Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Annr take care stay positive
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,211 Member
    Options
    Becca - I have been thinking of you all through my Svalbard trip. <3 Tough stuff to go through.

Strangely enough DH and I have been arguing over dinner about this thread. We have twice been the last people in the Dining Room and still going at it! I can't quite work out what his problem is. Jealousy? It's like he doesn't trust me to know the difference between real life and online relationships. He says he has explained it a hundred times, but I still haven't worked out what his problem is. ( This has nothing to do with Penny, because he thoroughly enjoyed that meet up). All I know is that you ladies are important to me and if he doesn't understand it then that's his problem,. >:) Is it just men?

Still having very, very happy memories of our meet up with Penny
    Heather, now motoring on to Tromeo.
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Penny: You are far braver than I am. Heather, sounds like an enriching trip and I am delighted for both of you.

Becca, Joyce and MargaretTurk: Sending healing energy for your DHs on a daily basis.

I've spent the entire day on my porch scrubbing the concrete floor. Cleaned up alot of water stains and gunk. Enjoying the results? Not yet. Have to shower and go buy a wholesome take out meal cause my back is sore.

I'm big on Quest bars, which come in a plethora of flavors. Also like Health Warrior Chia bars alot.

Has anyone else read The Calorie Myth? I've got the audiobook on my kindle, but having a hard time getting through it. Only so many 'rat' studies I can tolerate. Well, hopefully I'll get to the real meat of the message soon.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills, baking in 89 degrees
  • laoighse
    laoighse Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm Louise from Ireland. I've been losing fifteen and gaining 20 for years but I feel in a good place now. I've been checking into MFP for 36 days and I have lost about 7 lbs. I'm very short so I lose very slowly. I'd be happy to weigh 40 less than I do now, but I could lose 50 and still not be super skinny. One pound at a time. Looking forward to getting to know you all
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,211 Member
    Options
    PS - That should be Tromso with a cross over the last o. :D Internet so patchy so I can't say what I wanted to say.
    Magical time - a one off. Glorious snow scarred mountains. Old abandoned town. Warm and wise hearts. Lucky, lucky me.
    Heather , on her way across the Barentsburg Sea to:Tromso. In the Midnight Sun
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    welcome Louise. Logging and checking in and of course moving are the reasons I have not regained this time. Keep on checking in with MFP!

Heather r u jealous when DH is wrapped up in watching sports? The double standard is so unfair. As long as social media isn't a persons entire life, I don't see how checking in with the forum is overdoing it. Just sayin' :* NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    Options
    N
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Becca: You and hubby are in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for taking the time to check in with everything going on.
    DJ: Thanks for letting me know that logging in advance didn't work for you
    Margaret: I love your planter - it is so creative! <3
    Louise: I'm very short too and also have difficulty losing. Welcome!

Carey-Northern Alberta
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Becca - Gosh darn it, your husband is having a tough time. I hope he doesn’t get pancreatitis from the ERCP - it’s a good sign that he could eat and is not in pain. The bile duct nick is a pain in the patootie. I hate to think of the surgeons having to do a laparoscopy but that may be necessary if he has a lot of scar tissue…stupid stone, anyway…and I cannot believe that your car was towed to another level of the parking garage. That’s a little unsettling. Twilight zone-like.

Kat in Illinois & Janetr OKC - Have you tried the Premier Protein shakes? Sometimes I work some crazy hours & after a long day I am much more susceptible to grazing, behavior I engage in when I am tired & stressed. A Premier Protein shake in the car on the way home from work does 2 things for me:
    1) it is on plan, so I feel more in control as I start to shed the day, and
    2) its 30g of protein is filling
    (It tastes as good as any protein shake, I like the chocolate best.)

I also like, though am not currently relying on, Atkins bars. Some of them are downright delicious, and again, have protein in them, which helps curb cravings.

