we were supposed to name something about ourselves that we really liked. My tummy is no where near as flat as it was back in the ab belt days but it's so much better than it was 2 years ago so I catch myself lifting my shirt and looking at my belly. Pretty much every time I'm in my bathroom. I can't believe I admitted that :blush:

These are great!

I have not eaten hot chocolate powder. But I have eaten Tang powder and Jello powder.
    I have never eaten anything out of the trash.
    I have never drowned or thrown out peanut butter. It is not my Kryptonite.
    I wear all gym clothes for a week. Except panties.
    Craziest weight loss gimmick - I paid hundreds of dollars for the HGC (?) crap with vitamin B shots I gave to myself.
    And, I think we all know by now, I'm impressed with my booty... :D

WE ALL ARE!

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    When I overeat, like recently a mini pie sent me over, I keep moving it to different days to make sure it is accounted for if I get hungry and go over lol so I dont actually go over. Like if I go over my calories today, I move some to tomorrow and count them for tomorrow to keep my average intake the same for the week.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    1,000th post guys so I thought I would fill everyone's Bingo card. I'm looking for you @MoHousdon

I have absolutely ate hot chocolate powder.
    I have never eaten anything out of the trash but then again I don't throw much food away which leads into...
    I have never thrown away peanut butter much less drowned it in water or soap. Come on! It's peanut butter!! :p
    I do wear work out clothes more than once before washing.
    I have never worn a sauna suit but I did own an ab belt once. If you're not sure what I mean by that, it was a belt that gave you little shocks that were supposed to simulate contracting muscles and give you a six pack without any effort whatsoever. It hurt. And it didn't work.
    A while back we were supposed to name something about ourselves that we really liked. My tummy is no where near as flat as it was back in the ab belt days but it's so much better than it was 2 years ago so I catch myself lifting my shirt and looking at my belly. Pretty much every time I'm in my bathroom. I can't believe I admitted that :blush:

I check out my butt every time I pass a mirror or reflective surface. No shame in my game!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I'll play too:

I will eat things like yogurt past the best before date if it was unopened & doesn't smell/look bad. I use the best before as a suggestion as well - besides, just because that date hasn't passed doesn't automatically mean it's good. I've opened milk and it's been bad, even though it was days before the expiry.

I've eaten yogurt weeks past the best before date. I survived!
    It's like my mom once told me, the food can't read the label. It's not as if when that date gets here, the food is suddenly spoiled. The manufacturers have to be very conservative in the dates they put on the packaging.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    So what good stuff have I missed, you guys?! I seriously was almost 2000 posts behind and I skipped them all. Anything I should know about? I saw @kecmw25 tagged me in the BINGO post. Anything else good?
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    When I overeat, like recently a mini pie sent me over, I keep moving it to different days to make sure it is accounted for if I get hungry and go over lol so I dont actually go over. Like if I go over my calories today, I move some to tomorrow and count them for tomorrow to keep my average intake the same for the week.

That's exactly how you SHOULD do it! No shame in spreading out a treat, or saving up for one!
  • peleroja
    Options
    I'll play too:

My roommate is just like you, but we have a peace treaty in place now and I have to leave it there until it's actually expired or is visibly bad or smells wrong. After that it's fair game though...I recently had the joy of finally dumping his expensive collection of six-months-past-date artisan mustards.

Real estate in our fridge is at a premium with two sets of groceries, two big Brita containers, and a constant supply of roommate's beer, so I'm ruthless and very careful to use everything I buy. But the condiments creep on us every time...like right now I think there's seven kinds of hot sauce and at least that many salad dressings and four or five pots of roommate's grandma's jam.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I'll play too:

It's like my mom once told me, the food can't read the label. It's not as if when that date gets here, the food is suddenly spoiled. The manufacturers have to be very conservative in the dates they put on the packaging.

I like what your mom said. Also, I get very, maybe even irrationally angry when milk expires before its expiration date. This tends to happen more with from a certain store, but it's still highly upsetting. Anyone else feel me on this?

• peleroja
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'll play too:

I like what your mom said. Also, I get very, maybe even irrationally angry when milk expires before its expiration date. This tends to happen more with from a certain store, but it's still highly upsetting. Anyone else feel me on this?

I rarely buy milk at all so this isn't usually an issue for me. My husband and I don't drink it so I only have it when I'm making cream sauces. Does it happen a lot?
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I've been consistently logging everything I eat for over 1000 days and I've lost/gained the same 20lbs in those 1000+ days.

why?

Because I have a stupid brain that is never happy unless I am eating junk food and or at a surplus.
    I could be consistently working out and eating the right amount of food and feel like a million bucks...but the moment my lips even touch a candy bar or pastry I go right back to my old habits and ruin all of the progress I've made. (please no one tell me that I can still enjoy "junk" and just have less of it...it doesn't work on me...its either the whole bar or none of it)

I finally found a fitness routine I enjoy doing (Pole dancing) and what do I do? go to class? Nope...I make excuses and don't go and eat a freaking 100g candy bar instead...what's wrong with me?

I want to change so bad but my brain is just not letting me be better.