The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Guess what peeps! 12 of 12 underway!!!! whoop whoop. I have Sat off and then I fly out of town for a seminar on Sunday. Hotel gym, here I come.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I had one day off and slept RIGHT through it. Slept all of today to so I could be ready for work tonight.

Ugh. Thank goodness there are only 4 shifts in this work week(I hope). I guess my coworker's husband is pitching a tent in the "going to die" camp. So THAT will be fun to deal with...not.
    It would mean more overtime while she gets everything in order and takes time to mourn. Then hopefully she'll retire and move in with her mother in Indiana. I think it would be good for her.
    OR he could jump back and be in recovery before we know it. I dunno. I can't wait for midnight so I can walk around and make amends for the ENTIRE DIGIORNO PIZZA I ate at 3am... :grimace:
  • TK6299
    Options
    So... I plugged my phone in yesterday and the screen went immediately black. At first thought, oh boy, an update. 30 minutes later when my phone was still black and would not respond to anything, I started to get worried. It's officially dead. $20 for Saturday delivery and I need to sign for it... looks like I am staying up tomorrow. Crummy thing is, when I got off yesterday, I had to stay up until 0800 (normally in bed by 0630) so that I could call Verizon. By 0830, they told me that I needed to go to a retail location which opened at 1000. No... went to bed and got 4 hrs sleep before going. Running on empty tonight..
  • MYMKLIFE
    MYMKLIFE Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    That sucks. :/
  • TK6299
    Options
    Yes it does! :'(
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I hate when I get unexpected problems that have to be dealt with during my sleep time. I especially hate it when it's a clinic calling. They know I sleep during the day and call anyway.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Random storm at 5am knocked out power and did damage to buildings and we lost a lot of trees..one even fell on a VAN!
    It was like a hurricane just showed up outta nowhere.
    Fire department said it looked like a tornado blew through the area across the street. My family was without power for 14 hours.

It was awesome. Let's do it again next week! :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    You guys have been getting hammered lately. I hope it lets up soon.
  • chsberthelot
    chsberthelot Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So tired of staring at screens. Come on 530!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »
    ...which is more troubling than usual because...well, they're freakin' microwave burritos. you'd think i'd have food mirages about something that was actually worth the trouble. :)

The reason not having anything to do with weight loss, but I can't even think of the last time I had a microwave burrito.

When I was a kid though my parents bought them in huge bags from Costco... and that was like the special meal night for the week. Well, at least as kids, we thought so. For my parents it was probably the 'shut the f up and eat' meal that only took them 2 minutes to make.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Random storm at 5am knocked out power and did damage to buildings and we lost a lot of trees..one even fell on a VAN!
    It was like a hurricane just showed up outta nowhere.
    Fire department said it looked like a tornado blew through the area across the street. My family was without power for 14 hours.

It was awesome. Let's do it again next week! :laugh:

Damn woman! That's crazy as hell!

I'm in denial that my weekend off is almost over :'( They do so fricken fast and they're always busy. We managed to cut down some of the activity but still...And starting tomorrow night I work 7 of the next 8. I def need the OT so suck it up I shall!

How'd every one else's weekend go?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Just as quick as things picked up, they have slowed down. I think I'll get a nap tonight. I LOVE my job! :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Alrighty, more thunderstorms tonight but I did the phone test before I even knew about them. I even got one full set of rounds done before I got wet! I prefer to do three and without my coat, admittedly I will be down on rounds, and steps, today. Until I get home and can elliptical myself to death.

Hit the weights very light this afternoon, due to a back twinge(it hurts more when I sit for prolonged periods of time). I say "light" I was still squatting 135 and then I dead lifted 155 and did some pull ups...well...assisted but I will get there. And then, in my weight lifting shoes, I proceeded to go for a 3 mile run/walk, spur of the moment.

I've finally broken my 163 pound barrier and saw 162.4 on the scale today!

In other news:

I'll be submitting my application and resume for UTPD-Austin to be a police cadet on Tuesday, so all the good vibes PLEASE! I would REALLY like to help people in this capacity and it will open up many doors for me. :smile:

We had a LOT of trees down in our area and some people were still without power today. Everyone is working on it, people volunteering and things like that. I'll probably pop into the animal shelter here in Bastrop on Wednesday and see if they need anymore hands. Ya know...since the roof of their barn got ripped off by 75 mph winds on Saturday morning. :grimace:

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! I hope the back issue clears soon. Sorry about the storms. Hope all the family stays safe and well.
  • Lostin252
    Lostin252 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see rain! Nothing but sand here.... Buts it's also 1057 AM and y'all are the only people awake at home to talk to!
  • aflies
    aflies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Lostin252 wrote: »
    I'd love to see rain! Nothing but sand here.... Buts it's also 1057 AM and y'all are the only people awake at home to talk to!

Where are you at now?
  • aflies
    aflies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! I hope the back issue clears soon. Sorry about the storms. Hope all the family stays safe and well.

I thought you were going to take a nap tonight... LOL. Get some rest while you can.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, more thunderstorms tonight but I did the phone test before I even knew about them. I even got one full set of rounds done before I got wet! I prefer to do three and without my coat, admittedly I will be down on rounds, and steps, today. Until I get home and can elliptical myself to death.

Hit the weights very light this afternoon, due to a back twinge(it hurts more when I sit for prolonged periods of time). I say "light" I was still squatting 135 and then I dead lifted 155 and did some pull ups...well...assisted but I will get there. And then, in my weight lifting shoes, I proceeded to go for a 3 mile run/walk, spur of the moment.

I've finally broken my 163 pound barrier and saw 162.4 on the scale today!

In other news:

I'll be submitting my application and resume for UTPD-Austin to be a police cadet on Tuesday, so all the good vibes PLEASE! I would REALLY like to help people in this capacity and it will open up many doors for me. :smile:

We had a LOT of trees down in our area and some people were still without power today. Everyone is working on it, people volunteering and things like that. I'll probably pop into the animal shelter here in Bastrop on Wednesday and see if they need anymore hands. Ya know...since the roof of their barn got ripped off by 75 mph winds on Saturday morning. :grimace:

Sounds like all the awesome are belong to you! You can totally do this! Stay safe!
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If the last post was night shift than this post is Grave Yard, and it's my Friday at work. Can I go home now?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird YOU GO GIRL!!! Sending lots of good vibes your way! And I hope they get that mess cleaned up soon. We just had a line come thru my part of the woods but nothing serious at all. I hope it stays that way since I just got to work :#