Charro - yummy doggie, what a sweet girl

GLo on the North Shore of Ma - I should like to be a guest at your house and put my cheek on a pillowcase that has been ironed and smells of lavendar.

RE in TX - I can relate to needing the non-scale victories more than needing to weigh less. I get obsessed with the scale, so am weighing at my doctor’s office every 6 weeks and am delighted to notice signs of improvement such as looser clothes, better exercise tolerance, and more energy. Sleeping a little better too. I feel happier. Good luck to you, and thank you so much for posting that experience in which you saw your older self sitting in the wheelchair. Pretty sobering, and a powerful tale.

Irene Irene Irene - I used to be you, but in a different field of work. You are undoubtedly better at planning and taking your food with you so that your insane schedule isn’t a reason for eating poorly. Me, not so much. I would not have had success during my previous weight loss venture without having a case of Premier Protein shakes and 2-3 Lean Cuisines in the freezer at work for back-up. This time it is easier because I have put a cap on my hours so I have more time to plan & prep food. You are one busy lady!

Carol - I used to have a Pom/Chihuahua mix named Dusty. She was my sweet baby, it almost killed me when she died. Still hurts me more than 40 years later.

We put in Zoysia plugs 3 years ago. Labor intensive. We have a couple of areas we need to patch but I think I will just get a few rolls and

Joyce - You made me laugh about killing a forum thread by posting. You haven’t succeeded with this one yet, you Cyanide Susie, you!
    How’s your husband’s wound care coming along? So great you can do it for him, so many people would be averse. Hope the mall-walking works for him. Thinking of you both.

Lisa in West Texas - I remember when my son quit a job he was really good at, but really hated, and the 4 of them lived on his wife’s teacher’s salary for 5 months while he devoted himself to a full-time job search. Now that he has a great job and is highly marketable, it seems obvious that it was the most efficient way to make the necessary change, but at the time it was like the “leap of faith” scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I do hope your hubby can find the job he wants without quitting the one he has now, so your warehouse reno can go forward as planned.

Heather & Penny - You have warmed our hearts, all the way from the North Pole!!!

Debbie in Texas - I went on Optifast a few years ago under medical supervision. I was dragging butt. I had no strength to lift weights or do much of anything other than what I was obligated to do. My doctor upped my protein and my calories and it made a world of difference. Thankfully, it wasn’t a medical condition. Good that you are going to see your doctor about your fatigue.

Kelly - Thanks for the kind words about being a newbie. Who knew you are, too!

NYKaren - That’s a neat story you told about your fan at the party. You probably gave her the oomph she needed to get on with her own journey. Glad nothing awkward happened while there.

Alison - I love Mary Chapin Carpenter. Glad the two of you have plans to do something together you both enjoy.

Cheri - wind beneath your wings for your trip back to Ohio.

Everyone else <3

Karen in Virginia
  • debbierichardson7186
    debbierichardson7186 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Kim: MFP puts me on 1750; I decided on 1500. I drink at least a gallon of water each day. To drink half my weight would be over 2 gallons a day. Not sure I could do that and still eat enough calories. I am full and really can't eat more than I am.

Becca: Glad to hear from you. Do take care of yourself!! I know it's hard when procedures don't go as planned. That has happened to DH a couple of times. Am praying for you and DH.

Debbie in TX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Becca - I have been thinking of you all through my Svalbard trip. <3 Tough stuff to go through.

Strangely enough DH and I have been arguing over dinner about this thread. We have twice been the last people in the Dining Room and still going at it! I can't quite work out what his problem is. Jealousy? It's like he doesn't trust me to know the difference between real life and online relationships. He says he has explained it a hundred times, but I still haven't worked out what his problem is. ( This has nothing to do with Penny, because he thoroughly enjoyed that meet up). All I know is that you ladies are important to me and if he doesn't understand it then that's his problem,. >:) Is it just men?

