New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Man I really want one of those tarts. I'm always checking the mail hoping for coupons, but so far, nothing...

I haven't seen the Thomas Pumpkin spice bread! Just the Pepperidge Farm ones. But I have some good old wheat English muffins to eat for now.

Nothing new on my end, still haven't got to try the Snyder's salted caramel pretzel pieces but with PMS coming, it's going to happen soon.

I found these at Wal-Mart (different packaging) & these are imported from France.

7d85a7f3becc554a4c72f6789e30e8ed.jpg

Ah, these were so good I may have ate the whole box in a sitting.

Oh man, I used to LOVE these, well, not lemon, but raspberry. If they come in raspberry, that's really dangerous, but my Walmart sucks so I doubt they have them.

About Thomas English muffins, I admit I'm not very interested in the cranberry and strawberry ones I found. The apple pie was disappointing. I'll probably stick to the regular (or wheat) ones from now on as it's easier to find things to put on them.

I seen they had Raspberry too. I'll have to pick them up once I get through my Lenny & Larrys cookies.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I found the Yoplait pumpkin cheesecake whips! Pretty much tastes like other pumpkin yogurts. Not bad. Still like the Oikos pumpkin pie better, although obviously it's not the same calorie amount.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I found that I like the Thomas cranberry English muffins. i also LOVE the cinamon raisin english muffins. I love to put different spreads on them. I have not tried to pumpkin spice muffins but i want to try them soon.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    1nan0t8f42sw.jpg
    Last dessert! Brownie: Much stronger cocoa taste than the chocolate glazed cookie! It was also a perfect consistency, felt just like a fudge brownie and was dense! That being said, it also had a stronger chemical/bitter taste to it and I'm far from feeling satisfied.
    My final opinion: great company, will be back for breads/bagels and occasionally an unglazed cookie/muffin or two. Eat in moderation due to high fiber, and each serving is generally more than listed serving size in grams, so more calories than label (though still considerably low).
  • Francl27
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    1nan0t8f42sw.jpg
    Last dessert! Brownie: Much stronger cocoa taste than the chocolate glazed cookie! It was also a perfect consistency, felt just like a fudge brownie and was dense! That being said, it also had a stronger chemical/bitter taste to it and I'm far from feeling satisfied.
    My final opinion: great company, will be back for breads/bagels and occasionally an unglazed cookie/muffin or two. Eat in moderation due to high fiber, and each serving is generally more than listed serving size in grams, so more calories than label (though still considerably low).

Bummer. Still looking for the elusive satisfying low calorie brownie, lol!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I tried the No Cow Raspberry Truffle protein bar today: pe4vehxemjhs.jpg

One of my MFP friends had recommended them, and this was the only flavour GNC had. They're not bad, and 21g of protein for 160cal is nice in a bar! The texture is reasonably close to a truffle, though it was strange at first. It was very filling, and tasted quite a bit like chocolate and raspberry. My only real complaint is that it left a strange taste in my mouth, but it wasn't lingering or anything (so water got rid of it). I might buy again and try other flavours, but they won't be my regular bar. Good for some variety, though.

I also tried this bar a few weeks ago & thought it was tasty in parts, but like you thought it left a strange taste. For some reason it had a really earthy/organic taste like they harvested it out of the ground.

I tried these and hated them at first, but now the "unique" flavor (pea?) is growing on me.
  • hgycta
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    1nan0t8f42sw.jpg

Bummer. Still looking for the elusive satisfying low calorie brownie, lol!

Have you ever heard of No Pudge Brownie Mix? It's actually been my favorite low calorie brownie I found so far! All you do is mix it with a little bit of yogurt (I've done just water and it was also good) and microwave or bake it! Shipping was expensive when I last checked, but my local Natural Market carries them so when I want some I go there :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I picked up the Trader Joe's chocolate pecan pie pudding because my sister asked for some pecan pie and I was in a rush.

I haven't tried it yet, but all of them seem to think it's too sweet. I plan on eating a little tomorrow because I wasn't in a pie mood. I hope I enjoy it because it would kinda suck to throw it out- I spent 8 dollars on the damn thing.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I picked up the Trader Joe's chocolate pecan pie pudding because my sister asked for some pecan pie and I was in a rush.

I haven't tried it yet, but all of them seem to think it's too sweet. I plan on eating a little tomorrow because I wasn't in a pie mood. I hope I enjoy it because it would kinda suck to throw it out- I spent 8 dollars on the damn thing.

I won't buy that one, probably way too many calories and my kids won't eat it, so I'll probably eat it all.

I liked the Cliff pumpkin pie bar a lot last year, but the pecan one even more!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I tried the olive oil and cracked pepper mayo and had to throw it out because it was too peppery for me, and I like things heavily spiced.

I like these, for example, a Costco find, though at 440 calories a bowl it's not exactly health food. It's good for a warm, filling, cheap, portable, quick lunch, though. Nissin Hot & Spicy Bowl Noodles
    lcx3g4lojiby.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    I'll have to pick up the Gingerbread Cliff bar for sure.

Went to GNC today and almost got the Quest pumpkin pie but I passed, I know a lot of people find them too sweet. They only had the chocolate chip cookie Lenny and Larry's so I passed too, as I ordered a box of them (they're still back ordered but I'll get them eventually, I just hope GNC doesn't end up canceling my order, I got them very cheap!).

I bought these because why not.

4D8481B9-C23C-B33A-40A4-9C970591F1A9.jpg

And yeah I did buy this too before they run out (and more of the pumpkin spice cookie butter)

trader-joes-pumpkin-cornbread-mix.jpg?w=394&h=499

Will probably make it this week sometimes.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    d00iv3j7hres.png
    ep7v2t1gyddk.png

@Noreenmarie1234

What did you think of them?

11906417_1143588828988654_742777252_n.jpg

My favorite was the cashew butter glazed donut, to die for 11/10
    The cake batter 10/10
    Carrot cake was good, but tasted more like cinnamon raisin than carrot cake 9/10
    Chocolate chip 10/10

I'm still debating if I want to buy these. Do they taste similar to a glazed donut/cake batter?
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I haven't read this entire thread yet, so don't know if anyone has mentioned PB2. It's not exactly new but it is quite an amazing product. It has a nice taste of peanut butter but only 10% of the calories. You can mix it with water and use as a spread -- but I don't care for it that way, as it's kind of unsatisfying (if you're a diehard peanut butter fan like I am). I mostly use it to flavor other foods: I use a teaspoon in my morning oatmeal, plus I put a little spoonful in my sugar-free fat-free vanilla yogurt, along with a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder. I highly recommend this if you love peanut butter and chocolate (and who among us doesn't?)...
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    This brand was new to me and the flavors I grabbed were really great! Both were on the dense and chewy side, the blueberry more than the chocolate. The blueberry one also had plenty of fruit bits. I would definitely try some of their other flavors. Yum!
    d0axfn9iva3h.jpeg
    xn6df7ua9w8b.jpeg
  • hgycta
    Options
    yyvxgqvfem5m.jpg

Discovered these at my local Natural Market the other day! The apple pie was decent, but I'm not a huge Apple person. The double chocolate decadence was AMAZING. When microwaved, I couldn't tell the difference between the cookie and a regular brownie. That being said, half a cookie is 220 calories and only 3g of protein o.o
  • roxyish71
    roxyish71 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I tried the b up sugar cookie protein bar yesterday. I grabbed one while I was restocking on quest. While I was mildly disappointed that there were no rainbow sprinkles :disappointed: it was freaking delicious. I loved how chewy it was.... kind of like a soft baked cookie.