Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I feel all included now, I've just had a private message from 'chris' telling me about the judgemental women at the gym

Is that CosmoT1?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »

You need to have the fizzy powder version of sherbet. Will rot your teeth and maybe make you hyperactive but it's awesome !

I've had Pop Rocks and Pixy Stix and I think my eating-straight-sugar days are probably behind me...stuff like that is what you remember fondly from your childhood but when you actually taste it again it is NOT what you remember, lol.

I still eat pop rocks. There is this chocolate bar that has pop rocks and jujubes in them. Totally my favourite

Firecracker bars! I don't remember the brand. But dark chocolate, sea salt, chili and pop rocks! YUM!

Trader Joes did a firecracker bar. Yum
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Ah, so you are British? Flat/trainers...

I haven't been great lately (ever?) training but am determined that February will change that.

Ooh a Brit! Where are you cosmo?

I'm from Liverpool. Remember - no judgement... :smile:
    ;) I'm trying...

Actually I live in slough during the week so I don't have a leg to stand on

How do you pronounce this? My brain keeps telling me its pronounced Slow, but I am sure I am wrong. (I usually am about pronouncing things)

not sure how to write the pronounciation, it is sl-ow as in 'ow i hurt my finger'

Or as we call it, sluff ;)

Hm. I would not have guessed that pronunciation.

Of course, I once had an interview in Worcester (or as they call it locally, Wister).

Woster ;)

Now ya'll get your tongue around Leicester

Ummm, no idea.

How about Weippe, Kamiah, or Kuna? (Idaho towns)

I have a friend from Kamiah!

Snoqualmie, Enumclaw, Skamokawa are Washington ones - the Northwest has the fun tribal names that try to trip people up.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I feel all included now, I've just had a private message from 'chris' telling me about the judgemental women at the gym

Is that CosmoT1?

Lol no, it's a random troll who messaged some of the regulars previously
  • Oberon21
    Options

I haven't been great lately (ever?) training but am determined that February will change that.

;) I'm trying...

How do you pronounce this? My brain keeps telling me its pronounced Slow, but I am sure I am wrong. (I usually am about pronouncing things)

not sure how to write the pronounciation, it is sl-ow as in 'ow i hurt my finger'

Of course, I once had an interview in Worcester (or as they call it locally, Wister).

Woster ;)

Ummm, no idea.

I have a friend from Kamiah!

Snoqualmie, Enumclaw, Skamokawa are Washington ones - the Northwest has the fun tribal names that try to trip people up.

Wisconsin too. Lots of Indian names.
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options

;) I'm trying...

Woster ;)

Ummm, no idea.

Lester ;)

Wee-p?
    kam-i-ah?
    Koo-na?

Wee-ipe
    Kam-ee-eye
    Q-na (Which is where I went to school. Kuna Kavemen. True story.)

Language is weird.

I believe there is a town somewhere int he states called Cairo but pronounced kay-ro, unlike its Eygptian counterpart.

True story. Also, Kentucky has a Versailles - but pronounced Ver-sails rather than the French pronunciation.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Yes, exactly, we don't have the fizzy powder on this side of the Atlantic, so as far as I knew they were both just names for non-dairy frozen desserts (although the Google explanation claims that there is indeed some milk in the "sherbet" iteration, which I wasn't aware of and could probably not distinguish a difference between. I assumed it was an Americanised spelling thing vs our clinging onto the French.

You need to have the fizzy powder version of sherbet. Will rot your teeth and maybe make you hyperactive but it's awesome !

I may need to try this when I am in England...

I will make a list and stock up on all the things you need to try

Yes! And you need to try candy corn... I haven't forgotten! And off to Dollywood we go! Full agenda!

I am still not too keen on clotted cream...

Clotted cream is amazing and a British institution. I will insist upon you trying it!

I definitely need to go to dollywood! I'm so looking forward to the food side of things.[/quote]

Well after running 26 miles you can eat all you want that next day.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I hate it when I realize I've missed good conversations in here. Right now I'm regretting having missed the pronunciations arc.

Jump right in! What you got?!?

Well for starters, is it pronounced sher-bet, sher-bit, sher-bert or sher-bay?
    Who was the guy that did his 666 confession in here and had some stuff like peeing off the side of the house and other stuff. He was active, then I think after that confession (some pretty personal stuff) he disappeared. I think he got embarrassed.

