Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    For those in the US and the Brits celebrating the 4th along with us what are your weekend plans?

I am going to my mom's in Long Island and getting 2 long rides in to Montauk on my bike and at least one swim. My sister and her husband are visiting from Seattle too. I may cook Saturday if I can fit it in. Back at barn to work Sunday. Anyone have any fun things planned?

That sounds nice, is that far from you?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju that took a lot to share that all. I just want to echo everyone else in saying that we're here for you however we can be. And I send you a hug as well and hope you and your sister can move past the damage your mother did to your relationship.

That was very nice of those people to donate to the bike fund.

<3
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Ok, I am just gonna gab for a bit if that is alright. This is mostly about crappy health stuff, so if you are not interested just skip on by, but I felt that I have some friendships here that might be the best support I have for this particular issue.

Yesterday I went and saw my chronic disease nurse practitioner, whom I see every eight weeks. She gives me my shot, and I get an hour block to discuss any problems that might crop up etc.

In January when she weighed me, I was at 395lbs, my all time heaviest. I take three medications that cause weight gain, and while she has never seemed concerned before, she was worried about me hitting, and surpassing, the 400lbs mark. She told me that she got a note from my GP saying that she would like me to lose about 50lbs, so that I was at least out of the 'danger zone', so to speak.

The thing is, I have a LOT of heath issues, mostly cause by long term diabetes. I only have one kidney, obviously I am insulin dependent, I have uterine tumors that the shots I get barely control, I have some nerve damage in my left foot, I have degenerative arthritis in my right hip that is really painful, plus I have had carpel tunnel for 18+ years, tennis elbow and trigger thumb in both arms/hands. I have chronic disease anemia, which not only causes me to have low hemoglobin all the time, causing fatigue and shortness of breath, but for some reason unknown right now, I do not produce enough red blood cells. I also have to take medications that may lead to other problems down the road...like I am on three medications right now that my NP said yesterday she is worried may lead to osteoporosis, even though I am on a crap load of vitamins etc.

On top of all this, I have a pretty bad case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Now, I know a lot of people say they have OCD about this or that, but I mean I have actual OCD that causes me to require a LOT more down time than the average person or I will not sleep at all....I have to have enough time to have done all my rituals AND have some down time to relax, so several hours. For example, if I have to work at 7am, I literally need to be home by about 5pm for the night, or there is no way I am making it. And if I skimp on sleep, I get dizzy spells because of the low red blood cells.

I literally meticulously plan everything, because of the time contrasts I live with. One last thing on that, I get a full blood panel done every three months like clockwork, and other than the low red blood cells, I am on target for everything.

Ok, I may have gotten a little off topic, back to the first thing.......

I have never really tried to lose weight much before, like I would have a random DR mention it or something, but never really bothered. I always stay active, I have had my Y membership for over 20 years, not just recently since being told that or anything, because at my size you HAVE to stay active or you are done for. So, I batted down and lost 20lbs, and then my SO came home from being away, and he feeds me like I am a small nation....like literally if he packs my lunch for work I am scared to open it in front of people cuz it looks like I am staying for the weekend. And then my daughter came home from school after her first year away, and she is a night hawk, so I spent several weeks staying up late gabbing with her, eating junk food and sleeping through my gym time.

I am right back to where I started, and I have adjusted my scale thing here to show.

On my way to my appt yesterday I was nervous that my NP was gonna weigh me and see that I made NO progress in six months.....but something weird happened....she was talking to me about my hip and brought up losing 50lbs again, like she never remembered she had told me that before. I played along because I did not know what to do. I know her pretty well, I have been seeing her every 6-8 weeks for years, so I am 100% positive she had no idea she brought it up before.

The problem is I am having a really really hard time getting back on track. I bought myself a professional grade food scale, I have a good scale to weigh myself, a membership at the Y, all the tools I need, EXCEPT the ability to not over eat when I am stressed, and just having OCD makes me stressed most of the time. One doctor explained it like this: most people have a stress meter that is about half full at most times. So if you picture it like a glass of water, half full, and when stressful things happen, a bit of water is added each time,, and taken back away when resolved......but because of my OCD, my glass is always full to the brim, so anything extra over loads me right away.

I find I do not use the food scale much, because I am always in a rush to eat or leave so I throw things in a bag and out the door. I do go to the gym a couple times a week, but do miss days because I have too many other things to do. I am at a loss.

