Replies

• littlebrittfit
    littlebrittfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    to each their own. personally, no.
  • silvercoin2122
    silvercoin2122 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I haven't shaved my legs or my arm pits in such a long time, too lazy. Prickly hair sucks
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey, at least you don't have to shave your back!. . Now THAT's a pain!

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    The main problem I see from this "hippy movement", are comments from people out in public in regards to odors.

Like I said, we all know some people don't bathe, or wear deodorant. And some people don't like to inhale dirty *kitten* smells from people, I, being one of them.

Rude or not, I always make comments so the culprit can hear. And like most, they get butthurt or offended for being a dirt bag.

Kind of like those emo kids who cut themselves. You stare at them, they get upset, and go home cry and cut some.

I think it's all about attention anyhow, but that is just ones mans opinion.

don't forget those people that commit suicide
    total attention *kitten* amirite

Whoa... what brought that up? Not even close to what was being talked about.

its exactly what you were talking about

you said people cut themselves for attention

people self harm when they are mentally troubled
    suicide is just the ultimate in self harm

own your words buddy

I'm very close to someone who spent a long time cutting herself and speaks of suicide a lot. I think you're totally on to something. The doctor said "she's looking for attention". God forbid she and the others who feel the need actually succeed one day :(
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    But on the subject of being hairy...everyone has the right to do what they want to their bodies. If that's shaving shave....if it's turning into the love of Sasquatch, so be it. I personally hate facial hair on hubs, and I really don't like having hairy armpits or legs, so it's a must for me. But to each her own!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    gross
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    The main problem I see from this "hippy movement", are comments from people out in public in regards to odors.

Like I said, we all know some people don't bathe, or wear deodorant. And some people don't like to inhale dirty *kitten* smells from people, I, being one of them.

Rude or not, I always make comments so the culprit can hear. And like most, they get butthurt or offended for being a dirt bag.

Kind of like those emo kids who cut themselves. You stare at them, they get upset, and go home cry and cut some.

I think it's all about attention anyhow, but that is just ones mans opinion.

I'm going to assume you are being funny, but I'm also going to assume you don't realize how serious the act of cutting can be, to the cutter, and to his/her family. Not all cutters are emo, and not all cutters really want attention, and if they do, they probably NEED that attention. It's not as funny as one would think, when you see the marks on your childs' arm.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    gramarye wrote: »
    I used to cut myself when I was 13-14, but I hid the cuts. Mostly I did it because of rape trauma... But hopefully I didn't smell and offend the awesome people who might make comments somewhere within my hearing.

There's a difference between trauma, and emotional damage that requires help from a professional, and the emo kids who do it for attention.

Don't take something and twist it around. I understand this is text on a wall ... but not everything it meant to offend you.

Your initial post was about how you deliberately make a point of offending strangers in public. You are, in fact, an offensive person and I don't understand how you're shocked to learn that people are offended by how utterly out-of-touch and ridiculous your commentary is.

My initial post was never of the sort. I suggest you go back and find my initial post and read. And yes, I do make it a point to say something if someone is walking around smelling like trash. There's a difference if you're in a gym... sweating and your deodorant isn't strong enough.... and when you're in a movie or eating and having to smell someone who smells like they bathed in cat pee. I offend a lot of people.... just how I am, and I won't apologize for that. It just shows how sensitive some people are on certain subjects, and how people like to take words and manipulate them to what they see fit as interpretation. :smiley:
  • martyqueen52
    Options
    I used to cut myself when I was 13-14, but I hid the cuts. Mostly I did it because of rape trauma... But hopefully I didn't smell and offend the awesome people who might make comments somewhere within my hearing.

There's a difference between trauma, and emotional damage that requires help from a professional, and the emo kids who do it for attention.

Don't take something and twist it around. I understand this is text on a wall ... but not everything it meant to offend you.

Your initial post was about how you deliberately make a point of offending strangers in public. You are, in fact, an offensive person and I don't understand how you're shocked to learn that people are offended by how utterly out-of-touch and ridiculous your commentary is.

My initial post was never of the sort. I suggest you go back and find my initial post and read. And yes, I do make it a point to say something if someone is walking around smelling like trash. There's a difference if you're in a gym... sweating and your deodorant isn't strong enough.... and when you're in a movie or eating and having to smell someone who smells like they bathed in cat pee. I offend a lot of people.... just how I am, and I won't apologize for that. It just shows how sensitive some people are on certain subjects, and how people like to take words and manipulate them to what they see fit as interpretation. :smiley:

I bet you're a blast to be around. The smile emoji let's me know so.

B)B) Oh, I am!
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

:(
  • martyqueen52
    Options

Saying outloud that someone smells bad is, in fact, making a point of offending them. I've have maybe twice, in my entire life, smelled people who can be described as "smelling like trash" or "like they bathed in cat pee," and every time they were homeless. Either here in Kansas we breed people with better hygiene, or you have the most sensitive nose of all time. And you're, by the way, conflating these things to people who don't shave their pits by talking about it a thread about grooming one's body hair. This is not a causation thing; not shaving your body hair doesn't automatically lead to an aggressively bad body odor.

I mean, carry on thinking you're cool and just telling it how it is or whatever, but it doesn't change that you either don't have empathy for people (clear in your commentary about people who "cut for the attention") or you're deliberately the walking embodiment of an internet troll.

Oh I know it offends them, I don't need you to tell me that, hence, why I do it.

Next time you take someone to a nice restaurant for a birthday or ... just because, and you have to smell an aroma... I hope you don't offend anyone.

I'm not going to argue with people who want to make fallacy of a misinterpreted conflation.

So keep claiming I'm this and that, and how cool I think I am, either way it really doesn't matter, nor change anything.

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

Saying outloud that someone smells bad is, in fact, making a point of offending them. I've have maybe twice, in my entire life, smelled people who can be described as "smelling like trash" or "like they bathed in cat pee," and every time they were homeless. Either here in Kansas we breed people with better hygiene, or you have the most sensitive nose of all time. And you're, by the way, conflating these things to people who don't shave their pits by talking about it a thread about grooming one's body hair. This is not a causation thing; not shaving your body hair doesn't automatically lead to an aggressively bad body odor.

I mean, carry on thinking you're cool and just telling it how it is or whatever, but it doesn't change that you either don't have empathy for people (clear in your commentary about people who "cut for the attention") or you're deliberately the walking embodiment of an internet troll.

Oh I know it offends them, I don't need you to tell me that, hence, why I do it.

Next time you take someone to a nice restaurant for a birthday or ... just because, and you have to smell an aroma... I hope you don't offend anyone.

I'm not going to argue with people who want to make fallacy of a misinterpreted conflation.

So keep claiming I'm this and that, and how cool I think I am, either way it really doesn't matter, nor change anything.

BRB gonna go get my dictionary
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm sure this has been said, but I think it's crazy that it has to be a "movement" at all.