Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    If we're going with childhood favorites, where are my teenage mutant ninja turtles lovers at?

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

My sister and I used to get in knock-down drag-out fights after school because I wanted to watch Scooby Doo and she wanted to watch Mr Rogers. Mom made us take turns.

Omg, Snorks!!!!!

Before school I remember watching the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers & Nickelodeon.

I loved watching Saved By The Bell, Full House, California Dreams (such awful fashion), 90210, Family Matters, & I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting.

*edited to add*

DuckTales *whoooooooohooooooo*
    Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers
    Tail Spin

Yes to: Saved By The Bell, Full House, BH 90210 (still watch reruns when they're on!!! No shame!).

What about Boy Meets World? Or Wonder Years? Just the Ten of Us? Kate and Allie? Family Ties?

Does anyone remember the show with the girl robot Vicki? Small Wonder, maybe?
    And the alien girl Eevie? Out of this world, maybe?

There are so many more...

Boy meets world may have been my favorite show as a kid!!!

Not as crazy about the college years but that may just be me. I think I was in jr high when those started so that may be why.

Yeah, BMW was pretty awesome. I was probably even a bit old to be watching it..oh well, no shame. It was a good show and I'll still watch reruns when they're on! :)

They have a new spin off of Corey and Topanga's daughter... Girl Meets World. hahaha
  • kelly_c_77
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good list, Mo. From those, I watched all except Step by Step (I have seen a few episodes), Hey Dude, Dinosaurs, Darwing Duck (I haven't even heard of this), and Chip and Dale.

So nobody responded... Does anyone remember
    -Just the Ten of Us
    -Small Wonder
    -Out of This World

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    If we're going with childhood favorites, where are my teenage mutant ninja turtles lovers at?

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

My sister and I used to get in knock-down drag-out fights after school because I wanted to watch Scooby Doo and she wanted to watch Mr Rogers. Mom made us take turns.

Omg, Snorks!!!!!

Before school I remember watching the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers & Nickelodeon.

I loved watching Saved By The Bell, Full House, California Dreams (such awful fashion), 90210, Family Matters, & I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting.

*edited to add*

Tail Spin

Yes to: Saved By The Bell, Full House, BH 90210 (still watch reruns when they're on!!! No shame!).

What about Boy Meets World? Or Wonder Years? Just the Ten of Us? Kate and Allie? Family Ties?

Does anyone remember the show with the girl robot Vicki? Small Wonder, maybe?
    And the alien girl Eevie? Out of this world, maybe?

There are so many more...

Boy meets world may have been my favorite show as a kid!!!

Not as crazy about the college years but that may just be me. I think I was in jr high when those started so that may be why.

Yeah, BMW was pretty awesome. I was probably even a bit old to be watching it..oh well, no shame. It was a good show and I'll still watch reruns when they're on! :)

They have a new spin off of Corey and Topanga's daughter... Girl Meets World. hahaha

Mr. Feeny! Mr. Feeny! MR FEENY!

It was kind of odd how Eric went from being somewhat normal to needing a straight jacket nutso by the end of the series.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Arthur, Hey Arnold!, Ninja Turtles, the original Power Rangers!, Darkwing Duck, Animals of Farthing Wood, Ahh Real Monsters! (this might have been an Australian one), CatDog, Angry Beavers, Captain Planet...those were the days!

Oh yeah, and Sailor Moon. When I was little I wanted to be Sailor Jupiter, but when I got a bit older I preferred Sailor Mercury. As a kid I was always baffled why they only did some of the planets and why there wasn't a Saturn, Neptune, Uranus and Pluto. It took me until I was an adult to find out that there was more than two series and in the third series those sailor scouts did appear! (AND PLUTO IS A PLANET DARN IT!)

OMG! I always wanted to be Sailor Neptune. She seemed so empathetic and sensible. Sadly, there were only 5 of us in our group of friends and I had the long dark hair so I was always the fiery and passionate Sailor Mars. :tongue:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Arthur, Hey Arnold!, Ninja Turtles, the original Power Rangers!, Darkwing Duck, Animals of Farthing Wood, Ahh Real Monsters! (this might have been an Australian one), CatDog, Angry Beavers, Captain Planet...those were the days!

Oh yeah, and Sailor Moon. When I was little I wanted to be Sailor Jupiter, but when I got a bit older I preferred Sailor Mercury. As a kid I was always baffled why they only did some of the planets and why there wasn't a Saturn, Neptune, Uranus and Pluto. It took me until I was an adult to find out that there was more than two series and in the third series those sailor scouts did appear! (AND PLUTO IS A PLANET DARN IT!)

I watched all the bolded ones!

and I didn't know that about Sailor Moon! How did they pronounce Uranus? I don't think I'd want to be that one.

They made the "a" softer, more like an "uh" sound. So it was more like "You-ruh-nuss". She was quite the androgynous one, with a short boyish haircut and "boyish" interests, and they made quite the in joke about people mistaking her for a boy. In the original she and Neptune are lovers, but naturally that freaked out the American dub company who made them "cousins".