I feel that I really want to be able to show the NP that I made the effort. I do not see her again until the end of August, unless I need something. And I would like to make SOME progress by then. She did say that she understands how difficult it is to even just not gain while taking the three meds that cause it, but I know it is what I am eating, I am not stupid.

It is not my activity level either, because I am on my feet all day at work, and am very active on my days off. Even yesterday, I was off work, and did not make it to the gym, but still made my 10K steps without extra effort just doing all the things I need to get done that day.

Now that I am at the end of this post I am just sitting here staring at my screen because I do not know how to end this, lol, I do not really have a specific question or anything, I more feel like I just wanted to get this off my chest and feel you guys would listen/understand more then most of my people IRL.

SORRY IT WAS SO LONG!

ETA - I only have OCD, sometimes it is coupled with depression or even social anxiety, so I didn't know if anyone would think that, but I am generally a very happy person and have no issue being in public, or even public speaking etc.

I don't really have any words for all this. I can't imagine how you get through every day and yet you do. On top of that you are here with us supporting and offering wishes and sympathies to others! It is a true testament to what a wonderful person you are. Please know that we all have your back and will support you anyway we can even if its only to read and try to empathize with how full your plate truly is,

This.

And it sounds like your stress glass has been overflowing recently, that was heartbreaking to read about the thefts of your son's bikes.

I can empathize with the sleep issues. Although I don't have OCD, if I don't wind down and follow my set nighttime routine, there's no way I'm falling asleep... for hours.

Thanks
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    We're having a heat wave in the UK. Not only is it over 30C which is pretty rare for us, but it's super humid and I can't cope. Crap sleep, sticking to the sofa, can't get comfy. And now I have super sexy heat rash spots all over my fingers (always happens when I get too hot for too long) which itch like crazy so I have to cover them with plasters.

I've eaten a lot of ice cream. It was medicinal. So there...

Oh that sucks! I feel for you!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I added extra water to my protein shake to make it last longer. It's gross. I won't be doing that again.

LOL
    If you did not add extra 'other stuff' isn't it just watered down shake? Well, I guess you know that now!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

Here is a perfect example, when I was 11 years old I choked on pizza and it lodged into my lung and I spent a couple of weeks on life support, and several months in the hospital. My sister was a couple hours away at school, and my mother never called and told her. She just happened to call home one day to check in and that is how she found out. Even though she rushed up to see me, I still have those weird doubts in my mind.

That is crazy! From the sibling's point of view, I would be furious at my mother if something like that happened to one of my brothers and she didn't bother telling me. I'm also a couple of hours away from the family, it's no excuse. I hope you have a good relationship with your sister despite your mother's actions. Enjoy your family time!
    Thanks!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    For those in the US and the Brits celebrating the 4th along with us what are your weekend plans?

I am going to my mom's in Long Island and getting 2 long rides in to Montauk on my bike and at least one swim. My sister and her husband are visiting from Seattle too. I may cook Saturday if I can fit it in. Back at barn to work Sunday. Anyone have any fun things planned?

That sounds like a fun weekend! We are going to a friend's house for a pool party and cookout on Saturday. Trying to keep it low key and inexpensive since July will be an expensive month. I have a girl's weekend, we are going to Illinois to visit my family, and our son's birthday is early August.

Hoping the thread is slow over the weekend, so we don't have too many pages to catch up on when we come back on Monday!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am just gonna gab for a bit if that is alright. This is mostly about crappy health stuff, so if you are not interested just skip on by, but I felt that I have some friendships here that might be the best support I have for this particular issue.

Yesterday I went and saw my chronic disease nurse practitioner, whom I see every eight weeks. She gives me my shot, and I get an hour block to discuss any problems that might crop up etc.

In January when she weighed me, I was at 395lbs, my all time heaviest. I take three medications that cause weight gain, and while she has never seemed concerned before, she was worried about me hitting, and surpassing, the 400lbs mark. She told me that she got a note from my GP saying that she would like me to lose about 50lbs, so that I was at least out of the 'danger zone', so to speak.

The thing is, I have a LOT of heath issues, mostly cause by long term diabetes. I only have one kidney, obviously I am insulin dependent, I have uterine tumors that the shots I get barely control, I have some nerve damage in my left foot, I have degenerative arthritis in my right hip that is really painful, plus I have had carpel tunnel for 18+ years, tennis elbow and trigger thumb in both arms/hands. I have chronic disease anemia, which not only causes me to have low hemoglobin all the time, causing fatigue and shortness of breath, but for some reason unknown right now, I do not produce enough red blood cells. I also have to take medications that may lead to other problems down the road...like I am on three medications right now that my NP said yesterday she is worried may lead to osteoporosis, even though I am on a crap load of vitamins etc.

