The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I just did a 12 hour on Tuesday. I've been awake since 3pm today and I am NOT looking forward to suffering this out... BUT I made it to the gym and got my lifting in. :grin:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm heading for Virginia as soon as I get off work in the morning! Woot woot!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm heading for Virginia as soon as I get off work in the morning! Woot woot!

@jennifer_417 What is in Virginia?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm going up to visit a friend who used to live near me.
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    im in serious need of a vacation. atleast today is my Friday and its supposed to be in the 60's/70's and sunny the next 2 days....too early in the year for a day at the beach??
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Back for the start of my week...ugg. There is light at the end of the tunnel though. I'm off Mar 25th-Apr 4th. :-D
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    My long just started too.

And I agree, never too early for the beach. The weather is awesome my way too.
  • BodyByBex
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Okay, listening to the scanner and I gotta say 4D1 needs to learn to ANSWER when dispatch is checking your status!

I can HEAR her getting panicked after the 4th call. Jeebus!
    They already did a radio check with you earlier tonight. Get your smurf together! COMMUNICATE DUDE!

I just wanna punch you in the face.

/end rant

Moral: Don't stress your dispatcher. We've had enough craziness the last two nights. We ALL(even security at MD Anderson) would like to know that you are code 4. K thanks.

• bethanie0825
    Options
    Yes, please don't scare your dispatchers lol
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Yes, please don't scare your dispatchers lol

I REALLY thought she was about to send the cavalry out there or start crying...or both.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    With the world the way it is, you never know. It's sad.
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    finally going back to evenings effective Monday...thank the stars.

this whole dayshift, light-duty thing was nice for a bit, but i'm not/never have been a morning person.

and i will definitely check in when dispatch asks for a status update. :)
  • Kie_Hughes
    Kie_Hughes Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Night shifter here. Hate eating on nights though and always feel like I've got a hangover the next day. Heads on upside down ha ha
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    So I don't feel like death anymore. But took the night off to give my barking cough a chance to calm the eff down and it has. Should be back in the seat tomorrow night.

Welcome back to the darkside @hamptontom
  • BodyByBex
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Welcome back @hamptontom !

I worked day shift for 4 hours last week. That smurf is for the BIRDS! I do not see WHY everyone else is clamoring for day shift, I think it blows.

Update on me. Sorry if it's TMI.

Since last Friday I have been experiencing some breast pain and I kind of ignored it until Tuesday, when it got worse, and scheduled a doctor appointment for Thursday afternoon. Nothing conclusive from the initial exam, but given my history, my doctor wants me to schedule an ultrasound, soon. I should know more next week.

The pain has lessened but it is still there and is no longer a sharp zinging pain from my armpit, across the underside of my breast to my nipple. Now, it is just a heavy soreness and a slight burning sensation in my nipple.
    It was initially only when I leaned forward or bent over and now it's almost constant, especially when I sit down. The "annoyance", as I call it, is in both breasts, but mostly in my left and I have a cyst she wants images of in my right breast.

I am pretty sure it's nothing, but I'm hoping it's like a torn ligament or something that requires surgery so I could be like "Hey, while you're in there, make 'em smaller so this doesn't happen again. :wink: "

No, I'm not pregnant
    and I didn't THINK I was worried or stressed until my doctor kept pushing the ultrasound on me.
    After the appointment I made it to my car, called my mom, totally calm. I made it to the main highway to get me home and had to pull over because I was hyperventilating and crying. I managed to calm down after a bit and stopped to see a friend I haven't seen in a long time and talked for about an hour. Then I went home and told my dad and my uncle.

I still don't think it's anything serious, but the worry is obviously still kind of there(as noted by my tearing up as I type this).

I'm frustrated right now because the imaging place I need to go to wants me to fax paperwork to them and I don't have a functioning fax. So I'm going in person on Monday just to MAKE an appointment for hopefully Wednesday or Thursday morning and give them copies of the paperwork.
    The appointment HAS to be in the morning because I'm pretty sure Gerwick (MagicThyroidPill/Migraine girl) is going to call in sick again like she did this past week. I hate that she pulls this ***** RIGHT when I start getting friendlier with her. I'm hoping we're giving her enough rope to hang herself with but with FMLA it makes things fuzzy.

SSP left on the 10th for a road trip to New York and will be out until 21st and has been texting me constantly to ask 'how I'm feeling'. It's sweet but it's also starting to get a LITTLE annoying. I'm humoring him though because he is showing that he cares and there's basically nothing else he can do right now.
  • Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Just started night shift!
  • fireguy262
    Options

welcome to the circus
  • BodyByBex
    edited March 2016
    Options
    fireguy262 wrote: »

welcome to the circus

What?! Was that some sort of shot at my Chimps, bro? Because some of them ARE from the circus and they were VERY MISTREATED! :rage::rage::rage:

:tongue: :kissing_heart:

Note: I'm just *kitten* with you.

Although, we DO have a retired circus chimp and many former lab subjects that were mistreated. :cry:
  • fireguy262
    Options
    i always wanted a pet chimp....
  • lealei85
    lealei85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Glad I found this thread ...looking round make some friends who know the nightshift struggle! Meal planning and eating /sleeping. Add me :)