Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Protein farts.

Taking son to doctor. His poor ear is still bleeding.

If they're potent enough to cause that, maybe YOU need the doctor...just saying...

Protein farts was a suggestion to Quik for her card.

Son seems to have burst an ear drum and is in a lot of pain. Still waiting on Doctor.

Oh no, that's awful. Please keep us updated.
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Protein farts.

If they're potent enough to cause that, maybe YOU need the doctor...just saying...

Son seems to have burst an ear drum and is in a lot of pain. Still waiting on Doctor.

Oh that is terrible! I hope he is OK!
    Thanks. He's getting worse and we have been here awhile. More than 1.5 hours

So sorry!! Hope he is okay!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I hate it when I realize I've missed good conversations in here. Right now I'm regretting having missed the pronunciations arc.

Jump right in! What you got?!?

Well for starters, is it pronounced sher-bet, sher-bit, sher-bert or sher-bay?
    Who was the guy that did his 666 confession in here and had some stuff like peeing off the side of the house and other stuff. He was active, then I think after that confession (some pretty personal stuff) he disappeared. I think he got embarrassed.

Maybe his cousin found out?

Sher-bet

Sher-bert

If I'm talking about it and the printed word is not nearby then it's "sore-bay", but if it's somewhere spelled "sherbet" then I pronounce it that way. We tend to see "sorbet" here more frequently than "sherbet" here though.

Sorbet is different to sherbet though. Sorbet is a frozen thingy sometimes given as dessert usually used as a palate cleanser between meals. Sherbet is a fizzy powder. Or have I totally lost the plot?

see my explanation from google. I figured when I saw the "some parts of the world..." part of the definition you might be from that part of the world. :p

Yeah I saw that after my post
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Protein farts.

Oh man!! That's no good!! Hope he's ok!!

I hate it when I realize I've missed good conversations in here. Right now I'm regretting having missed the pronunciations arc.

Who was the guy that did his 666 confession in here and had some stuff like peeing off the side of the house and other stuff. He was active, then I think after that confession (some pretty personal stuff) he disappeared. I think he got embarrassed.

Sher-bet

Sher-bert

If I'm talking about it and the printed word is not nearby then it's "sore-bay", but if it's somewhere spelled "sherbet" then I pronounce it that way. We tend to see "sorbet" here more frequently than "sherbet" here though.

Sorbet is different to sherbet though. Sorbet is a frozen thingy sometimes given as dessert usually used as a palate cleanser between meals. Sherbet is a fizzy powder. Or have I totally lost the plot?

As evidenced by the video I posted, sher-Bert is a sugary alternative to ice cream.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Protein farts.

Sher-bet

Sher-bert

As evidenced by the video I posted, sher-Bert is a sugary alternative to ice cream.

I confess - I didn't watch the video. I didn't want everyone if my office to wonder what I was doing... ;)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Protein farts.

Sher-bet

Sher-bert

I confess - I didn't watch the video. I didn't want everyone if my office to wonder what I was doing... ;)

But when you do watch it, your happiness will increase by at least 230%.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Protein farts.

Sher-bet

Sher-bert

I'm holding you to that!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Sorry you're sick too, Mo! But I'm very happy to hear you're taking Zinc! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure zinc doesn't work with stress! :(

See? Zinc 2x in this ONE post! :)

Was zinc officially added to our Bingo cards?! If so, O76.

I believe it was officially added.

Yes, I out a bingo ball for it in the caller basket a few.days ago. Vote: Should I add rewearing sweaty / smelly workout clothes?
    (you do realize that I have volunteered to be caller because the caller can't lose, right?)

@MelissaPhippsFeagins We now have an official card. Check it out.

I saw it. I think I am going to post the words and we'll play a weekly game. No free spaces, you must be the first to claim five different words in the week to win. Start with B and work your way over to O. does this sound good to everyone?

Oooh this is going to get vicious between Mo and Quik!

It will! I don't care if she is the fuzz. I'm taking her down!

Love ya, Quik!

Honestly, I'm sitting her trying to think of a good comeback and I've got nuthin'.

