Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    mousie1973 wrote: »
    I was so horrid last week (It was TOM) and i mowed down an entire bag of milano cookies to my face! in one sitting... I did log it... and didn't end up over too much in cals for the day (carbs that day were horrid...but cals not too bad)

Bingo? N-36
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    yeah i vaguely remember that... I haven't seen anyone with bars in forever, but I guess because I don't go out and about anymore except here. Lately I have been experimenting a bit. Does UA since they took over still do 'banned' and bars?

Yeah, they're still out there.
  • quiksylver296
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I was so horrid last week (It was TOM) and i mowed down an entire bag of milano cookies to my face! in one sitting... I did log it... and didn't end up over too much in cals for the day (carbs that day were horrid...but cals not too bad)

Ultimately, @mousie1973, total calories are all that matters. If you were under your calories, you are fine. All you have to do is eat less calories than you burn, consistently. Carbs are not bad for you. They create energy for your body and feed your brain. Should you eat 100% carbs? No. But, overall, you were successful. Try to tweak it to do better next time.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Bingo? N-36

what square?
  • quiksylver296
    edited February 2016
    Options

Bingo? N-36

what square?

Ate all of something. Isn't that one?

ETA: Dang it. Found the list. Nope.

Drowning peanut butter
    Eating from the trash
    Wearing trash bags
    Washing your sports bra in the shower
    Smelly workout clothes
    Commando workouts
    White chocolate wonderful
    Addicted to (fill in the blank)
    Quest bars
    My fitbit won't sync/charge
    Donuts
    Eating frosting from the container
    Eating cocoa powder
    Zinc
    Detox/teatox
    Embarrassed/nervous to go to gym
    Ice cream for dinner
    Grief bacon
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Ultimately, @mousie1973, total calories are all that matters. If you were under your calories, you are fine. All you have to do is eat less calories than you burn, consistently. Carbs are not bad for you. They create energy for your body and feed your brain. Should you eat 100% carbs? No. But, overall, you were successful. Try to tweak it to do better next time.

I understand that carbs are not bad, but i am eating primal (80%/20% ) and I am doing it for health reasons not just to lose weight (I have fibromyalgia and eating grains is not recommended)...
  • Oberon21
    Options

Bingo? N-36

what square?

I don't think so... I need to print out Melissa's list.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Bingo? N-36

what square?

I printed it....
  • quiksylver296
    edited February 2016
    Options

I understand that carbs are not bad, but i am eating primal (80%/20% ) and I am doing it for health reasons not just to lose weight (I have fibromyalgia and eating grains is not recommended)...

Ah. Gotcha! Well, live and learn. We all screw it up sometimes. Hope you didn't have any adverse physical reactions!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Bingo? N-36

what square?

I printed it....

Yeah, I found it. Bummer.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    asgentr wrote: »
    I bought a bag of popcorn thinking it would be a filling, tasty, low-calorie snack. On a stressful day I ate the whole bag, totaling something like 700 calories. Then I proceeded to eat chocolate for a snack and Indian food for dinner without weighing anything.

I am capable of eating 10 quarts of popcorn without a thought.

When hubby and I came home from our honeymoon I told him I was going to make popcorn. He said he did not want any. I proceeded to pop a giant stainless bowl of popcorn that was piled high above the bowl. He went to take a shower.

When he came out and saw that I had eaten all of it, he looked at me as if I ate his share.

I asked him if he wanted some and told him I could make more

He replied " No I didn't want any. But..
    You just ate enough for my mother and father, your mother and father, my brothers (3) your brother and sisters(3)
    Your aunts and uncles, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, your cousins ....."

At that point I stopped him and said I got his point so he would stop naming relatives.

This is now an item I defiantly measure out.
    Estimate to the best ability what you ate. It will help you out in the long run.

Weren't you the one that said your husband ate a ton of dried bananas then complained that his stomach hurt ;).

Yep that would be him approximately 10 years later.
    He wasn't being mean to me he was just teasing me at the time. I was laughing at him and his description.
    He is very much a once a day eater and can consume enormous amounts of calories in one setting. He does not nibble because it " ruiens his appetite and then he forgets to eat." This works for him.
    Me I need to eat at least 2 meals a day and am prone to nibbling on new things just to see what they taste like.
    Let's say our boys have seen a broad spectrum of eating habits likes and dislikes.

