New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'm back and ready to give you some reviews! Get ready for a long post.
    I tried ThinSlim's Vanilla Cookie, Vanilla Muffin, and Vanilla Iced Cookie. Although I was disappointed in the pumpkin square, these were much better and I actually enjoyed them! However, for the price I'm not sure if I enjoyed them enough to order again without 50% off the sampler pack for first time orders, and I wouldn't say my sweet tooth has been satisfied in the same way as true desert would leave me feeling.
    Vanilla Cookie: Taste very close, if not identical, to angel food cake but slightly more dense like a sugar cookie and I LOVED IT. However, I did notice a slight bitter/chemically aftertaste to it.
    Vanilla Muffin: The color and texture is just like the cookie, I'm having déjà vu. Either I'm getting used to the taste or it's more subtle than the cookie, but it's still very very very close to being the same thing (just a different shape). Seriously, how are they different? Still slightly bitter/chemically, but also sweet and enjoyable for 40 calories.
    Vanilla Iced Cookie: I can't taste it anymore, they're all the same and I'm really regretting my all vanilla decision. The icing is mostly for texture I think because it's not as sweet as I was expecting (unless I'm immune by now). Three of these snacks was a worse decision than an entire pint of Arctic Zero. They're decent, I like them, but the aftertaste is weird and I'm starting to feel sick a bit.
    Overall, if you tried one you tried them all. They vary in shapes but truly have the same taste which becomes less appealing after the first treat. My next review will definitely not feature more than one dessert at a time, I can't do this again xD I miss real dessert, and at this point I would rather eat less but something more satisfying. I really hate this aftertaste, and it's almost becoming too sweet in the worst way.
    lbw5hfcfq91y.jpg
    nzq0v77zm3fe.jpg
    4z0vhpjojylt.jpg
    vu15pt0cv084.jpg

Ok thanks. Will pass!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Alright, I know my post last night was rather long and confusing, I apologize. It was just all so much to take in!
    Too much of anything isn't good and the snacks were delicious but due to the bitter/chemically aftertaste that became more prominent with more exposure, I would never recommend more than one ThinSlim dessert in a sitting. It also makes your pee smell funky, but I won't go into that.
    Today I tried their "Love The Taste" Bread (different from "Love Your Waist," which is even less calories). 50 per slice, so pretty comparable with some other low calorie breads I've seen on the market, only more expensive.
    I tried one slice toasted and another untoasted, to see how heat would affect it. For those unfamiliar with these products, they recommend you freezing it upon receiving the products and then keeping it in the freezer unless you plan on consuming them within 2-3 days, which then you may store them in the refrigerator. I've noticed some reviews on Amazon mention mold growth, so I'm assuming this is the reason why.
    Both toasted and untoasted, I really liked this bread, and nothing about it tastes or felt fake. It held itself together and had a very pleasant taste. Without being toasted it was slightly more chewy, but I actually liked this as it made me slow down and appreciate it. If It goes on sale it's absolutely something I could see myself buying again! This gives me hope for eventually trying their bagels (which I didn't receive in my sampler pack online). I'm really curious as to how the love your waist version compared.
    jpai6jw9nlfv.jpg
  • hgycta
    Options
    I also tried these, they were amazing o.o Highly recommend (especially microwaved)!!! sl4uvgf0ol5u.jpg
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    This isn't new but it's new to me. I found this in Target's freezer section. They have several varieties (I'm trying the sesame ginger potatoes today). I LOVE making my own roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic and bacon, so decided to give this a whirl.

The best parts - the cheese turns brown and a little gooey at the bottom of the cup AND they're only 120 calories! The bacon also has a really nice flavor. The sprouts themselves seem a little 'tough' (for lack of a better descriptive word). I'm on the fence with this; not sure I'll get them again for me, but definitely will for the family.

aghxmuq6lwvh.jpg
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    50d0c02934de6.preview-620.jpg

I'm not sure how i felt about these. they were very tart and flavorless otherwise. It was like regular english muffin with a few cranberries tossed in. I think i expected a more rounded flavor
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I also tried these, they were amazing o.o Highly recommend (especially microwaved)!!! sl4uvgf0ol5u.jpg
    I saw these at Krogers and debating picking them up. I went with some Pop Tarts instead but definitely want to try these one day.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I really miss the 60 calorie pop tarts packs.
  • hgycta
    Options
    vza9ze71fkfv.jpg

Sorry for all these reviews spamming up this page, I only have two more things left after this (brownie and that delicious looking chocolate glazed cookie).
    I'm trying their almond square; I tried the pumpkin square already and wasn't impressed due to its spongy nature and heavy clove flavor.
    The almond square is also fairly spongy, and for that reason I'm never buying more. The almond flavor however is really sweet and pronounced, and I'm not picking up any bitterness. That being said, I'm stopping here so as to not overdo it like last night. Great taste, but I wish it was in the cookie which was much softer.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    A few things I seen today:

1. I noticed Wal-Mart had the new Ben & Jerry's Salted Caramel Brownie Ale (I think that was the name). It didn't seem like a flavor I would enjoy, so I passed.
    2. For those that like Thomas English muffins/bagels I noticed they have a Pumpkin Spice bread for around 90 calories.
    3. Had a $15.00 off $60.00 coupon at GNC so bought Musclepharm's Birthday Cake protein powder (will try it tomorrow) & some more of the Combat Crunch Birthday Cake bars.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    @vinegar_husbands

That tart was really good! I don't know why, but when I tried mine it had a slight mint taste too it.