On top of all this, I have a pretty bad case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Now, I know a lot of people say they have OCD about this or that, but I mean I have actual OCD that causes me to require a LOT more down time than the average person or I will not sleep at all....I have to have enough time to have done all my rituals AND have some down time to relax, so several hours. For example, if I have to work at 7am, I literally need to be home by about 5pm for the night, or there is no way I am making it. And if I skimp on sleep, I get dizzy spells because of the low red blood cells.

I literally meticulously plan everything, because of the time contrasts I live with. One last thing on that, I get a full blood panel done every three months like clockwork, and other than the low red blood cells, I am on target for everything.

Ok, I may have gotten a little off topic, back to the first thing.......

I have never really tried to lose weight much before, like I would have a random DR mention it or something, but never really bothered. I always stay active, I have had my Y membership for over 20 years, not just recently since being told that or anything, because at my size you HAVE to stay active or you are done for. So, I batted down and lost 20lbs, and then my SO came home from being away, and he feeds me like I am a small nation....like literally if he packs my lunch for work I am scared to open it in front of people cuz it looks like I am staying for the weekend. And then my daughter came home from school after her first year away, and she is a night hawk, so I spent several weeks staying up late gabbing with her, eating junk food and sleeping through my gym time.

I am right back to where I started, and I have adjusted my scale thing here to show.

On my way to my appt yesterday I was nervous that my NP was gonna weigh me and see that I made NO progress in six months.....but something weird happened....she was talking to me about my hip and brought up losing 50lbs again, like she never remembered she had told me that before. I played along because I did not know what to do. I know her pretty well, I have been seeing her every 6-8 weeks for years, so I am 100% positive she had no idea she brought it up before.

The problem is I am having a really really hard time getting back on track. I bought myself a professional grade food scale, I have a good scale to weigh myself, a membership at the Y, all the tools I need, EXCEPT the ability to not over eat when I am stressed, and just having OCD makes me stressed most of the time. One doctor explained it like this: most people have a stress meter that is about half full at most times. So if you picture it like a glass of water, half full, and when stressful things happen, a bit of water is added each time,, and taken back away when resolved......but because of my OCD, my glass is always full to the brim, so anything extra over loads me right away.

I find I do not use the food scale much, because I am always in a rush to eat or leave so I throw things in a bag and out the door. I do go to the gym a couple times a week, but do miss days because I have too many other things to do. I am at a loss.

I feel that I really want to be able to show the NP that I made the effort. I do not see her again until the end of August, unless I need something. And I would like to make SOME progress by then. She did say that she understands how difficult it is to even just not gain while taking the three meds that cause it, but I know it is what I am eating, I am not stupid.

It is not my activity level either, because I am on my feet all day at work, and am very active on my days off. Even yesterday, I was off work, and did not make it to the gym, but still made my 10K steps without extra effort just doing all the things I need to get done that day.

Now that I am at the end of this post I am just sitting here staring at my screen because I do not know how to end this, lol, I do not really have a specific question or anything, I more feel like I just wanted to get this off my chest and feel you guys would listen/understand more then most of my people IRL.

SORRY IT WAS SO LONG!

ETA - I only have OCD, sometimes it is coupled with depression or even social anxiety, so I didn't know if anyone would think that, but I am generally a very happy person and have no issue being in public, or even public speaking etc.

I don't really have any words for all this. I can't imagine how you get through every day and yet you do. On top of that you are here with us supporting and offering wishes and sympathies to others! It is a true testament to what a wonderful person you are. Please know that we all have your back and will support you anyway we can even if its only to read and try to empathize with how full your plate truly is,

I really had no idea how to respond to this, but I think @riderfangal just said exactly what I was thinking.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Last day at work until next Tuesday! Bad news: my eating has caused the scale to go from 137 to 145 this morning :s:# Ah can't change the past can only go forward. Which is what I'm going to try to do!

