Best cleanse ever: Wafer thin mints!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Needs to come to top again.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Bumping for visibility with the stickies gone. Long live the stickies!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,010 Member
    Options

Did anyone write to Alex and find out why the stickies are gone?

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/34104025/#Comment_34104025
  • diannethegeek
    Options

It was asked in the Forum Feedback thread over the weekend. No answers yet.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,010 Member
    Options
    Now there is!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/34117508/#Comment_34117508

The stickies being deleted was a mistake; we know how important that content is to new users and will get these back up in the next few days.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    This needs a bump today.
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Now there is!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/34117508/#Comment_34117508

The stickies being deleted was a mistake; we know how important that content is to new users and will get these back up in the next few days.

The running joke on a forum I moderate is that nobody but nobody ever reads stickies. It seems that however much useful info we put in them it's always the same questions sigh.

And a bump for today. :-)
  • DMS_WeightLoss
    DMS_WeightLoss Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well, I actually did a couple of 10 day juice fasts in the past. I'm not trying to say it's something that most people should do. At the time, I was already doing well as far as my weight loss goes. I went from 238 to 184 and decided I wanted a challenge, so I tried a 10 day juice fast. It was actually really simple for me because I had already adapted to such a healthy lifestyle at that time (exercising almost every day, kept myself super active at work, and counted every calorie). I wouldn't do a juice fast as a way to lose weight. I felt a lot better after the 10 days were over and started a vegan diet afterwards. But, that's all in the past and I've totally messed up my diet since then (I did that juice fast like almost 3 years ago after all). I wouldn't recommend a juice fast and I won't say how much weight I lost after it was done. I think these kinds of things should only be done under doctor supervision and if a person has no other alternative to their weight loss issues.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    This needs a bump today.
  • Mellb
    Mellb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! Seemingly every time I come to the community to ask or comment, the negativity blows me away
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Mellb wrote: »
    Wow! Seemingly every time I come to the community to ask or comment, the negativity blows me away

What exactly is negative? People trying to help others avoid unnecessary and potentially dangerous endeavors like a detox or cleanse?
  • diannethegeek
    Options

I've always found that arming people with solid information and helping them to understand that they can make this journey on their own without expensive gimmicks or dangerous routines is very positive. But I guess to each their own.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Morning bump needed. say no to the cleanse/detox/jumpstart/kickstart/whatever.
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This needs a bump.

Just had two more detox diet eejits block me on FB for asking exactly what toxins their miracle diets remove.

Funny how they can't answer a simple question. . .
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

There is nothing negative in telling people they don't need to torture themselves with a "detox' or 'cleanse' which will do absolutely nothing for them, and in fact may be harmful.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

There is nothing negative in telling people they don't need to torture themselves with a "detox' or 'cleanse' which will do absolutely nothing for them, and in fact may be harmful.

That's a really positive message