Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    So, @Oberon21 - I didn't sign up for DC, but I am running a marathon on Saturday. A trail marathon. Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky.

It's supposed to rain there every day between now and Saturday.

Did I mention it's a trail race? And, I don't have trail shoes?

I may regret this.

OOh fun. You will be wrecked. I wouldn't buy trail shoes now tho... bit too late for that...

We'll do post-race reports Saturday night. I am sure yours will be more interesting, but I will post monument pictures....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    So, @Oberon21 - I didn't sign up for DC, but I am running a marathon on Saturday. A trail marathon. Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky.

I may regret this.

I am looking at a trail half. I am not sure how "trail" it is. Good luck!!!

Do a few shorter races first. I can tell you that half I did a few weeks ago killed me. Very different from road racing.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I could spend all day confessing. I'll pick this one. I buy things like candy and donuts and bring them to work for other people because if I can't have them, I want other people to enjoy them. Except that I know I'm also sabotaging the efforts of other people at the same time :neutral:

I just had this conversation with my friend on our lunch walk. My daughter is making cookies for a kids' thing at church tonight and if they don't all get eaten, I am bringing them to work tomorrow. :wink: There are few here who wouldn't want to be sabotaged, but most would just wolf them down.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

I wear tight leggings and shirts when I do stuff like this because of the fat smacking fat issue. I also only do heavy cardio at home where no one can see me. I sympathize.
    You're doing it somewhere, so way to go! (wanna know a secret? I have way more respect for overweight runners than you'd think. They are putting it out there for people to see that they are trying to do better.)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I may regret this.

Be careful out there.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I AM IN THE NY MARATHON! Woot!

of course, that is 2 weeks before the 50 mile race. but what the heck.

You are insane. Good insane, but insane. <3

I agree about the good insane! I'm thinking I may throw myself into a 10K for May because why the heck not, aside from that race my main focus is prepping for the bikini fitness competition. (I may squeeze in a few smaller races prior to if I don't burn myself out) :)

You are doing a bikini fitness competition? Good for you! Congratulations!

Yesm! I am doing a natural Bikini Fitness Competition in October. Slowly learning and getting into the swing of it now. x.x
  • Oberon21
    Options

I agree about the good insane! I'm thinking I may throw myself into a 10K for May because why the heck not, aside from that race my main focus is prepping for the bikini fitness competition. (I may squeeze in a few smaller races prior to if I don't burn myself out) :)

Yesm! I am doing a natural Bikini Fitness Competition in October. Slowly learning and getting into the swing of it now. x.x

The woman whose class I take on Saturday's used to do this and trained someone to do it. Do you have a trainer to help you with this?
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

The woman whose class I take on Saturday's used to do this and trained someone to do it. Do you have a trainer to help you with this?

http://www.kwoshow.com/ here is the details!
    I have a nutritionist that I meet with, he is a personal trainer as well. He is also referring me to a posing coach for the last 12 weeks or so. EEEEP!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

I have a nutritionist that I meet with, he is a personal trainer as well. He is also referring me to a posing coach for the last 12 weeks or so. EEEEP!

Who knows?? This journey might lead you to a new career!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I also NEVER EVER EVER use hand sanitizer. I think it's a sham and humans are eroding the body's ability to fight infection on its own by obsessing on anti-bacterial everything. At the most, I get one cold a year. I've never had the flu.

I use sanitizer all the time. I never get sick either. :)

Don't you find it dries out your skin? I wash my hands a lot....and lotion after, but I find those just too drying.

Yea I try to use the ones with Aloe and I'm always putting on lotion at work too.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I confess after laughing at the girl who said she fell off the stationary bike & fell into the pool backwards that I almost fell off the treadmill dancing when my favorite songs came on my Spotify playlist.

Haha I'm always worried about this when on the treadmill too. I probably shouldn't listen to my favorite music while on it. Glad you didn't fall!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Confession: My kids will not let me have breakfast for dinner. I am irrationally angry about that.

What!?
    Breakfast for dinner is awesome!

:o

No! Tammy WE do not like that!

:p Hahahahahahaha

LOL. Loved this!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    When I finish eating the pretzels out of the bag, I then tilt my head back and pour the remaining salt into my mouth, because I have already logged it and it is delicious, sodium be damned.