As for the 4th, here in Columbus they have an event every year called Red, White, and Boom so I'll go to that tomorrow (after sleeping in and a hard workout) with the family! Then Saturday and Sunday I'll probably head home to Dayton to see my other siblings and relax. Family dinner on Sunday then I'll head back to Cbus so I can enjoy my day off from work on Monday ahhh can't wait!! Hope everyone else has a great Fourth, yayyy for being an American! <3

Sounds fabulous. And definitely yay for bring American! And Canadian. And Saudi Arabian. And British! :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju, I'm so sorry for all of your struggles. Weight loss is tough for everyone...so taking medication(s) that cause a gain is definitely not going to make it any easier. That's tough! Have you gone to or considered therapy for your OCD? The way your Dr. described it makes it much easier to understand. Most people think being a germophobe and needing things clean means you're OCD...nope. Again, sorry! Sleep is so important to weight loss and just general well being (I struggle with sleep too) so it stinks that you can't get that part taken care of. I know for me, like today, I make very poor food choices when I'm low on sleep. I know you have a ton of other stuff keeping you busy...but is there any way to squeeze in a little time for food prep/using your scale? Like, dedicate one of your days off to just prepping a crap-ton of food for the week? I really don't know...just grabbing at straws(that's an expression, right?).
    Good luck with your upcoming appointment...hopefully things can start looking up by then (no more bikes being stolen, problems with your SO, etc..) and you can show your Dr. that you have made some progress! Hang in there. We're all here...even just to listen when you need to vent. <3

Sorry that I'm horrible with advice and using my words. :(

I was thinking the same thing. There was that girl who posted about all the food prep she does back at the beginning like weighing our her cereal and stuff for the week. If I had the space I would completely do this.
    Also I think words are needed with the SO about the food portions. He needs to understand you can't eat that much. If that's not a possibility (it took mine a significant amount of time to understand this) I know it is a waste of food and money, but throw or give it away. Or just be like "Phew I can't eat anymore, you have it" After you have eaten the correct portion size.

and also this
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju I wish I had a magic wand. Take baby steps and we will cheer you on.

I do not always eat everything he gives me, or I would be about 600lbs by now I am sure! But it is a lot easier to overeat when you have a giant mountain of food in front of you. He cooks big in general too, I am always bitching at him about wasting rice because he will make rice for what looks like 40 people for four of us :|

I recently told him I needed to start weighing my food to have better blood sugar control because it will help me know exactly how much insulin to take. He seemed to buy that, but now I just have to get on the ball and weigh the food!

*I can't tell him it is for weigh control or even that the DR asked me to lose a bit of weight because then I will get a lecture on how North Americans think being fat is a crime and how terrible it is and on and on and on.....I have literally doubled in size in the years we have been together and he always just tells me it is fine.....and for the record, he is of normal size....now that we are a bit older he has a bit of a belly, but nothing out of the ordinary.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Ok, I give up!

Seriously, I GIVE UP!

I had an important appointment today that I thought was at 3pm, turns out it was at 2pm. I am not even sure how that happened because that is very unlike me.

Then, just now, my son texts me, to tell me that HIS NEW BIKE THAT HE JUST BOUGHT LAST FRIDAY JUST GOT STOLEN FROM HIS PLACE OF WORK. Are you kidding me?? Not only is that two bikes in seven days, but he just spent nearly $300 FIVE DAYS AGO, and it is gone! He is a 17 year old kid, that is a lot of money to him.....sadly, it is a lot of money to me too, so I am not even sure how much I can help him out.

And he needs a bike to get to work, it is not like he is riding it for fun. He literally uses it for transportation to and from work! Now, he is gonna have to walk the 35 minute walk again for who knows how long until he gets another bike.

I feel terrible for him, I am truly gutted.

does his workplace have cameras??
    did he report it? that's so crappy :/

I am gonna give him money towards a new bike this time, and also gonna talk to the people at the bike shop and find out what the best lock he can buy is. The boss also told him he could lock in on a gas pole or something that is in clearer view. But it still doesn't make the situation suck any less.

I don't know about in America but in England you can get GPS trackers that fit under the seat. You register it online and if it gets stolen the code is given to the police or something. I briefly looked into it when I thought about getting a bike, but then decided it's too dangerous cycling in London and abandoned the idea. I think it would be worth looking into some sort of tracker device.

I never knew such a thing existed but I am gonna look into it for sure! Thanks for the tip!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

LOVE Montauk. My friends and I used to go all the time; just drive out for the day so we could eat lobster rolls and walk around.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    @riderfangal
    @kelly_c_77
    @rungirl1973
    @WestCoastJo82
    @Susieq_1994
    @girldownsouth
    @nonoelmo
    @pofoster21

Thank you all for the kind words and acknowledgment of my post.....it really took a lot for me to put that out there, as I feared I might be seen as trying to gain sympathy for my health situation, which was not the case.......

