WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    Miriam Congratulations!

Heard wonderful percussionists at a school Assembly today. I knew one of the players, so it was fun to catch up with him. Made the day!

:heart: Margaret
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    <--- officially a mom of two girls. Lovely day!
    Yay Miriam!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Well, I tried! One day I'm going to learn how to do that stuff right.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbie - the OHP is hard for all of us women especially. We don't have the upper body muscles that men do. I can lift 60 lbs but my form goes south as well. I deload to a lower weight after 1-2 sets then finish with good form. This happened when I started with the 12.5 lb bar as well. I will deload then work back up as well. Last month I went back to 45 lbs and worked back up. I use 1 lb wrist weights and go 1 pound at a time when I need to. Congratulations! If you were lifting heavy and need to deload that shows that you are making progress!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Miriam Congrats!! So happy for you!

MFP Advent Calendar
    Dec. 11th~ The Magi gathered precious gifts, of gold and spices sweet.
    A tribute to the Saviour Child, to lay them at his feet.

Was having fun with the camera and took this video of the Calendar and Tree. Photo Bucket is thinking about it presently.....

Hope everyone is staying warm and dry. NW Oregon is getting hit with alot of rain, and even a mini tornado in Battleground WA! Some of our roads are flooded here at the coast, so when it says HIGH WATER take heed! My husband has already told me my little Green Spark does NOT do well with any standing water.

th_100_3410_zpsrvpbzz5h.mp4

The rose on the coffee table is from husband going to the store early in the morning and buying it for me. He stated that I have had a rough week with my toe, and my temperament! He is so thoughtful. I zoomed in on the tree my three ornaments of "the three stooges" (what I call my three sons) Love to put the tatted sugar-starched snowflakes on the "fan" part of the fake tree branches. My Grandma Nelson was really talented! Hope you enjoy this first video of the tree so far. I couldn't resist putting all your names on it. If you don't see your thread name private message me. I didn't include the thread names of the friends that sent me their faces though.
    (((hugs))))
    Becca

• Annr
    Options
    If you can find your pic give us a shout out! I apologize for the fuzzy video, I am not great with those!

Becca
    Oregon
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Becca - great video! I love your decorations! The tatted stars are beautiful!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    Options
    thanks Mary:-)
    Becca
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    My DnL has said she might want a Fit Bit for Xmas. Can someone tell me which one is the best to buy? I know there are several version but I don't have a clue which would be best.

I would get her the Flex or the Charge, depending on whether she wants the watch feature or not.

I have the Flex and love it. You can change it up with different colored bands and the black incorporates well into a professional wardrobe. I secretly wish I had gotten the Charge, though, so that I had the watch, too. But if your DnL is permanently attached to her phone, she may not need that.

The reason I wouldn't get the One or the Zip is because I think it would be too easy to lose it or accidentally wash it, but that's just me and my carelessness.

The others are out of my price range.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Miserably stuffed - went to the Mexican Restaurant tonight with the kids; DH & DOS leaving in the AM to visit with DYS and hunt. Good time for all of them; and, DH can explain why we aren't changing wills and give them directions as to what we want to see done with it all after the last one of us 'bites the dust'. Good coffee now!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Miriam ... So very happy for you and the girls! New beginnings!

Becca ... Enjoyed the video.

Pip ... A decorated neck brace ... I want to see.

Bushwhacked again tonight but it was a good day. Breakfast was a hit with my Friday guys. A friend's father... Whom we prayed for All day ... Came through lung cancer surgery. Younger son had first migraine free day in over a week. Older son spent time texting with me ... And 3/4 of it made sense! Artificial Christmas tree is finally decorated (live going up tomorrow).

Lots to do this weekend! Have not done cookies yet ... No one here needs them but both sons have been asking when so will try to get some done. Someone mentioned cards ... I haven't opened the boxes yet so that's in the list. Probably no letter again this year...

Early morning tomorrow..: you get son playing basketball with church league... I'm not going but will see him off!

Have a good night!
    Beth in Buffalo..: where I only needed a ligh jacket ... Last year this time we had 7 feet of snow!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    t79003.gif Becca, I loved the video and seeing all your decorations and your house....thank you for sharing that with us (and, yes, I saw my picture)

<3 Barbie
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Miriam: Hugs to you and your daughters. <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Becca - Thanks for sharing the video. I did see my picture. Not sure if that's good or bad. :) love you're tree.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    hm 2 gym- 12.08min, 14.7amph, 150mhr, 2.9mi = 137c
    eliptical- 35min, 87avstpmin, 3045str, 10min @ 2incl, 1resist, 10min @ 2incl, 5resist, 10min @ 5incl, 5resist, 5min @ 5incl, 7resist, 3.82mi = 321c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.24min, 12.8amph, 140mhr, 1.3mi = 78c
    ride dome 2 hm- 18.02min, 8.7amph, 151mhr = 199c
    total cal 735

resist- resistance
    incl- incline
    avstpmin- average strides per minute
    lvl- level (rope pull machine, level 1-7)
    ahr = average heart rate
    mhr = maximum heart rate
    c = calories

View Full Report (Print
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Becca: that was so nice, thanks for the video!!!! Love the stooges, husband big fan!! Love seeing your home, very festive! Merry Christmas!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Becca, loved the video. I have some tatted stars also but i bought them at a craft show. Some have a way to hang, others I just lay on the branches.

Pip, agree, want to see Kirby all glammed up! Good luck.

Miriam and daughters, congratulations. What a wonderful Christmas gift

Heather, I wondered also about all the wires. I would love to see all the different trams together but without all the overhead wires. I was wondering what the quee is???? So sorry DH has a sick tummy.

I know that there was so much more I wanted to say but I didn't write anything down. It seems like most everyone is status quo, some having some holiday struggles with their food, others have the determination for all of us to be good, some don't feel good or a family member is sick. Allison, you have an energizer bunny inside you and it seems like the battery is going low. I hope Florida can help.

I almost finished my Christmas shopping today. Christina is supposed to get back with me on another gift for Trinity and some suggestion on a stocking gift. My stocking gifts are pretty cheap things but things that are needed. Like I will get a tablet of origami paper for Ellie. Some how I will make it fit in her stocking. I also get all the women in the family an ornament every year. I will get a magnet for my sister's DIL who never puts up a tree. So just some last minute shopping. Well they all have to be wrapped. and then there is the small matter that we don't have a tree up yet.

I don't think Charlie particularly liked the idea of going to see the Blue Man group, it messed up with his Karaoke time. But he says now he isn't going because his bowels are so messed up. I really do think she should have thought about that before buying such an expensive gift. I hope she can get some one else to buy it from her.

Nite, nite, Joyce, Indiana
  • katnat14
    katnat14 Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I keep seeing success with MFP and since I struggle with losing weight on my own I'm going to give this a try (again.) I want to feel healthy and fit. Since I fractured my wrist in July, I haven't been playing tennis, which I love, and have since become very sedentary. It's time to get moving again and improving my eating habits. Looking forward to coming back here often.

Kat in California
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Beverly from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

November began with the best of it intensions. ....then I kinda lost my Mojo .
    Thankfully I have a wonderful MFP buddy that fills me with words of encouragement and self worth. December has been much better.
    December goals:
    Stay within calorie allotment
    Say no to sugar
    Eat more high protein foods
    Exercise at least 3 times a week
    Log more meals