Stay-at-home Moms 1/12-1/18

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    I have a 21 month old boy named Wyatt. Still working on losing the baby weight. I am very motivated!! Finally......
    Going to workout right now. Everyone have a great day!

124430.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Welcome to the group, Lynette! We're ALL working on losing baby weight (no matter how old) LOL
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    no dont throw it away. bring it somewhere like an assisted living place, shelter, anywhere really. that's what i do sometimes. I love to bake but it gets the better of me

You know, that was a good idea, and I made a call to the nursing home here and I am going to bring it to them when I drop my little one off at pre-school. Thanks for the idea, I have never done anything like that. :flowerforyou:
    im glad it worked out. it always makes me feel good
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    no dont throw it away. bring it somewhere like an assisted living place, shelter, anywhere really. that's what i do sometimes. I love to bake but it gets the better of me

You know, that was a good idea, and I made a call to the nursing home here and I am going to bring it to them when I drop my little one off at pre-school. Thanks for the idea, I have never done anything like that. :flowerforyou:

What a great idea-- I usually stuff it in my face the day before I'm scheduled to "throw" it out so it doesn't go to waste. Duhhhh.
  • DaniellaAnn
    Options
    This week is going to be a good week, I can feel it. I finally got AF, it was over a week late. Finally today Im feeling lighter, if that is possible. Im ready to start getting to the Wii Fit, and doing my exercise bike today and the rest of the week. I am babysitting from 9am-930pm tonight. And tomorrow I actually get a day off of babysitting. I am so excited, but I don't get to do anything because my DH works a double shift. This week I am hoping to finally see a loss on the scale, instead of the 2 pound gain from last week, I think I gained cause I was bloated, but we will see this week I guess.
  • sassymom
    Options

What a great idea-- I usually stuff it in my face the day before I'm scheduled to "throw" it out so it doesn't go to waste. Duhhhh.

Oh, you should have seen me yesterday when I was making it, right down to licking the spoon.:sad: I told myself today, I have to do it today!!!!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning moms!

Thanks for the warm welcome :) From what Ive read this sounds like a wonderful group!

I have no kids today so Im heading to the gym this morning to see if I can squeeze in a light workout. I hiked 5.5 miles (about 1/2 uphill) on Saturday and while the rest of me feels awesome, my calf muscles arenot being very polite as they are cursing at me saying ":grumble: :noway: " I used to hike all the time and really love it, so I am trying to get back into it but its a slow process since I am so out of shape. This was the first time I got out there for a "real" hike in almost 7 years so Im just glad Im not hurting more than I am. Its still the AM...so if i keep moving around today, the calf muscles will relax a bit. I know if I sit on my butt all day it will just get worst.

Anyway...all last week and saturday I was a champ at drinking my water. Not so much yesterday. I also learned that after a week of being on my healthier diet that eating a burger king whopper is NOT a good idea (duh! like I didnt know better!!) I had only that for lunch yesterday (no mayo, no cheese) and I felt it ALL DAY LONG. I felt all bloated and groggy the rest of the day. SO.. needless to say, I WONT be doing THAT again! :sick: Doing a GIANT You-Turn and getting back on track today!

I made hubby breakfast this morning (something I never do) and he was really happy with what we had. Turkey bacon, low fat american cheese, egg beaters on a whole wheat english muffin with 1/2 a pear and 1/2 a nana. All of that added up to about 300 cals. I didnt bother to tell him it was all "low fat, low cal" until after he ate it because he kept raving about how good it was..:wink: and hes still very :huh: of any "good for you food" that I make. He said it was better than fast food, which is a big compliment from him..:laugh:

Have a wonderful day ladies!! I gotta get motoring to the gym so I can walk during my show :happy:
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Can I start this day over again PLEASE:wink::laugh: I woke up late, so hubby and the 3 oldest had chores almost done but I still needed to feed calves so got that done then it was choas trying to get kids ready for school and to get them to the school on time so Anthony (3.11 yrs) did miss his suttle bus to his classroom ok so we made it PHEW!! Today the kids are suppose to get out at noon and then we were to have parent teacher conferences and the weather is suppose to be bad today also, so as soon as I got the kids dropped off I had to run to NAPA to get some 911 for the tractors for and then dropped that off at home and then cleaned up and changed clothes and headed to K-Mart and the grocery store needed to get diapers and milk before we get snowed in or frozen in. So while I was out and about I found out they cancelled parent teacher conferences and that the kids were still getting out at noon cause of the weather ok fine. Ok so now got the kids picked up at they are all home and I have no motivation to do anything cause it is just to dang cold and all I want to do is curl up and take a nap but that isn't going to happen. I really need to find the motivation to kick them upstairs so I can have the tv to do a workout. My eating hasn't been the best today either cause I have been on the go all day.:grumble: Somebody Kick me PLEASE!!:laugh:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Ok I seen this posted somewhere ealier but cant find it again..I've been really down n depressed...So what I would like from anyone of you all is to tell me what songs get you all moivn in motivated..Please help me out so I can get up off my *kitten* n get motivated...Thanks Dana:flowerforyou:

As you can see I came back..lol I'm addiacted to this place...I posted the above on another thread..But I know alot of u read alot on this trhead..I really need some music to bring me outta my funk...Please if you all can give me a hand...I would love it..

