Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    So much awesomeness, POF! Sorry about PK. :'(

Today is day 160 #soberdays - just for reference. ;)

Cool. Now you just have to start drinking again so I have something to catch up to!

May 20th will snap my streak.

What's happening on the 20th?

This!

dlwwuwemyect.jpg
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I just listened to an entire album while doing nothing instead of finishing the paper that's due tomorrow. Goddammit depression makes me useless. At least my calories today were okay, although my only exercise was walking between my room and classes >.>

Hugs...depression is as serious as heart disease. I hope you are getting the help you need.
    Thank you <3 working on it.
    I just listened to an entire album while doing nothing instead of finishing the paper that's due tomorrow. Goddammit depression makes me useless. At least my calories today were okay, although my only exercise was walking between my room and classes >.>

Admittedly, depression is soul-sucking and it can be incredibly difficult to turn it around. You are still succeeding. You completed a paper that was due. Good going.
    Are you getting enough sleep?
    Is there anything you do that you are proud of? Can you do that and get a little self positive reinforcement? Can you review your successes? Think about your friends and the good times you have had. Dream and think about fun goals for the future.
    Know that you have friends and we care.
    Thank you :)

My food confession for today is that I've already eaten almost all my allotted calories and it's only noon. But it's a Friday, so that's okay, right?
    I'm basically still a kid so peanut butter & banana sandwiches are the bomb and worth the ridiculous calories sometimes.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Here's a confession. I ate Mexican twice yesterday and lost .2 lbs. from last week's weigh-in.
    I know you mentioned the margarita but what else did you have? :)

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    YUM^^
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Indeed, it was, Kelly. Indeed it was!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    I recently spent over a week at Disney World, and 1) I don't like people in general anymore 2) especially foreigners.

This rubs me the wrong way and I'd like clarification about what you mean and why. I don't want to misunderstand your meaning unintentionally.

I don't like crowds, lines, or the general chaos that comes with a theme park, so I can definitely identify with not having a great time in that situation. It would be stressful and overwhelming to me, and I'd be exhausted.

What I don't understand is 1. How you classify someone as a "foreigner" (do you mean tourist? do you mean people who don't speak English well? do you mean people of color? do you mean people who aren't from the US?) or 2. Why you don't like them. Did something happen? Was there a language barrier that frustrated you?

This is an honest appeal for clarification by Bry Lander.

I do realize this is a "no judgment" zone. I don't think asking for clarification about someone's meaning is judgmental - in fact, I'm seeking the clarification in order to avoid such judgment.

Edit: Here's the thing though.... Confession: I really don't expect a response to this post. In my experience, people who say things that could be taken as inflammatory offhand rarely stick around to have a conversation about it. /shrug

I guess as a starting point, please review the title of this thread. My understanding is that this area is reserved for those who occasionally wish to escape the drudgery of political correctness and share real thoughts. So here is the explanation in response to your judgmental response:

I am applying the plain English meaning of the word “foreigner”, I am referencing people who are not citizens of the country that they are present in, which in my case, was the United States. I recognize accents, and heard English, German, Spanish, French, and various Asian dialects that I couldn’t place. If all I heard was Spanish, I may have concluded that many were American Hispanics. You can also tell by the clothing (especially shoes). I figured the family with "J'adore Disney" shirts weren't from Kansas. Without having the benefit of checking passports, I drew my conclusions accordingly. As far as drawing conclusions by color, what color are foreigners? Can you tell what country a European, S. American, or Asian is from solely by color? If so, you have an amazing talent.

Almost every notable rude interaction I had was with a foreigner. For example, when my young kids were standing along the street to watch a parade, two adults muscled their way in front of them and blocked them. When I asked them to move, they couldn’t understand / pretended not to understand, so we had to move. Bullying kids out of the way so an adult can view a parade of cartoon characters is awful behavior, sorry. There was also a lot of rudeness in line and oblivious photo-bombing that was mostly done by foreigners, but of course Americans did that as well. That is why I stated that I don’t like people “in general” any more, including Americans. Before you take offense to this, understand the tongue-in-cheek nature of such a statement.

In my travels to foreign countries (where I was indeed a foreigner, gasp), I went out of my way to be almost overly polite and tried to engage in situational awareness at all times. I didn’t trample people, speak loudly in a foreign language (English), or otherwise behave rudely. Most of those who visited Disney were also respectful, but many weren’t. Hence, my confession that was supposed to be absolutely judgment free, but apparently subjected me to serious judgment, as you implied that I am some sort of xenophobic racist by your comments.

Thanks for the explanation. Hope your next trip is filled with more happiness and less rudeness.

I understand how your snarky comments are probably coming from defensiveness. We are strangers interacting on the internet. I asked how you classified "foreigners" because that is a relevant distinction. Many people think of any non-Caucasian person as "foreign." I do no such thing, but was curious about whether you did because your initial comment was so offhand and completely open to interpretation. As you know, tone is completely vacant often in internet postings - I don't know you well enough to know what your tone is when you say any particular thing. Did you say you don't like foreigners in a "DEATH TO ALL WHO AREN'T LIKE ME" tone? Or in a "I had a lousy experience and am exaggerating in a tongue-in-cheek manner" tone? Which is why I asked for clarification. I admit my last paragraph was a bit judgmental.

