Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    So in 1.5 years, you advanced from getting injured by 115 lbs to lifting 415x7 like a boss.

We. Are. Not. Worthy.

But we are inspired.

Thanks! I wasn't trying to be inspirational, just that we lifters now have awesome tools today to further our strength goals like never before.

I think it should be mandatory that all gyms must have tripods on the floor so lifters can video their lifts and free Wifi. The gym I go to finally got on board with providing free WiFi.

Intentional or not. You made it happen!

And I definitely agree. Just in the past ten years, resources have exploded!
  • Carlos_421 wrote: »
    So in 1.5 years, you advanced from getting injured by 115 lbs to lifting 415x7 like a boss.

We. Are. Not. Worthy.

But we are inspired.

Thanks! I wasn't trying to be inspirational, just that we lifters now have awesome tools today to further our strength goals like never before.

I think it should be mandatory that all gyms must have tripods on the floor so lifters can video their lifts and free Wifi. The gym I go to finally got on board with providing free WiFi.

Thank you! I didn't mean to sound ungracious!

• Carlos_421
    usmcmp wrote: »
    jmule24 wrote: »
    Hit 500 with sleeves Saturday morning. Could drop a little lower but this was after some pretty heavy volume so I'm pleased.

These will be my openers at USAPL State meet in Phenix City, AL on Feb. 20 Bench - 142.5kg (313.5lbs) Squat - 205kg (451lbs) Deadlift 205kg (451lbs)

That's my man meat right there!!!!! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Remember that one time when @_incogNEATo_ thought he wasn't strong enough to compete?

A good laugh that was.

:D

Sidebar question:
    About how strong need one be to compete?
    @Carlos_421 .... You'll never ever never be as strong as you want to be. Just go do it. Try to get passing lifts on all attempts and let the awards fall where they may. You may even surprise yourself.

The day you start lifting is the day you are forever small and weak. Just go! I did it even though my bench press and squat are sad. I enjoyed it.

Haha, sounds like me. I wish my bench and squat numbers would grow as fast as my deadlift numbers have.
  • Carlos_421

We. Are. Not. Worthy.

But we are inspired.

Thank you! I didn't mean to sound ungracious!

No worries, you didn't. Just a cool kind of humble.
  • Carlos_421
    Oh and sorry for derailing the thread.

Give us more videos!!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    250 pounds for 25 reps. I know a few people who posted on here did this. These were done a year apart.
    My first go:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Woh9kBLdI
    My second:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoTfE2q59sk
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Loving watching everyone's lifts!

And just because learning is fun, my strength snatch from this morning. Might be the most fun way to warm up my shoulders yet!

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Hit 500 with sleeves Saturday morning. Could drop a little lower but this was after some pretty heavy volume so I'm pleased.

These will be my openers at USAPL State meet in Phenix City, AL on Feb. 20 Bench - 142.5kg (313.5lbs) Squat - 205kg (451lbs) Deadlift 205kg (451lbs)

Remember that one time when @_incogNEATo_ thought he wasn't strong enough to compete?

A good laugh that was.

Sidebar question:
    @Carlos_421 .... You'll never ever never be as strong as you want to be. Just go do it. Try to get passing lifts on all attempts and let the awards fall where they may. You may even surprise yourself.

The day you start lifting is the day you are forever small and weak.

This- is so incredibly true.

• Carlos_421
    JoRocka wrote: »

A good laugh that was.

Sidebar question:

Yup. Back in the fall, I benched a new 1RM of 225 and was totally stoked...until I came back in the next day and saw a dude warming up with it. Sigh...
  • JoRocka

A good laugh that was.

Sidebar question:

Yup. Back in the fall, I benched a new 1RM of 225 and was totally stoked...until I came back in the next day and saw a dude warming up with it. Sigh...

i struggle with the nihilistic nature of being a woman in a gym full of men. Between sets I watch men cranky out weight on a bench that I can barely squat. It's humbling, sometimes embarrassing, and forever frustrating.

But there will always be someone stronger- there will always be someone weaker- sometimes I'm the weaker person- sometimes I'm the stronger person- sometimes people look up to me- sometimes they look down at me. I can't help who I am- or what I do- I can only try to be the best at it that I can.
  • Carlos_421

A good laugh that was.

Sidebar question:

i struggle with the nihilistic nature of being a woman in a gym full of men. Between sets I watch men cranky out weight on a bench that I can barely squat. It's humbling, sometimes embarrassing, and forever frustrating.

But there will always be someone stronger- there will always be someone weaker- sometimes I'm the weaker person- sometimes I'm the stronger person- sometimes people look up to me- sometimes they look down at me. I can't help who I am- or what I do- I can only try to be the best at it that I can.

Aaaand quoting you on my whiteboard.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    250 pounds for 25 reps. I know a few people who posted on here did this. These were done a year apart.
    My first go:
    My second:

Nice @usmcmp! What percentage of your 1RM was that for both? I might have to try something like that.
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    My first go:
    My second:

Awesome job! The year of lifting certainly helped it go smoother and with no straps!

So much motivation in this thread!
  • usmcmp
    edited January 2016
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    My first go:
    My second:

Nice @usmcmp! What percentage of your 1RM was that for both? I might have to try something like that.

@McCloud33 It was a challenge started by Jim Stoppani, 250 pounds for 25 reps. I figured I had previously deadlifted 250 pounds for a couple of sets, so 25 reps would be possible. I learned later women only had to do 10 reps. I think I was around 165 pounds in the first video with a 1RM of 305 and 185 in the second with a 1RM of 350 pounds.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    edited January 2016
    My first go:
    My second:

@McCloud33 It was a challenge started by Jim Stoppani, 250 pounds for 25 reps. I figured I had previously deadlifted 250 pounds for a couple of sets, so 25 reps would be possible. I learned later women only had to do 10 reps. I think I was around 165 pounds in the first video with a 1RM of 305 and 185 in the second with a 1RM of 350 pounds.

I remember that challenge. It was pretty fun. My husband thought I was crazy.

Remember mine? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Q4k8vV8mA
  • usmcmp
    My first go:
    My second:

I thought you were crazy too @juliewatkin ! It was awesome to see you do it :)
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2016
    My first go:

My second:
    In your second attempt you just rip right through the first part quite easily.

And just because learning is fun, my strength snatch from this morning. Might be the most fun way to warm up my shoulders yet!
    Those look quite fun actually.

A good laugh that was.

Sidebar question:

And sometimes, you are both of those people at the same time. :D

• McCloud33
    My first go:
    My second:

Remember mine? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Q4k8vV8mA

In order to do 2x my BW, I'd be at 370x25 LOL with a 1RM of about 405-415 right now depending on the day.
    @juliewatkin ,you are a beast!
  • McCloud33
    My best clean squat- 245- I have a 250 but it's dirty and a hair short.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX_y_TXWHlg

Best DL to date- I'm happy at 295/305- but I pulled this easy- surprised the hell out of myself- was also long hard fight for that- very mental for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0t2WyXQhuA&index=3&list=PLOmtDNarwa39_N7cFUnRRX5R1YQ4EpXK6

@jorocka Love how excited you get on the DL! Wish I could get that psyched up when I lift!
  • JoRocka
    My first go:

My second:
    In your second attempt you just rip right through the first part quite easily.

Those look quite fun actually.

A good laugh that was.

Sidebar question:

And sometimes, you are both of those people at the same time. :D

very very true