3BB---I love your words and u too Itchef* thank you ladies..I'll get outta this funk soon I hope..I'm gonna lose it if I dont...I love you guys on here hope that was goin to far..I'll be back later..To check on things..THANKS LADIES :flowerforyou:

Yay!! Im so glad! I saw your post earlier and was worried! Im pretty much in the same situation. Only a couple local buddies that i can really count on and it does get me down at times. If your interested in meeting new "local" people, checkout meetup.com. There is pretty much something for everyone there. I recently joined 4 groups there (hiking, photography, scrapbooking and womens social) and have found that the meetups are alot of fun and a good way to get out of the house and meet new people who like the same things as you.

As for music... I have over 100 MP3's on my player. My hubby is a techie geek and has more than 1000 songs on our server so I go on there and download what I like, then when I workout I can pick what Im in the mood for. I tend to stick to alot of my old rock favorites but also have some 60's on there as well as some newer stuff. Anything with a good beat and something I can keep a pace too works well for me, altho I dont typically listen to music at the gym cuz I tend to "sing along" and well... thats pretty :blushing: embarassing for me...:laugh: Nothing really sticks out as far as particular songs at the moment, but I'll pay more attention next time and send ya some suggestions. :happy:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Can I start this day over again PLEASE:wink::laugh: I woke up late, so hubby and the 3 oldest had chores almost done but I still needed to feed calves so got that done then it was choas trying to get kids ready for school and to get them to the school on time so Anthony (3.11 yrs) did miss his suttle bus to his classroom ok so we made it PHEW!! Today the kids are suppose to get out at noon and then we were to have parent teacher conferences and the weather is suppose to be bad today also, so as soon as I got the kids dropped off I had to run to NAPA to get some 911 for the tractors for and then dropped that off at home and then cleaned up and changed clothes and headed to K-Mart and the grocery store needed to get diapers and milk before we get snowed in or frozen in. So while I was out and about I found out they cancelled parent teacher conferences and that the kids were still getting out at noon cause of the weather ok fine. Ok so now got the kids picked up at they are all home and I have no motivation to do anything cause it is just to dang cold and all I want to do is curl up and take a nap but that isn't going to happen. I really need to find the motivation to kick them upstairs so I can have the tv to do a workout. My eating hasn't been the best today either cause I have been on the go all day.:grumble: Somebody Kick me PLEASE!!:laugh:

Kick...... hey you asked for it :laugh: :laugh:

I know how these days are cuz I just had one of those yesterday!! Only difference for me tho was that I got chauffered around by my 17 year old (learning to drive) daughter. I bet I burned more calories yesterday worrying than I will today working out at the gym... hehehehehe

PS.. dont forget your water today! That might help wake you up :)
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Good morning all!! Wow, you all have been busy today.!!!

I am really mad at myself right now.:mad: I think I gained back most of my weight that I lost. Is it possible to work my butt off and lose again this week, but some??? I am really mad!!!:grumble:

Any ways, I just bought the 30 day shred last night and I am excited to use it today. I hope everyone is doing well!!:flowerforyou:

Whenever I have any type of alcohol, my body "gains" for the next couple days after. Drinks LOTS of water. That seems to help me!
  • 3babybeans
    Options

KICK KICK KICK! My goodness woman! Reading all that made me dizzy! Go get your stuff done. You'll feel better afterwards b/c you'll have accomplished it! Seriously though, what a crazy day!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Good morning moms!

Thanks for the warm welcome :) From what Ive read this sounds like a wonderful group!

I have no kids today so Im heading to the gym this morning to see if I can squeeze in a light workout. I hiked 5.5 miles (about 1/2 uphill) on Saturday and while the rest of me feels awesome, my calf muscles arenot being very polite as they are cursing at me saying ":grumble: :noway: " I used to hike all the time and really love it, so I am trying to get back into it but its a slow process since I am so out of shape. This was the first time I got out there for a "real" hike in almost 7 years so Im just glad Im not hurting more than I am. Its still the AM...so if i keep moving around today, the calf muscles will relax a bit. I know if I sit on my butt all day it will just get worst.