/nerd

As the series goes on ( @jthurman3 might like the open mindedness of this) there's Sailor Star Maker, Sailor Star Healer, and Sailor Star Fighter who disguise themselves as male pop stars and transform into their female sailor forms! "In the anime's fifth season, the Sailor Starlights are depicted as men transforming into women when changing from their civilian forms into Sailor Soldiers (rather than just being women merely disguising as men as they appear in the manga), which strongly displeased Takeuchi as she felt this undermined her rule that only girls could be Sailor Soldiers."- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sailor_Moon_characters#Sailor_Starlights
    ETA: 5th season anime never made it to the Americas because it freaked people out. :disappointed:
    /nerd
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Good list, Mo. From those, I watched all except Step by Step (I have seen a few episodes), Hey Dude, Dinosaurs, Darwing Duck (I haven't even heard of this), and Chip and Dale.

So nobody responded... Does anyone remember
    -Just the Ten of Us
    -Small Wonder
    -Out of This World

Nope. I think we moved past my time now.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I confess that I participate in debate-style threads but then I get SO done with the back forth way before the thread ends.

Same...And then I usually post a bang-head-on-wall gif.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    List of shows I watched growing up. Remember, no judgement.

Full House
    Family Matters
    Clarissa Explains It All
    Step by Step
    Home Improvement (Jonathan Taylor Thomas was my TV boyfriend)
    Tales From The Crypt
    Fraggle Rock
    Dinosaurs (Not the Mama)
    Hey Dude
    Darkwing Duck
    Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
    BH 90210
    Roseanne

Boys Meets World (How hot did Topanga grow up?!)

This is not a complete list, my brain just can't think of anything else right now. I may have been allowed to watch a little too much TV growing up.

I watched all except for the bold.
    I'm beginning to suspect we're about the same age. Lol
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I go through 4 bottles of wine a week! eek! I think that is my biggest set back as far as cutting my calories.

We were talking about alcohol at work and a couple of colleagues had the same confession. They were horrified when they realised the amount of calories. See if you could cut down just a little, so you can still have the treat
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

Omg, Snorks!!!!!

*edited to add*

Tail Spin

I loved these, and the one with the American school in Paris.

Along with clarissa explains it all, sabrina the teenage witch, Alex mack. there was a programme with a girl called Amanda zim? I did watch boy meets world and eerie indiana
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options
    List of shows I watched growing up. Remember, no judgement.

Full House
    Family Matters
    Clarissa Explains It All
    Step by Step
    Home Improvement (Jonathan Taylor Thomas was my TV boyfriend)
    Tales From The Crypt
    Fraggle Rock
    Dinosaurs (Not the Mama)
    Hey Dude
    Darkwing Duck
    Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
    BH 90210
    Roseanne

Boys Meets World (How hot did Topanga grow up?!)

This is not a complete list, my brain just can't think of anything else right now. I may have been allowed to watch a little too much TV growing up.

I watched all except for the bold.
    I'm beginning to suspect we're about the same age. Lol

I was thinking that too. :)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Confession - I haven't posted in this thread in months (I think way back in June or July). I am not going back to read all the posts.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession - I haven't posted in this thread in months (I think way back in June or July). I am not going back to read all the posts.

It's been slow in here. Just picked up recently. But we MISSED you!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

It's been slow in here. Just picked up recently. But we MISSED you!

It's been SO long!! Welcome back!!
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    @midwesterner85 I guess we both still have a chance to win the lottery-Good Luck!

@standenvernet If I win the lottery, I'll hire you as my PA.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I know - my husband and I spent the summer/fall setting up a new business. I work my day job which is a compressed work week (I get every second Friday off) so I work at our store on my days off and Saturday - Thank the man upstairs that I have a gym at my work otherwise I would have no time.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    No one's gonna give Doug any love?
    Skeeter Valentine? Patty Mayonnaise?

I used to watch Doug. Quailman.

Confession: I put a belt on my head and wore my underwear outside my pants.

I couldn't get the belt to do the cool quail thing though. :(

Doug! I totally forgot about that show.
  • marissafit06
    Options

I forgot about Sailor Moon too.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I watched all the bolded ones!

and I didn't know that about Sailor Moon! How did they pronounce Uranus? I don't think I'd want to be that one.

They made the "a" softer, more like an "uh" sound. So it was more like "You-ruh-nuss". She was quite the androgynous one, with a short boyish haircut and "boyish" interests, and they made quite the in joke about people mistaking her for a boy. In the original she and Neptune are lovers, but naturally that freaked out the American dub company who made them "cousins".

/nerd

As the series goes on ( @jthurman3 might like the open mindedness of this) there's Sailor Star Maker, Sailor Star Healer, and Sailor Star Fighter who disguise themselves as male pop stars and transform into their female sailor forms! "In the anime's fifth season, the Sailor Starlights are depicted as men transforming into women when changing from their civilian forms into Sailor Soldiers (rather than just being women merely disguising as men as they appear in the manga), which strongly displeased Takeuchi as she felt this undermined her rule that only girls could be Sailor Soldiers."- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sailor_Moon_characters#Sailor_Starlights
    ETA: 5th season anime never made it to the Americas because it freaked people out. :disappointed:
    /nerd

I didn't know that at all.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    Did anyone watch/play Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?