Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Been a long while since I've lifted close to actual 1RM's... so i gave it a shot today to see where I was at. These are obviously not RPE 10's, so this is really good progress I guess. Best Squat wad 365 lbs. @ 200 lbs. BW, and best Sumo Dead was 505 lbs @ 200 lbs. BW.

These are unpeaked, randomly tested at the end of my Deload Week cause I was feeling pretty good.

I probably had another 10-15 lbs in me on each lift before RPE 10.

1x1x360 (PR) Low Bar Squats (55 lb Bar). 2xBW with 360 lbs. @ 180 lbs. BW.

1x1x485 (PR) Sumo Deads. 2.7xBW with 485 lbs. @ 180 lbs. BW. (I set up rounded on this one and it made it much less smooth than it should've been...)

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Been a long while since I've lifted close to actual 1RM's... so i gave it a shot today to see where I was at. These are obviously not RPE 10's, so this is really good progress I guess. Best Squat wad 365 lbs. @ 200 lbs. BW, and best Sumo Dead was 505 lbs @ 200 lbs. BW.

These are unpeaked, randomly tested at the end of my Deload Week cause I was feeling pretty good.

I probably had another 10-15 lbs in me on each lift before RPE 10.

1x1x360 (PR) Low Bar Squats (55 lb Bar). 2xBW with 360 lbs. @ 180 lbs. BW.

1x1x485 (PR) Sumo Deads. 2.7xBW with 485 lbs. @ 180 lbs. BW. (I set up rounded on this one and it made it much less smooth than it should've been...)

Those are impressive numbers bro! Both lifts looked smooth too.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    These pictures are from my last meet on Feb 6th at Pure Fitness just outside of Milwaukee. I wasn't able to capture any video.

24959826101_ec5c1e96a4_z.jpg
    Third attempt double body weight PR squat of 413lbs/187.5kg.

24757543420_4b4fb2ae0c_z.jpg
    Second attempt bench press 264/120kg. Was conservative on bench attempts this meet.

24422491544_f2f3310172_z.jpg
    Third attempt bench press PR of 297/135kg.

24426275853_3661f4c8d6_z.jpg
    Third attempt deadlift PR of 512/232.5kg.

All in all I went 9/9 and got only one red light on my second BP attempt. I had a PRs not only on all my last attempts, but in faces made on the platform! It was a very good meet for me. I wrote about this meet on blog here.

I am ten weeks out from my next one.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Success my friend success! Looking good!

Congrats!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    All in all a very successful nationals experience. Went 2/3, missing my third because I lost tightness waiting for the press commands. It happens. Didn't get any video myself, but finished 2nd in my weight class to the amazing Rhaea, who missed weight from her normal class. I executed my game plan, and brought it to the platform despite the utter insanity of the last month.

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    All in all a very successful nationals experience. Went 2/3, missing my third because I lost tightness waiting for the press commands. It happens. Didn't get any video myself, but finished 2nd in my weight class to the amazing Rhaea, who missed weight from her normal class. I executed my game plan, and brought it to the platform despite the utter insanity of the last month.

No mention of weight lifted? FOR SHAME
  • pdavisarp836
    pdavisarp836 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Not my PR but first time I was able to rep this out in a while . Could've been a bit cleaner.

Since, I've corrected my posture and will be uploading more footage this week.

All positivity welcome
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Impressive numbers everyone; I am curious though on BW #'s against the lifts. I'm on a cut myself and am all kinds of jealous watching - but again nice work all.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

<swoon> my hero- I know how hard you've been killing it and reworking through all this grindy stuff. Super proud of you!!!
  • TFaustino67
    Options
    These pictures are from my last meet on Feb 6th at Pure Fitness just outside of Milwaukee. I wasn't able to capture any video.

24959826101_ec5c1e96a4_z.jpg
    Third attempt double body weight PR squat of 413lbs/187.5kg.

24757543420_4b4fb2ae0c_z.jpg
    Second attempt bench press 264/120kg. Was conservative on bench attempts this meet.

24422491544_f2f3310172_z.jpg
    Third attempt bench press PR of 297/135kg.

24426275853_3661f4c8d6_z.jpg
    Third attempt deadlift PR of 512/232.5kg.

All in all I went 9/9 and got only one red light on my second BP attempt. I had a PRs not only on all my last attempts, but in faces made on the platform! It was a very good meet for me. I wrote about this meet on blog here.

I am ten weeks out from my next one.

Smashed it brother - well done
  • TFaustino67
    Options

Awesome! Way to go Iron
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    @DopeItUp - oops. Easily hit 75/165 on my opener. Got 80/176 for the second.

@JoRocka - thanks! It definitely was a crazy last month of training
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Success my friend success! Looking good!

Congrats!
    @JoRocka ... thanks much! (Unless this was for Dana, then I need to get my ego checked.)
    Smashed it brother - well done
    Thank you @TFaustino67 I appreciate it!
    Options

Nicely done @Iron_Miss_Canada ! And with everything you went through to get to Nationals.
    Easily hit 75/165 on my opener. Got 80/176 for the second.
    That's really impressive!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    Thanks! @nakedraygun - it definitely was a crazy peaking month. Who moves four days before competing?!?!?!?

They had the live video stream recorded. Grabbed the video of my second at 80kg. Sweet and easy.

• ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Thanks! @nakedraygun - it definitely was a crazy peaking month. Who moves four days before competing?!?!?!?

They had the live video stream recorded. Grabbed the video of my second at 80kg. Sweet and easy.

That's awesome @Iron_Miss_Canada ! Great lift.

I'd say a certifiable person moves right before a meet. lol If only life always cooperated right?

A buddy of mine posted the video of that meet for me on another forum. He lifts at the gym the guy who put up 500lbs raw (227.5kg I think?) does.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    @ovidnine - yeah, Avi is a great bencher, and powerlifter in general. No doubt about it. Watching the heavies bench in person was awesome. Sad I'm coming home now and missing the rest of the lifting :(
    Options

Easy work!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    @DopeItUp - oops. Easily hit 75/165 on my opener. Got 80/176 for the second.

@JoRocka - thanks! It definitely was a crazy last month of training

Excellent work. Especially after watching the video.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the platform @Iron_Miss_Canada and @nakedraygun

Wish I had something to add to the videos this week, but I'm feeling exceptionally weak! I'm still on my cut, haven't gotten the best sleep, ran 6 miles on Saturday, a very physical soccer game on Tuesday night...soooo, any one of those factors could do it, but all of them combined left me only able to do a bench of 200x5, squat 285x1 and OHP 135x2 :disappointed: Soccer is done for a couple weeks and I might take a little breather from the running and hopefully it was just a bit of overtraining.