Maybe his cousin found out?

Sher - bit. Although I confess to calling it sorbet. (sore - bay)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I've had Pop Rocks and Pixy Stix and I think my eating-straight-sugar days are probably behind me...stuff like that is what you remember fondly from your childhood but when you actually taste it again it is NOT what you remember, lol.

I still eat pop rocks. There is this chocolate bar that has pop rocks and jujubes in them. Totally my favourite

Firecracker bars! I don't remember the brand. But dark chocolate, sea salt, chili and pop rocks! YUM!

Now THAT I would eat. I need to Google this. Chili dark chocolate is my all time favourite.

I haven't heard of chili and chocolate either. I am apparently quite sheltered.

It's icky. I couldn't get anybody in my house to eat it when I bought it to try.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Sorry you're sick too, Mo! But I'm very happy to hear you're taking Zinc! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure zinc doesn't work with stress! :(

See? Zinc 2x in this ONE post! :)

Was zinc officially added to our Bingo cards?! If so, O76.

I believe it was officially added.

Yes, I out a bingo ball for it in the caller basket a few.days ago. Vote: Should I add rewearing sweaty / smelly workout clothes?
    (you do realize that I have volunteered to be caller because the caller can't lose, right?)

Edit: Out should be put. And I should put in a ball for every time I say I can't type on my phone.

Yes, I definitely think that should be added. But you can't play either, Mel.

I know we're missing ones, but I can't remember them right now.

I'll post my proposed list tomorrow and take additions until Saturday 7pm EST.

On Sunday, our first game will start. I don't mind not playing, Mo. I just want to have fun with the struggles we all share and thought we were alone in.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Protein farts.

Taking son to doctor. His poor ear is still bleeding.

If they're potent enough to cause that, maybe YOU need the doctor...just saying...

Protein farts was a suggestion to Quik for her card.

Son seems to have burst an ear drum and is in a lot of pain. Still waiting on Doctor.

So sorry!!!!
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Is it one of those Cadbury ones? I think I've seen them but I'm not much for milk chocolate so I've been scared to try them.

They are, the chocolate is pretty light. Now the firecracker ones mentioned I need to find those
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    I absolutely love that a real bingo card was made guys <3
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Protein farts.

Taking son to doctor. His poor ear is still bleeding.

If they're potent enough to cause that, maybe YOU need the doctor...just saying...

Protein farts was a suggestion to Quik for her card.

Son seems to have burst an ear drum and is in a lot of pain. Still waiting on Doctor.

I confess I didn't get it, originally...

Me either. I thought she was commenting on herself! Figured she ate some of those gummy bears....

Oh that one would be good? What are those Haribo gummy bears? They come up periodically...but the do involve the dreaded pooping I so hate. (BTW, I WILL NEVER TRY THOSE because of this thread).

It's the sugar-free ones you have to watch for. Those and Pure Protein bars.

Oohh...should I add Quest bars?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I confess that I used Saturday's hike as an excuse to eat for the next two days -because recovery food.

You deserve it! You need to refuel.
    :smiley:
    I am thinking of doing the DC Marathon... Looks like fun and I need a BQ... but not sure I can get myself fast enough in 5 weeks....

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ
    Recovery hike the next day (there are beautiful areas that are much easier than my most recent hike. We could take the tram to the top of Sabino canyon and walk down a four mile paved path) plus Sonoran Mexican food!!!!!!!!! And TKs pool plus @rungirl1973!!! And perfect weather.

Dec would be 2018 not 2017.
    I confess that I used Saturday's hike as an excuse to eat for the next two days -because recovery food.

I am thinking of doing the DC Marathon... Looks like fun and I need a BQ... but not sure I can get myself fast enough in 5 weeks....

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ
    Recovery hike the next day (there are beautiful areas that are much easier than my most recent hike. We could take the tram to the top of Sabino canyon and walk down a four mile paved path) plus Sonoran Mexican food!!!!!!!!! And TKs pool plus @rungirl1973!!! And perfect weather.

Well, you'll need 2018, too... LOL
    I'm hoping to get a decent time in California in May and then hopefully BQ in December for 2018.

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

I'm hoping to get a decent time in California in May and then hopefully BQ in December for 2018.

True....

