Looking for a detox/cleanse?

Options

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Spike_G wrote: »
    This needs a bump.

Just had two more detox diet eejits block me on FB for asking exactly what toxins their miracle diets remove.

Funny how they can't answer a simple question. . .

I like the word eejits . Lol
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Mellb wrote: »
    Wow! Seemingly every time I come to the community to ask or comment, the negativity blows me away
    Negativity? So, telling someone that torturing themselves is negative? Maybe you should stick around and listen to those who have have a mass of experience and wealth of knowledge instead of being so quick to judge. What has been said here is caring...being negative would be to tell someone that they don't G.A.S and to go ahead with the torture. Why should mfp endorse a dangerous practice when it's not necessary? Some tend to get frustrated as they're so tired of those who go against excellent information which has to be repeated over and over again as no one bothers with the stickies, or don't do their research. People make it so hard on themselves when it doesn't have to be that way. No need for 'detoxes' or any stupid rule for weight loss. Eat less than you burn....simple.
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    Evening bump just read something about a salt water cleanse.
  • ZeXea
    ZeXea Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Mellb wrote: »
    Wow! Seemingly every time I come to the community to ask or comment, the negativity blows me away

I've seen negativity before in threads on MFP and online in general but I honestly think this one doesnt have any. Or I havent witnessed any? It seems just happily informative and really positive.
    :( Perhaps you have this thread confused with another thread or something? No one here seems to be rude or anything at all, just trying to help. And the help is appreciated as I, for a moment, did think about doing a cleanse but steered away because of information here/from others :)!
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Asking people to think about their potential actions is not negative. We are emotional beings who want to believe that there is an easy, better way to do the hard things.
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    Its been 6 days, it needs a bump.
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    Evening bump for the green juice cleansers
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    A weekend bump for no other reason than to **** off any lurking Facebook MLM scammers.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    side steel. .. . .such a good OP.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Looks like this needs more bumps.
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    i was just thinking the same.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    bumping this because the holiday season seems to bring out the cleanse and juice fads...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Bumping 'cuz
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    bumping this because the holiday season seems to bring out the cleanse and juice fads...

'Tis the season to start bumping...
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Yep, New Year's resolutions are on the way. Weight loss and gimmicks to "jump start" it will be all the rage. ARGH!
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    Morning bump
  • KaleYogaGin
    KaleYogaGin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, and as many have said already: timely.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Wut? This makes too much sense!
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm addicted to sugar and want to do the Dr. Oz 8 month green smoothie detox. Who's with me?