I noticed at Giant they have some kind of Chia squeeze packs that I'll eventually pick up.

Every time I go in a Giant I always have to look & see if they got the Wild Friends seasonal flavors.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Man I really want one of those tarts. I'm always checking the mail hoping for coupons, but so far, nothing...

I haven't seen the Thomas Pumpkin spice bread! Just the Pepperidge Farm ones. But I have some good old wheat English muffins to eat for now.

Nothing new on my end, still haven't got to try the Snyder's salted caramel pretzel pieces but with PMS coming, it's going to happen soon.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Man I really want one of those tarts. I'm always checking the mail hoping for coupons, but so far, nothing...

I haven't seen the Thomas Pumpkin spice bread! Just the Pepperidge Farm ones. But I have some good old wheat English muffins to eat for now.

Nothing new on my end, still haven't got to try the Snyder's salted caramel pretzel pieces but with PMS coming, it's going to happen soon.

I found these at Wal-Mart (different packaging) & these are imported from France.

7d85a7f3becc554a4c72f6789e30e8ed.jpg

Ah, these were so good I may have ate the whole box in a sitting.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    50d0c02934de6.preview-620.jpg

I'm not sure how i felt about these. they were very tart and flavorless otherwise. It was like regular english muffin with a few cranberries tossed in. I think i expected a more rounded flavor

I seen these at Wal-Mart & picked the package up to smell it, & the muffins smelled like perfume. With how bad/strong it smelled I had no desire to purchase a pack.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    @hgycta don't worry, keep them coming, thank you for reviewing, I have always wanted to hear others opinions of their products. So far do not think I will spend my money.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I found these at Wal-Mart (different packaging) & these are imported from France.

7d85a7f3becc554a4c72f6789e30e8ed.jpg

Ah, these were so good I may have ate the whole box in a sitting.

Oh man, I used to LOVE these, well, not lemon, but raspberry. If they come in raspberry, that's really dangerous, but my Walmart sucks so I doubt they have them.

About Thomas English muffins, I admit I'm not very interested in the cranberry and strawberry ones I found. The apple pie was disappointing. I'll probably stick to the regular (or wheat) ones from now on as it's easier to find things to put on them.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I tried the No Cow Raspberry Truffle protein bar today: pe4vehxemjhs.jpg

One of my MFP friends had recommended them, and this was the only flavour GNC had. They're not bad, and 21g of protein for 160cal is nice in a bar! The texture is reasonably close to a truffle, though it was strange at first. It was very filling, and tasted quite a bit like chocolate and raspberry. My only real complaint is that it left a strange taste in my mouth, but it wasn't lingering or anything (so water got rid of it). I might buy again and try other flavours, but they won't be my regular bar. Good for some variety, though.
  • hgycta
    edited October 2015
    Options
    wsk8libv8ekh.jpg
    Chocolate glazed cookie: sweet, although as with their other desserts there is slightly bitter aftertaste. No distinct cocoa nor vanilla flavor, just sweet. Despite flavor being lost, the texture is great; very soft and just slightly dense to hold itself together. Will order again if it goes on sale, but not in large quantities. I actually prefer the plain vanilla still (the frosting really doesn't add much like I thought). Eating only one is much more preferable than two or three! For the calories I certainly am impressed.
    Also, the bread is really really good and I still can't stop eating it. I love the chewy texture, it reminds me of Canyon Bakehouse even though it isn't gluten free! Very filling, but if you consume these DRINK WATER. Tons of fiber = you'll be backed up if you don't watch it ;p
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I tried the No Cow Raspberry Truffle protein bar today: pe4vehxemjhs.jpg

One of my MFP friends had recommended them, and this was the only flavour GNC had. They're not bad, and 21g of protein for 160cal is nice in a bar! The texture is reasonably close to a truffle, though it was strange at first. It was very filling, and tasted quite a bit like chocolate and raspberry. My only real complaint is that it left a strange taste in my mouth, but it wasn't lingering or anything (so water got rid of it). I might buy again and try other flavours, but they won't be my regular bar. Good for some variety, though.

I also tried this bar a few weeks ago & thought it was tasty in parts, but like you thought it left a strange taste. For some reason it had a really earthy/organic taste like they harvested it out of the ground.