I think my husband was having a few questions about this group, too, but he was keeping that to himself pretty well. Two things really stood out for him and put him at ease. The first was your Sourdough Rye Bread recipe, which we've had fun making and he loves. The second was when he got to meet Rori in person while we were visiting our daughter in Colorado last fall.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :)Becca,add me to the list of your friends who were worried about you and your hubby...how stressful for both of you....medical uncertainty, missing car, and the nasty drive...you are my hero, handling all this with alacrity balance.
    atv8welfwm3g.jpg

• pipcd34
    Options
    O
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Great cycle Challange, 223,6mi done 176.4 miles to go
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone ((((((((hugs)))). The nurses were able to find a gurney bed and wheeled that into my husbands room. I stayed there both Thursday and Friday night. I helped him disconnect his legs from the compression machine, untangle his IV tubes, and speak for my husband when he was asleep. At least once a day we had the nurse come into the room with little cups filled with laxative medicines. The fact that instructions were to have the cups be poured thru the feeding tube. Um....if you give him laxatives you REALLY will have a problem nurse....and he doesn't even HAVE a feeding tube! Both husband and I are thinking there is a patient around there with blockage and no one giving them medicine!

I just sent updates to both Navy sons, so they are in the loop. I hope they don't freak out too much. I did tell them that he was in no pain, except for the tube site, and has made the nurses blush once or twice. How you can make a nurse blush is beyond me, haven't they seen it all for the most part? I mean all my husband was doing was "fanning" his gown a bit, because he was airing out...hahaha. I looked at her and stated plainly that he was a kilt wearer as well. Enough said.

((hugs)))
    Becca
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I lost it all!!!!

Becca, it is so good to hear from you. Only your husband would wear a hospital gown like a kilt. That is terrible that some nurse was trying to put something in him like a feeding tube. So glad you were there to keep an eye on it.

We went to the mall today and we walked v e r y s l o w. He said he could have walked longer but it was hurting me to walk that slow. I remember several years ago on a mile walk for her dog rescue that I couldn't walk with her because the dogs were stopping everywhere to discover the smells all the other dogs had left. So I walked the rest of the mile quickly. Yeah, it does not bother me to change his dressings. I went straight from eating supper to change it. When we were at the office on Wednesday and they gave us some supplies, the bottle of Iodiform gauze was an opened one. What they gave me yesterday was unopened. I am hoping that the vast difference in the Iodiform infused gauze will make a big difference in how quickly I can get that hole healed up since that small area will now heal from the inside out.

Joyce, Indiana No if only Sylvia would check in. Maybe we need an area where we leave an email.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Karen in VA- I sure do use the protien shakes, I use EAS 100% Whey Protein shakes, 30 grams of protein, 7 carbs. Since I started doing weight training, I usually have two a day. I had gastric bypass surgery 2 1/2 years ago so half of my caloric intake is supposed to be protein and only 20% carbs. Not easy for me, but I get pretty close most days. I'm finally beginning to see the scale move downward again. I've lost 125# but would love to lose 10 more. I also use Premier Whey Protein powder to make pancakes, add it to oatmeal, etc.

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

I think my husband was having a few questions about this group, too, but he was keeping that to himself pretty well. Two things really stood out for him and put him at ease. The first was your Sourdough Rye Bread recipe, which we've had fun making and he loves. The second was when he got to meet Rori in person while we were visiting our daughter in Colorado last fall.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

I have to add my thots, I DEFINITELY consider all you ladies here MY friends. You are real, have real problems, real struggles and really terrific ideas and really wonderful successes too. My husband totally "gets it" as one day I struggled to explain to him my feelings for our group he said I know and understand how important they are to you and I'm glad you found them. You all are as much a part of my life as my blood sisters and I love you for it. Hang in there Heather. By the way, Penny I would never been brave enough to cook for Heather. Which means, Heather, we all think you are the cook extraordinaire. I've really only started cooking much since my gastric bypass surgery. I'm very inept, but I keep trying and I'm learning :)

Janetr okc (loving on my friends)