Anyway...all last week and saturday I was a champ at drinking my water. Not so much yesterday. I also learned that after a week of being on my healthier diet that eating a burger king whopper is NOT a good idea (duh! like I didnt know better!!) I had only that for lunch yesterday (no mayo, no cheese) and I felt it ALL DAY LONG. I felt all bloated and groggy the rest of the day. SO.. needless to say, I WONT be doing THAT again! :sick: Doing a GIANT You-Turn and getting back on track today!

I made hubby breakfast this morning (something I never do) and he was really happy with what we had. Turkey bacon, low fat american cheese, egg beaters on a whole wheat english muffin with 1/2 a pear and 1/2 a nana. All of that added up to about 300 cals. I didnt bother to tell him it was all "low fat, low cal" until after he ate it because he kept raving about how good it was..:wink: and hes still very :huh: of any "good for you food" that I make. He said it was better than fast food, which is a big compliment from him..:laugh:

Have a wonderful day ladies!! I gotta get motoring to the gym so I can walk during my show :happy:

Oh, I LOVE hiking, too! Too bad I live in flat flat flat NW Ohio. Glad to see you back today! Good luck surviving driver's ed. :noway:
  • abetterme
    Options
    KICK KICK KICK! My goodness woman! Reading all that made me dizzy! Go get your stuff done. You'll feel better afterwards b/c you'll have accomplished it! Seriously though, what a crazy day!

Maybe that is why I am sitting here feeling like a zombie:yawn: :laugh:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    droppin in to say hello, have to catch up later, on my way out the door to Adi's doc appt.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Harley is now into 3-6 month clothes. (She's 4 months old.) So I finally went through her dresser and closet and put all of her 0-3 month and any remaining newborn clothes away. It was so sad. :sad: She started on baby cereal yesterday. Between those 2 things, it hit me. She's getting too big too fast. :sad:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    and when I had to do that with micah is when we decided that we weren't done at 2 (like I declared in the hospital after pushing his 9#9oz body out of my body), and planned our time line for #3. *hugs* Sorry, Lori. :frown: It's hard, but think of how fun she's becoming & all the fun stuff she's doing! :heart:
  • abetterme
    Options
    I know 3/4 of you are going to think I am TOTALLY crazy for saying this but I miss having a baby in the house. I have actually been fighting with that very issue for the last 6 months emotionally. I had my tubes tide after I had Elizabeth and we made that decision together that we were done. Hubby is 12 years older than I am and he said he didn't want to be in his 50's with a newborn in the house and getting up at night:noway: wait a minuet who got up at night with them. ANYWHO''s I was and am ready to move on to the next stage in our life but I have been fighting with those demons for the past 6 months and I think that has contributed to some of my weight gain casue I have been dealing with it by eating :cry:

Enjoy those baby days cause they totally grow up way to fast:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Good morning moms!

Oh, I LOVE hiking, too! Too bad I live in flat flat flat NW Ohio. Glad to see you back today! Good luck surviving driver's ed. :noway:

Yes, indeedy it's flat-- I think I can see you from here. (waves hi to Sara)
  • Marla64
    Options
    Good morning all!! Wow, you all have been busy today.!!!

I am really mad at myself right now.:mad: I think I gained back most of my weight that I lost. Is it possible to work my butt off and lose again this week, but some??? I am really mad!!!:grumble:

Any ways, I just bought the 30 day shred last night and I am excited to use it today. I hope everyone is doing well!!:flowerforyou:

Whenever I have any type of alcohol, my body "gains" for the next couple days after. Drinks LOTS of water. That seems to help me!

Whenever I have any type of alcohol my body does all sorts of things-- hee-- most of them naughty !! hee.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I know 3/4 of you are going to think I am TOTALLY crazy for saying this but I miss having a baby in the house. I have actually been fighting with that very issue for the last 6 months emotionally. :flowerforyou:

Actually, i dont think you are crazy at all!! I have 3 teens, had a good full time job and one day decided that It just wasnt enough. Talked to my hubby about becoming foster parents, went through state training for it, quit my job to be at home and just before we got licensed, decided that I had completely lost my marbles.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I decided that instead of all those sleepless nights and needing a sitter for my "mom time", doing daycare would be a better option. I dont regret the decision one bit! My kids are teens, so they help out when they get home but just being able to be home during the day has saved me...stresswise. I know THAT sounds nuts... but it was so much harder for me to manage my house, kids, homework, sports and a full time job. I didnt have time for myself like I do now. Now my house is clean, laundry gets done, I dont have to pack or buy a lunch every day or make sure I have clothes for work. I can cook dinner everyday and actually look forward to it. I have 3 kids part time, 1 full time (altho shes out right now cuz of a layoff) and I wouldnt trade my day job for anything in the world. I still get to experience the baby things, yet she goes home at 4pm and she's alot cheaper than having one of my own. I love the little booger to death and almost feel like it a crime sometimes that I get paid to watch her.. LOL!