How about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FUB8SrlQAE

I love that movie! Stillwell, honey.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Sher-bet

Sher-bert

see my explanation from google. I figured when I saw the "some parts of the world..." part of the definition you might be from that part of the world. :p

Yes, exactly, we don't have the fizzy powder on this side of the Atlantic, so as far as I knew they were both just names for non-dairy frozen desserts (although the Google explanation claims that there is indeed some milk in the "sherbet" iteration, which I wasn't aware of and could probably not distinguish a difference between. I assumed it was an Americanised spelling thing vs our clinging onto the French.
  • quiksylver296
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Protein farts.

Sher-bet

Sher-bert

I'm holding you to that!

Um, that's three minutes of my life I'll never get back. I did, however, go to Amazon to see if it was a real thing and found this review... :D

vqc98mc1twr3.jpg
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Protein farts.

Sher-bet

Sher-bert

I'm holding you to that!

Um, that three minutes of my life I'll never get back. I did, however, go to Amazon to see if it was a real thing and found this review... :D

vqc98mc1twr3.jpg

I somehow missed this video...
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I confess that I used Saturday's hike as an excuse to eat for the next two days -because recovery food.

You deserve it! You need to refuel.
    :smiley:
    I am thinking of doing the DC Marathon... Looks like fun and I need a BQ... but not sure I can get myself fast enough in 5 weeks....

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ
    Recovery hike the next day (there are beautiful areas that are much easier than my most recent hike. We could take the tram to the top of Sabino canyon and walk down a four mile paved path) plus Sonoran Mexican food!!!!!!!!! And TKs pool plus @rungirl1973!!! And perfect weather.

Dec would be 2018 not 2017.
    I confess that I used Saturday's hike as an excuse to eat for the next two days -because recovery food.

I am thinking of doing the DC Marathon... Looks like fun and I need a BQ... but not sure I can get myself fast enough in 5 weeks....

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ
    Recovery hike the next day (there are beautiful areas that are much easier than my most recent hike. We could take the tram to the top of Sabino canyon and walk down a four mile paved path) plus Sonoran Mexican food!!!!!!!!! And TKs pool plus @rungirl1973!!! And perfect weather.

Well, you'll need 2018, too... LOL
    I'm hoping to get a decent time in California in May and then hopefully BQ in December for 2018.

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

I'm hoping to get a decent time in California in May and then hopefully BQ in December for 2018.

True....

And if we go together we can spend the weekend in Boston and be tourists! :)

There it is! It all works out so well! :wink:
    For the record - I am running to finish to marathon. That is my goal. Maybe TK will BQ again, if his calves will finally behave again. He ran same year as you POF.

If I'm going to run a BQ in December, I'm really going to have to start training sometime this year...
    And, I still have 15 lbs I want to lose.

I need to be training too. Blister still may need another day to harden up, it is pretty tender and my heels may be bruised. I may eliptical it for a few days. I have 8 of my 10 pounds left to loose. :neutral:

Did you do that on purpose?! :hushed:
    Nope. I'm horrible at phone typing though so we can pretend it was autocorrect. :wink:

Mel, Is loose/lose on the Bingo card? Because if it is, I'm claiming this one! I-19.

Nope. See. Here's the card...

kxridb29fa6w.jpg

That's the littlest 'bingo' card ever. I think you need more squares. Minimum 25.

Eh. It was an on-line template...

To do 5X5, with a free space in the middle, I need 14 more things. And I already added zinc. :#

how about washing your sports bra by showering in it. that came up a few times.

I rinse my swimsuit by showering in it. I'm just not that comfortable with my body as some people at the pool are.

Do I get a bingo spot?
  • Oberon21
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

True....

For the record - I am running to finish to marathon. That is my goal. Maybe TK will BQ again, if his calves will finally behave again. He ran same year as you POF.

If I'm going to run a BQ in December, I'm really going to have to start training sometime this year...

I need to be training too. Blister still may need another day to harden up, it is pretty tender and my heels may be bruised. I may eliptical it for a few days. I have 8 of my 10 pounds left to loose. :neutral:

Nope. I'm horrible at phone typing though so we can pretend it was autocorrect. :wink:

Mel, Is loose/lose on the Bingo card? Because if it is, I'm claiming this one! I-19.

kxridb29fa6w.jpg

That's the littlest 'bingo' card ever. I think you need more squares. Minimum 25.

