Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Ate a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked- feeling super guilty since I didn't log it but was totally worth it

I believe this is my first post? March 22nd :) Going back and looking through the thread it's really amazing how many of us are still here! I do miss people like @BZAH10 and @Francl27

ETA- and I don't mean still on MFP as in still here since so many people log for years but I mean still on the same thread and still friends <3

Agreed! I see @BZAH10 and @Francl27 in other threads. So they're still around.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Found my first post...

The last meal I cooked was Saturday - breakfast. I ate out all weekend, and it shows on the scale. Not sure I even care. It was a good weekend!
    February 9, 2015 7:27AM

I remember reading that and thinking that's my life, not a confession
    . This year one of my goals is to eat out much less. So far, so good.

BAHAHA
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    I hope this thread is still around in another year so those of us just finding it now can search up our first posts. :smiley:

It will be! We will never let it die!!

th?id=OIP.M2c6d602fec1661016023da47c9ff7305o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    I feel the need to confess and this seems as good a place as any (particularly as if I told my super healthy work colleague he'd most definitely judge me - in fact it might be hard for anyone not to judge)

Last night I actually ate so much that I was sick! A definite new low for me and I'm disgusted in myself, particularly as I've been doing so well. Not sure what I'm most disgusted by - the fact I ate 'till I threw up ....or that my first thought afterwards was 'at least that's some calories gone!'

I hang my head in shame :(

On a more positive note- congratulations on making a year (very nearly)of this thread!

No judgment, but please don't do it again. :-) Go find some Fresh Prince of BelAir on Netflix instead...it's still funny.

Not a bad idea - I love the Fresh Prince :) I'm gonna try my best not to let it happen again - too much pain both physically & mentally!

You folk are all so lovely with the non judgement stuff aren't you? It's rare to see on internet forums. No wonder you've managed to keep this going :)

On the positive side - made myself go home and do insanity on my lunch break. Feel like dying now but also pleased I did it instead of wallowing in failure.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to confess and this seems as good a place as any (particularly as if I told my super healthy work colleague he'd most definitely judge me - in fact it might be hard for anyone not to judge)

Last night I actually ate so much that I was sick! A definite new low for me and I'm disgusted in myself, particularly as I've been doing so well. Not sure what I'm most disgusted by - the fact I ate 'till I threw up ....or that my first thought afterwards was 'at least that's some calories gone!'

On a more positive note- congratulations on making a year (very nearly)of this thread!

No judgment, but please don't do it again. :-) Go find some Fresh Prince of BelAir on Netflix instead...it's still funny.

Not a bad idea - I love the Fresh Prince :) I'm gonna try my best not to let it happen again - too much pain both physically & mentally!

You folk are all so lovely with the non judgement stuff aren't you? It's rare to see on internet forums. No wonder you've managed to keep this going :)

On the positive side - made myself go home and do insanity on my lunch break. Feel like dying now but also pleased I did it instead of wallowing in failure.

Nice! I have a serious love/hate relationship with ShaunT.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

The pain of eating like that is a great instiller of self-discipline. And it takes me a long time to forget a "food hangover".
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    YOU GUYS!!! I have ONE LAST PHONE CALL to listen to!!! I'm almost done!!!!!!!!!!

Whew!! I bet you're happy about that. Now I bet you wish you could just bleach your brain.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    It is taking everything in me to hold myself together.. Next Friday will be the one year anniversary of my Mom's death. Somehow it still hasn't hit me as being real...like, I know she's gone, but something in me just will not accept it. I don't know how to move on. It doesn't help that 15 days after losing her, my 15 year old dog(my first "child") died. The past year has just been a giant roller coaster. I have never been an angry person and have never turned to food for comfort until all of this. I have thought so many times about going to speak to someone...but I just can't bring myself to do it.
    I have been lurking this thread from day one..keeping up every day... and I am overwhelmed by all the support you show each other and the friendships that have formed. I feel like I've gotten to know you all through all of your confessions/comments/advice/jokes...and I can relate to so many of you. I guess I felt I could let it all out here.

Sigh...

This was my first post. Page 639 on May 20th. Natalie and Kellie were the first "regulars" to respond to me! <3
    I had 100 pages to go through too!

A very deep first post. Xo
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Great attitude. Move forward and be gentle with yourself.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Froggy how'd you find that?!

I just remembered the month I started posting. I went and found most people lol. I was bored at work yesterday. I'm gonna post it soon. :#

No judgement!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Ate a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked- feeling super guilty since I didn't log it but was totally worth it

I believe this is my first post? March 22nd :) Going back and looking through the thread it's really amazing how many of us are still here! I do miss people like @BZAH10 and @Francl27

ETA- and I don't mean still on MFP as in still here since so many people log for years but I mean still on the same thread and still friends <3

BZAH10 was one of my favorites.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    In honor of my 8000th post and page 1700 I have changed my username. FYI.

I noticed that! and yet quotes are still showing your as POFoster21

Actually, I see Oberon21 in this quote... maybe older quotes before I changed don't change?

Ah maybe. I thought they were new posts because your name/avatar was oberon

I meant older as in seconds or days before I changed??

You are Oberon WAY back in 1034 ;) I haven't come across any quotes tho.

And yay for running. You can do 7-10 miles for me. lol. If I were allowed, today is my 10 miler day. I'll have to settle for walking a few miles on the slow, uninclined treadmill (I'm allowed that and slow swimming as per my dr. )

I confess to being done one leg warmer that I made WAY too big so its a thigh high and is way bulky, but should be warm. Took me a week, Even wove in my ends. Now I have to start the second one. I think its awesome. If I figure out how to post pics I will.

