most insensitive gift ever...

Options

Replies

• jaca
    jaca Posts: 25
    Options
    ive been with my soon to be hubby for coming up 6 years. i always buy him things but in those 6 years and 3 kids later i think i have recieved 1 item maybe 2. :( Men
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You know how the 1st anniversary is the "paper" anniversary... well, I bought my hubby a paper shredder as an anniversary gift that year! :laugh: He still razzes me about that, but I couldn't resist as he had been complaining that we needed one.

My mother, the Christmas immediately after our oldest was born, gave me Christmas presents that were all actually for the baby - nursery rhyme books, a hand blender to chop up food to make baby food, etc... Every present given to me was something I could use for or with him! Granted, this was the first grandchild, but I had him 7 weeks before Christmas and hadn't been back to work yet so I was still not able to experience "me" time. I was devestated!

That reminds me! For my first anniversary to my 2nd husband, my now ex SIL gave us a 4-pack of toilet paper, and a roll of paper towels for a gift. I was not amused! I told her I bought in bulk and she could take them home with her.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    MIL gave me a cross pendant.... I'm Jewish.

For the win!!!

These are hilarious!

Recently after I had started dating a guy, for Christmas, he gave me a roll of quarters (for laundry) and some Burt's Bees. LOL
  • kathy1117
    kathy1117 Posts: 27
    Options
    Most of these are very funny, however, some of you need to get over yourselves! Come on, no one owes you a present!

They r funny, but like u...i have been thinkin that some ppl sound unappreciative. some gifts dont sound so bad, and its really the thought that counts. now the cross gift ..... the reciever was jewish, that is wrong
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    One year my family got me a blender because they had broken my old one (that they bought me the year before)

One year for mothers day my husband bought me a cake plate/fruit bowl combo... because the month before my daughter had knocked my old one (which was exactly the same and cost 12 dollars) and shattered it. LOL.

I'm not a fan of gifts at all! I would take a gift card anyday... because I usually say I would love a Kobo, or I need new clothes... I would love a gift card. And then my MIL sends towels, which are a color that I hate. LOL.

(my MIL redeemed herself this year by sending me money to buy a heartrate monitor... 4 months before my birthday!)
  • bellieff
    bellieff Posts: 43
    Options
    on my first wedding anniversary (i was almost 2 weeks over due with my son, huge already cranky pregnant lady) my husband knew what day it was but chose to sleep until 5 in the evening (he would NOT wake up) leaving me to to go his HIS parents house for our anniversary dinner alone, where i had to suffer bawling my eyes out (emotional pregnancy...) opening cards and gifts from his family by myself.

to "make up" for it he bought me a card that read - to my wife on our anniversary, youre the only one who knows the real me, and still married me. it was kind of cute at the time.... i guess. : /

he got me the EXACT SAME CARD the next year. it wasnt so cute that time. 0_0
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    A used sewing kit... Not like a big cool old sewing kit but like the little emergency sewing kit and a partially used office depot gift card... Both from the same aunt on separate occasions. :noway: Needless to say we've done away with gift exchanges.
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    one christmas my ex gave a whole bunch of gifts that were on HIS list, video games and legos. OKAY then for my birthday that was a few days later. he told me about this gift he got me at an antique store by my house that was on hold that I had to pic up. When I got there it was on hold and NOT PAID FOR. I HAD TO PAY FOR IT.

needless to say........... he is an ex
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    ive been with my soon to be hubby for coming up 6 years. i always buy him things but in those 6 years and 3 kids later i think i have recieved 1 item maybe 2. :( Men

Ok... so I'm reading all these and can't help but ask... WHY ARE YOU STILL WITH THESE IDIOTS???

Don't you think that something's wrong here? 1 item maybe 2??? 6 years... 3 kids... and no wedding ring yet??? Come on people... WAKE UP!!! You deserve better than this!!!!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    MIL gave me a cross pendant.... I'm Jewish.

