The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    What's up peeps! Working an OT shift tonight. Ugh... Going soooooo slow. Have VIP tickets to see the Blue Angels tomorrow. So excited!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    We had someone quit this week, so I'm expecting some extra hours to roll my way. I don't mind, except when I actually have to do them. But I love them come payday.
  • TK6299
    Options
    Pay day is nice, but working with no days off really sucks. Makes you enjoy time off so much more!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    *peeks in* Oh hey, how's it going? Missed you guys!
    hi! How's everyone's night going? I found my weight loss has slowed down the past few weeks. Looking back at my food diary I noticed a trend with coffee and carbs. I have tried but failed with avoiding carbs when I have coffee. Muffins, cookies, you know, the bad good stuff. It's been 5 weeks since I stopped coffee at work altogether and surprisingly, I have been sleeping better and aside from the first hour or so, I have been able to make my entire shift caffeine free.

I work better all night without caffeine too. People think I'm nuts but I absolutely agree. And sleep better too.
    We had someone quit this week, so I'm expecting some extra hours to roll my way. I don't mind, except when I actually have to do them. But I love them come payday.

This is me :+1: All day long :smiley:

My week starts tomorrow night but I'll be turning in shortly. Had my first ever Brazilian jujitsu lesson Saturday. I'm sore as hell but god it was awesome. The hubs and I are taking lessons from a coworker of his; same coworker operates the gym my stepson goes to for jujitsu. Then we weeded out the flower beds around the house and spread pine straw.

And I got sunburnt on one arm...it was 65 degrees :neutral: My hubby got a good laugh lol. He's lucky I love his butt some days :smiley:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    We haven't had enough sun to get sunburned lately. A lot of wind though. Cycling has kind of sucked these last few days.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Boo, that sucks. It's been quite nice the past few days, once we got out of a very rainy pattern. Even had the windows open yesterday and today (which is usually unheard of around my parts once May starts).

Back to work today. Gotta make the donuts
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Its been cold here, too. I'd like to see some sun, but I shouldn't complain, the a/c is out in my car and the earliest I can get it fixed is mid-June.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Those were some LARGE puppies we took via C-Section tonight! No wonder the mother couldn't pass them.
  • Cataldoodledoo
    Cataldoodledoo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Morning from the UK!
  • TK6299
    Options
    Morning from St. Louis, USA
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    It's almost goodnight for me lol

Hope puppies and momma are doing well @sufferlandrian
  • sufferlandrian
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed. Wait, I would have needed to go to bed first. :smile:

By the way. Mom and the puppies did great. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Looks like I'm working a double tomorrow, so I'll be partying with you guys!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I'll be at work too yay!

I probably shouldn't be sitting up watching Carnival Eats at 0130. Earlier, he showed a slice of frozen cheesecake, dipped in chocolate, then rolled in bacon bits. If you've never tried chocolate dipped bacon, you don't know what you're missing!!!!
  • aflies
    aflies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Clocking in a little over 100 hours in the past two weeks.... I am so tired and totally not eating well. What is everyone else up to tonight?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Just same ol' same old for me. Couple of more nights until I get a short mini vacation. I'll be off work for 7 days!!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm working a double tomorrow, so I'll be partying with you guys!

My condolences. At least you know ahead of time
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    i'm pulling out of the parking lot at midnight to drive to Sandusky, OH for a show...so I'll be up, but not exactly accessible. kinda like the rest of my life. :)
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    That's a long drive! Have a great time!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Sandusky use to be in my neck of the woods. I haven't been to Cedar Point in probably 14 years.
    lacroyx wrote: »
    Just same ol' same old for me. Couple of more nights until I get a short mini vacation. I'll be off work for 7 days!!

Woohoo!