Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901....Niki, the recipe calculating feature worked for me both yesterday and today.
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, Happy late Valentine's day, and whatever the proper greeting is for President's Day. I apologize for missing caps or puctuation but Porter has decided my job for the day is to be his dog bed and I only have one hand free to type.

Had my check in at the doc's office on Friday and was down 4 pounds bringing my grand total to 38. Starting to feel it in my clothes. Guess I'm going to have to brush up my seamstress skills.

Loved the leprechaun pictures. I'm signed up to to do the Celtic Canter 5k here in my town the weekend before St Paddy's Day. Race first, then drink. I'll try not to mix up the order.

Went to the gym earlier, spending the rest of the day doing whatever I darn well please. Hope you all can do the same!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In: Valentines Day was a minor struggle of me vs. sugar-free chocolate, but I made it through the day having consumed plenty of calories for satiety but not enough to leave me bloated or over any of my goals. Overall, a lonely but otherwise awesome weekend!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone-
    Well, more sadness and this time it's hitting closer to home. My best friend from HS and college roommate lost her dad. I've known him since I was 16 and he was my second dad-- my Tatus, as he is from Poland. He was in his 90s and not very mobile, but not ill. She had been with him Sunday and spent the night at his home. Made him breakfast in the morning and went off to work today, and when she returned found him in his favorite chair, eyes closed, so it appears he died peacefully in his sleep. Even so, it's a hard blow since she already lost her mother a couple of years ago (to a much more harrowing fight with Alzheimer's and stomach cancer).

She has no siblings to share the burden and is divorced and completely estranged from her ex. Fortunately, the ex's parents are still in her life and will take her tomorrow to make the funeral arrangements. I'm not sure what my week will be like since I want to be available should she need me to help with anything like putting together photo boards, etc. She thinks the services will be Thursday/Friday or Friday/Saturday, so I will need to arrange to be off work at least one day and possibly two. I will find out tomorrow afternoon. Until then, it's hard to plan my week concerning exercise.

Grading Goals:
    1. Re-read chapters 8 & 9 of Gatsby DONE
    2. x/41 AP essays

Fitness Goals for the month of February:
    I will run 3x/week and at least one 5k/week:
    Week 1 = 3/3 runs, 1/1 5k; Week 2 = 2/3 runs, 1/1 5k; Week 3 = x/3 runs, x/1 5k; Week 4 = x/3 runs, x/1 5k
    I will run a 5k start to finish with no walking breaks.
    I will run an 8k twice. 1/2

Nutrition Goal for February:
    Eat >100 g protein 12/29

You vs Year Challenge:
    60k done/ 940k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE + shovel snow DONE
    Tues-- pending
    Wed-- pending
    Thurs-- pending
    Fri-- pending
    Sat-- pending
    Sun-- walk gunner + gym
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karen- I am sorry to hear about your friend's father. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends this week. I am starting to look at flights to Chicago for the Shamrock Shuffle. I am looking forward to the run and visiting you in Chicago.

Well the week continued to be busy but Saturday night was hard. Sunday,I went for a walk in the morning and then realized that climbing was out due to the ankle not being healed. It was hurting after walking on it for 45 minutes then a bike ride. The bike ride was good so that was nice. I decided it was better not to climb. I did workout today mostly upper body but did add a spin bike session to get the heart rate up. It was great to exercise again but the ankle is still sore. Luckily, I was able to get to the gym even with the snow and before the freezing rain hit. The weather stopped some of my plans today so I am taking off one more day off. Need to help my mom figure out a few things with SS and other companies.

Tomorrow I hope to accomplish a few personal things along with helping my mom. Then back to work on Wednesday.

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy National Almond Day!
    National Almond Day celebrates this crunchy nut that is actually a fruit. An excellent source of vitamin E and magnesium almonds are also a natural source of protein and 9 essential nutrients. A handful of almonds a day is good for your heart and may help to maintain a healthy cholesterol level. Though, eating a handful of raw almonds can be lethal because they contain prussic acids which is why they are always roasted or dried. 80% of the world's almonds come from California.

He who distinguishes the true savor of his food can never be a glutton; he who does not cannot be otherwise. ~Henry David Thoreau

11857432.png

Tom
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Karen ~I am so sorry to hear about your friend, cancer just sucks. :frowning: Pancreatic cancer is horrible—another person taken far too young. I’m sorry to hear about your friend’s dad, too. I know your heart is heavy this week, sending you virtual hugs.