To do 5X5, with a free space in the middle, I need 14 more things. And I already added zinc. :#

I rinse my swimsuit by showering in it. I'm just not that comfortable with my body as some people at the pool are.

Do I get a bingo spot?

Are they public showers? If so I would do this too.

I don't think so... as you aren't really washing it...you are covering up. But Quik and Mo always say I am too strict so I'll leave it up to them.
  • quiksylver296
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Protein farts.

Sher-bet

Sher-bert

I'm holding you to that!

Um, that three minutes of my life I'll never get back. I did, however, go to Amazon to see if it was a real thing and found this review... :D

vqc98mc1twr3.jpg

Don't go find it, @Oberon21! You will not find it funny. Just trust me on this one.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Protein farts.

Sher-bet

Sher-bert

I'm holding you to that!

vqc98mc1twr3.jpg

Don't go find it, @Oberon21! You will not find it funny.

Ahh got it. Bodily functions I assume.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Protein farts.

Sher-bet

Sher-bert

I'm holding you to that!

vqc98mc1twr3.jpg

Don't go find it, @Oberon21! You will not find it funny.

Ahh got it. Bodily functions I assume.

Yep.
  • peleroja
    Options

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

True....

kxridb29fa6w.jpg

Do I get a bingo spot?

You get a thank you from me for not performing the naked shower yoga favoured by lots of ladies at my gym, haha. Like, I don't care if you're naked, that's fine, it's a locker room, that's what it's for, but I don't understand why it's necessary to be contorting like that when there's a bunch of mirrors RIGHT THERE displaying your, um, moves to the entire locker room.

I don't know what they're actually doing, but it's weird and it makes me unhappy, haha. Ditto the ones blowdrying their nether regions.
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Yes, exactly, we don't have the fizzy powder on this side of the Atlantic, so as far as I knew they were both just names for non-dairy frozen desserts (although the Google explanation claims that there is indeed some milk in the "sherbet" iteration, which I wasn't aware of and could probably not distinguish a difference between. I assumed it was an Americanised spelling thing vs our clinging onto the French.[/quote]

You need to have the fizzy powder version of sherbet. Will rot your teeth and maybe make you hyperactive but it's awesome !
  • peleroja
    edited February 2016
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »

You need to have the fizzy powder version of sherbet. Will rot your teeth and maybe make you hyperactive but it's awesome !

I've had Pop Rocks and Pixy Stix and I think my eating-straight-sugar days are probably behind me...stuff like that is what you remember fondly from your childhood but when you actually taste it again it is NOT what you remember, lol.
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

True....

kxridb29fa6w.jpg

Do I get a bingo spot?

Are they public showers? If so I would do this too.

I don't think so... as you aren't really washing it...you are covering up. But Quik and Mo always say I am too strict so I'll leave it up to them.

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

True....

kxridb29fa6w.jpg

Do I get a bingo spot?

You get a thank you from me for not performing the naked shower yoga favoured by lots of ladies at my gym, haha. Like, I don't care if you're naked, that's fine, it's a locker room, that's what it's for, but I don't understand why it's necessary to be contorting like that when there's a bunch of mirrors RIGHT THERE displaying your, um, moves to the entire locker room.

I don't know what they're actually doing, but it's weird and it makes me unhappy, haha. Ditto the ones blowdrying their nether regions.

Ok, luckily I have never ever seen this. And Yes, 4 showers in one big open space. and EVERYONE but me gets completely stark nekid and I find it so disturbing. Worse was the lady who didn't even wrap a towel around herself to get back to her locker and STOPPED TO CHAT with some other lady and I was not going to go around her, so I just waited. ugh.. just too comfortable in their own skin
  • Oberon21
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »

Yes, exactly, we don't have the fizzy powder on this side of the Atlantic, so as far as I knew they were both just names for non-dairy frozen desserts (although the Google explanation claims that there is indeed some milk in the "sherbet" iteration, which I wasn't aware of and could probably not distinguish a difference between. I assumed it was an Americanised spelling thing vs our clinging onto the French.[/quote]

You need to have the fizzy powder version of sherbet. Will rot your teeth and maybe make you hyperactive but it's awesome ![/quote]

I may need to try this when I am in England...