Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    KAYRRIE wrote: »
    CONFESSION: I think there are such things as stupid questions. And whoever started that trend probably had a lot of them.

CONFESSION2: I hate the phrase, "You can't have your cake and eat it too."....Why the heck not?!. Whats the point of having cake and not eating it? That one just annoys the heck out of me. Don't give me cake if I can't eat it! (Had to get that one out of my system lol. That one has bothered me since I was little lol.)

I always get annoyed when someone says I need to sign my John Henry! I want to scream it's John Hancock you moron haha.

Huh? Who says this??

I've heard it countless times working at the Service Desk.

Oh do I have to sign my John Henry?

Let me sign my John Henry.

Interesting I have never heard anyone say that.

It may be a regional thing. There's a folk song in my neck of Applachia about John Henry, who supposedly won a contest against a steam driven hammer for rail spikes. Whether he was an actual person or the contest ever actually happened is open for debate.

ETA: I have no idea why people confuse John Henry with John Hancock.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    CONFESSION: I think there are such things as stupid questions. And whoever started that trend probably had a lot of them.

CONFESSION2: I hate the phrase, "You can't have your cake and eat it too."....Why the heck not?!. Whats the point of having cake and not eating it? That one just annoys the heck out of me. Don't give me cake if I can't eat it! (Had to get that one out of my system lol. That one has bothered me since I was little lol.)

I always get annoyed when someone says I need to sign my John Henry! I want to scream it's John Hancock you moron haha.

Huh? Who says this??

It may be a regional thing. There's a folk song in my neck of Applachia about John Henry, who supposedly won a contest against a steam driven hammer for rail spikes. Whether he was an actual person or the contest ever actually happened is open for debate.

They must have been asleep during history class.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Huh? Who says this??

I know that song. I also know a real-life John Hancock. He is an Aussie.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

Huh? Who says this??

Somehow, Laura, I am not surprised that you know.that song. LOL!

• nonoelmo
    Options

Huh? Who says this??

I am a country girl raised in the woods in the costal range. :smiley:
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    When John Henry was a little baby, sitting on his daddy's knee....
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Huh? Who says this??

I am a country girl raised in the woods in the costal range. :smiley:

It was just the Pacific coast, but I had a very rural childhood.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    I never got to a GNC while I was in the states and I can't seem to get them to ship to UK *pout*

I was curious about this. Never mind :( I would rather you have an amazing time than get protein mix <3
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    POF how is this strike still going on? This is ridiculous. I thought it would be over by now. Massive hugs!
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Huh? Who says this??

They must have been asleep during history class.

Even I know it's John Hancock, and I'm British. They must have been in a coma.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I never got to a GNC while I was in the states and I can't seem to get them to ship to UK *pout*

I was curious about this. Never mind :( I would rather you have an amazing time than get protein mix <3

I was a bit gutted. I tweeted them. They won't ship to UK which is ridiculous, because when you add the order to cart, it charges an international handling fee!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    POF how is this strike still going on? This is ridiculous. I thought it would be over by now. Massive hugs!
    Tim was on strike for 5 months! :o
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

how the hmmm can people afford to be on strike that long?

Its a totally different culture to strikes on the UK after Thatcher broke the unions in the 80s.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

how the hmmm can people afford to be on strike that long?

Its a totally different culture to strikes on the UK after Thatcher broke the unions in the 80s.

That's what I was thinking! I couldn't imagine being on strike that long. I hope it was worth it in the end?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options

I hate the phrase "It's always in the last place you look". Well of course it is, I'm not going to carry on looking after I found it. *eye roll*

THAT'S WHAT I SAY!!! Why in the world would I keep looking for something once I've found it. :confused:
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I hate the phrase "It's always in the last place you look". Well of course it is, I'm not going to carry on looking after I found it. *eye roll*

THAT'S WHAT I SAY!!! Why in the world would I keep looking for something once I've found it. :confused:

Or even better, when you say that you have lost something "Where was the last place that you had it?" Uh, yeah, that is the first place I looked, and it isn't there!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    It's Friday the 13th with a full moon, people! Watch out! LOL
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Or even better, when you say that you have lost something "Where was the last place that you had it?" Uh, yeah, that is the first place I looked, and it isn't there!

I know! Unless I really didn't have a clue I would look in the last place and then the most obvious places. And then just be like 'Pffft it's gone forever, I must go and buy a new (better) one' Mwah ha ha ha
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    It's Friday the 13th with a full moon, people! Watch out! LOL

Why have I not noticed this? I did weightlifting and everything. :# I'm glad I didn't weigh myself this morning.