What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    People suddenly begin to be annoying about your weight loss. As if we're not doing it right, or eating the right things, or doing the right medicine. Always tempted to tell them to worry about themselves and I'll worry about me...

DO IT!! Lol, that's my usual go-to. 'You do you, and I'll do me'.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    People suddenly begin to be annoying about your weight loss. As if we're not doing it right, or eating the right things, or doing the right medicine. Always tempted to tell them to worry about themselves and I'll worry about me...

I'm always surprised at the number of people who think they know how I'm doing it and how disappointed they are when the find out it is calorie counting. I had a lady the other day tell me that I had inspired her to give up wheat and sugar. I told her that I hadn't given up wheat or sugar and had no intention to. She looked surprised and kind of disappointed and said it must all the walking. I said the walking helps, but mostly it is because I count calories. She seemed so sad. I'll never understand how someone can think that giving up wheat and sugar is easier than counting calories.

I am not sure giving up wheat and sugar is 'easier' because the first two weeks were very hellish in my case. There is nothing wrong with counting calories. After my disordered eating due to uncontrollable cravings faded in a few weeks to ZERO there was no rhyme or reason to count calories I found because when I tried to pig out on my new macro I would just stop eating when full automatically. I love my food options and it is not restrictive mentally or physically and it gives me improving health for the first time in 40 years.

Keep in mind some that start eating <50 grams of carbs daily claim they still have real cravings. In that case counting may be for life. I take no meds so if one is taking a med(s) that may impact eating clues counting may be "required". That is why I think there is no MAGIC macro that fits everyone. Regardless we all can learn to eat in a way that can give improving health I expect and lower risks from all causes of premature death. Showing our families a new way of eating may be powerful for them long after we may pass.

Perhaps some have not yet come face to face with death and I hope it never comes to that for others. I had to give my kids hope that my past 40 years is not a picture of their future 40 years.

I now understand it was first about finding the correct macro to heal my body so my brain got back in full control of the CI of CICO.

Everyone is different so my macro works for me it but it is medically proven it will not work for everyone. Do not wait until you are 63 to find the right macro for your body's needs today. Macros are subject to changing so just keep listing to your body. The most important thing is use the tools that you know/need today and keep researching new things you learn about from MFP usage If you are new here MFP is improving all of the time and providing more info. I am sure some trends will surface as our many roads to successful weight management are reviewed over time. I currently eat a way known as Very Low Carb High Fat. For how long I will eat this way I do not know but I expect I will be processed food free for life and add back in more whole food carbs as my body recovers from 40 years abuse from over eating processed foods.

Carbs direct from nature come with the fiber, etc needed. Carbs that can set on the shelf for two years and still be edible are the ones I plan to stay away from going forward.

The only valid way for one to eat is one that works for you. The N=1 is where it is at. :)

There are NO MAGIC MACRO for the masses. Give the macro that sounds most interesting a 90 day try and go from there. Keep in mind you make think you are dying especially if carrying a lot of "bad" gut microbes. It was so bad in my case I came in one day and Googled "dying from coconut oil" and what was going on in my case was easy to understand. It was the Herxheimer Reaction.

https://google.com/search?q=Herxheimer&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS611US612&oq=Herxheimer&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• jordancam
    jordancam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, so much motivation to keep going! I just started so I hope to soon be able to post something on here to motivate someone else!!!!!
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 40 pounds down, with about 60+ left to lose and I already feel like I don't really know what my body looks like. I still think of myself as 40 pounds heavier even though I know I'm wearing different clothes and feel different. Its very odd!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I find I take the time to dress better now, even when I'm home all day.

Oh, me too! I have so many clothes it is wonderful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!