"Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group

Options

Replies

• lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how tall are your boyfriends/husbands/ SO?

Hubby boy is 6'4", that was definitely a plus in my book the first time I saw him!

My husband is 5'10. Tall guys never wanted to date me. He told me he would bring a footstool to the wedding!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love this group! I'm 6' tall, over 300lbs (for now!), and am definitely discouraged by the lack of dress size change even though I've lost 30lbs already. I remember my doctor being very surprised when she weighed me a few years back because I definitely don't "look" as heavy as I am.

I had my second day at the gym today, and was spending half my time learning to use the weight machines just making it so my legs could fit in. So many short girls at the gym usually, I guess!

And count me in as someone whose feet have gotten smaller, too. I wore a 12 or an 11-wide, and now a bunch of my shoes are too big for me. Gonna have to go shopping (poor me!).

Don't be discouraged. Look at my stats. I am 6'1 and have lost 24 pounds and while I can see changes, I will have to lose between 30 and 40 pounds just to drop a dress size! I love being tall though.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options

Hubby boy is 6'4", that was definitely a plus in my book the first time I saw him!

my boyfriend is an impeccable 5'6''!!! LOL, 5 inches shorter than me! he always tries to round up his height and I'm always rounding down. The height difference isn't that noticeable :smile:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

my boyfriend is an impeccable 5'6''!!! LOL, 5 inches shorter than me! he always tries to round up his height and I'm always rounding down. The height difference isn't that noticeable :smile:

Rounding up and down thats funny. I do that to my husband. He is 5'8" but I always tell him he's 5'7" lol He swears he surpose to be 5'10" and something happen to stunt his growth. LOL
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hey ladies let me know if you want to incorporate monthly goal or challenges. I was thinking about creating a Totally Tall Women banner we could put in our signature. Just let me know and we can collectively come up with something.
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What a great conversation this is! I LOVE being tall at 6 feet :) In fact in my family growing up I thought I was short!
  • Rideau
    Rideau Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and love it!! I haven't worn high heeled shoes for years because of my weight, they are so uncomfortable but once I get down around 200 lbs. I intend to wear some high ones. I am so glad I read these posts, I was wondering why someone I know who is 5' tall lost 25 lbs. and almost 3 sizes and I have lost 23 lbs. and am the same size with a little room to spare.
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies let me know if you want to incorporate monthly goal or challenges. I was thinking about creating a Totally Tall Women banner we could put in our signature. Just let me know and we can collectively come up with something.

Love the idea =)
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I am 5'10" and love it!! I haven't worn high heeled shoes for years because of my weight, they are so uncomfortable but once I get down around 200 lbs. I intend to wear some high ones. I am so glad I read these posts, I was wondering why someone I know who is 5' tall lost 25 lbs. and almost 3 sizes and I have lost 23 lbs. and am the same size with a little room to spare.

I want to wear heels more often and much higher ones. I have some 3 inch heels I didn't feel comfortable walking in them at first. Oh but now when I put them on the DIVA just comes out and takes over lol I working on strengthening my knees and ankles. I think thats my problem.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options

Love the idea =)

cool! once more ladies reply we can come up with something.
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm down with that!
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options

Love the idea =)

cool! once more ladies reply we can come up with something.

Count me in. I could use a group motivation, and since we're all tall ladies, the playing field feels more even!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Cool....anymore takers on starting some challenges?
  • awyler
    awyler Posts: 78
    Options
    5.9 1/2" here, with long arms, as well as long legs....Can't forget about the difficulty in finding shirts with an appropriate sleeve length! Although, now that we're all working on becoming our sexiest selves, we should be BARING our arms, anyway! :)

Another bonus to being tall? If we gain 10 lbs (GOD FORBID), it's spread over a taller/longer area, and isn't nearly as noticeable as someone who is 5'3" and gains 10! BONUS! Then again, if we LOSE weight, it isn't as obvious, either. Bummer... lol

I love being tall, though!

5'9 and i totally feel you! my arms are so long... long-sleeve shirts- what are thoes? lol
  • josieup
    josieup Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Don't be discouraged. Look at my stats. I am 6'1 and have lost 24 pounds and while I can see changes, I will have to lose between 30 and 40 pounds just to drop a dress size! I love being tall though.

Haha, thanks! I just need to be patient, I guess!

I'm up for monthly challenges, too, though nothing too stressful, haha.
  • noni77
    noni77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yep - 'm up for a challenge. :smile:
  • ebilharz
    ebilharz Posts: 20
    Options
    5'10" and love to wear heels!
    I would definitely be up for goals and challenges!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I like doing weekly challenges so we can switch it up and keep it fresh.

These challenges are basically being done to help with endurance, push us out our comfort zone, to strengthen us physically and mentally.

I will post the challenge tomorrow and we will start it on Monday and end on next Sunday. Any physical challenge that I post doesn't have to be done all at once, but it must be completed daily within 24 hours. Even though it can be broken up in increments remember you want them to be effective so try to push yourself and keep your heart rate up. Post when you've completed your challenge.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hello ladies. I'm sorry I'm a day late with the challenge.

CHALLENGE - START 6/21/11 END 6/26/11

100 JUMPING JACKS PER DAY FOR A WEEK

I thought this would be a awesome challenge to work on endurance. Remember you don't have to do them all at one time but make sure they count. Get that heart rate up, keep your core tight and breath. Report your daily completion. Good luck ladies!
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Count me in for this weeks challenge!