@Laurie ~Sounds like a nice service for your dad, glad you were able to take an extra day to help your mom out—I know she appreciates you being there for her.

@Niki ~Nice loss, you’re off to a great start.

@Tom ~I have almonds every day, in some form or another—love them! Loved the leprechaun pics you shared, looks like you and @MrsMorgori had fun! :smile:

AFM~Keeping busy. Also been having repeated migraines since early January, daily for the last two weeks—saw my doc on Friday, he is doing some lab work and started me on a migraine preventative. In other news, my 8yo nephew joined a slalom ski team this year—came in second (by milliseconds) in his race on Saturday. I’m such a proud aunt :love:, between that and ice hockey he is becoming quite the athlete. :wink:
  • zcb94
    Options
    Tuesday Goal: finish the book cover I've been crocheting for my friend since before Christmas. Right now, she'll be lucky to get it for next Christmas if I don't hurry. Yikes!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Today was great since schools were closed due to ice and extremely heavy rain which flooded the area. I was able to accomplish a few things and I am ready to return to work tomorrow.

Morgori - I love almonds especially chocolate covered ones.

Today I finally made it back to the pool and the swim felt good. Even my ankle handle it well.

Have a great day tomorrow. I am off to bed, it will be a long day.
  • Morgori
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy National Cabbage Day!
    The word cabbage is a derivation of the French word caboche, a colloquail word for head. The cabbage family,- of which brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower and kale are members of- is wide and varied. Cabbage itself comes in many forms- the shapes can be flat, conical, or round, the heads compact, or loose and the leaves plain or curly. In the United States, the most widely used cabbage comes in compact heads of waxy, tightly wrapped leaves that range in color from almost white to green and red. Savoy cabbage and Chinese cabbage are considered culinarily superior but are less readily available.

To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. ~Buddha

11857432.png

Tom
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Yeah for cabbage! I just love it! ... green cabbage based soup, cabbage/sauerkraut soup, cabbage slaw, cabbage roll-ups (stuffed cabbage), stewed cabbage, sauerkraut in a sandwich or with hot dogs, or with pork roasts and ribs, stewed sauerkraut with mushrooms as boiled dumpling or yeast-bread hand pie stuffing ... Yum, Tum, Yum ... If you are not used to it, go slow as your gut might rebel if you over do it ... like with any cruciferous vegetable ... broccoli, Cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts, Kale, Turnips, Kolrabi, broccoli-Rabe ... probably others that I don't recall right now.

Thanks @Morgori for sharing this national day today!

Wednesday Wish ... that I didn't have a different supper planned for tonight or I'd run into the kitchen to cook that cabbage and sauerkraut into something right this minute!

Protein challend mid week report - last 2 days have been over my 20% goal ... and I feel so much less hunger eating at a higher protein than in the past. Don't know how today will go though, think I might come in light and don't have any protein powder on hand to add to anything. Planning on tuna fish for tonights dinner and skipped breakfast this morning with just water because I wasn't hungry until about 11 AM ... so counted that as lunch
    Niki
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well, young lovers, @Morgori and @MrsMorgori (Tom and Amy) I just love you and your sharing of your photos and successes! Its exciting to see how you make progress! Amy find me a man out there - slightly less hairy, ok? I've had my share of beards with my last husband and I like my next (isn't that positve thinking!) to be clean-shaven just for a change...and I'd love to visit Vegas to meet him! Plus I'm tall. Oh gosh, look at me, writing an ad! :blush:
    Your happiness is just inspiring!

@celticgirl - I bust out laughing at your remark about not mixing up the order of your race and the drinks after ! LOL. Yeah, the leprachaun pix are so charming, the @Morgori's are the cutest couple, aren't they?

@Skinnyjean did you ever think you'd get a grammar lesson here? To wit: Gunnar, a dog; walk: a stroll: snow: a deterrant: rats: a cussword.

@Laurie I hope your rock-climbing relieved some stress. I'm going to a nice chapel this weekend and some prayers will go to the Universe for you and your mom. Funny, but the other I scrolled back thru these pages and ran across your Nov. 29th posting of the Cheasapeake Honors to your Dad - the Military Honors - wasn't that something.
    I'm so glad you shared pictures of your dad with us.

