New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    I am 52, so old enough to remember when we only shopped for "in season" fresh produce because that's when it was the cheapest. I tried to impart this to my kids, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason now!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    i came here thinking, oh cool, new gadgets, now I'm leaving with a long grocery list.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    I don't know about other areas of the country or world, but marketers are onto the whole perimeter thing here and have been for awhile lol. It's mostly crap (as in low nutritional value pre-packaged mystery ingredient high calorie items - before someone jumps on that :-P ) once you get past the produce and meat areas. Even dairy has been moved to aisles in some stores.

I don't have any new discoveries but I'm always on the lookout. B)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I can't wait to try the Churro, but I still have one of their containers of the Spiced Pumpkin Roll in my freezer and that one's hard to beat ;) Turkey Hill also released some new flavors and I can't wait to try their new Red Velvet!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    besaro wrote: »
    i came here thinking, oh cool, new gadgets, now I'm leaving with a long grocery list.

I'm all for new gadgets too, just got limited storage space in the kitchen. I did have to buy a new immersion blender though because mine gave out two days ago while making soup (and I had to finish in the blender, which sucked).
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2016
    besaro wrote: »
    I bought a few slow cooker liners a while back and they are totally worth the price. They can be such a pain to clean without one.
    I really want a small convection oven for summer baking and a bread box.

Heb had a dollar off coupon on Lenny and Larry cookies. They didn't have much of a variety, so I just walked out with double chocolate chunk and chocolate chip. I also bit the bullet and bought some pricey coffee to get powdered creamer and these puppies for free.

bison-cottage-cheese-small-88669.jpg
    Also, I've had a lot of different cottage cheeses throughout the years, but Bison cottage is pretty dang special. It reminds me of Breakstone.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    my withings scale.... transmits straight to mfp and phone...
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited January 2016
    7336lp8x37fa.jpg

Picked up one of the peach flavour. They actually work! The tea is a little weaker than making iced tea by steeping tea the normal way and chilling it, but for a quick glass, these will do.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    The coconut dark chocolate bark it's Devine!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Had the Yoplait Whips Greek salted caramel. Same complaint as the Light and Fit one... not enough caramel flavor at all. Just tastes like sweetened yogurt. Bleh.

Yeah I didn't care for this one either. It's not horrible, but not worth the calories.

I tried the Chobani Blueberry Crumble 100 calorie flip & for being less calories it was pretty decent.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Triplestep wrote: »
    gchuhta wrote: »
    How come every single post is talking about unhealthy, un natural, highly processed, gmo, artificial ingredient, cancer causing, fat adding, unhealthy, fake, made in a lab, unreal "food?" If you are serious about your health and body, life, mood, function, etc..., try walking the perimeter of the grocery store, and check out some actual food. Trust me it's out there, you might be amazed.

Welcome to MFP and to the MFP Forums; Kudos to you on reading "every single" post in the few days you've been here. Maybe get to know folks and what goes on here before jumping to the conclusion that we'd "be amazed" upon visiting the perimeter of a grocery store :wink:

Exactly.

I love when people who haven't been here for long make snarky comments.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited January 2016
    Went to Home Goods today and found these babies. Pretty good, actually! Not too much bourbon; very balanced! qis0u9o870mb.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    23426271674_cf2bdc2819_o.jpg

From Impulsive Buy (those enablers)

I went & bought the Snickerdoodle & Strawberry Shortcake.

The Snickerdoodle was pretty good.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2016
    tx1Xd1Q.png
    This was a very nice flavor. It wasn't overly nutty and there were enough mixins overall. It kind of makes me want to pick up a pint of Americone Dream. I used to get that all the time.

HEB-Primo-Picks.jpg?resize=600%2C396
    I finally got to try the candy cane 2wisters. They were fairly enjoyable as well. The cookie was a little richer than a regular Oreo (I think I said something good about the cookie of the cherry limeade 2wisters too!), which contrasts pretty well with the peppermint filling.

I tried half of Lenny and Larry double chocolate chunk. I can see why people on here liked them.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    edited January 2016
    Saw this at the store tonight and passed on it but of course I'm sitting here deeply regretting that decision as I'm craving dark chocolate now. I'll be stopping tomorrow and I'll report back
    sd8d6rolu8yh.jpeg
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    5jraiot25jrj.jpg

I picked up three of these - one blueberry, one mango, and one strawberry - at Kroger today, and tried this one. The mix-ins are pretty good, but the yogurt itself was pretty boring. Strawberry yogurt has never been my favourite, though, so take that with a grain of salt. For 100 calories I think it's pretty impressive, but that's not to say that it's amazing. If I want a dessert yogurt, I'd rather save 210 calories for the Muller Raspberry Brownie supreme, for example. I'd say it's worth trying if you like Chobani flips and enjoy strawberry yogurt, but for me it's not worth buying again, at least not this flavour. We'll see how the others are!
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    5jraiot25jrj.jpg

I picked up three of these - one blueberry, one mango, and one strawberry - at Kroger today, and tried this one. The mix-ins are pretty good, but the yogurt itself was pretty boring. Strawberry yogurt has never been my favourite, though, so take that with a grain of salt. For 100 calories I think it's pretty impressive, but that's not to say that it's amazing. If I want a dessert yogurt, I'd rather save 210 calories for the Muller Raspberry Brownie supreme, for example. I'd say it's worth trying if you like Chobani flips and enjoy strawberry yogurt, but for me it's not worth buying again, at least not this flavour. We'll see how the others are!

I thought I was going to break my teeth on the Mango Cone one, the dried fruit was so hard :neutral:
    The rest are good. I love the Key Lime Pie (not 100 cal version). Today I'm trying Chipotle Pineapple.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited January 2016
    5jraiot25jrj.jpg

I thought I was going to break my teeth on the Mango Cone one, the dried fruit was so hard :neutral:
    The rest are good. I love the Key Lime Pie (not 100 cal version). Today I'm trying Chipotle Pineapple.

I tried the 200 calorie Chobani Peppermint Perfection, & it was just alright. I wish the yogurt had more of a peppermint/mint vibe than just vanilla.

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2015/12/18/spotted-on-shelves-chobani-flip-limited-batch-peppermint-perfection-greek-yogurt/