That was probably intentional... not just insensitive.
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    on my first wedding anniversary (i was almost 2 weeks over due with my son, huge already cranky pregnant lady) my husband knew what day it was but chose to sleep until 5 in the evening (he would NOT wake up) leaving me to to go his HIS parents house for our anniversary dinner alone, where i had to suffer bawling my eyes out (emotional pregnancy...) opening cards and gifts from his family by myself.

to "make up" for it he bought me a card that read - to my wife on our anniversary, youre the only one who knows the real me, and still married me. it was kind of cute at the time.... i guess. : /

he got me the EXACT SAME CARD the next year. it wasnt so cute that time. 0_0

My guy has done the same, but it was a sweet card so I didn't mind :-)

Many years ago we had a Secret Santa exchange at work with a cost ceiling around $20. My secret Santa had a crush on me and decided to go big, gifting me a huge box of chocolate, a "massage wand", and a shirt on which he superimposed his head onto the body of a naked man. I was horrified!
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    How is this for scuzzy... My ex once gave me lingerie that belonged to another girl. I found it in his drawer one day when I was putting away laundry. He said it was a "surprise" for me. It was NO WHERE near my size and it had no tags.

He also gave me the engagement ring that he gave his previous wife.

I can't imagine why they ever divorced.

Jerk.

It took a long time for my self-esteem to recover after that relationship.
  • dominionite
    dominionite Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am loving this thread!!!
    i recently won the 'worst gift ever" contest at work ; my hubby gave me some pretty crappy gifts when we were dating, but this one takes the cake:

a huge gift bag... filled with lots of tissue.. finally a gift wrapped box... more tissue... a smaller gift wrapped box... more tissue and then... omg a ring sized gift wrapped box... paper off... it is a ring box... gulp... omg... i slowly lift the cover and inside the little blue velvet case... NOTHING! then i notice something in the lid... it's a scrap of paper... i unfold it and there's one word... GOTCHA!

He wasn't in the coma very long (joking).
    I must say that he gives absolutly amazing gifts now...
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    How is this for scuzzy... My ex once gave me lingerie that belonged to another girl. I found it in his drawer one day when I was putting away laundry. He said it was a "surprise" for me. It was NO WHERE near my size and it had no tags.

He also gave me the engagement ring that he gave his previous wife.

I can't imagine why they ever divorced.

Jerk.

It took a long time for my self-esteem to recover after that relationship.

GROSS! Now that guy... I have to agree... was a #1 ***hole!!!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    my husband hasn't gotten me anything for mother's day for the last couple of years because "I'm not his mother." I give him a hard time about it all the time. I don't get him anything for father's day either, but that is because his birthday is a week later and we are quite poor right now. Anyways, I don't care about not getting anything that day, I just like teasing him about it.

I can honestly say though that the worst gift I have ever received is a JC Penney gift card with no balance on it. I don't remember who it was from, all I remember is that it was in high school.

I really don't care much about getting gifts, I would much rather have money so that I can buy the things that I want and need. My favorite gift ever though is a picture I got on my first mother's day of my son on my husband's shoulders in a frame that says "Me and my daddy" and another one of my son in an easter bunny costume that said "my first easter" in a frame that says I love my mommy on it. Those are the ones that have meant most to me.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I was given "The idiots guide to playing Guitar".

um. thanks. Happy Valentine's :grumble:
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    these are hilarious! need to save for later reading haha
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My older sister and I have traded the same blue lighthouse-shaped candle back and forth as birthday presents for almost seven years now. I find it amusing and think of it as a game; I am confident she doesn't notice what's going on.
  • bunchesonothing
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • sierracanbe
    Options
    the year i came out to my family was rough. not so much for me, but for my very old-fashioned grandmother.
    that christmas, my ever-hopeful grammy gave me a pink, frou-frou purse that came with a matching bejeweled hat. sounds nice, right? for barbie, perhaps. not for an 18yr old butch lesbian.
    but her intentions were good... i think. hahaha