The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    Back when I waited tables I used to have dreams that I'd get out of bed and go into my living room only to find a bunch of people waiting for me to serve them.

LOL! That's funny. I used to have a recurring nightmare that I showed up a week late for final exams. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I hate dreaming about work. It's like adding insult to injury :D I dream about walking into work and it's a mess or *kitten* has hit the fan.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I love going to the gym after work! Everyone looks so bleary eyed and hating life, meanwhile I'm pumped up on preworkout and pounding the treadmill like a beast. Tremble in fear daywalkers!

This is MEEE!

Except I'm in the squat rack. :smiley:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I used to dream all the time about waiting tables. I freaking LOVED it! I was stupid good at my job so they were almost invariably good dreams. :mrgreen:
  • LCbaby0x
    LCbaby0x Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Where's all my night shifters!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I'm done around 530 woot woot! But back tonight for another 12 hours.
  • LCbaby0x
    LCbaby0x Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    That's the worst lol
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm off for the next 3 days and.....

2y67koscsq67.jpg
  • jerseygene
    jerseygene Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I start my night shifts in 2 weeks time 8 weeks of 11h nights 4 on 4 off then back to days for 8 weeks before it starts all over again O-what fun :/
  • jerseygene
    jerseygene Posts: 129 Member
    Options

2y67koscsq67.jpg

lilaclovebird Happy Birthday.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @lilaclovebird Happy Birthday!!!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Happy Birthday! :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

2y67koscsq67.jpg

Happiest of bdays, lady! I hope you have/had a great time!
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    I have worked the night shift off and on for over 40 years. So glad I'm not working that shift any more!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Am I allowed on here if it isn't the night shift???

Working my second to last shift! I worked 6a-230p today and now 4p-11p, go home for five hours sleep and do the same thing tomrrow. Friday is gonna be rough. Five hours of sleep and eight hours of work and then I have a concert to go to that night! No time for a nap either. I can't wait until next week...just a plain ol' straight 40. Phew...

Interview went well...I have a phone interview with the field manager Friday and if that goes well, an interview with the store manager. Eek! I also got a call for a job at a salon supply store. I'll be honest...that Sephora job is scary. It is a big job that will require sooo much of me. One minute I'm ready and willing and eager for the challenge and the other I'm ready to just work at a salon supply store. This is normal, right? I've never had a job like this and the possibility of it is scary and exciting and nerve-wracking and I don't know what to do????!!!! Normal...right?! Please say so...

Oh yeah...HAPPY BIRTHDAY @lilaclovebird!

My recurring nightmare? I find out 30 minutes beforehand I'll be going to my own wedding or my own prom and I only have enough time to get half-azz ready. Pitiful that even my nightmares revolve around vanity. (It is also the feeling of being unprepared, which seems like a common theme but still...leave it to me to have nightmares about not having enough primping time...)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    And thanks for all the wishes of good luck (and the compliment about keeping the thread interesting, lol).
  • sufferlandrian
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hey Frankie, Does sweat the jitters. It's normal when taking on a new job that will stretch your box or comfort zone. Just remember that you are much more capable of things than you think you are. When I lost my job in Idaho and had to take on whatever work I could get to support my family, I ended up working over 120 hours a week. Yes, add it up. I was napping on lunch hours to keep myself going. The bottom line is, if you asked before hand if I could do it, I would have said now. When it came time for me to have to do it to support my family, I pulled on my big girl panties and I did it. Looking back on it, I'm amazed I could do it but impressed with myself that I did it. When you look at the new job, it may seem daunting, but you can do this. Just keep reminding yourself that you are greater than you think you are. You are capable of much more than you think you are. Don't shy away from the job ahead. You will struggle at first, but in the end, you will amaze both yourself and those around you with your ability to exceed your current comfort zone. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Hey Frankie, Does sweat the jitters. It's normal when taking on a new job that will stretch your box or comfort zone. Just remember that you are much more capable of things than you think you are. When I lost my job in Idaho and had to take on whatever work I could get to support my family, I ended up working over 120 hours a week. Yes, add it up. I was napping on lunch hours to keep myself going. The bottom line is, if you asked before hand if I could do it, I would have said now. When it came time for me to have to do it to support my family, I pulled on my big girl panties and I did it. Looking back on it, I'm amazed I could do it but impressed with myself that I did it. When you look at the new job, it may seem daunting, but you can do this. Just keep reminding yourself that you are greater than you think you are. You are capable of much more than you think you are. Don't shy away from the job ahead. You will struggle at first, but in the end, you will amaze both yourself and those around you with your ability to exceed your current comfort zone. :smile:

All o' what he said. You got dis.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Whoops. Should have been "Don't sweat the jitters." :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    What @sufferlandrian said. You totes gots this!