Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    And all your dips and pull-ups are giving me the sads. The strength is there but my shoulders utterly hate both movements.

Same here, which is why I don't do either.

• CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Nice lifts! @CarlKRobbo

I kinda get the whole weak train after coming back. Nervous for what my squat and deadlift are going to be like reloading late next month.

Thanks @Willbenchforcupcakes

As for the strength loss, i think i'm 2 weeks out from being where i started at the program that got me to the lifts above. To get back there will be another 2 months at least :(
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Well, I am back at it,but only as a quasi-powerlifter in the meantime while the dumb chest injury heals. At least I am back in my garage gym.

Rebuilding and retooling my deadlift starts here. 410 hard triple. Last rep PR around this weight was 415x9.

https://youtu.be/XqyuvJ3qqLg

I knocked off 20 pounds in this reset.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Nice solid form NDG
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Nicely done Matt!

@CarlKRobbo - I've been on the injured list for lower body lifts for the last 11 1/2 months, although I've had medical clearance to reload since late November. Just had important competitions that were bench only and therefore reloading didn't make much sense. 41 days and then I get to see what has happened o my upper range
    Options
    Nicely done Matt!
    Thanks Dana!

From this morning, hit my rep goal of 8 at 330 lbs. In the meantime, I am going to continue to build my squat while I reset on bench and deadlift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxjJrw54XJc
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Nicely done Matt!
    Thanks Dana!

From this morning, hit my rep goal of 8 at 330 lbs. In the meantime, I am going to continue to build my squat while I reset on bench and deadlift.

Looks good mate.

It's funny that we've got such a similar squat style. I wonder if we've got the same limb/torso ratio's even though I'm a hobbit and you're a corn-fed giant (or whatever they're feeding you in Wisconsin)?
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    Nicely done Matt!
    Thanks Dana!

I love watching you lift. Seriously just makes me happy
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    Looks good mate.

It's funny that we've got such a similar squat style. I wonder if we've got the same limb/torso ratio's even though I'm a hobbit and you're a corn-fed giant (or whatever they're feeding you in Wisconsin)?
    Giant? lol. You should see some of the younger high school athletes out here nowadays, both men and women. They tower over me. Crazy

IDK, perhaps this is a case where lengths of body parts are not as relevant, but strengths and weakness in muscle groups that affect technique are?
    Why thanks! I think I love lifting as much as you love watching me lift! :#
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    Looks good mate.

Giant? lol. You should see some of the younger high school athletes out here nowadays, both men and women. They tower over me. Crazy

IDK, perhaps this is a case where lengths of body parts are not as relevant, but strengths and weakness in muscle groups that affect technique are?

Aww thanks Matt! I'm having a minor freak out meltdown over my next meet. I think it's hitting home just how big it is and how many people will be watching, not necessarily in person but on the live stream.
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Looks good mate.

Aww thanks Matt! I'm having a minor freak out meltdown over my next meet. I think it's hitting home just how big it is and how many people will be watching, not necessarily in person but on the live stream.
    You'll do great @Willbenchforcupcakes . I know its a big meet and all, but once back on that platform all that training sets in and the live stream wont be a factor. MY second meet was streamed, I just made sure not to grab my junk too much or when I did -- off camera. Us guys are always adjusting. :D
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    Looks good mate.

You'll do great @Willbenchforcupcakes . I know its a big meet and all, but once back on that platform all that training sets in and the live stream wont be a factor. MY second meet was streamed, I just made sure not to grab my junk too much or when I did -- off camera. Us guys are always adjusting. :D

Lol! Yeah, guys and their junk. I have images seared into my brain from commonwealth, especially the Australian singlets. Whoever thought their bright yellow was the color to put on the bottom of a tight piece of Lycra with not much underneath didn't think things through. Nothing at all left to the imagination in person - worse than any other singlet I've seen!

I've got rock solid confident in the numbers for my first two attempts. I own those numbers, and I should have a very good third. It's just makin sure I channel the nerves the exact way I did at commonwealth.
    Options
    Lol! Yeah, guys and their junk. I have images seared into my brain from commonwealth, especially the Australian singlets. Whoever thought their bright yellow was the color to put on the bottom of a tight piece of Lycra with not much underneath didn't think things through. Nothing at all left to the imagination in person - worse than any other singlet I've seen!
    CT in the house!
    I've got rock solid confident in the numbers for my first two attempts. I own those numbers, and I should have a very good third. It's just makin sure I channel the nerves the exact way I did at commonwealth.
    Do you do the platform thing? For me, its like I throw a mental switch -- everything around me pushes to the side, vision narrows, and I can't help but smile as I get under the bar.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    CT in the house!
    Do you do the platform thing? For me, its like I throw a mental switch -- everything around me pushes to the side, vision narrows, and I can't help but smile as I get under the bar.

For me it happens while waiting for weigh ins. Even though I'm talking here and there with friends, my mind is focused on lifting. And usually I have a jolt of nerves as soon as I set foot on the platform, but it's easily channeled into positive forms.
    Options
    CT in the house!

For me it happens while waiting for weigh ins. Even though I'm talking here and there with friends, my mind is focused on lifting. And usually I have a jolt of nerves as soon as I set foot on the platform, but it's easily channeled into positive forms.
    Then PR-ville!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Alright. Went off the radar for a while. I injured both RC's removing trees and the left one still isn't normal yet. So I quit lifting. I resumed distance running. And my BW went from 190 to 150lb.

This is my last dead vid before I stopped. 415 @ 185

This is my current dead (first day lifting) 315x3 @ 150. Tried 365, but I got stuck at my knees. 225x10 after.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    Nice! @ROBOTFOOD

@nakedraygun - if I hit this on the platform, it's a platform pr.

• McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Haven't posted any of mine for a few weeks. Here's my DL from this morning. 335x5
    https://youtu.be/GRcszcF2jHc
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Alright. Went off the radar for a while. I injured both RC's removing trees and the left one still isn't normal yet. So I quit lifting. I resumed distance running. And my BW went from 190 to 150lb.

Nice pulls. I know the injury grind all too well.
    @nakedraygun - if I hit this on the platform, it's a platform pr.

I know its not as technically as pretty as you'd like it to be @Willbenchforcupcakes , but looks like three whites to me!
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Haven't posted any of mine for a few weeks. Here's my DL from this morning. 335x5
    Nice pulls too @McCloud3 . Looks like you're working harder on better hip activation too.
    Options
    From this weekend...

Had a good deadlift session on Saturday, the hammy holding up pretty well. 410x7 - hit my rep goal and had another 1 or 2 in the tank, but decided not to push it too much as the hammy is a little tender still.

Then some moderate squats (up to 80% of TM) on Sunday after seeing the Melvins and Napalm Death and some old friends from the night before. 295x10.

And then on Sunday, I gave the bench press (245x6) a shot to keep that groove and to test out how the injury is.

Missed my rep goal of 2, but that's because I thought my second workset (225x8) was my top set. My bench was so sweet, the groove so well greased, and my strength and confidence was at all times high before the injury I hope that I can get it back in a short, but reasonable amount of time.