I need to eat 5 x a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner plus snacks at 10:30 and 2:30.

I was thinking about you the other day. I brought three bags of beef jerky to work...I know you don't eat meat but that isn't the point here. They were gone by the end of the week. If I have food at my desk, then I HAVE to eat it even if I'm not hungry.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    asgentr wrote: »
    I bought a bag of popcorn thinking it would be a filling, tasty, low-calorie snack. On a stressful day I ate the whole bag, totaling something like 700 calories. Then I proceeded to eat chocolate for a snack and Indian food for dinner without weighing anything.

I am capable of eating 10 quarts of popcorn without a thought.

When hubby and I came home from our honeymoon I told him I was going to make popcorn. He said he did not want any. I proceeded to pop a giant stainless bowl of popcorn that was piled high above the bowl. He went to take a shower.

When he came out and saw that I had eaten all of it, he looked at me as if I ate his share.

I asked him if he wanted some and told him I could make more

He replied " No I didn't want any. But..
    You just ate enough for my mother and father, your mother and father, my brothers (3) your brother and sisters(3)
    Your aunts and uncles, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, your cousins ....."

At that point I stopped him and said I got his point so he would stop naming relatives.

This is now an item I defiantly measure out.
    Estimate to the best ability what you ate. It will help you out in the long run.

Weren't you the one that said your husband ate a ton of dried bananas then complained that his stomach hurt ;).

Yep that would be him approximately 10 years later.
    He wasn't being mean to me he was just teasing me at the time. I was laughing at him and his description.
    He is very much a once a day eater and can consume enormous amounts of calories in one setting. He does not nibble because it " ruiens his appetite and then he forgets to eat." This works for him.
    Me I need to eat at least 2 meals a day and am prone to nibbling on new things just to see what they taste like.
    Let's say our boys have seen a broad spectrum of eating habits likes and dislikes.

I need to eat 5 x a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner plus snacks at 10:30 and 2:30.

I was thinking about you the other day. I brought three bags of beef jerky to work...I know you don't eat meat but that isn't the point here. They were gone by the end of the week. If I have food at my desk, then I HAVE to eat it even if I'm not hungry.

yep. its terrible. why can some people just eat what they want and leave the stuff when they are full and then there is me. If its there I MUST EAT IT!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

Bingo? N-36

what square?

Drowning peanut butter
    Eating from the trash
    Wearing trash bags
    Smelly workout clothes
    Commando workouts
    Quest bars
    Donuts
    Eating cocoa powder
    Zinc
    Detox/teatox
    Ice cream for dinner
    Grief bacon
    Is this from the German word?
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    I'll join the #lentchallenge
    I'm not Catholic but Lent is the one thing I do every year. This year I'm going to be abstaining from chips and chocolate bars, and adding in no complaining.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins, I understand your point of view (that it is between God and you) I do let people know so that they don't unintentionally sabotage (like my husband bringing home chips from the store, or grabbing me a chocolate bar when getting gas).

Eh, my husband is not responsible for my abstinence from item X. He is Protestant through and through and only observes Lent as far I won't serve meat in my home on Fridays until Easter. I don't even always tell him what I am doing, but he usually figures it out. Part of the sacrifice is that I may encounter the item x in my daily life and be tempted by it.
    And, I have had people (my husband's birth mother included) offer me the thing I am abstaining from to try and trip me up if they knew what it was. It's interesting how some people behave in the face of my trying to practice self control.

How very sad of them to try to derail you.

My in-laws are just very sad people and I don't work with the coworker who used to do it anymore, so it's all good. He was just an all around jerk.

In another thread, I saw this spelled "co-irker." I love that play on words!

I am SO using that one!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Bingo? N-36

what square?

Drowning peanut butter
    Eating from the trash
    Wearing trash bags
    Smelly workout clothes
    Commando workouts
    Quest bars
    Donuts
    Eating cocoa powder
    Zinc
    Detox/teatox
    Ice cream for dinner
    Grief bacon
    Is this from the German word?

Yep!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Bingo? N-36

Nope. I didn't get it when I tried to count eating a bag of Twizzlers in one setting.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Bingo? N-36

what square?

Drowning peanut butter
    Eating from the trash
    Wearing trash bags
    Smelly workout clothes
    Commando workouts