And if we go together we can spend the weekend in Boston and be tourists! :)

There it is! It all works out so well! :wink:
    For the record - I am running to finish to marathon. That is my goal. Maybe TK will BQ again, if his calves will finally behave again. He ran same year as you POF.

If I'm going to run a BQ in December, I'm really going to have to start training sometime this year...
    And, I still have 15 lbs I want to lose.

I need to be training too. Blister still may need another day to harden up, it is pretty tender and my heels may be bruised. I may eliptical it for a few days. I have 8 of my 10 pounds left to loose. :neutral:

Did you do that on purpose?! :hushed:
    Nope. I'm horrible at phone typing though so we can pretend it was autocorrect. :wink:

Mel, Is loose/lose on the Bingo card? Because if it is, I'm claiming this one! I-19.

Nope. See. Here's the card...

kxridb29fa6w.jpg

That's the littlest 'bingo' card ever. I think you need more squares. Minimum 25.

Eh. It was an on-line template...

To do 5X5, with a free space in the middle, I need 14 more things. And I already added zinc. :#

how about washing your sports bra by showering in it. that came up a few times.

I rinse my swimsuit by showering in it. I'm just not that comfortable with my body as some people at the pool are.

Do I get a bingo spot?

Sure...why not, but I am not really tracking the game until Sunday.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

True....

For the record - I am running to finish to marathon. That is my goal. Maybe TK will BQ again, if his calves will finally behave again. He ran same year as you POF.

If I'm going to run a BQ in December, I'm really going to have to start training sometime this year...

I need to be training too. Blister still may need another day to harden up, it is pretty tender and my heels may be bruised. I may eliptical it for a few days. I have 8 of my 10 pounds left to loose. :neutral:

Nope. I'm horrible at phone typing though so we can pretend it was autocorrect. :wink:

Mel, Is loose/lose on the Bingo card? Because if it is, I'm claiming this one! I-19.

kxridb29fa6w.jpg

That's the littlest 'bingo' card ever. I think you need more squares. Minimum 25.

To do 5X5, with a free space in the middle, I need 14 more things. And I already added zinc. :#

I rinse my swimsuit by showering in it. I'm just not that comfortable with my body as some people at the pool are.

Do I get a bingo spot?

Are they public showers? If so I would do this too.

I don't think so... as you aren't really washing it...you are covering up. But Quik and Mo always say I am too strict so I'll leave it up to them.

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

True....

kxridb29fa6w.jpg

Do I get a bingo spot?

You get a thank you from me for not performing the naked shower yoga favoured by lots of ladies at my gym, haha. Like, I don't care if you're naked, that's fine, it's a locker room, that's what it's for, but I don't understand why it's necessary to be contorting like that when there's a bunch of mirrors RIGHT THERE displaying your, um, moves to the entire locker room.

I don't know what they're actually doing, but it's weird and it makes me unhappy, haha. Ditto the ones blowdrying their nether regions.

Ok, luckily I have never ever seen this. And Yes, 4 showers in one big open space. and EVERYONE but me gets completely stark nekid and I find it so disturbing. Worse was the lady who didn't even wrap a towel around herself to get back to her locker and STOPPED TO CHAT with some other lady and I was not going to go around her, so I just waited. ugh.. just too comfortable in their own skin

That's not a bingo square, that's modesty. And the lady who is chatting stark naked is inconsiderate. I am so glad my gym has private showers.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Yes, exactly, we don't have the fizzy powder on this side of the Atlantic, so as far as I knew they were both just names for non-dairy frozen desserts (although the Google explanation claims that there is indeed some milk in the "sherbet" iteration, which I wasn't aware of and could probably not distinguish a difference between. I assumed it was an Americanised spelling thing vs our clinging onto the French.

I may need to try this when I am in England...

I will make a list and stock up on all the things you need to try

Yes! And you need to try candy corn... I haven't forgotten! And off to Dollywood we go! Full agenda!

I am still not too keen on clotted cream...

Clotted cream is amazing and a British institution. I will insist upon you trying it!

I definitely need to go to dollywood! I'm so looking forward to the food side of things.[/quote]

I wanna go to Dollywood!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Wow....he is making the rounds
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Is that CosmoT1?

No. It's someone else. I got one and so did Nicole and now Nicci
  • FitPitbullMom
    FitPitbullMom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am severely addicted to peanut butter. Especially white chocolate wonderful peanut butter. I have ate 1/3 of the jar in one sitting before when craving something sweet.