@Niki - too high on your protein? Is that a problem if we come in OVER our protein goal for this month alone? I didn't that was an issue for our challenge, but please educate me what bad it does for a diabetic to be over. I know it must be serious for you to be concerned. Now is that diabet ketosis or kephosis? I'm just pulling words from my memory, no googling...

AFM: I remain very consciencious with food although my spelling is atrocious! No snacking with sweets. Did purchase a small bunch of nectarines and another small bunch of clemantines. I had one of these at a friends and it was delicious but she got hers from her sisters, and she didn't know which it was so I'm going to find out. I hate oranges so this will be fun to find one I like!

• zcb94
    Options
    Wednesday Wishing: I hope my first appointments with a couple of new doctors go well. I'm feeling kinda stuck with this dumb wound because, in addition to the weight plateau that I'm no doubt dealing with, not much else is going right for me ATM, as the wound is close enough to my ladybits to pose a nasty problem. Yuk!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    RobinsEgg wrote: »

@Niki - too high on your protein? Is that a problem if we come in OVER our protein goal for this month alone? I didn't that was an issue for our challenge, but please educate me what bad it does for a diabetic to be over. I know it must be serious for you to be concerned. Now is that diabet ketosis or kephosis? I'm just pulling words from my memory, no googling...

Ellen ...I'm trying to REACH 20% protein a day, that's the goal, as if I don't work on it I'll only take in about 15% as I'm don't eat meat as often as I need to keep the percentage up. Yesterday I had both an egg and hemp protein powder in my breakfast porridge, homemade beef barley soup at lunch, and a chicken breast at dinner ... yippee ... lots of protein.

It's a real struggle for me ... to get enough of it in a day.
  • RobinsEgg
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Oooo ooweee oooweeooweeoo the lion sleeps tonight ..... (ok, not the right lyrics, just sing the song to yourselves, folks....along with me. This lion is sleeping well tonight, please sing me to sleep smiling full of antelope) Selection from Painting by John C. Miller of Omaha

xz3t8ujvcpid.jpg
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @RobinsEgg ... that is one scary photo ... howling big toothed furry animal! here's another ...6bme5chntczo.jpg
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! No time for personals, but I wanted to quickly say hello to all. My friend's father's services are tomorrow and Friday. I'm working tomorrow morning then going to the funeral home at 2 and will stay there with her until 9. Then spending the night at her house and attending the funeral Friday morning. She holding up really well, but I know the next few days will be rough for her.
  • Morgori
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy World Human Spirit Day!
    So many of our statements nowadays end with ‘the world as we know it’. World Human Spirit Day is a celebration of the fact that what we know about our own world is limited and superficial. It is a day to wonder at our achievements on this planet as humans, and to contemplate the endless possibilities we have as spirits. A day to search within for contentedness and to embrace the fact that we do not have all the answers and that may be for the best. A day to give a higher power thanks for what we have and what we don’t have, for making us who we are and for giving us the ability to touch others. This day is a celebration of continuity, of hope, of awareness, an occasion for us all to connect spiritually, to gaze at the universe beyond our worldly bodies.

The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison. ~Ann Wigmore

11857432.png

Tom
  • RobinsEgg
    edited February 2016
    Options
    <3 OLD TIMERS PLEASE COME BACK I FEEL LIKE YOU'VE BEEN STAYING AWAY. AND I FELT THE CHANGE IN THE DISCUSSION TOO AND I'VE DEALT WITH THE PROBLEM AND ITS FIXED. YOU CAN BE COMFORTABLE HERE AGAIN.

WE WILL NOT MAKE ROOM FOR NON-DIETERS ANY MORE.
    PLEASE, EVERYONE, HOLD TO THAT. IF SOMEONE ASKS TO JOIN BUT HAS LESS THAN 50 LBS TO LOSE, KINDLY DIRECT THEM TO SEARCH THE BOARDS FOR AN APPROPRIATE SUPPORT DISCUSSION.

OLD TIMERS !!! PLEASE COME BACK. THE DISCUSSION IS RETURNING TO ITS "NORMAL" ROUTINE. I'M BACK FULL TIME AND THE DISCUSSION IS BACK TO USUAL. <3
  • SaleemahR
    SaleemahR Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this thread so I'm not exactly sure what the protocol so please tell me!! I have 106lbs to loose. I'm here for the long haul. Been on an 8 day streak and lost 6lbs "had 114lbs to lose". Please feel free to add me and tell me how everything goes around here. :)