• ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    ✔️
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    A banner day for us. My husband put his signature on his acceptance letter to TAMU and we both signed a lease on a fabulous home
    That is fabulous! I'm so happy for you and your husband.
    Chris in MA
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I was so happy today when I learned that I do not have to be on call this whole week and I have the three day weekend off! The only bad thing is that PB will not be around because he is going out of state for his mother's birthday. Boo-hoo.

Got my hair cut and colored tonight, so all in all it was a pretty good day.

Enjoying some wonderful peaches and apricots this week. It's always a treat when they are in season.

Chris in MA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,727 Member
    Options
    damnit- i'm wearing myself out riding them!

601.6mi so far, might as well shoot for 700 by the end of thursday
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    A banner day for us. My husband put his signature on his acceptance letter to TAMU and we both signed a lease on a fabulous home

t2035.gif
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options

Fantastic!!!!! But you know we need pictures.

Enjoy reading everyone's posts, just not knowing what to say that hasn't already been said.

Got my partial plate today. Feels really weird to have something on the roof of my mouth. It is a flexible one so as my lower teeth hit it, it bends it a bit. I did practice eating from both sides and the front of my mouth and i must say it is nice. But I will have to continue to have to remember not to eat just on the right side of my mouth. This one doesn't have the metal clamps that grasp the teeth. The clamps look just like my gum. I tried to eat some tostitos and I jsut didn't like how it felt around my teeth and the roof of my mouth.. But I will get used to it.

Watching American Ninja Warrior. These guys, and gals are fierce.

Joyce, Indiana
  • carrollindsay2016
    carrollindsay2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post I am still trying to figure this thing out so bear with me.
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Congratulations great news.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options
    Did 10 minute of 10 Minute Solution Butt Lift DVD, held my plank for 2 min 50 sec then about 50 minutes of the extremepump class (have I mentioned how I wish they'd start on time?). The plan for tomorrow is to do Kelley Coffee Meyers Body Shop DVD. We shall see how that one goes.

Karen in VA - actually, sometimes it's really a good thing to "shock" your body and go over on calories one day. As long as you get back to healthy eating (and I know you will) the next day. I think we all have those times -- I know that I do!

That tomato reminded me of when I was a kid and stayed with my aunt who lived on a farm. We'd go out to the farm, pick a tomato (still warm from the sun) and just eat it. Actually, that year I remember I ate so many tomatoes that I, literally, got sick. But were they ever good!

NCRawGirl - welcome!! What part of NC are you in? There seem to be quite a few of us NC'ers here.

Cheri - what a nice surprise! Is it very humid where you are? Was it humid where you were in FL?

DJ - I keep getting some sort of message from MFP that there was a break or something. But then I refresh the page and everything's fine. Go figure!

Marcelyn - here's hoping for the best for you

Jean - welcome! Sounds like you're off to a great start!

DJ - no, I didn't make guacamole with the avocado. I put it in a plastic bag and am having it in my salad. I usually have a salad each day with different (usually what I want to use up) things in it. Today's had spinach, avocado, black beans, celery, beets. Just a mixture of whatever I have that I want to use up.

Cheri - that's wonderful about your husband!

Exercised, went to senior bowling (worked on my handicap), home for dinner, ceramics (working on the seaturtle right now), then mahjongg. Tomorrow we need to cut the grass

Michele in NC
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Chris enjoy the time off the way you talked you need the time.

Relaxing night except some laundry getting done. Was going to hit the ground running but guess I did not realize how tired I am from this past weekend. Start fresh again tomorrow.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    awihae6ui45j.jpg
    Thanks everyone for all your well wishes. I'm sharing them all with hubs. He's happy I have all of you to share this journey.
    Cheri
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    fbg9ywbzltpr.png
    jk2n2ydbhax0.png
    This is the home we are renting. It's in College Station, Texas. It's a 3 bed-2 bath house. We are significantly downsizing. We will be populating Craigslist with items for sale in the weeks to come.
    Cheri
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    <3
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Re: Count me in for those crock pot recipes. I love my crock pot - all 5 of them.

Cheri - So happy that you are enjoying your time in Texas. Sounds like the job at TX A&M is going to be a great match! And just saw you signed a lease. Yea! It is a beautiful house.

Found a somewhat flat place to walk/run this morning by the lake. It was supposed to rain today so we decided to make this our shopping day. Rain held off all day. I found a new top for exercising but the girls found lots (of course). Have not been eating well because we eat out about once a day here, but hoping all the activity will keep those pounds away.

Linda, IA normally but south in MO today
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Cheri!!! m1253.gif
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Popping in between business trips. Got home from Indiana Sunday night. Leaving for Washington state Tuesday AM. So today was all about laundry, mail, and all kinds of catching up. Took me two evenings to read all 400+ posts I missed last week. Whew!

Seattle and Tacoma ladies...message me if you want to get together. It was confirmed today that I'll have some large blocks of time free through Thursday afternoon. Then I'll meeting folks in the Olympic peninsula, Whidbey Island and Monroe before coming back on Sunday.

Sounds like many of you have lots to celebrate. I'm doing a happy dance for Cheri, Beth, Allie and Anne. Thoughts going out to Barbie and Jake, Heather, Becca, Joyce, Chris and all others who feel a bit down or stressed.

Pip...keep on peddling! Yes, 700 sounds like a good number.

Okay, I'm bushed. Off to bed. Stay well. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

• SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    t2234.gif
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Cheri, love your house. It looks rather new or at least the landscaping does. have fun in your new step.

Count me in on those crock pot recipes. Just post them on here!

Well another ostomy bag fail tonight, one yesterday and another today. It's his belly button that seems to be the problem.

My partial sure is weird. Since it is flexible, I can put my tongue on it and push up. I hope i don't develope a nervous habit of doing that. I want to eventually not feel this thing in my mouth at all. But the whole time I was having to clean Charlie up, quickly get a new bag ready, get it on and try to not involve the belly button in it, then clean me up so that I can pack his belly wound, I was real tense. Mainly because I don't know what I am doing wrong and it frustrates me to no end. I was an ostomy nurse in the 70'2. I should know how to do this. But my experience was in the hospital, not in home care. I only saw them in those 7 days they were in the hospital after surgery. This is different. All that belly swelling is down, they are pooping right. I'm lost now.

Jouce, Indiana
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    :sunglasses:
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Linda - you must have messages blocked from "strangers" send me a note and I will send the recipes back to you.

:]

Re in TX