As for the nature of this thread, I've been here for a long time and understand it completely. The long term posters in here know me and can attest that I'm one of the least judgmental people here. In all fairness, however, it wasn't my comment that implied you were a xenophobic racist - it was your own. And that's why I sought clarification. There are many people on this thread who are not from the US. Many of these people have become my close friends over the last year and a comment like that that I interpreted as judging these people, my friends, rubbed me the wrong way.

I will step away now, and let the thread return to its regular light-hearted awesomeness. Best wishes.

Best wishes to you as well!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else but I really don't want to dredge up old hurt feelings. Can we just drop the argument and move on. Please.

indeed. <3
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Day 2 #noalcohol
    Day 22 strike
    Day 19 non-repeating jeans

I think I end tomorrow on 20 worn pairs (1 donated). Still can't find my favorite jeans. :(

Hoping that the strike days are ended today.
    You MUST find your favorite jeans. You must!

I know! They have embroidery and fabric stitched into them. I am so upset I can't find them. They are probably lost in my closet.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    YUM^^

ditto
  • Oberon21
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Part 2:

Sunday we all got up and drove 3.5 hours to Dollywood. That turned out to be a lot of fun! I was expecting it to be a bit corny, but it really was and wasn't at the same time. Dolly Parton is really an amazing woman. We rode a water ride, got soaked and froze a good part of the afternoon, but then did several roller coasters that dried us out. We needed more time there, so now Nicci, Cherie, her Mom and I are all planning a second road trip next year with maybe 2 days (including spa) at Dollywood, a trip to Memphis, and maybe a few other places along the way. Maybe we'll start in Nashville with the marathon again next year. We have to work it out. I have Oman to visit next year too! Plus I registered for the London Marathon so we'll see if I get in there.

After Dollywood we went to a real American dinner in a real 1950's style diner. The British loved it! :) I made them try corn bread (a hit), Texas Toast (not a hit), a root beer float (not a hit), cherry pie (some thought hit/others miss). Then a looooong drive home. I was exhausted. Nicci kept talking to me to keep me awake. :)

Monday we went to a plantation in the AM before I had to leave. Belle Mead. That was interesting, but it was pouring down rain and Nicci and Cherie were a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see more of the grounds of a real plantation (most of this was sold off) and learn more about the not so proud past of slavery. We had invited Tammy to join us but she wasn't able to so we never hooked up again. Maybe next time...!

I flew back Monday afternoon and returned to the 12 hour days in the CO on Tuesday. Today is Day 22 of the strike, Day 18 of non-repeating jeans. I am also going to consider it day 19 as I put on a pair of jeans that were so huge I took them off and put them in the to be donated pile and put on another pair.

Yesterday was very sad for me. Porch Kitten, whom I have been close to catching (would wait for me/follow me/come with in a foot of me) was killed by a car yesterday morning. I found him/her immediately after when I left for the CO. He/she was already dead, but it must have just happened, as I had just fed him/her. I am devastated. I picked him/her up but he/she was clearly dead and so I moved him/her to the side of the road. I wasn't sure what to do with him/her. I came home last night and he/she was still there so I dug a hole next to my porch and buried him/her. I am still really upset and sad about this.

And lastly, I am up an inordinate amount of weight. So, my plan was to go sober again after Nashville (not that I have been drinking much) and now I need to get rid of like 10!!! lbs. I can't understand how I could have gained so much weight working non-stop moving all day at the CO but there you go... I am up 10 lbs since this strike started.

So today is day 1 of #noalcohol (I don't like to say 'sober' it implies I am drunk and since I am very rarely drunk, I'll stick with no alcohol...). I'll see if I can beat Tami's streak after she quits sometime this month, I think (and she is doing amazingly well).

I have so many pictures but having issues with my phone synching to my computer, so need to sort that out then can post.

Take care, all. Back to wiring (and disconnecting) phone service.

Patricia

I'm so jealous that you went to Dollywood. I freaking love Dolly Parton - she's a good businesswoman, by all accounts a kind person, a talented songwriter, tough, clever, and I love that she does her own thing with her own style - and I've always wanted to go! I think our next US road trip is going to include a Dollywood trip too :)

Hi! Maybe come join the road trip next year with us... 2 days in Dollywood, a trip to Memphis, a marathon in there somewhere...

In never go to concerts, but she is coming pretty close to me in June. I may go see her. I always loved her but after seeing all she is doing for her community and the town she grew up in I am twice as infatuated with her.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ^^^ AND THIS IS WHY I LOVE YOU, JTHURMAN3!!!

ditto!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I'm all full of confessions lately. I logged a grilled chicken pita for lunch (macros) but I'm seriously debating ditching that and having Arby's instead, or something equally macro deficient. I think I deserve it after having had to choke down a buttered popcorn flavored protein shake...2 SCOOPS!!! :anguished:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I'm all full of confessions lately. I logged a grilled chicken pita for lunch (macros) but I'm seriously debating ditching that and having Arby's instead, or something equally macro deficient. I think I deserve it after having had to choke down a buttered popcorn flavored protein shake...2 SCOOPS!!! :anguished:

buttered popcorn protein shake?
  • MoHousdon
    Options

buttered popcorn protein shake?

It was supposedly vanilla, but my taste buds beg to differ.