I am up way too late tonight, it is nearly 2am, but after this post I am just gonna check the batcave quickly and go to bed. Tomorrow I get to sleep in, and then I am going to have a nice protein packed breakfast and head to the Y. I only have one errand to run tomorrow, and then I plan to come home and spend a couple hours cleaning my place and cooking dinner etc, as my sister and her family are coming in from Indiana Friday to see us.

We only see her once every few years, so it is always nice when they come. Then we are meeting up with her closest girlfriend and her family for dinner, whom I have not seen in 17+ years! Its gonna be a great day. Makes me nervous though, I cannot lie. My sister and I are about as different as you can get.

She is almost ten years older than me, very slim and healthy, a business professional and world traveler with a stay at home hubby. My mother spent a lot of time when I was younger trying to convince me that she just tolerates me cuz I am her sister. Most of the time I know that is not true, but I cannot deny that I always remember that.

Here is a perfect example, when I was 11 years old I choked on pizza and it lodged into my lung and I spent a couple of weeks on life support, and several months in the hospital. My sister was a couple hours away at school, and my mother never called and told her. She just happened to call home one day to check in and that is how she found out. Even though she rushed up to see me, I still have those weird doubts in my mind.

Her and I are close in the sense that we talk regularly and such, but she does not REALLY know me or what goes on in my life. Every time I see them I cry when they leave because I love them so much but I feel like they are here, but not here, you know what I mean??

Sorry I am so heavy today, lol. Hopefully you guys all know I am normally not such a drag, but this last couple of weeks life has chewed me up and spit me out! I know things are getting better soon.....with the exception of having to deal with my son's bike situation I really feel like the worse is behind me.

On a nice side note, a lady that I was on parent council at my kid's school with dropped a card with $20 in it off at my work today to go toward my son's bike fund. I can't recall if I mentioned that before or not. She said she wanted to give him $10 and then when she got to my work she said her boyfriend gave him $10 also. So sweet.

Ok good night all.....see you tomorrow!

Ugh I am so sorry your mom was like that with you. Did she always try to make wedges between your sister & you?

I am hoping that things will turn around for you health wise & will keep you in my prayers.

That is so sweet that someone contributed to his bike fund.

Oh yes, she tried to play divide and conquer with all of us.....here are some examples.

When my sister got married, she asked me to do a reading at her wedding......my mother told me that she did not want me in the bridal party because I was fat (which, for the record, I was less than half the size I am now), years later my sister told me that was not true, and even pointed out that one of our cousins was bigger than I and a bridesmaid.

She left me behind when my sister had her high school grad, and then told her I did not want to come.

The whole not telling her I almost died was a crazy one too.

I know there is more but those are the ones that come to mind right away.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,440 Member
    Options
    So, I'm 900 posts behind and too busy at work right now to every catch back up. :p Just wanted to stop by and say I'm still alive. Hope everyone is doing well and having a terrific summer!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I am so mad. My sister (as I have briefly mentioned before) is a mess... she is at this point basically a homeless criminal who goes around getting into trouble. Anyway, today I got a call from the Idaho prosecutor's office. They said I had a subpoena to appear in court next week. I was very confused when they told me I was being called as a witness to a crime at a casino, since I haven't been to a casino in over 10 years. Turns out my sister was the witness - all her friends got arrested, and because she has warrants up the yang, she used my name and gave my mom's phone number. Now I'm worried that this wasn't the first time. I can't believe her nerve.

This is terrible. You need to make sure nothing is appearing in you personal records.

I'm planning on calling their police tomorrow and making sure they know what she did and seeing if I need to do anything else. I'm pretty sure that is a crime. Another to add to her list.

It is in this country.

On a nice side note, a lady that I was on parent council at my kid's school with dropped a card with $20 in it off at my work today to go toward my son's bike fund. I can't recall if I mentioned that before or not. She said she wanted to give him $10 and then when she got to my work she said her boyfriend gave him $10 also. So sweet.

What a kind thing to do!

Hope your son finds a theft-proof lock and a more visible parking spot so this never happens again.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal
    @kelly_c_77
    @rungirl1973
    @WestCoastJo82
    @Susieq_1994
    @girldownsouth
    @nonoelmo
    @pofoster21

Thank you all for the kind words and acknowledgment of my post.....it really took a lot for me to put that out there, as I feared I might be seen as trying to gain sympathy for my health situation, which was not the case.......