I would (and have) totally done that

At work I'll tilt my container & drink the remaining salad dressing.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I HAVE KITTENS AGAIN! A solid grey mommy and a solid grey baby. Just dumped some food on the porch for them again....
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Confession: My kids will not let me have breakfast for dinner. I am irrationally angry about that.

I made breakfast for dinner last night! Scrambled eggs with cheese, biscuits, and thick cut butcher style bacon. It was wonderful! I love breakfast and I would eat it twice a day if I could.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Nice! good luck!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Nice! good luck!

Also, are you getting a spray on tan and fake boobs? That woman on the left in that link has quite the 'defined' breast shape...
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I ate M&M's the other night instead of a protein bar. Also, I ate a PB&J with Cheetos and a glass of milk Sunday for dinner because I'm a child. I didn't log the sandwich or chips either. :open_mouth:

I was tempted to eat 2 Quest Bars last night in order to meet my protein goal even though it would have put me well over my calories.

I log food and then am too tired or full to eat it but don't take it out of my diary.

How's that for confessions Friday?!

Peanut Butter and Jelly and Cheetos? And milk? That just sounds so gross.

I think you misspelled delicious.

nope, totally no delicious in that sentence.

You don't like pb&j's? :anguished:

i love PB&J. Its the cheetos/milk in combo factor.

Eh. I haven't eaten Cheetos in months, and I bought a bag because they were less than $2 and I remember eating pb&j with chips and a glass of milk when I was a kid. I also like putting potato chips ON my sandwiches. I enjoy the extra crunch it adds.

Salt and Vinegar chips on a turkey sandwich? De-fricking-licious!

I do not understand this. Why not just eat them on the side? Do they not just get all broken up in the sandwich?

I used to eat chips on bologna sandwiches. I like crunchy food. All the crunchy food. :-)

Crunchy is definitely my favorite of all the textures. Extra crispy fries, extra crunchy chips, super crispy chicken, crisp apples. Yes, please ALL OF IT!!!

I love Ruffles on bologna sandwiches with extra mayo ( @LBuehrle8 that's for you) and lots of crisp iceberg lettuce. :yum:

I like burnt things. I used to like the burnt edges when I ate meat. I love burnt toast. It has to be well done.

I will gladly give you all my burnt food. I HATE burnt food. The taste is just :sick:
  • Oberon21
    Options

I made breakfast for dinner last night! Scrambled eggs with cheese, biscuits, and thick cut butcher style bacon. It was wonderful! I love breakfast and I would eat it twice a day if I could.

me too. And why can't you? Lots of protein...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I ate M&M's the other night instead of a protein bar. Also, I ate a PB&J with Cheetos and a glass of milk Sunday for dinner because I'm a child. I didn't log the sandwich or chips either. :open_mouth:

I was tempted to eat 2 Quest Bars last night in order to meet my protein goal even though it would have put me well over my calories.

I log food and then am too tired or full to eat it but don't take it out of my diary.

How's that for confessions Friday?!

Peanut Butter and Jelly and Cheetos? And milk? That just sounds so gross.

I think you misspelled delicious.

nope, totally no delicious in that sentence.

You don't like pb&j's? :anguished:

i love PB&J. Its the cheetos/milk in combo factor.

Eh. I haven't eaten Cheetos in months, and I bought a bag because they were less than $2 and I remember eating pb&j with chips and a glass of milk when I was a kid. I also like putting potato chips ON my sandwiches. I enjoy the extra crunch it adds.

Salt and Vinegar chips on a turkey sandwich? De-fricking-licious!

I do not understand this. Why not just eat them on the side? Do they not just get all broken up in the sandwich?

I used to eat chips on bologna sandwiches. I like crunchy food. All the crunchy food. :-)

Crunchy is definitely my favorite of all the textures. Extra crispy fries, extra crunchy chips, super crispy chicken, crisp apples. Yes, please ALL OF IT!!!

I love Ruffles on bologna sandwiches with extra mayo ( @LBuehrle8 that's for you) and lots of crisp iceberg lettuce. :yum:

I like burnt things. I used to like the burnt edges when I ate meat. I love burnt toast. It has to be well done.

I will gladly give you all my burnt food. I HATE burnt food. The taste is just :sick:

deal! I really love burnt marshmallows.