I'm nursing a foot injury, plantar fasciitis that won't go away. I used to run about 25-30 miles a week, now I don't run at all. I have filled the cardio void with swimming, hitting the heavy bag, spinning, and HIIT, and of course, eating less to remain in maintenance (which is unfortunate)! But nothing takes the place of running, it was basically my church and psychiatrist's couch. I have been doing rehab and wearing shoe inserts, and have a follow up with a podiatrist in early March, so hopefully I will be back in time for spring.

I hear that really hurts. It is good that you found other activities that you can do.
    bw_conway wrote: »
    In honor of my 8000th post and page 1700 I have changed my username. FYI.

I noticed that! and yet quotes are still showing your as POFoster21

Actually, I see Oberon21 in this quote... maybe older quotes before I changed don't change?

Ah maybe. I thought they were new posts because your name/avatar was oberon

I meant older as in seconds or days before I changed??

You are Oberon WAY back in 1034 ;) I haven't come across any quotes tho.

And yay for running. You can do 7-10 miles for me. lol. If I were allowed, today is my 10 miler day. I'll have to settle for walking a few miles on the slow, uninclined treadmill (I'm allowed that and slow swimming as per my dr. )

I confess to being done one leg warmer that I made WAY too big so its a thigh high and is way bulky, but should be warm. Took me a week, Even wove in my ends. Now I have to start the second one. I think its awesome. If I figure out how to post pics I will.

I'm nursing a foot injury, plantar fasciitis that won't go away. I used to run about 25-30 miles a week, now I don't run at all. I have filled the cardio void with swimming, hitting the heavy bag, spinning, and HIIT, and of course, eating less to remain in maintenance (which is unfortunate)! But nothing takes the place of running, it was basically my church and psychiatrist's couch. I have been doing rehab and wearing shoe inserts, and have a follow up with a podiatrist in early March, so hopefully I will be back in time for spring.
    THIS! Exactly. Except, I have Spinal Stenosis, and herniated disks and I need to wait for the neurosurgeon to decide whether or not I need surgical decompression of the spine. :( no HIIT, no heavy bags, I can't even bend and tie my sons skates.
    I was up to 25 miles a week, as well as 10+ miles of walking as well (I live in a tiny town, so I don't drive anywhere) And so this inactivity thing just SUCKS.

I'm very scared that since I can't be as active as I was I'm going to regain all the weight I lost plus friends. Or I'm going to lose muscle tone, and be skinny flabby

Oh that would be so frustrating. does the doctor have you going to Physical therapy? does he have a list of things you can do?
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Susieq_1994 -page 11
    Crosbylee -page 14
    Tubbs216 –page15
    MoHousdon –page 15
    CooCooPuff –page 16
    Just_Ceci –page 16
    Bkhamill –page16
    Rungirl1973 –page 26
    CountessKitteh –page 27
    Quiksylver296 –page 31
    Italian_Buju –page 34
    Petunia773 –page 36
    Kecmw25 –page 36
    Ythannah –page 42
    Oberon21 –page 44
    Girldownsouth –page 44
    Angryviking1970 –page 52
    Westcoastjo82 –page 57
    Shibaears –page 59
    Spamarie –page 71
    Marissafit06 –page 77
    Orangesmartie –page 100
    Tigerny128 –page 127
    Misskalhan –page 145
    Peleroja –page 149
    Kellienw335 –page 180
    LBuehrle8 –page 203

That’s as far as I went (to my post haha).
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    We invited people over to watch the Super Bowl but got a nasty snow storm so barely anyone came. I spent the last 3 days eating little weinies and jalepeno popper dip for dinner. It's finally all gone but now I have to actually cook tonight.

It's taken me 2 days to read through this whole post (at work) because of having to click to another window when someone walks by. It was totally worth it.

I have a lot of Taylor Swift on my running playlist but I'm really not ashamed.

Found my first post, Feb 5. I should have used @FluffySandwich 's search function tip sooner, it was way easier.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    My computer is acting up today, It is difficult to post and also read what people are saying. Sigh. Maybe I'll try later. It has been a long time since I have been oaths thread. Im wishing all a good day.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I bought Easter candy half off today at Wal-Mart & ate two of the Cold Stone Creamery Eggs for a total of around 1,400 calories & not counting any of it.

I'm thinking this was my first confession.

Of course it's about food :p.

Mine was April.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Susieq_1994 -page 11
    Crosbylee -page 14
    Tubbs216 –page15
    MoHousdon –page 15
    CooCooPuff –page 16
    Just_Ceci –page 16
    Bkhamill –page16
    Rungirl1973 –page 26
    CountessKitteh –page 27
    Quiksylver296 –page 31
    Italian_Buju –page 34
    Petunia773 –page 36
    Kecmw25 –page 36
    Ythannah –page 42
    Oberon21 –page 44
    Girldownsouth –page 44
    Angryviking1970 –page 52
    Westcoastjo82 –page 57
    Shibaears –page 59
    Spamarie –page 71
    Marissafit06 –page 77
    Orangesmartie –page 100
    Tigerny128 –page 127
    Misskalhan –page 145
    Peleroja –page 149
    Kellienw335 –page 180
    LBuehrle8 –page 203

That’s as far as I went (to my post haha).

Wow! This is impressive.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I hope this thread is still around in another year so those of us just finding it now can search up our first posts. :smiley:

It will be! We will never let it die!!

th?id=OIP.M2c6d602fec1661016023da47c9ff7305o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

YES!
    Awesome movie!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

BZAH10 was one of my favorites.

Mine too!

Also, nice work finding everyone's 1st posts!!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I confess I'm a little nervous today, I'm starting a swimming routine to replace my gym routine and I'm afraid I'm going to go to the pool and stand out as the worst swimmer there, as I can't put my face in the water so I'm not very "professional" at the swimming thing.

You are starting something new. It is ok to be less than perfect and to make mistakes. Good luck.