I am up way too late tonight, it is nearly 2am, but after this post I am just gonna check the batcave quickly and go to bed. Tomorrow I get to sleep in, and then I am going to have a nice protein packed breakfast and head to the Y. I only have one errand to run tomorrow, and then I plan to come home and spend a couple hours cleaning my place and cooking dinner etc, as my sister and her family are coming in from Indiana Friday to see us.

We only see her once every few years, so it is always nice when they come. Then we are meeting up with her closest girlfriend and her family for dinner, whom I have not seen in 17+ years! Its gonna be a great day. Makes me nervous though, I cannot lie. My sister and I are about as different as you can get.

She is almost ten years older than me, very slim and healthy, a business professional and world traveler with a stay at home hubby. My mother spent a lot of time when I was younger trying to convince me that she just tolerates me cuz I am her sister. Most of the time I know that is not true, but I cannot deny that I always remember that.

Her and I are close in the sense that we talk regularly and such, but she does not REALLY know me or what goes on in my life. Every time I see them I cry when they leave because I love them so much but I feel like they are here, but not here, you know what I mean??

Sorry I am so heavy today, lol. Hopefully you guys all know I am normally not such a drag, but this last couple of weeks life has chewed me up and spit me out! I know things are getting better soon.....with the exception of having to deal with my son's bike situation I really feel like the worse is behind me.

Ugh I am so sorry your mom was like that with you. Did she always try to make wedges between your sister & you?

I am hoping that things will turn around for you health wise & will keep you in my prayers.

Oh yes, she tried to play divide and conquer with all of us.....here are some examples.

When my sister got married, she asked me to do a reading at her wedding......my mother told me that she did not want me in the bridal party because I was fat (which, for the record, I was less than half the size I am now), years later my sister told me that was not true, and even pointed out that one of our cousins was bigger than I and a bridesmaid.

She left me behind when my sister had her high school grad, and then told her I did not want to come.

@Italian_buju

Your sister sounds lovely. Your mother sounds defective. Your man sounds overall well intended but sometimes unhelpful. Can you tell him that it is not a crime but your personal preference is ____ and you want his support as you get where you want to be?

I hope you have a nice visit with sis. Hugs

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I am so mad. My sister (as I have briefly mentioned before) is a mess... she is at this point basically a homeless criminal who goes around getting into trouble. Anyway, today I got a call from the Idaho prosecutor's office. They said I had a subpoena to appear in court next week. I was very confused when they told me I was being called as a witness to a crime at a casino, since I haven't been to a casino in over 10 years. Turns out my sister was the witness - all her friends got arrested, and because she has warrants up the yang, she used my name and gave my mom's phone number. Now I'm worried that this wasn't the first time. I can't believe her nerve.

Wow, so sorry about that. I hate to say it but now may be a good time to check with your creditors and make sure she isn't using your name elsewhere. Just a thought.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I added extra water to my protein shake to make it last longer. It's gross. I won't be doing that again.

I find most protein shakes gross when they're mixed with water. I'd rather sacrifice calories on milk and make it more palatable! I would even add crushed ice and blend it sometimes to make it a bit more "shake-like" ;)
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @riderfangal
    @kelly_c_77
    @rungirl1973
    @WestCoastJo82
    @Susieq_1994
    @girldownsouth
    @nonoelmo
    @pofoster21

@Italian_buju

Your sister sounds lovely. Your mother sounds defective. Your man sounds overall well intended but sometimes unhelpful. Can you tell him that it is not a crime but your personal preference is ____ and you want his support as you get where you want to be?

I hope you have a nice visit with sis. Hugs

+1. I'm so sorry. Sib relationships can be strained from things that parents do and I know how hard it is. I don't speak to my younger brothers (who I raised; I was a sister-mom to them since they're 7.5 and 8.5 yrs younger) due to a lot of parental drama after parents divorced. They listened to their dad and I haven't spoken to them in 2? years. Something like that. I'm still sad over it but have hope they'll wisen up one day (my oldest younger brother is special needs and very gullible so I don't know that he will ever "get it" because he just really can't). I miss them.

I'm also so sorry about your health problems. My dr recommended to put me on a med that causes weight gain and I said no, let me try diet and exercise first, and luckily it's working. I know there are a lot out there that make it so much more difficult.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

That's horrible! It sounds like your sister does care a lot about you, though--I hope it isn't too late for you to have a good relationship with her. Your mother was really a piece of work, from all of your stories about her. :-/