The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Haha! Right?! I'm lucky my MIL (to be) loves me to bits! I'm a LOT like her so she can't help it! Lol She was even there for me when I left her son. She knows shizz happens and I can't tell you how big of a deal that was. I have issues with "family"...people with the same blood but they only "love" you because you're "family". If you weren't blood, they wouldn't even look at you twice. I hate that. To me family is the people who choose to love you, even when you're tough to love. She did. She is a really amazing woman and I'm lucky to have her. (Although she is a lot to deal with...just like I am!)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    fireguy262 wrote: »
    party was a bust....who the hell eats dinner at 11pm. we left before it was served, but thank god the cocktail hour food was good

haha, only everyone in Spain. ;)

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Hi ya'll.

Tonight is my last graveyard shift. I work two second shifts next week but then I'm outta here!

I want to say thanks for being some good ears to whine to, complain to, brag to...whatever. I have really appreciated you guys. Thanks.

What @lilaclovebird said. It won't be the same around here! But I'm excited for your new opportunities!

Lucky you! Good luck with the upcoming new things!
  • canadjineh
    edited February 2016
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    8:40am here in the UK. Where are all you guys from? I could have done with your company a few hours ago as I've been awake all night with a nasty infection!

Western Canada... South Central British Columbia - it's 00:43 on 2016/02/07 here...
    Welcome BTW.

I'm obviously reading pages to catch up - too much actual work at work lately. So just ignore any out of sync comments, it's for my own sanity, lol.
  • canadjineh
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I find it strange you can carry out in the open freely, but need a permit to stash it out of sight. But then again I'm Canadian....

Weapons, that is...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I find it strange you can carry out in the open freely, but need a permit to stash it out of sight. But then again I'm Canadian....

I think it's odd that you need a permit for either. I feel like we should all have constitutional carry(concealed or not concealed with no permit required) at age 21. But then again, I'm a Texan. :wink: :laugh:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Ever have one of those weekends where you think you just need to get a new job? I know this is a good job and it's just one of those weekends, but it sure seems like I've had a lot of cancer and heart failure patients lately.

It's February... the month when people are more likely to die (not sure where I read that though). Even if it isn't true it sure feels like it. Late November and late February are the usual times for me to head to somewhere near the equator. Hubby is seasonally retired from Dec-Feb inclusive so it works fine for us. I have a great boss... time off whenever I want, with a bit of notice (3 weeks in this case since I am going to Cancun for a couple weeks very soon). But then again I try to pitch in on short notice too if someone else needs time off.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Good luck with your new job Frankie! Check back with us once in a while when you have insomnia and let us know how it's going.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Some kids set my fire alarm off at 5:30 because I wouldn't let them use the phone. Ugh.
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Some kids set my fire alarm off at 5:30 because I wouldn't let them use the phone. Ugh.

sounds like a legit reason

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Ever have one of those weekends where you think you just need to get a new job? I know this is a good job and it's just one of those weekends, but it sure seems like I've had a lot of cancer and heart failure patients lately.

:'(

:'( You've started so many awesome conversations since I started visiting here...waa! I'm stoked for you though!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options

I'm def old now bc I find most kids annoying lol
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius -at least drop us a line and let us know if you got the Sephora job!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,215 Member
    Options
    Hi ya'll.

Tonight is my last graveyard shift. I work two second shifts next week but then I'm outta here!

I want to say thanks for being some good ears to whine to, complain to, brag to...whatever. I have really appreciated you guys. Thanks.

We are definitely going to miss you. You'll have to haunt the thread from time to time.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

That would really get under my skin. Can you shut of the alarm or do you need to wait for the fire department?
  • jennifer_417
    Options

That would really get under my skin. Can you shut of the alarm or do you need to wait for the fire department?

Oh I was pissed. We can shut it off from here, but I had to call my supervisor to get the code.
  • aprildaguilar
    aprildaguilar Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    OOOOh The Buzzers and Bells of Thee Respiratory Unit ... Pulse Oxes and Vents are a Go Gooooooooo!!! I do hear this in my sleep sometimes Geeeeesshh!!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    OOOOh The Buzzers and Bells of Thee Respiratory Unit ... Pulse Oxes and Vents are a Go Gooooooooo!!! I do hear this in my sleep sometimes Geeeeesshh!!!!

I swear I woke up to a pump going off the other day and I was home sleeping! I know exactly what you're talking about.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Back when I waited tables I used to have dreams that I'd get out of bed and go into my living room only to find a bunch of people waiting for me to serve them.
  • cheekyferret
    cheekyferret Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love going to the gym after work! Everyone looks so bleary eyed and hating life, meanwhile I'm pumped up on preworkout and pounding the treadmill like a beast. Tremble in fear daywalkers!