The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius - That's excellent news! Keep us posted. Sorry about the insurance thing. Does the new job have insurance?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Although, I really wish I had brought some floss to work now...

I keep that along with a toothbrush and paste, etc etc in my desk at work. I always feel self-conscious of my breath, especially when I hit up the gym in the mornings after I get off work. One time I ran out of toothpaste at work and it was on a planned day that I go to the gym. I ended up swinging by my home first after work, just to brush my teeth before going to the gym.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius great news hope it goes well!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Both jobs offer insurance...however they are more than 4x as high as what I was paying through the marketplace. It is what it is...if I get the Sephora job, it won't be such an issue but if I end up staying at the warehouse...it will be unaffordable at the rate of pay I'll start at...so I have 60-90 days to try for a better paying position within the company or I'll have to move on.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I carry mouthwash, a mini toothpaste, and a travel toothbrush in my purse. I use those pick flossers at home, and I keep meaning to throw some in my purse, but I just keep forgetting...:-/

@Frankie_Felinius, I hope all the insurance stuff works out in your favor! I haven't had insurance for almost 2 years, so, since I just got my W-2 from my last job, I'm about to find out how big a bite Obama's about to take out of my hiney.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    musichales wrote: »
    I'm enjoying a healthy post work snack of carrots and hummus and a not soperfectly healthy glass of Pinot nior. What are my other lovely night owls up to?
    FTFY

Pinot Noir has many health and some anti-aging benefits!
    Montana has a concealed carry law but I'm not sure they would arrest you if you carried it in the open as long as you were not at a school, the courthouse or an establishment where alcohol is served.

Montana is actually a 'gold star' open carry state. To conceal carry, you need a permit. To open carry, you do not. Naturally, federal law dictates that you are not allowed to carry on school grounds, courthouses, or an establishment where 50% or more of sales comes from alcohol.

• BodyByBex
    Options
    Thanks!! I really think I'll do well at the interview because everything I feel about the job is what they want to hear! I truly am so excited about what products can do and if my jobs is to get girls excited & familiar enough about something to sell it...I think that is awesome! I can't believe I might get to be a makeup educator...who woulda thunk?? And it pays niiiice. :) Not like nice, nice...but several bucks more than what I make now and a helluva lot more than the warehouse...

Riiiiibs. I want a boney box now! The local rib joint is seriously one of things I'll miss most when we get out of this hole. I love driving by in the morning and smelling the smoke...my mouth is watering omg. It is about time to get a boney box too...they are expensive as hell so we go as our annual tax return dinner, lol.

Speaking of this hole...Illinois. So on top of the hundred bucks to register my car, I owed the state twenty bucks for being late. At the DMV there are signs everywhere stating that due to budget cuts, no reminders will be sent out...mothertruckers. So they not only saved money by not sending reminders...they made money off of dumba$$es like me who were late as a result. I mean, I can only be so mad because in all reality....it is my fault that I wan't on top of it...I'm supposed to be adulting here...but man...

Oh yeah! Another thing I wanted to share about my lovely lovely state. So I called the state of IL about the appeal I put in in October about the bills they say I owe. Would you believe that there is no record of my asking for an appeal and even if I had, it would have been past the appeal date. I asked what my other options were and the lady said I had none but to pay them (money I don't owe them). Or it will go to collections (the bill says that EVERY month...that it will be turned over to collections at the end of the month). So basically this state is trying to intimidate me and is threatening me to make me pay them money I do not owe them. It sounds like the mob. Waiiiiit a minute....

Then I call my insurance and the lady's final recommendation VERBATIM was "Just wait it out, we have all the information we need." Are you fudging with me? Wait it out? I have people threatening with collections, no insurance coverage for me or my kid right now and thousands of medical bills looming if this doesn't get figured out soon. WAIT IT OUT???

The health marketplace said they'd "escalate" my (third) appeal through them and that it takes 90 days for an appeal and I'm just at 90 days so I should "be on the look out for a letter soon".

I die...

Illinois is also potentially closing state universities. They haven't passed a budget and cannot afford them.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I have had ENOUGH of these doors not WORKING!

My GOSH! You'd think I worked for a state run facility in Texas or something! :wink:

Hope you get the job @ Sephora! You sound like a shoe-in!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    Ever have one of those weekends where you think you just need to get a new job? I know this is a good job and it's just one of those weekends, but it sure seems like I've had a lot of cancer and heart failure patients lately.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ever have one of those weekends where you think you just need to get a new job? I know this is a good job and it's just one of those weekends, but it sure seems like I've had a lot of cancer and heart failure patients lately.

Sorry you've had a rough weekend, hope you get some rejuvenation this week.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius Woohoo on the potential job @ Sephora!!! That's amazing!

I'm sorry :(
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Hi ya'll.

Tonight is my last graveyard shift. I work two second shifts next week but then I'm outta here!

I want to say thanks for being some good ears to whine to, complain to, brag to...whatever. I have really appreciated you guys. Thanks.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

:'(

• BodyByBex
    Options
    Hi ya'll.

Tonight is my last graveyard shift. I work two second shifts next week but then I'm outta here!

I want to say thanks for being some good ears to whine to, complain to, brag to...whatever. I have really appreciated you guys. Thanks.

You've been a great pair of ears for us as well. :heart:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Hi ya'll.

What @lilaclovebird said. It won't be the same around here! But I'm excited for your new opportunities!
  • LCbaby0x
    LCbaby0x Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Ugh where are all my sleep deprived people at? Lol
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I heard Bieber's song "Love Yourself" on the way to work tonight. I'm not a Bieber fan or not a Bieber fan (I think he is effin' hilaroius on SNL/Jimmy Fallon...really funny poking fun at himself) music-wise but I really dug that song! Weird! It isn't about what is sounds like. It is about an ex and the one line that made me lol was "My mama don't like you and she likes everyone." Daaaaaamn! That's harsh! Lol! If a guy's mama doesn't like you...good LUCK! (The video is cool too.)
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    LCbaby0x wrote: »
    Ugh where are all my sleep deprived people at? Lol

Totally not sleep deprived. I got 8 hours and 14 minutes between 11:30am and 9pm yesterday!

• BodyByBex
    Options
    I heard Bieber's song "Love Yourself" on the way to work tonight. I'm not a Bieber fan or not a Bieber fan (I think he is effin' hilaroius on SNL/Jimmy Fallon...really funny poking fun at himself) music-wise but I really dug that song! Weird! It isn't about what is sounds like. It is about an ex and the one line that made me lol was "My mama don't like you and she likes everyone." Daaaaaamn! That's harsh! Lol! If a guy's mama doesn't like you...good LUCK! (The video is cool too.)

I know that's right.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

Keep in mind his mama raised a total *kitten*. Just sayin